• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
this really isn't a question, but i found it interesting. on yoshi's story if you go in the middle of the stage and full jump you can't get onto the top plateform but if u dair or uair when you full jump you can. idk if this has alrdy been discovered i bet it has but i havn't seen or read anything about this. again alot of you prob knew this so don't call me a noob ***. but i just really noticed it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just run around and dont get hit and idk just try to grab her, except that doesn't work cause all she has to do is fc dsmash
float cancel downsmash what the fuuuuuck?
bolded advice is pretty good though.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude seriously, besides the CG peach doesnt have anything on falcon, except maybe edgeguarding (but who doesnt have that on falcon?)

skyheart

Smash Lord
anyone can edgeguard, it's part of the game

peach can fair the falcon off the stage when he's trying to come back

falcon can knee the peach when she's trying to come back

it depends if the person gets them with it

just about every character is easy to edgeguard when all they've got is their upb

i mean cmon

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Now I know this is like a dumb question cuz its all preference, but do yu guys use z more or cstick or equally.

I seem to be more effective offensively when using z but it feels a little awkward almost as if its happening by accident :( lol

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I almost never use Z for aerials. It's just awkward for me and C Stick seems so much more natural.

Also, I think Ness has it worse than Falcon. All you have to do is jump off and hit his Up B before it can hit him and he can't do anything. At least Falcon and Ganon's recoveries have infinite priority.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what could possibly be the advantage to using z over c-stick.

i assume z would suffer the same difficulties as using A would, making it tougher to DI the aerials a certain way

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
what could possibly be the advantage to using z over c-stick.

i assume z would suffer the same difficulties as using A would, making it tougher to DI the aerials a certain way
Z allows you to keep your thumb on the jump button during shffl stuff unless you wanted to raptor boost or something. Typically A or Z are faster for aerialing ASAP since they are closer to Y/X than the C-stick is.

There is a good player in NE names Trees that does everything with Z pretty much (aerials, l-cancel) and he has no issues and plays really really well.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
does this dude not get it or is he making jokes

my dk is better vs ganon than my falcon i think

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
run around pretending to do stuff until theyre high enough for you to get under them and uair

if they wont do it throw some full jump stomps at em to confuse them and tempt them into jumping higher

if they stay under a platform the whole time youre ****ed

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Z allows you to keep your thumb on the jump button during shffl stuff unless you wanted to raptor boost or something. Typically A or Z are faster for aerialing ASAP since they are closer to Y/X than the C-stick is.

There is a good player in NE names Trees that does everything with Z pretty much (aerials, l-cancel) and he has no issues and plays really really well.
trees *****. i didnt know he used Z for everything tho

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
bigd, you've seen kels' lightshield thing vs marth? you face away from the stage with the lightshield at the edge, when marth upb's you fall and bair right away. you should try it with falcon's bair or uair.

Meneks

Smash Lord
bigd, you've seen kels' lightshield thing vs marth? you face away from the stage with the lightshield at the edge, when marth upb's you fall and bair right away. you should try it with falcon's bair or uair.
Lambchops does that all the time with falco, there is a clip in the video "takes guts to be amazing" of a falcon light shielding at the edge against a marth and he shield dropped kneed him

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
thats kind of cool but not actually that useful compared to the normal light shield edgeguard

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah imo it's better to just ****ing light shield ledgeguard, lol
ledge hop reverse knee if they get on the stage
problem solved, but women remain unimpressed
i guess there is aconflict of interests here
bigD, MM my falcon and fox next time I see you. I think I can beat you in one of those matchups : )

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
since when did falcon players start playing dull when you have the option to be flashy as ****?

i'm disappointed.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Watch Azen vs ChuDat in like 2006. That's a dull, but really ****ing good Falcon there for ya.

Hate to say it, but... SilentSpectre vs many top Sheiks/Falcos. Super flashy but not quite the most efficient winning style.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah i've seen M2K lightshield -> dair w/ Marth before in friendlies.
it's awesome stuff... i've done a dropzone knee this way before. kinda unreliable in comparison to the usual edgeguarding stuff but yeah it impresses the ladies.

against jigglypuff you just have to be like hungrybox and bair around the stage. it's pretty much your best aerial for damage/priority/speed against puff and they can't really punish it all that well. always do downthrow -> uair if you get a grab unless they DI away, as you can get rested out of dthrow knee if the puff knows what they're doing. low % missed rests do Dair -> Dair, otherwise do falcon punch.
it's a dumb match-up.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I use Z...

My thumb on the x an index on the z makes for every aerial to come out as fast as possible...

I dont see a problem with it. I dont Dair with it.

Anyone else JC grab with y + z? I sometimes do the control stick quater circle up thing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i use y to jump
& for jc grabbing
i use c-stick for uair and dair, or for bairs/fairs while traveling in the opposite direction of that aerial.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
U can do a lightshield shine in fox dittos. Face the ledge lightshield and hit down B right away. Its **** for stopping non sweet spotted fire foxes lol. anyways.....

Only thing I was thinking is that I have a bad rhythm and dont attack immediately cuz of the time it takes to move to the cstick. I realized thats what it was, and im just gonna practice moving to the cstick before the previous aerial is finished.

Isai doesnt use Cstick at all either.

Top Bottom