• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol ive explained how to do the isai gentleman like a million times but whatever i can do it again

this always works basically

a, FULLY RELEASE, a, FULLY RELEASE, a HOLD as fast as you can
and HOLD a until you input the next command, which can be dashing, crouching, shielding, jumping, grabbing, b moves, basically anything.

the trick is that you MUST hit with the first hit. magus has said that you have to hit with either the first or second but it never works for me unless i make some sort of contact with the first jab.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ive had it work for me if i get either the first or second one, it definitely doesnt have to be all 3

i have video proof from 07 lol

skyheart

Smash Lord
yup, please read what scar wrote everyone that still questions the gentleman

i don't trust the second hit thing, my first jab has to hit or else it never works, don't know why bra

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
I use A, A, Z [anger] for gentlements.

U seem to be able to do that a little faster then just purely timed jabs.
theres no speed difference

actually the a,a,a is faster because when its done you can dash away

with z you gotta wait for the shield to go down first

a,a,a is the best way

people just probably dont even practice it because they think its so easy
practice for like 20 minutes and your good

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
theres no speed difference

actually the a,a,a is faster because when its done you can dash away

with z you gotta wait for the shield to go down first

a,a,a is the best way

people just probably dont even practice it because they think its so easy
practice for like 20 minutes and your good
I use Z and my shield never comes up. I believe it's all a matter of rhythm depending on which one you use.

I've also done A+Z, shield doesn't come up then either. Shielding just ensured you don't accidentally multi-jab, but if you time it right I don't think shield should ever pop up.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
critique my falcon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNDkU7RCcX4
I go first. Before this is critiqued, be aware that my movements are awkward and I dsmash a lot at first because I played fox most of the tournament and I never ever ever play falcon here so I fail at maneuvering on the platforms. /johns
Let me have it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Actually thanks for accidentally correcting me. I mean A+Z

also my shield never comes up. I dont have to delay the jabs as much when I A A A.

Good call on the brute zjin

@tomcawk, ill at least say ur better than I thought ud be after that post lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
a a hold z is easiest and most reliable but your options decrease to jump roll wavedash usmash oos bc stuck in shield bs or grab

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
critique my falcon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNDkU7RCcX4
I go first. Before this is critiqued, be aware that my movements are awkward and I dsmash a lot at first because I played fox most of the tournament and I never ever ever play falcon here so I fail at maneuvering on the platforms. /johns
Let me have it.
if theyre shielding and your right in front of them
dont try to dair their sheild hoping theyre gonna drop it last second, your gonna get shield grabbed

do a last second up air instead and then either dash away or gentleman

that way you cant get sheild grabbed

thats all

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Actually thanks for accidentally correcting me. I mean A+Z

also my shield never comes up. I dont have to delay the jabs as much when I A A A.

Good call on the brute zjin

@tomcawk, ill at least say ur better than I thought ud be after that post lol
I'm probably the best player you've never heard of :D
I'm a fox main trying to make it in a man's world (Falcon Boards)
uair has enough shield stun to prevent being shield grabbed???
And usually when I dair on their shield I'm expecting a spot dodge, that's why I do a lot of dairs on nothing, I'm predicting (usually badly) a roll
also that was against a falco on FoD...cmon. If you don't contribute to the critique then don't comment on my video mafukka

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well if you do everything right you should be able to make it out
like if you were to up air last second then jab and they tried to shield grab, they should get hit by the jab

a normal up air will get you shield grabbed tho

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well if you do everything right you should be able to make it out
like if you were to up air last second then jab and they tried to shield grab, they should get hit by the jab

a normal up air will get you shield grabbed tho
so a strong uair on a shield gives me enough time to jab and intercept a shield grab? but MORE IMPORTANTLY....I can dd away and dodge a shield grab? How positive are you of this?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
noooo
not strong up air

last second..feel me ?

like at the combo that starts @3:13
it goes raptor boost, up air, up air then w/e
the second up air, see how low it is? like that one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDNJv92TCjk

if you do it like that low on their shield you could jab and hit them if they try to shield grab
or do it then run away and make them miss the shield grab

it always works when i do it
scar should have last word, or someone else that knows more
i just know it works for me

Tomacawk

Smash Master
that's what I meant by strong uair. and marf can probably grab far enough to snag you out of a dash away from him

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats why you jab

or gentleman into grab which is awesome
makes me feel like ss

and i never heard the low u air called strong up air like that so i thought you misunderstood

but yea, it works

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah I know I'm dumb I didn't say UR SO BAD LOLZ I just said that's what I meant
:p
ANYWAY
more critiques plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

_kSo_

Smash Master
tomacawk you are running around spamming moves too much. evade and bait more against falco. throwing out random attacks with low accuracy is gonna get you combo'd. Hard.

