• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
we did miss pc vs shiz for those milos

and i dont think i completely sandbagged, i seem to remember feeling like my falco was playing really great vs you

but maybe i was going for dumb stuff and as a result seemed sandbaggy

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Which moonwalk gets a farther distance? The one where you just press one direction then half circle the other direction or the dash dance version(Ex: left, then right, then half circle left)? I heard one gives a longer distance but I'm told by two dif people that it's one or the other...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ive answered most of the questions lately, just ignored the burger king stuff

and i didnt think you could hit A more than once without fully releasing it in between, its not a pressure sensitive button is it?
Its the timing. If u fully take your finger off the button u generally get that good wait time that u need in order to pull off the gentlemen.

I still like A A A plus Z

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
everyone camps in melee trust me i've come to realize this. just some a lot gayer than others. from falcon to falco.

i was even surprised when people called em campy =o like seriously lol i had no idea. eff you scar u-tilt all day.

anyway the moonwalk guide sucks in my opinion. i learned how to moonwalk from watching a mewtwo moonwalk video guide which is the exact same thing with more sense. (for the best distance)

basically go right left right. [the left right section grazes the middle of the control stick but doesn't touch until you end up at right again] and obviously the reverse is for moonwalking left but many people are handicap and can only do it in one direction.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
hey, I have some issues edge guarding. Now, I think I know for the most part the different edge gaurding moves, but I think I just don't know how to aproach edgegaurding itself, perhaps I get too anxious. Any tips for edgeguarding overall?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
everyone camps in melee trust me i've come to realize this. just some a lot gayer than others. from falcon to falco.

i was even surprised when people called em campy =o like seriously lol i had no idea. eff you scar u-tilt all day.

anyway the moonwalk guide sucks in my opinion. i learned how to moonwalk from watching a mewtwo moonwalk video guide which is the exact same thing with more sense. (for the best distance)

basically go right left right. [the left right section grazes the middle of the control stick but doesn't touch until you end up at right again] and obviously the reverse is for moonwalking left but many people are handicap and can only do it in one direction.
Camping is usually has a negative connotation associated with it, but its not always the case. Sometimes thats the appropriate thing to do but Ive always felt that being patient is different than camping.

Its the same concept but patience in a match is more like a yield, stop n look 4 traffic, then proceed. Camping is ***** we aint goin nowhere if u wanna play come visit.

Thats just my take. Theres nothing wrong with trying to get good position. just dont be gay and stay there the entire match.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
anyone who camps in melee either really wants to win, or has no soul.
they have no soul

i play vs a friend of mine who starts playing nice and ends turning gay mode on,picks fox laser my *** and waits me to come grabs uthrow utilt regrab and repeats as many times as he can and edgeguards

hes like he wanna win the bad way,he doesnt have fun either when he does it

in a tourney or something i would understand it,but hell,he was just visiting my house -_-

Cups

Smash Ace
if you can't beat it don't knock it

get better and camping won't be an issue. CF players are among the campiest anyway. DD camp and win.

soap

Smash Hero
they have no soul

i play vs a friend of mine who starts playing nice and ends turning gay mode on,picks fox laser my *** and waits me to come grabs uthrow utilt regrab and repeats as many times as he can and edgeguards

hes like he wanna win the bad way,he doesnt have fun either when he does it

in a tourney or something i would understand it,but hell,he was just visiting my house -_-
lol, thats how i get too.

smash brings out the worst in people

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
A few things I noticed. First off, your opponent has no idea how to fight Falcon. He puts himself in the air regularly, giving you plenty of time to come in between the aerial lag. He also doesn't do well to force you to the edge, where Falcon is far less maneuverable.

On your side... Your movement patterns are fairly repetitious. It didn't matter here because your opponent didn't really punish them, but just be aware of this so you can force yourself to mix it up. Some follow-ups could have been better, but that comes with experience as well as studying better players.

skyheart

Smash Lord
haha, nawwww seberoni is a noob and loves to throw out up smashes. He upsmashed more than he U-aired that night. lol

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
hey scar i know ur working on ur guide and all but is there any certain combo i can practice with cf until ur done or something? Also Something is terribly wrong. Whenever I shuffle and I am sure that I am indeed shuffling my moves i can't hit the person before they can assume control of their character again. Is it not true that if you shuffle perfectly that the other player should not be able to move before you hit them again with another part of the combo. For ex lets assume this scenario:

Marth rushes after me with a nair. I shield grab marth from 0% into u throw, then I shuffle a nair and then I TRY to hit him with a nair again or uair or even a knee but alas he will shift yet again? WTF

Zephyr

Smash Lord
That just means you're inputting moves too slow. Just move faster. Also, you should probably d-throw marth at lower percentages; it's much more conducive to 0 -> death kills. =D

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Well I miraculously pulled off my first isai combo today or scar combo or darkrain combo or wutever. Nair to Nair to uair to tip of knee of the edge of the screen and then electric sweetspot knee, but it was hella hard and ridiculously fast. Got lucky as i can't do it again. i have been training for 2 hours now trying to get this ridiculous nair down lol.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
uthrow nair doesn't combo on marth at 0%, especially if they DI away like they're supposed to

zephyr is correct saying dthrow is better at 0 percent.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
God i wish i had a trainer for cf, anyways i find that when i actually get down to it and try to shuffle those nairs with amarth level 1 it is really hard. You c i use the A button for aerials and it gets ridiculous when you have to shuffle that and i can't fathom using the c stick as i would have to start all over and that is not going to happen. Any help?

Top Bottom