• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tekk

Smash Lord
Why thank you 0Room.
As a Puff player, I think i'm going to go Falcon when foxes and falcos CP me to Pokemon stadium.
I'm fairly good vs fox with Falcon.
Not that good vs Falco.
God that matchup is awful.

Rofl at the Darkrain thing.
"sup"

0Room

Smash Lord
I wish Darkrain just posted in here once to pwn us all for thinking he wouldn't do it.
He's viewed the boards every now and again

Why thank you 0Room.
As a Puff player, I think i'm going to go Falcon when foxes and falcos CP me to Pokemon stadium.
I'm fairly good vs fox with Falcon.
Not that good vs Falco.
God that matchup is awful.

Rofl at the Darkrain thing.
"sup"
Lmao just ban PS
Much easier than playing that stage :/
Though Falcon's pretty good at the neutral stage, just not the changes

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
so sfat played silentspectre twice at the last norcal local and told me that he has gotten a lot better since genesis. . .maybe he's taking the game seriously again *crosses fingers*

0Room

Smash Lord
so sfat played silentspectre twice at the last norcal local and told me that he has gotten a lot better since genesis. . .maybe he's taking the game seriously again *crosses fingers*
Hopefully
He kind of got destroyed by S2J

That look at the match up forever changed my perspective

Last activity was apparently this morning. He might do it.

but now he won't

NOW HE WILL THOUGH
lmao you guys are too good

Tekk

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree, kinda makes the whole set decided at the end of 1st match, if both players are at the same level.

Varist

Smash Lord
Same deal with puff in my experience. In bo3 if puff gets a counter pick she'll win. Sometimes I just want everything to be bo5

edit: oh wait you guys were just talking about puff

edit: well whatever puff's gay all the time

0Room

Smash Lord
My bad, I forgot to precise that there is sometimes no stage banning at european tournaments, due to the little number of stages allowed (5).
It was the case at ESA4 and BEASTII for instance.
Ohhhhh okay that makes sense.
Um then yeah
I dunno lol

If you feel comfortable with that then do it

0Room

Smash Lord
Well it was a psychological thing
He basically just locked down SS and said no
You cannot do your silly things that you do

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
SS didn't get destroyed... they were close-ish games

I would argue that SS got destroyed harder by Darkrain at Pound 4, based on the flow of the matches, even though the set count was 3-1.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well it's the same thing as the other thread
He didn't get destroyed per se

But based on my ideas of how the match would go
Things were much better than I imagined

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
You can get destroyed regardless of the stocks left. Its an opinion thing though.

In a hypothetical falcon ditto, 1 guy does 4 0-death tech chases, and his opponent double upair gimps him 3 times.

If that match happened i would say the first guy **** on the 2nd.

:phone:

Varist

Smash Lord
There's a difference between ****** and winning. Armada won Genesis 2, but Mango was still ****** the whole set.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I agree with reneblade but I have to disagree with that statement Varist.

Mango was playing fox, armada was playing peach. There's an definite difference in the two characters playstyle, fox is way more aggressive than peach can be which may appear as though he was "******" armada, but peach can majorly capitalize on bad habits / mistakes (something armada is particularly good at given the very very few mistakes / habits mango would have), which is why armada won the set.

They both played equally amazing that set, there was no **** going on. just professionals at play.

Varist

Smash Lord
You reasoning seems to be that just because Peach as a character doesn't have the ability to, and consequently doesn't get to ****, that matches with her in them cannot contain ****. There was **** in that match. One **** combo by Armada, a lot of **** combos by Mango, every game. I stand by my analysis.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
My reasoning is that to "****" someone you don't just do a sexy combo, you actually have to outplay the other person or perform at an extremely high level consistantly in a match. I just feel that both players performed at the highest possible level they could and the matches weren't one sided at all, hence there was no ****.

Varist

Smash Lord
You're mixing up the definitions again

outplay the other person or perform at an extremely high level consistantly in a match.
to win

just do a sexy combo
to ****

there was no ****.
doesn't compute.

