• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
It's funny actually cuz I played smash with this guy who practiced on his own for ages before playing a real person, so his first time playing me he really struggled because he never had to tech against CPU's, and I just dominated him because he was missing tech's constantly lol.

Moral: some thing's are hard to learn against CPU's and can only be learnt from playing people.

Varist

Smash Lord
biggest problem with playing against CPUs is it doesn't train you to shield pressure or combo people who DI logically

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well I feel like a lot of people who think they have "decent tech skill" actually have like ... garbage tech skill <_<

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
tech skill, hell skill in general, has the weird phenonmenon where people who are good often underrate themselves, while people who are not often overrate themselves

Van.

Smash Ace
Well it only applies if you think you have decent tech skill ~_~
What would you define as "decent" tech skill?

Maybe the better question is, what do you think is the bare minimum tech skill required to win a major tournament.

Not even necessarily with falcon.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Character specific tech skill and general tech skill I feel are two completely different things.

Falcon moonwalking and dropzone timing In comparison to falco isai laser drops and shine turnarounds may be easier or harder depending on the fluency of that person with the character.

Wavedashing/lcanceling and however are fundamental skills you should always be fluent in.

Sometimes it's not always as easy as being able to do whatever you want if you're skipping steps.

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Moonwalking is sooo useless
Unless you're Jeapie
Or Fox

Fox moonwalking is actually like ... way more useful than Falcon's I feel <_<
Going out with Bair is so much better for Fox than something like Nair whereas Falcon just wants to knee you haha

Also I hear Hbox won a tournament before learning how to Lcancel so who knows what general tech is :awesome:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Even today Hbox barely l-cancels anything... except those ghey down airs. He easily does the fewest l-cancels per game out of any top player. Always in the air >_>

Palpi

Smash Hero
Everyone knows that Nando did the best combo in the existence of time, and it involved a moonwalk...so I don't know what THE **** you are talking about wenbo.

Brookman

Smash Hero
consistency > tech skill. I hate to rag on the guy, cause he's a bro but just take SW's show in the EC v. WC crew battle.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
In all seriousness... who has had success with moonwalk tech chase regrabs? I've only seen Hax and Nando do it. It seems like they condition opponents for a bit by knee'ing their shield after a few tech chases, then pull out the clutch moonwalk regrab to **** their shield and win the game at the end. So genius.

0Room

Smash Lord
Maybe the better question is, what do you think is the bare minimum tech skill required to win a major tournament?
You need perfect tech skill
As in

You need to be able to do what you want to do
when you want to do it
with no mistakes.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Sigs are not enabled in quick reply unless you check off the box "show your signature" at the botttom right.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Okay, quick question/poll.

What do you guys use for Nair?

1. A
2. z
3. Situation pending?

I use z but it's become a problem due to catching turnips vs peach =(

crush

Smash Master
Is there anyway for stomp>edge cancel>taunt>knee to work? Like when you're standing on a yoshis platform and theyre on the ground and you stop them through the platform.

:phone:

Top Bottom