• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What's the best DI to escape a Fox uthrow when you're at mid to high %? Is there a way to make their nair/bair not guaranteed after a uthrow?

Tekk

Smash Lord
What's the best DI to escape a Fox uthrow when you're at mid to high %? Is there a way to make their nair/bair not guaranteed after a uthrow?
I think that DIing behind them is the best option you have.
At mid %, nair/bair will always be guaranteed.
Not sure about high % tho, I think you might be able to DJ before.

D

Deleted member

DI everything down and away to minimize as much damage as possible

from grabs you will get hit unless they really blow it

==

chaingrabbing falcon should NEVER work if you DI away and mash jump

Zoler

Smash Ace
chaingrabbing falcon should NEVER work if you DI away and mash jump
Yea I meant if theyre stupid and try to not jump like Winston said

DI behind fox, so he has to run backwards to catch you with an aerial (usually uair) and then DI in the opposite direction so he can't catch you with another.
:phone:
Uhm, foxes will 99% of the time nair after uthrow, not sure if uair is possible except against no DI.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I do the same thing everytime, i always predict techroll towards me. :troll:

Roll towards is so good against marths who downthrows you lool, they regrab you 2 or 3 times then fsmash cuz they just can't take it and wants you to tech in place (which you won't).

Doesn't work on better Marths obviously but nothing is more fun than to see the Marth players frustrated faces when they miss their fsmash.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
No but really, i dont expect ppl to tech roll away cause thats too obvious. Teching in place is scary, so in my mind the best choice is in.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Can't they just turn around and d-tilt you/jc-grab you if you tech away to the ledge?

also, hi hax: