• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
nice, challenge a CF player's Sheik, THAT'LL TEACH HIM!

play against a competent sheik who's spent any time on learning the matchup and come back here and tell us all that the tech chase isn't stupid and relatively easy. You're in MD, just play Tope or something.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I'm probably the best player you've never heard of :D
I'm a fox main trying to make it in a man's world (Falcon Boards)
uair has enough shield stun to prevent being shield grabbed???
And usually when I dair on their shield I'm expecting a spot dodge, that's why I do a lot of dairs on nothing, I'm predicting (usually badly) a roll
also that was against a falco on FoD...cmon. If you don't contribute to the critique then don't comment on my video mafukka
I didnt critique because I was short on time. All I did was say that you didnt suck like I thought you would from how bad you made yourself seem in that post.

**** compliments I guess they are overrated

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Dear scar & BigD:

How do I **** floaties? I have a lot of trouble with the any of my character's vs. Marth matchup, and flacon seems to do not-so-poorly vs. him. I've been working on a zero to death cg (dthrows, nairs, knees, regrabs) but I'm not sure how it will stand up. I know my stuff vs. floaties in general, being nair combo to knee and dthrow to knee, but marth is just tough. any advice?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
If only you knew how true this statement was *goes back to practicing Kirby*
lmao yo remember when i was marth and then you picked kirby

and you were like

"its not about winning, its about how many stocks i can take off before i lose"

and then you took off one and you were like woooooooo

hahhaahaha

loooooool, sick burn max

i know your name somehow
maybe its from me saying max all the time referring to him?

and i just noticed max, you played me son, how could you do that to me :'[
i thought we were TFG lmao

skyheart

Smash Lord
Yes and no. The regular user of that account is a MD/VA smasher and his posts will actually be comprehensible for the most part. lolmaster and I think one other person uses the account as well. You'll know when it's lolmaster that's posting LOL
his name is Moo, he's a smasher from jersey if i remember correctly, atleast that's what wendell said, oh and the post above, wendell told me to write on aim cause he really believes he is his father...beats me :dizzy:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I didnt critique because I was short on time. All I did was say that you didnt suck like I thought you would from how bad you made yourself seem in that post.

**** compliments I guess they are overrated
compliments are for the weak

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Powershielding helps a lot against Falco, especially when the Falco is handing out lasers like they're credit card invitations.

Also, see if you can grab the ledge in time while Falco is charging his up-B.

And, from what I saw in the DK match, there were times, particularly in the beginning, where you could've grabbed him after nairing, but you didn't. It really helps to learn to grab off aerials. Also, with DK, you can just tech-chase the crap out of him, until you can just uthrow to knee him.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea dk is so huge you can teach chase him easy because of that big blob of fat rolling

skyheart

Smash Lord
I'll comment on the first match. You had good reads on Mogw, but your spacing/timing of where he was tech rolling was a bit off. I think you have good potential. Keep playing, you are bound to get better.

Cia

das kwl
^ maining GaW is one of the worst things you can do in melee.

and say he did have a better shield. his mobility sucks, his attacks are insanely slow. is he lighter than jigglypuff?!?! His disadvantages still outrank his advantages IMO.

the sad thing is i heard he does fairly well against Jigglypuff lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master

and say he did have a better shield. his mobility sucks, his attacks are insanely slow. is he lighter than jigglypuff?!?! His disadvantages still outrank his advantages IMO.

I'm well aware of this. Even on kongo he'll die from fox usmashes before 100 :(
but the fact is he is a insanely fun character and if he had a bigger shield i'd give up fox/falcon for him.

metashinryu

Smash Ace

not true,gnw most attacks are disjointed hitboxes,he can shffl fast,his **** fsmash is overpowered,his vertical recovery helps ya hit people is stupid and awesome ways,almost all attacks looks same so its harder to predict,that stupid dtilt is just ****,and has teh 9, combos too fecking easy, and can kill from a throw with nair

only bad thing is his shield,otherwise,if falcon wasnt so awesome i would pick gnw

Cia

das kwl
not true,gnw most attacks are disjointed hitboxes,he can shffl fast,his **** fsmash is overpowered,his vertical recovery helps ya hit people is stupid and awesome ways,almost all attacks looks same so its harder to predict,that stupid dtilt is just ****,and has teh 9, combos too fecking easy, and can kill from a throw with nair

only bad thing is his shield,otherwise,if falcon wasnt so awesome i would pick gnw

I WAS going to give a detailed response backed by data, logic, and all that tecno-geek jargon. Then I saw that and changed my mind.

I wish more people considered dropping falcon for GaW.

metashinryu

Smash Ace

I WAS going to give a detailed response backed by data, logic, and all that tecno-geek jargon. Then I saw that and changed my mind.

I wish more people considered dropping falcon for GaW.
yeah,everyone holds back when they see falcons a$$**** combos and sexy stuff-knee combos and,did i mentioned combos?

EDIT:reaver catches it,you wont give away falcon once you start using him XD

Scar

#HarveyDent
no it doesnt help

i mean i combo most marths to death a lot, so i dont really have a problem with it, but i was faced with a marth that has great DI recently (cactuar) and I realized that the key to beating him is to not be stupid with approaches and to MAKE EVERY GRAB COUNT

dthrow always at low %s, figure out what to do vs any DI until 30% where uthrow uair combos, and when they're at high %s uthrow knee combos and uthrow uair is safer and combos as well

make sure you don't fall for his recovery tricks, get the edgeguard as much as possible, marth is a jerk when he's at high %s. the isai roll bair still works, and weak knee outprioritizes marth's upB (unless he sweetspots you i'm sure)

you MUST beat him onstage bc offstage you always die vs good marths. if they dont want to leave the ledge go for uair>offstage dj uair combos, they usually cant recover from them.

Top Bottom