• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School>Brawl [Scarborough, Ontario] Results, Videos and Shoutouts

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
yeah honestly,the new version of B+ trumps w.e i played at the last tournament,this version didnt feel like a gimmick or lose my interest after 20mins, restored my faith in b+ as a legit game!(Bowser isnt sexy anymore though:()
While I agree, after doing some research there are still some tweaks needed. Ness actually needs to be nerfed a bit (contrary to what I said at the tourney when I wasn't adjusted to the new codeset); PKT can jungle some characters 0-death which I didn't know during tourney, but it's silly and needs to be fixed (and is being fixed in the next release from what I'm reading).

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
While I agree, after doing some research there are still some tweaks needed. Ness actually needs to be nerfed a bit (contrary to what I said at the tourney when I wasn't adjusted to the new codeset); PKT can jungle some characters 0-death which I didn't know during tourney, but it's silly and needs to be fixed (and is being fixed in the next release from what I'm reading).
Fair combos...

Oh well it's Brawl+ and it's understandable... After this tourney I sorta have more faith into Brawl+, I just need to know how to put it in >.< But I'm lazy as well >.>

5ive

Smash Champion
Too bad it's not trying to be Melee at all. It plays like a totally different game.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
And you guys are all happy with this?

I don't understand how you are okay with this guy. How you accept the way he abuses all of you.

I don't want to be in any place, or on any webforum, that this scum is welcome. And I tried to make my peace with his arrogance and sociopathy but I don't have a God's patience.
I'm done. He goes or I do.

From Ontario events in the future, or even SWF (if the mods take moderator action here), ban him or me. Just tell me who.

You'll never see me again, I don't care, I'll drop this game right here. Brawl doesn't infuriate me the way it does Avarice (sorry to hear that, bro) - I rather like it - but very little could be worth the ***-****ing I get from Minus every time I see his signature, or hear his prick's whine.

/thread derailment
As much as I like Nate, and agree with Gichan about people having to put up with my **** before, I also agree with PK on this one.

Nate, you need to relax man, that post was so obnoxious its unbelievable.

I'm sure you're awesome at all of those games, but I for one can't stand it when people who weren't at the event say they probably or even could've won any event, thats irritation to the soul my friend.

So once again, I'm cool with both of you, but I'm on PK's side.

As for PK, bro you need to just ignore Nates posts or like block him or something from SWF so you can't see his posts, don't stop going to tournaments because of him it's just the way he is, but I can see where you're coming from.

And as a side note, who would want to ban Nate anyways? Chill on that.

Iliad

Smash Lord
ZedF in all honesty bro, Minus is a legend in the scene, and is integral to most TOs when he's present. Don't say things like "Ban him or I'm gone." Cause no one is going to want to ban Nate, regardless of how arrogant he may sound in a post. That's more or less just announcing you're done with competitive brawl.

Doc is one of the biggest trolls in SWF and we still let him take our money. Don't let someone's posts get to you.

*Edit*

Also, I forgot the reason why i even came to the thread.

BRACKET IMAGES! PLEASE! THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED DAY OF.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
ZedF in all honesty bro, Minus is a legend in the scene, and is integral to most TOs when he's present. Don't say things like "Ban him or I'm gone." Cause no one is going to want to ban Nate, regardless of how arrogant he may sound in a post. That's more or less just announcing you're done with competitive brawl.

Doc is one of the biggest trolls in SWF and we still let him take our money. Don't let someone's posts get to you.

*Edit*

Also, I forgot the reason why i even came to the thread.

BRACKET IMAGES! PLEASE! THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED DAY OF.
Quoted for truth, and sex.

5ive

Smash Champion

I knew I forgot something today. I'll get them up tomorrow, laptop is with my parents atm.
Sorry guys.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Zedf, I'm not even going to fully go into everything I could say about you, but simply put you criticize waaay more then you help out, and you critisize way more then is ever needed.
I remember running the Utama tournament, scrambling around keeping everything together, and I remember you adamantly argueing the legality of a stage (was it distant planet, pictochat? something like that).
So I'm trying to keep the tournament running, and you keep argueing with me even though I just said, "look I'm just going with the standard regional rules."
After annoying the hell out of me I asked "why this stage, are you planning on counterpicking it or something?" and you just straight up said, "No...."
From that point on I have never liked you. And much of your reaction to me was just counter to that, which I understand.
Cool story bro.
So anyways, either way. Your post made me seriously :laugh:, suck it up you baby. I'm safely 2 provinces away.

Also Sword I'm not going to argue with you as I'm completely unsurprised with your input. I'll just mention I'm not talking out of my ***, and I'm not trying to take anything from the winners, just lamenting over my inability to attend real tournaments, as I'm sure I would have enjoyed entering and going far in all 3 events.

As for brawl+, its an awesome game and the balances that are put into play are exciting, one piece of advice I would give to anyone though is to be able to spread their abilities out over a couple characters, as that character you really love now might not end up being the same in the future.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Shouldve easily placed top 5 but after getting stage gayed at under 15% two stocks in a row by Frigate, I just had no will to play the game anymore. Don't know if that's going to change either. I wish I didn't get gayed at every tournament Ive been to. I don't remember my last clean set.

If anyone saw what happened you'd agree. Probably the most BS thing I've ever seen in my life.

Brawl is lame, I'm going to enter olympic controller throwing.

Niko_K

Smash Master
LOL The player who it happened against already posted justifying my point before I even got into the thread. It was really dramatic.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So I just realized I forgot to invoke DSR against Yoh... lost on FD game 1 then again in game 3. Argh. Yoh is legit though, so glad to see someone repping Samus; I knew that character had untapped potential.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd feels mad good to see people responding positively to B+ in this thread.