also FoD is ¯\(º_o)/¯ in this matchup

skyheart

Smash Lord
"the reason for the uair that low is because you want to hit them as you are hitting the ground so once you l cancel it, it's almost as if the other person is in the beginning of the hitstun and you are at a neutral position to do basically any move you want and gives you some milliseconds to choose what to do"

-lol master

Tomacawk

Smash Master
tomacawk you are running around spamming moves too much. evade and bait more against falco. throwing out random attacks with low accuracy is gonna get you combo'd. Hard.

also FoD is ¯\(º_o)/¯ in this matchup
I blame the stage for that one. Once my friend uploads tourny matches I'll have more of my falcon on maps that are....manageable.
but thanks. It's pretty annoying that falco can do anything and out prioritize anything at any time.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
learn two platform cancel all your aerials into more aerials and platform tech chase and FoD becomes really fun... not to mention that its also pretty? @_@!

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Is it safe to say that when you are standing still and you short hop stomp that you should fast fall before the hit, and when you are running and you do a short hop stomp that you should wait till after the hit to fast fall?
I usually fast fall as soon as i can because I want to be as fast as possible. The reason why people might fast fall after the hit while you're running is because you want to land behind your opponent's shield so you don't get grabbed. Same thing if you're about to moonwalk a good distance -> stomp. If you're playing someone that likes to wavedash out of their shield expect to get ***** if they shield your stomp and you land right next to them. With the right spacing when they shield that **** you can jab them or buffer a roll (or do a lot of other things if you can predict what your opponent is going to do OOS) before they can grab/fair/nair/bair you.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ok umm... this isnt really a cf question, but... Big D, does your name come from the ska band "Big D and the kids table"?

im not that good with cf, so does he have a good matchup with sheik. if so i might pick him up.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I usually fast fall as soon as i can because I want to be as fast as possible. The reason why people might fast fall after the hit while you're running is because you want to land behind your opponent's shield so you don't get grabbed. Same thing if you're about to moonwalk a good distance -> stomp. If you're playing someone that likes to wavedash out of their shield expect to get ***** if they shield your stomp and you land right next to them. With the right spacing when they shield that **** you can jab them or buffer a roll (or do a lot of other things if you can predict what your opponent is going to do OOS) before they can grab/fair/nair/bair you.
Yea but when you run and fastfall a downair into someones shield they can shield grab you and the dair goes longer when you dont fastfall it. I know the dair can be fastfallen before the hit when your standing still or moving a little left but I want to what others do about the running dair it seems to me like its just better to fastfall after the hit on the shield.

And screw the moderator who shut my thread off about this they should at least talk to you before they turn that stuff off.

adhdfoy

Smash Journeyman
Scar. How do i get good looking? Not my Falcon, cause its already sexy, but i me as in myself?

Also, roll to walljump? whats the timing on that?

Eaode

Smash Champion
captian falcon terrible match up with shiek? sorry but i wont be on these boards anytime soon.
It's not all about combos, you know. Yes Falcon combos sheik like nobody's business, but sheik can techchase Falcon so easily, and forever, and needles and dsmash **** falcon's recovery. Not to mention she also combos him at mid-high %

Zjiin

Smash Master
Unless I'm reading Lunars post wrong, I'm impressed by the level ignorance some people can jam into one tiny post.

I remember when i was new to the boards, and has so much to learn. But asking for help and then choosing not to believe it is something entirely different, lol.

222stubborn.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
zjin he was looking for a close/counter matchup with sheik so he isn't going to play falcon because of that, that was his intention if i'm correct the whole time.

skyheart

Smash Lord
It's not all about combos, you know. Yes Falcon combos sheik like nobody's business, but sheik can techchase Falcon so easily, and forever, and needles and dsmash **** falcon's recovery. Not to mention she also combos him at mid-high %
where you hear that one? ohhhh that's right, a person who saw people like m2k do it, then post it, let's see you try that, stop talking about theoretically what someone can do and actually try doing it yourself against a good falcon

the tech chase thing is as dumb as saying fox can just keep waveshining falcon, then edgeguard, the end

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no but the tech chasing thing is easy

falcons tech's last like 5 minutes

only his tech in place is good, and sheik still ***** it

and if you dont tech you get jabbed and then grabbed anyways

and if the sheik doesnt react in time to grab, she can still get in a dash attack

its gay

skyheart

Smash Lord
no but the tech chasing thing is easy

falcons tech's last like 5 minutes

only his tech in place is good, and sheik still ***** it

and if you dont tech you get jabbed and then grabbed anyways

and if the sheik doesnt react in time to grab, she can still get in a dash attack

its gay
play your sheik vs my falcon then, i can gurantee that i will beat your sheik everytime, 95 percent of the time ^.^

Top Bottom