• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i like peach vs falco because she has so many chances to get back into a good situation, and she doesn't die in one combo

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
so at beast i beat europes (probably) best puff
i still have no ****ing idea on how to play the matchup

advice will be rewarded somehow @ apex

Tekk

Smash Lord
Rocky I was playing terrible, while you were playing really well. xD
And I'm not euro's best puff, I'm no Infernum.

Just one thing: the only move you can use with a shorthop when puff is on the ground is nair, or really well spaced bair.
Puff's nair ***** all of falcon's ground options.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I know, the only reason im asking for advice is me wanting to kick your *** when you're playing well next time!!

0Room

Smash Lord
How do you get around falco's lasers on FD ? When I play Falcon vs Falco I always get ***** on this stage, even tho I usually do okay on others.
for me i try to full jump and land on top of him. this is what SS does
Haha so I was right!

Rocky
Basically
You're mobile
She's agile
Not the same thing

uair works wonders
nair is bad because it only hits once unless you full hop

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
The way I look at falco is that he has 3 different laser techniques. The SH laser, full jump triple laser and instant double jump double laser, which covers a full jump and a short hop. There's a weak zone in his laser game just above short hop height that he has to use a full jump triple laser to hit, which is the height I try to hang in. I find that if you use full jump but hold off on the double jump you can react to the laser the falco chooses to knock you out of that zone and avoid say by just landing on the ground or double jumping. I try to do this until close enough to start applying pressure and stop the lasers. (unfortunately that's about close enough for Falco to just hit you and **** you with combos lol).

Of course there are other things to consider like wd oos in-between lasers etc. Just putting my two cents about how I think of lasers.

Falco has to aim his lasers to hit you, so make it hard to hit you, don't be predictable.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
for me i try to full jump and land on top of him. this is what SS does
This is one of the few things that I can kinda predict SS will do when watching his vids, and I'm a little surprised people don't punish him more often for it. I assume he's just really good at reacting to what people do out of their shields after he stomps from above. Still feels kinda awkward to land with such a high stomp though.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I thought johnny was black for the longest time until those youtube videos lol. I mean....his tag is SMOKE 2 JOINTS. He also had a picture of a black guy for the longest time. I forget who.

Walt

Smash Ace
do you mean morpheus?

also brandon told me when him and some others found out johnny had never smoked they made him get high real quick. or something like that.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Nah, a long time ago he had an avatar of some other black dude with an afro. It was before he had an avatar of that swordsman.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Id love to smoke 2 joints right now.

Aussierob i like ur take on lazers. You dont post here often but when u do i normally agree with u. Post more often.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

i don't like smoking much

but i enjoy it a lot if i drink and smoke at the same time

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Gold coast. Come to ACL with everyone else from melb and hugs. I can't come to BAM :(. I've seen your matches / heard of you though. It's good there's more falcon mains in aus lol. We just gotta win now.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
personally discovered a funny mixup that works quite often vs mediocre players

run up shield in front of them (so that they are ALMOST able to grab you from where they stand) then aerial oos right away

got so many free hits thanks to people trying to grab me this way

0Room

Smash Lord
I mean Aussierob knows what he's talking bout
Obviously everyone is welcome here on the falcon boards

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
this post really hit home. i miss the days when peef, scar, chivelruse, g-reg, PC jona and others were regulars here.

this board used to be the cats pajamas :(
Shut upppp you're making me sad.

Edit: and GG7 and otg and nando and pc jonas #1 fan and kk and afrochris... :[

Windrose

Smash Lord
nand0 is banned but still plays. kk still comes sometime. afrochris is inactive, he's a dj now.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I like this 0room guy though. Hes pretty helpful and drives discussion.

And smoke2johnnys. A great falcon main that actually posts? Wut? Love it.

All you new guys are good, were just nostalgic old men is all.

0Room

Smash Lord
Lmao I <3 you too Godroner
You are my hero

If I ever saw you more often

But I understand
After going through that old stuff it looked like tons of fun

Top Bottom