That means we're doing something right somewhere. :V

Also, wtf @ B+ results. If that's true, we can't even use those results. >_>

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'd feels mad good to see people responding positively to B+ in this thread.

That means we're doing something right somewhere. :V

Also, wtf @ B+ results. If that's true, we can't even use those results. >_>
It's true. Distructo honestly would have won anyway; I think everyone left he either sent to losers or stomped in friendlies already. 2nd-4th was uncertain though.

5ive

Smash Champion
Yo Neko, stfu.

I think we should finish the Brawl+ bracket one way or another. Maybe at LBT to officially claim bragging rights. Yes?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Also Sword I'm not going to argue with you as I'm completely unsurprised with your input. I'll just mention I'm not talking out of my ***, and I'm not trying to take anything from the winners, just lamenting over my inability to attend real tournaments, as I'm sure I would have enjoyed entering and going far in all 3 events.

As for brawl+, its an awesome game and the balances that are put into play are exciting, one piece of advice I would give to anyone though is to be able to spread their abilities out over a couple characters, as that character you really love now might not end up being the same in the future.
Quoted for mother****ing truth, come back soon Nate, didn't mean to semi bash on you I just don't want people getting the wrong idea about your posts.

Sorry if you fealt as thought I've bashed you, not like that.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
It's true. Distructo honestly would have won anyway; I think everyone left he either sent to losers or stomped in friendlies already. 2nd-4th was uncertain though.
This isn't true, I took dist to game 3, 150 %, last stock with MK and he clearly said I'm the best he's fought in a while.

Ask him.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Sh*t... not a single Lucario on that list... **** it... Do I have to go outa my way to make Niko's tourney now just to rep the blue beast?:ohwell:

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Sh*t... not a single Lucario on that list... **** it... Do I have to go outa my way to make Niko's tourney now just to rep the blue beast?:ohwell:
You can if you want bro, but you wont get past the knee of justice with your mewtwo look a like =). All in all, you do gotta come out, it's been awhile since we trash talked eachother face to face.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
They're trying to tone down MK because he was still god tier at first in B+ (hitstun made him even better lolz), but I think they went way too far. He can't combo for crap now except uair combos (which he could do in brawl) and like dthrow -> bair (why does dthrow have backwards knockback now?), he's still fast but the frame increases on his move(s) (not sure if anything other than dsmash was changed) makes him fairly average, he's still light as a feather and no momentum cancelling means he dies even earlier... I think the current B+ MK is low tier actually as funny as that is.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
MK is still pretty good imo. His natural capabilties make him strong like that. I do want to give him some buffs on certain moves, like Side/Down B.

I did notice you didn't use moves like Utilt which actually works well in B+ due to hitstun. And side B is a better tool in this game, both offensively and recovery wise.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I did notice you didn't use moves like Utilt which actually works well in B+ due to hitstun. And side B is a better tool in this game, both offensively and recovery wise.
Not sure if you're referring to me or Doc, but that was the first time I ever used MK in B+...in any build of B+ actually; I wasn't adjusted to Ness' new build and just drifted over to MK as a counterpick for one game lol.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have no means of hacking my Wii and practicing Brawl+.

**** my life.

Brawl+ is awesome...

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I was on the list for both Brawl and Brawl+. :( By the way I want to see your Lucario in action and see if I can learn a couple of things from you. Us Lucarios have to stick together. :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik, all you need is a 1 GB SD card. It's not that expensive.
I also need a ****ing Wii and a computer LOL.

Also, remember when I first arrived and we started having friendlies on that Wii in the far corner?

It was Brawl+, and I won a couple of matches and Doubles friendlies took place on it as well.

It's not PaintedGhost's Wii, it's either 5ive's or F1ZZ's, but I would really appreciate it if the owner could upload all those matches.

Thanks in advance. :yoshi:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Zedf, I'm not even going to fully go into everything I could say about you, but simply put you criticize waaay more then you help out, and you critisize way more then is ever needed.
I remember running the Utama tournament, scrambling around keeping everything together, and I remember you adamantly argueing the legality of a stage (was it distant planet, pictochat? something like that).
So I'm trying to keep the tournament running, and you keep argueing with me even though I just said, "look I'm just going with the standard regional rules."
After annoying the hell out of me I asked "why this stage, are you planning on counterpicking it or something?" and you just straight up said, "No...."
From that point on I have never liked you. And much of your reaction to me was just counter to that, which I understand..
Okay, let me clear that up.

At the time, what I was trying to make clear was that I was just thinking that I had seen a certain stage on a CP legal list recently, not that it was the most recent, or that it should have been on that tournament's stage list.

I tried very hard to clear up our disagreement at that time, because, as you can see, we weren't even arguing at all. You thought we were arguing.
Something similar happened before with Niko; he was talking about his D3 chaingrab-banned tournament, and I was talking with him about how he could define that - to make everything run smoothly for him. He wasn't able to get that I was telling him something about move inputs, and instead thought I was talking about what he should or shouldn't ban. This misunderstanding went on for 5 minutes and we didn't clear it up until he came back to SWF.

However, that incident had the advantage of at least me realizing Niko wasn't catching on. All this time, I thought I had cleared things up a similar way with you in some later SWF thread.

Seems pretty ****ty then how you dislike me for balls reasons then... and I honestly can't remember the other things that I heard from you at that tourney (you treated me in an abusive way), but I'd be willing to sweep that under the rug if it's just because you thought I had been the **** first.

I don't really know what to expect to see, then. We've basically established neither of us has any truth-tracking view of the other, so... I'm just putting this out there.

Sorry for the vulgarity, people.

Top Bottom