• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 2: Last Day of July RESULTS!!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
To the Steak&shake gang: Sorry for bailing/failing on you guys, I didn't know where I was going and got lost and drove too fast XD. But maybe next time we can pick something closer to the venue q.q.

Did anyone see my match vs lain on the livestream? Lain's Nana > Popo.

Complete shoutouts later

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm so glad that I have such a great smasher for a partner. <3 Day. We'll keep on getting better and better and then that 4th will be a 1st! :)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Joey i wasn't mad you placed higher than me. It's always good to see people do well. Just a lil upset that the bracket didn't separate the Top Ohio players properly and we all ended up playing one another early. I know it was because of time and everything but it wouldn't be super time consuming to put Kel, Blue Rogue, Shugo, and Myself further away on the bracket. I believe we all got 1st seed as well. Congrats to you pimp...you did good, so don't feel like I was angry with you.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Kel and Y.b.M shouldn't have been on the same side, but BR/shugo was balanced with Lain/Infern. (although Kel shoulda been 3/4 seed imo). The brackets got further f'ed up when infern lost to Mr Eric, giving Lain smooth sailing to WF. (no offense to any of the players on the bottom bracket)

What's The Point

Smash Master
Lain's side of the bracket was the easier side. Blue Rogue and Infern should have switched for better balance. But this is only in hindsight, plus not knowing pools.

Though Lain did play King Beef second round, who was (probably) the expected 1st seed of his pool.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
To the Steak&shake gang: Sorry for bailing/failing on you guys, I didn't know where I was going and got lost and drove too fast XD. But maybe next time we can pick something closer to the venue q.q.

Did anyone see my match vs lain on the livestream? Lain's Nana > Popo.

Complete shoutouts later
It's okay, we met an eagle, and it gave us the knowledge of 20000 thousand men.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I think it should be mentioned that Chi and me made pools, Hilt and others were out to lunch and since we were limited on time and Daycia couldn't do it alone AND there were no other experienced TOs in the building we decided to step it up.

Though as a result of me advertising the live stream and them making pools, I had to skip lunch :( which along with my lack of sleep the night before and crazy stress getting lost in cinci for an hour finding the place, directly related to my poor performance.

but I would like to thank everyone (Keist, Nope, and other TOs) who have let me sit in on pools/bracket making in the past, and taught me the method.

I'm not putting anyone down or trying to be a jerk, but I feel like it should be at least be mentioned for a little credit for our effort.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lain's side of the bracket was the easier side. Blue Rogue and Infern should have switched for better balance. But this is only in hindsight, plus not knowing pools.

Though Lain did play King Beef second round, who was (probably) the expected 1st seed of his pool.
King beef was second seed because he decided to sandbag and go pikachu against me :'(

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Yeah the fact that we got a bracket period was great. Luckily we didnt have to leave anywhere near when we were supposed to. We had less than 5 hours to try and do pools and singles (or so we thought) so everything got rushed. Had we known that we would get away with staying until 1am, the bracket would have looked nicer I'm sure

shoutouts later

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kel and Y.b.M shouldn't have been on the same side, but BR/shugo was balanced with Lain/Infern. (although Kel shoulda been 3/4 seed imo). The brackets got further f'ed up when infern lost to Mr Eric, giving Lain smooth sailing to WF. (no offense to any of the players on the bottom bracket)
Shugo and Blue Rogue are from the same city (or close to the same city). They play all the time...having them on the same side isn't idealistic.

Also, I'll do my god like shout outs a lil later....

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Ya..ive had about 13 sets with BR now...lol. definately the person i play most often in ohio xD..

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Really wish I could have made it to this. I'm super upset that so many awesome people were there to chill with, and I was to broke and bummy to get out there to OH.

Sorry for not bein' able to make it Day. Really was lookin' forward to teamin' with you, and finally gettin' to run doubles with a GnW. Hopefully we can some other time.

Y.b.M, I'm waitin' on that CD pimpin'.

Sai, Lumi, Lyric, Kip, Kassandra, and Slim good **** reppin' KoJ. We all need to be at one tournament, and WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TAKE A PICTURE?! :mad:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
1: Shugo :metaknight:/:falco: - Good stuff on the win, Shugo. It was nice having you down and seeing you around/talking to you.
2: Lain :popo:/:metaknight: - It was nice to actually talk to you this time (first saw you at Showdown) and your Ice Climbers are interesting to watch. Was able to watch your set against Tako and you playing around with Clowsui. Good stuff.
3: Kel :metaknight: - Thanks for the little bit of MK practice you gave. I've got some choices to make as for if I really want to play Mario against MK or not. I'm leaning towards the latter.
4: Infern Angelis :snake: - I wanted to play a MM against you (only ONE dollar, not five), but I never got to get around to it. Either way, congrats on coming out and doing so well after not really playing for a while. Shows how good you are.
5: Joey :metaknight: - I was glad to finally meet you. Sucks that I got thrashed by you so hard. You're as good as advertised. (Congrats on beating KB!) I'll have to get some of my honor back against that Peach. Should not have been a three-stock. :(
5: Fizzle :metaknight: / :dedede: - Glad to have you out, we never did our Bowser dittos or palmer matches, though. Maybe at OUGA if you get to come out.
7: Y.b.M. :kirby2: / :dedede::zerosuitsamus::pit: - It was interesting playing against your Pit. It's solid and your ambition to be the best with various characters is an interesting one. It's weird to see you look so disinterested when playing someone, though.
7: Bowyer :metaknight: - I don't think I got to meet you, but I'm glad you came out.
9: King Beef :peach: - Really glad to meet you, though I didn't get to money match you as planned. We got to friendly and I saw you in pools, so that was good.
URGH, I should have beaten your Sheik with Falco
Your Peach is as amazing as advertised and were fun as hell matches, hopefully my Mario will be more improved when we meet again.
9: Blue Rogue :warioc: - Nice to see you come out, it sucks that you had to play Shugo again so early. It's weird now, since after running into you all the time, I haven't had to play you in like three straight tournaments. I kind of want to now, lol.
9: Mister Eric :rob: - Wow, good **** beating Infern, Eric. You seemed to be playing pretty well all around. Good job.
9: Hilt :olimar: - Glad to see you for the first time in a while. I never got to play against your Olimar, unfortunately, so that sucks. But it was still really fun to hang out around you. I feel really bad having to skip out on you during round two (and taking my laptop/strip) but it seemed like things ran smoothly either way. Thanks for putting the TO software on my laptop.
13: Dark Louis :snake: - I got to see you, but never formally introduced myself. You've got a fun Snake to watch and I'm glad you came out. (MAC schools represent.)
13: Tako :rob: - Had to be a little tough running into Lain first round, but you still seemed to do well enough.
13: Today :gw: - There's way too much stuff I can shout out to you for... but I'll try. First of all, awesome tournament! Thanks for housing Helen, Auspher and I, thanks for the Brownies, the fun doubles friendlies you and I teamed on, etc, etc. Everything was just so much fun, you know? Also, congrats on fourth for you and Joey's team. You're already scary and just getting much better. Keep showing off that Game and Watch, people were already impressed by it, I think... and now they have all the more reason! Hope to see you soon. Sorry for the mistake calling your match on doubles bracket, I got overwhelmed for a moment.
13: Sai :diddy: - Again, hope everything is working alright on the DS I sold you. I tested it before I sold it to you, so it should. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play you.
17: Steel Samurai :marth: - Another person I got to meet again. I remember playing you at a Nopes months back, but your Marth is still amazing. I know I'm pretty disadvantaged (and you powersheilding all my fireballs god****) in the matchup, but it's something that I would like to play for quite some time with you. It was that fun.
17: Luminoth :wolf: - Pure Wolf rep! I didn't get to see too much of you, though I got to watch you do some friendlies with Auspher. Your Wolf looks really legit. Glad to have you out.
17: Joshkip :sonic: - Brooklyn Rage! Your Sonic is pretty frustrating, lol, but in a good way. Glad to see you come out.
17: Crash :luigi2: / :dk2: - Diggin' the haircut look (no homo), Crash. Sucks that we never got to finish that money match. Maybe at the next tournament I get to see you in. Hopefully OUGA where we'll have enough time to do it. Good stuff beating Clowsui, though I didn't get to see most of your other sets. You + Hilt on teams is way too epic.
17: Braxton :yoshi2: - Lolupbkill. It was nice having you out and fun to play multiple matches against. Hope you ain't even mad, though. You did come back and more or less control me in the second/third pools match. Lucario/Mario isn't terrible... but it's also not really fun when you let Lucario get control. I didn't think I did horribly... but obviously not well enough to win the set.
17: Mr. E :rob: / :dk2: - Nice having you out. Didn't get to talk to you a ton.
17: Tactical :lucario: - Where did you even come from?! Lol, nice seeing you again. I wanted to play your Lucario but didn't really get the chance.
17: Katakiri :pt: - Glad you came out and that was an intense set between you and Day first round. Your PT is still really fun to play against. I'm sad that you dropped Kirby, but I can understand why you did. Hope to see you at another tourney soon.
25: Excel :sonic: - You're a cool dude, Excel. I wasn't able to play against you this time, but maybe in the future. Keep reppin' that Sonic, it looks really good.
25: Clowsui :falco: / :marth: - Nice to meet you, though I didn't get to play against you. I guess you're right. You are the blackest dude in INKY chat. (If you don't count the actually black people that are in there.)
25: Darrel :falcon: / :pt: - I have to say, I was really surprised by your MK. It was a lot better than I expected. Your Falcon was good (I'd been drifting around while you played it) though I'm discouraged that I lost to it round one. It was nice meeting you, you were a cool dude.
25: Sil :rob: - Man... that loss against KB was heartbreaking. You were doing so well. Either way, I was glad to see you come out along with Fizzle and FanFan. I need to play you again soon, since it helps me eventually learn things to help me play better. You'll get 'em next time.
25: Meta Flair :metaknight:
25: Amadeus :olimar:
25: KassandraNova :metaknight: - Really sucks that you had to run into Fizzle first round... and then Tactical right afterwards. Your MK is still really, really good. I wanna see you time some more people out.
25: Kreggins :toonlink: /:marth: - Good ****, Kreggins... you've really improved. I got to play your Tink and Marth... and your Marth has really, really improved. Congrats on getting out in your pool and I look forward to your improvement. GOD PIES.
---
Pools Cut Off:
33: TheComposer - Steak and Shake was really enjoyable, even though it wasn't Popeyes. Friday night was hilarious, there's so much stuff we need to do. Brawl -, Brawl MM, Street Fighter (3/SSF4), etc. Hope to see you and Squid at OUGA!
33: ShyGuy
33: Fall Out Rainbow
33: Gas
33: Onaga - It's always really fun to meet another Mario! Watching you gave me some ideas of stuff that I need to use for my Mario... and I don't care who says they suck. Mario ditto's are the best matchup in the entire game. Hopefully, I get to see you at more tournaments (come to OUGA - August 20-22!). You're a really cool dude.
33: TGSM
33: Slim - Don't worry about not going all out against me, though you shouldn't have just expected to get out like you thought. Looks like Darrel had your number. Still, you looked pretty good from what I watched of you in pools. I kept making mistakes against your Kirby that you were punishing me for.
33: Baby
41: Hael Phael - Awwww hael! Sup dude, glad to finally meet you for the first time. I'm going to try to make it out to your tournament, but we'll see how this works out. I gotta play your Pika offline, it looks better than your online one.
41: Slaw
41: Stephanie
41: Annet
41: Squid - "How did this guy get in the back room?" Lol. All of the Oli's I've met have been really cool dudes, but you've got to be the coolest (Sorry Hilt!). Hopefully you get to come along with Jake and (maybe INKY, hopefully) to OUGA. I can feed you some more knees if you're hungry. They're easy to whip up and serve. So much fun stuff to touch on, but you already know since you were there. Kool-Aid shirt was way too legit.
41: Sief
41: Juu - There's so many johns you could make for not getting out, but they would be exactly that --- johns. Ultimately, you just have to get better if you're going to call yourself a good Mario. Didn't do enough to win the sets you needed to. Take a break for a short bit, get a better mindset and get back to work.
41: Janine
49: Auspher - Thanks for the ride that started this most epic weekend. I know we were all kind of discouraged at the end of the weekend, but that just means we gotta go harder afterward. I'll see you at OUGA!
49: P
49: Chris
49: Delta
49: Rikku - Like I told Auspher, don't get discouraged too much. Your Lucario is coming along and improving at a good rate. I'll see you at OUGA, too!
49: Level 9 Snake

---
Misc: Applications to the Milkshake Back Room are now being accepted.
MX: My bad on the ride call, a lot of stuff happened and I got mixed up. Understandable if you're upset with me, I'm legitimately sorry for it.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
1: Shugo: Nice seeing you again! You and Kel did amazing in doubles! Keep on keepin on man. xD

2: Lain-Great job waking up for doubles! lol. Now only if you could work on not being DQ'd so much. :p

3: Kel-Pichuuu! Pi! Pichu! Chuuu~~!!! <3

4: Infern Angelis-Find a Dragonite texture hack for snake and you'll be golden.

5: Joey-Wowsa! Great job Joey! This is the first time I've seen you play just one character for a tournament and not 21398721 other characters. :O

5: Fizzle-I'll get you next time Gadget!

7: Y.b.M.-Thanks for cheering for while I was trying to time someone out. Always a pleasure seeing you man! :D

7: Bowyer-Didn't play you :\

9: King Beef-You snuck into the Lady smasher pic! That's something I would expect Sneaky Tako to do... :O I would like to play more of Peach again soon! :D

9: Blue Rogue-I don't think I've ever seen you place this low. :[ Are you just not farting at the right time or something? @_@

9: Mister Eric-This mother Beeper is steppin his beepin game up. Holy Nightmare watch the beep out!

9: Hilt-Wish we coulda made it to Popeyes. No hard feelings about the bracket. :]

13: Dark Louis-OMG! You...You-WIFI SNAKE! :O

13: Tako-Can't wait for our long drive to Apex, we should sing songs! I'll make a CD! ;D

13: Today-Good job! Did you go all GW? If so, that's pretty sweet! :)

13: Sai-I would really like to play a ton and learn that diddy MU. :X

17: Steel Samurai-You are so smart against Mk's. xD

17: Luminoth-Wowsa! Stepping it up! Lets go KOJ!

17: Joshkip-Sorry I missed the KOJ pic. x_x Also great job! Keep"GO! punching" your way to the top!

17: Crash-Always awesome seeing you! Brawl Minus was too fun! xD

17: Braxton-Didn't play you. :\

17: Mr. E-Didn't play you. :\

17: Tactivsl-Everytime I hit you it just makes you stronger! Grah! D: Are you still homeless?

17: Katakiri-Didn't play you. :\

25: Excel-Sorry again for playing gay.

25: Clowsui-Host more smashfests!

25: Darrel-Didn't play you. :\

25: Sil-Whoa. How'd you place this low? :C

25: Meta Flair-Heeeyyyyy! Let's friendly next time!

25: Amadeus-Didn't play you. :\

25: KassandraNova-You suck. Quit this game.

25: Kreggins-I did not play you. :X

Pools Cut Off:
33: TheComposer-You are a silly man!
33: ShyGuy-You are very quiet!
33: Fall Out Rainbow-idk
33: Gas-idk
33: Onaga-Step it up John!
33: TGSM-idk
33: Slim-No KOJ member should be drowning in pools.
33: Baby-I played like crap against you.
41: Hael Phael-Next time I will mm you.
41: Slaw-idk
41: Stephanie-Great seeing you again! Keep playing! See you at OUGA!
41: Annet-Thanks for taking pics! xD
41: Squid-Next time have kool-aid packets on you. AT ALL TIMES.
41: Sief-idk
41: Juu-Mama-Mia!
41: Janine-Keep practicing! You'll get there! You still did great for your first time!
49: Auspher-idk
49: P-idk
49: Chris-idk
49: Delta-idk
49: Rikku-Great job! I hope to see you at more tournys! <3
49:lvl nine snake-step your game up maaaaan!

Ashley: You are amazing! You gonna be the best TL ever! Watch out Quivo!

All in all, this was pretty fun. Except for getting bracket ed. I'll just have to practice for next time. :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
Apart from the few hiccups here and there this was a great tournament. Thanks Day and Sai for getting the venue, thanks to Day for bringing brownies, sorry to Hilt for destroying your entire box of Cheezits - I'll bring Grippos for you at the next tourney we're both at, and thanks to everybody for attending. Good **** to Sil also, who deserves all the credit for making pools since he gave up his lunch break and could've done it on his own even if I hadn't started the initiative to make pools.