The problem in your argument is this

the matches weren't one sided at all
Matches as a whole are rarely one-sided, only parts of a match, certain stocks, are one-sided. Small discharges of **** in the form of pants-wetting combos until loss of opponent's stock. That is what happened. These "**** surges" occurred frequently in every match of the set. When combined, the discharges can be termed as a single defining word, "****", used to conveniently describe the entirety of match.

we saw **** that day.

0Room

Smash Lord
Lmao
We're not going to agree

So
Let's just agree to disagree

OR change our definition of **** to
"Watching a match going 'holy **** calm down'"

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Im glad others agree with me, but i agree with varist on this issue Rob.

**** can occur at any moment.
I think we need to establish exactly what **** means.

My defenition of **** is when an opponent is in a defensive position for an extended period of time:

Eg: Mango was ****** his shield.
Darkrain tech chased the **** outa him, that was ****.

OR

When some1 is not incontrol of their character for an extended period of time:

Eg: some1 being comboed.

OR

Mindgames can be ****.

Eg: mangos nair shine fadeback nair > fsmash.

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
What are the best reactions to put into muscle memory?
Is it more important to master movement or memorize match-up info with falcon(x move should be spaced against y move up,down,l,r ect)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Combo level 1 Marths across FD
Even though you won't get people who DI that poorly for the most part it's absolutely crucial that you can at least do those aerial -> aerial chains (since you're Falcon it basically is irrelevant which one you use as long as you're kneeing them in the process at some point)

Once you can do that you have the basics of Falcon movement (assuming dashdancing doesn't really require you to practice too much) ... for technical stuff work on fastfalling ASAP (try short hopping as fast as possible and then adding the aerial in after), making sure you can wavedash / ledgedash fluidly, edgecancels, gentleman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw
Then watch that a few dozen times to learn how to space

Then there's a lot of matchup specific stuff that you pick up by playing / asking questions as they come up (i.e. edgeguarding algorithms vs people with bad recoveries, etc etc etc etc)

Then when you're stumped come back and ask for help

Varist

Smash Lord
Before you try to muscle memory anything, try to make movement with Falcon second nature. If you can think it, you should be able to do it. Falcon's fantastic mobility makes this easy. Don't combo Marth imo, he breaks it up with disjointed crap too often. Combo a level 7 Bowser on FD. For hours. When you can 0-death him once every 6 stocks, then you should start learning about match-up info.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok ok.. I think the definition of **** is misused.. what's the actual definition of that? It's that you completely make someone else feel like a worthless ****. And I think the term should be less used imo, increase your vocabulary or something because if not it just looks like weak arguments as well.

D

Deleted member

I agree with reneblade but I have to disagree with that statement Varist.

Mango was playing fox, armada was playing peach. There's an definite difference in the two characters playstyle, fox is way more aggressive than peach can be which may appear as though he was "******" armada, but peach can majorly capitalize on bad habits / mistakes (something armada is particularly good at given the very very few mistakes / habits mango would have), which is why armada won the set.

They both played equally amazing that set, there was no **** going on. just professionals at play.
i'd say mango played 3x worse, the whole match is mango charging him at the speed of light, sometimes suiciding and usually getting crouch canceled downsmashed

if mango acted 10% safer.. IDK

Varist

Smash Lord
i'd say mango played 3x worse, the whole match is mango charging him at the speed of light, sometimes suiciding and usually getting crouch canceled downsmashed
you just mad

what if a smasher got *****

actually sexually violated

some trolls would have a field day

for that reason (among many others) i hope that never happens.
I can already see the youtube comments

"oh ho ho, looks like darc got ***** . . /wink
:troll:"

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
computers dont help me any more, comboed every char at every level for hours.
i can shffl, WD, MW and just about everything else consistantly and move around the map like MJ
on steriods. I just want to kno if things like WD to powershield are proper reactions to be training
If i dont have a human to play against. I think im at a point where it is mostly decisions and reactions to work on. btw 3 lvl 7 bowsers just knees is really fun make sure to work on LCs and MW edgeguarding

D

Deleted member

you pretty much need people to play, a group of people who are about your level/ better than you

playing by yourself/ computers will only get you so far

Top Bottom