• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
when u-throw -> uairing with any character I stick jump and use A. I don't stick jump for anything else besides some of my flashier Falco stuff, so I dunno, I'd try stick jumping it, since you can just like, tap forward to dash, roll the stick to upward to full hop and then just hold it there while hitting A to uair.

When it's not a uair, I do exactly what you're talking about, jump with X, aerial with A asap.

soap

Smash Hero
stick jumping is ****.

u can get those frame perfect full hop risers super easy

and unlike using A u can do retreating/neutral DI

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Scar, any advice for taking out peach? I can't find any means of an approach cause if I try to use an aerial she'll hit me out of it and edgeguard me till I miss a tech. Her Bair-> Dsmash is a big problem along with her jab to grab. How shall I go about ****** this wh:Ore

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man i was about to pay $4 for that premium deal to change my name then realized i totally dont need to pay for that

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i'll hang on to drewboob for emergencies

oh and cosmo i totally stole your idea with the ! but i couldnt resist doing all 3

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh gawd combos come by easier since I learned I was fast falling wrong xD. I used to always fast fall AFTER hit lag, which would commonly cause me to not fast fall at all and thus end up L-cancelling wrong and yeah, no good. Jeez was I astonished when I found out this simple fact xD. I just got a new controller because the old one was being stupid...doing stuff I wasn't meaning to do A LOT of the time(johns). Anyways, is it typical for new controllers to be all weird when you press down? Like I'll just be SHL'ing with Falco and it doesn't seem like I can fast fall them all of the time when I choose to, like sometimes I do it but sometimes I don't...same goes for spacie's ledge shine to up B cancel thingy majig...sometimes I just fast fall laser gg. I'm guessing the thing just isn't "broken in" yet? I've noticed my tech is more consistent with the thing at least, definitely a good sign =D.

Still probably going to have to play as Sheik for that Marth matchup...ugh Falcon lives a hard knock life and I hate that matchup with a burning passion...

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
for marth, just dashdance camp a lot and do quick cross-over nairs. That way you can defend yourself while forcing marth to commit to defending from one direction. (Marth doesn't have good defense behind him on the ground, his uptilt takes forever to hit behind him) and with his laggy moves you can punish with a grab or nair or even a stomp if you have good timing. Basically never let marth start to control the spacing then the match gets easier because marth is so easy to combo.

Its also really easy to just take marth to fd and fake him out with dd all day and then grab -> combos :)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
falcon vs marth on fd is so ****ing ****
falcon seriously ****ing ***** marth as long as you stay on the map and don't get utilt uair and platform ****ed

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i beat every falcon i've ever played with marth

we're all lucky marths arent good at the matchup

j00t

Smash Champion
For some reason, Sheik is easier for me than Marth is. But I dunno, my consistency changes every week.

Next week I could be losing to Peach :(

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
to some extent, yes they do, because you shouldnt count anybody playing the matchup wrong when quantifying the character matchup, and if my terribly mediocre marth can beat every falcon it plays then certainly anybody who is good with marth can manage to watch what i do and do the same thing

its pretty tough on fd though

i think =! should mean it especially equals

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea whatever bigD, id **** your marth

i come from the land of great marths

you cant just say your marth ***** falcons when like 95% of falcon players suck ***, lol

im still shocked at how many falcon players dont know how to l cancel into dash properly. step it up falcons

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
scar comes from the land of great marths as well, but that didnt save him

ive gone about even with jiano in the matchup for this past year as well, and beaten marth1 more often than not i think, though we might have gone even

and you lost to kel last time you played against a mw marth hahahahah

4% APR

Smash Champion
so wait, people in this thread are taking advice from some joker who joined this month?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah in one of our friendlies before the tournament, thats why i thought about doing it in tourney but i thought you'd be mad at me haha

i think i beat you kinda bad actually, but i dont remember for sure

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Scar, any advice for taking out peach? I can't find any means of an approach cause if I try to use an aerial she'll hit me out of it and edgeguard me till I miss a tech. Her Bair-> Dsmash is a big problem along with her jab to grab. How shall I go about ****** this wh:Ore
*patiently waits*

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i didnt answer because i suck vs peach, but try rolling away from her a lot so she starts overexerting herself with a dash attack or something then you can shieldgrab/dd grab that, thats a good place to start

and uair her if she ends up above you somehow

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk peach is a *****

just run around and dont get hit and idk just try to grab her, except that doesn't work cause all she has to do is fc dsmash

go look for g-reg's peach advice, it's a stupid matchup just get more practice and don't keep making the same mistakes

if they camp you all you can do is camp them back

Top Bottom