I have a long way to go, but I think it has a lot to do with mental aspects. I just need to focus on my mental ability within the game - I think in a very complex manner about the game outside of playing it, and when it comes to doing in-game reads and in-game "mindgames" (hate that word), I try to think in too complicated a manner. It's getting better, but very slowly. Hopefully I will do better at ISA2 and hopefully I will get some God Kais training soon!

For those who didn't know: Shugo almost lost game 1 to Steel Samurai in their MM. Even though it was $1, I would like to congratulate Steel for doing such a good job. Game 2...2 stocked, but Steel knows EXACTLY why and the reasons why just prove how much farther he has to go as a player before he takes sets from high level ppl like Shugo. Mark my words, the next set with Shugo will be game 3, last hit...I called it right here.

--

Singles out of 54 entrants are:

1: Shugo :metaknight:/:falco: - you're too good at this game :) Fun times hanging w/ you and talking on AIM and stuff. Our base styles with Falco are the same, I'm 100% sure of it after watching you this time around LOL You're just too smart and too good! Can't wait to play you in an actual friendly sometime instead of being interrupted.
2: Lain :popo:/:metaknight: - stop wandering around all the time, really hard to find you esp. when I have no confidence in your phone :( Thanks for ****** me in friendlies continuously...until next time.
3: Kel :metaknight: - Didn't play any friendlies at all this tournament. I really need to play your MK more cause I am garbage vs. MK, need more experience!
4: Infern Angelis :snake: - I was too much of a scrub to even meet you in loser's bracket. Good job at 4th especially after not playing for a while. Totally deserved to lose against Blue but good **** pulling out the win anyways hahaha! Fun set in doubles.
5: Joey :metaknight: - Next time...:(
5: Fizzle :metaknight: / :dedede: - Haircut wat. Also, you're still the most underrated player in Ohio. I hope these results change that, because you've been showing everybody for the past 5 months why you deserve to be counted as a threat.
7: Y.b.M. :kirby2: / :dedede::zerosuitsamus::pit: - Hook me up w/ some of that training ASAP! You'll get a free meal every time too. Fun games at this tourney, esp. in doubles. You'll get 'em next time.
7: Bowyer :metaknight: - I'll consider that transfer. Your MK is still too good :(
9: King Beef :peach: - 2-2. Fun doubles friendlies, get ***** by SS, see you in brackets later ;D
9: Blue Rogue :warioc: - You're a fgt. But the nicest fgt ever. Can't wait until we meet in bracket again. Sucks that you got bracket *****.
9: Mister Eric :rob: - Should've brought X-in. Nice seeing you again Beepo, and great job beating Infarn.
9: Hilt :olimar: - I'll never be able to beat your Olimar it seems :cry: Fun games in pools, thanks for hosting this tournament! Hopefully we can play more next time.
13: Dark Louis :snake: - Great friendlies, your Wolf and Snake are def solid. Thanks for driving the MI guys down and I hope we get to meet in bracket someday :D
13: Tako :rob: - Takooooooo! Hopefully we'll meet in bracket cause I think I finally have a slight handle on the Falco v ROB MU :3 Steppin it up though I see, you got this next time bro.
13: Today :gw: - Thanks so much for hosting and everything. You've gotten a lot better. Can't wait to play you in bracket and hopefully we can get together more to work on our skill xD Fun games in doubles too - you and Joey are an excellent team.
13: Sai :diddy: - You booty. Nah j/k, sucks that we didn't play at all but it was nice seeing you dudeski.
17: Steel Samurai :marth: - Dynast did well for its second debut in ages lol. Nice job vs. Shugo. We'll keep getting better from here...you are definitely better than 17th. Time to step it up!
17: Luminoth :wolf: - Fun games, I have no idea what to do vs. Wolf. Really solid player, you will only go up from here. Time to work on my MU...
17: Joshkip :sonic: - BROOKLYN RAGE
17: Crash :luigi2: / :dk2: - :( I am disappoint when I lose to you because it seems like I haven't made it any farther by losing to the same people. I lost to one very simple mistake that cost me lots of damage - thanks for pointing that out. I'll get my revenge someday, for now we're 0-3.
17: Braxton :yoshi2: - Yoshi can smd. Fun seeing you though. I can't believe you have a real life trollface (no offense intended), lol
17: Mr. E :rob: / :dk2: - ROB is booty, play a better character.
17: Tactivsl :lucario: - Lucario is booty, play a better character. Hopefully we'll meet in brackets some day...I got this >=)
17: Katakiri :pt: - You were actually here? I wanted to show you why Sheik v. PT isn't ****, lol.
25: Excel :sonic: - your Sonic is getting better, too bad the character itself is bad ;P Fun chillin w/ you daw.
25: Clowsui :falco: / :marth: - patience, mental composure and reading ability. The three biggest things you have to work on right now, and coincidentally the things that come with time...
25: Darrel :falcon: / :pt: - Doubles was fun! :)
25: Sil :rob: - 18 minute set, lol. ROB v. Falco is boring, but I'm glad I pulled it off. Thanks for doing pools stuffs again, you deserve all the credit honestly.
25: Meta Flair :metaknight: - You gave me quite a scare with that MK D: You're hilarious though xD Keep workin at it.
25: Amadeus :olimar: - wish I could've played you.
25: KassandraNova :metaknight: - You've gotten so much better! I'm at the bottom of the Cincy ladder now. Time to step it up!
25: Kreggins :toonlink: /:marth: - Nice Marth.
--
Pools Cut Off:
33: TheComposer - AMAAAAAZING shirt. Fun times at this tournament too :3
33: ShyGuy - What happened? D: Was great seeing you Mason...but I expect you to do better next time!! :o
33: Fall Out Rainbow - didn't play you :/
33: Gas - see FORain
33: Onaga - your Mario = fun times. Seems like my tricks DO work against that character, which is good 'cause I think Xeroxen is out to get me.
33: TGSM - fun pools matches. You have too many habits w/ GW and awful DI :( Work on both those things.
33: Slim - Didn't see you play Kirbs at all, what happened?
33: Baby - didn't play.
41: Hael Phael - I'm not $5 MM'ing a Pikachu when I have very little exp and when you have tons vs. a Falco that isn't even that much worse than me >:/
41: Slaw - Didn't play
41: Stephanie - didn't play
41: Annet - Nice meeting you!
41: Squid - Beefed it. Great to meet you, can't wait to play you at ISA2! :D
41: Sief - your Samus isn't patient enough and doesn't have a very good concept of how to approach/camp. That's the best advice I can give you from the pools games we played :/
41: Juu - I'm da blackest and da bess :3 Wish I could've watched your Falco in a legitimate game/set so I could've given you advice. Until next time!
41: Janine - Didn't play you.
49: Auspher - Didn't play you D:
49: P - Fun doubles set.
49: Chris - ??? :<
49: Delta - Were you that Zelda that was fighting Steel? You're pretty darned solid haha, keep it up!
49: Rikku - Wish I could've played you.
49: Level 9 Snake - You are improving my son....taking stocks off of me is no joke, even if it's just one stock a game. Green Greens is da bess.

