• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The Marth matchup goes back and forth for me. Some days I utterly **** the Marths I play, others they **** me. And whenever they **** me it's because I was always dumb enough to approach them by the ledge, where they get those easy gimps/edgeguards. Also, Marth's grab is gay cause of that tech chase and uptilt nonsense. So now I just dd a bunch to grab, to **** and then NEVER go near the edge ever. I just get the lead and then make sure to keep the Marth in the center of the stage.

I'd sooner ban FD than FoD against a Peach. I despise FoD more than anything, but that chaingrab is just so stupid and painful to deal with.

raaaaaaaape

brawllover is a legend though
lmao

this really isn't a question, but i found it interesting. on yoshi's story if you go in the middle of the stage and full jump you can't get onto the top plateform but if u dair or uair when you full jump you can. idk if this has alrdy been discovered i bet it has but i havn't seen or read anything about this. again alot of you prob knew this so don't call me a noob ***. but i just really noticed it.
**** I don't think I've noticed that lol. Might have done it by accident before

since when did falcon players start playing dull when you have the option to be flashy as ****?

i'm disappointed.
When I'm playing well, I tend to go for flashy things instead of the easy kill or win. It often costs me the match.

Isai doesnt use Cstick at all either.
Is this seriously true?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I switch off between using A and c stick almost randomly. I can't even tell which one I like more, but usually for a knee when I have to follow a character that DI'd my stomp away, I'll use A for the knee, which is why I almost always reverse knee them and it's mostly entirely on accident.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I switch off between using A and c stick almost randomly. I can't even tell which one I like more, but usually for a knee when I have to follow a character that DI'd my stomp away, I'll use A for the knee, which is why I almost always reverse knee them and it's mostly entirely on accident.
im the same way, depends on what youre comfortable with in different situations.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Ok i have a legitmate moonwalking question that I cannot find the answer to and I feel the guide is ambiguous. To get the best(ie farthest) moonwalk do you move the stick all along the bottom, OR as close to the center as possible without going through(otherwise you dash dance)?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the key is to get to down and hold back, as soon as you dash forward. the sooner you are holding back (after the initial dash), the longer the moonwalk

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I've found that getting it to the same angle as a wave dash works as opposed to strait back. This is just a personal preference and i get a good moonwalk out of it. It also helps me stay closer to neutral on the stick whenever i'm rolling back.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea think of the dash animation and how many frames goes into it. if you dash frame 1, press down frame 2, and hold back frame 3 for all the rest of the frames, you will do a massive moonwalk. smaller moonwalks simply mean you held back at a later frame.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea think of the dash animation and how many frames goes into it. if you dash frame 1, press down frame 2, and hold back frame 3 for all the rest of the frames, you will do a massive moonwalk. smaller moonwalks simply mean you held back at a later frame.
well, I thought perfect moonwalk was dash frame 1, hold back frame 2 for the rest of the moonwalk, but I could be wrong.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you press left frame 1 and right frame 2 you will moonwalk, regardless of if you go through neutral or not.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you hold left frame 1 and frame 2 then go right on frame 3, it won't be a moonwalk. if its frame 1 hard left frame 2 right it will be a perfect moonwalk. go test it

Meneks

Smash Lord
If we can't count frames and test frames whats the point in even mentioning it?
Everything i learned i learned without the knowledge of frames or how they work..
Just good ole practice

pockyD

Smash Legend
knowing frames gives you concrete information about whether something can work or not just by doing some simple math

it's not that relevant for learning to moonwalk, but especially for comparing the speed/stun of 2 moves, it's much better to compare numbers than to go with one move "feeling" better or safer

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
im not sure about this

but i dont think mango knows frames

i dont think the top players do, except for m2k

Top Bottom