I will probably be at ISA2, so I'll see you all there. Until then, it's heading to the Hyperbolic God Kais Chamber for me...

D

Deleted member

1: Shugo - I knew you'd win, even with all the other great players here. Great job, man!
2: Lain - It's really scary, but awesome to watch your Ice Climbers kill with that insane grab. Nice!
3: Kel - Nice seeing you again, but we didn't get to talk much. "Do You Remember Me"?
4: Infern Angelis - I was only able to shave a stock off of you. I'm just not good at fighting Snakes...got so much to look out for, but still, it was nice getting to play you.
5: Joey - Your Meta Knight was hell on my Lucas in doubles. That's the first time I've ever gone against a MK as Lucas, actually, and it's not a fun fight at all. It had me so on edge, I couldn't even recover properly...heh, embarrassing, but next time I'll know better!
7: Y.b.M. - You play Pit, also? Pretty cool. I'm picking him up as an alt to fight my bad matchups(Pikachu, D3, Sheik).
7: Bowyer - Ugh...I felt pretty bad after your DK juggled me offstage. I didn't think the blast zone was that close at all, and I almost had you! Great matches.
9: King Beef - Your Peach is looking good as always, but I still have never played it. If you're going to OUGA, I'll have to play some friendlies with you there.
9: Blue Rogue - Nice Wario. Like Kassandra said, step up your farts. xD
9: Hilt - Thanks for running this! Didn't get to see your Olimar, but I hear it's pretty good.
13: Dark Louis - Reppin' that Wolf! It was fun playing you in dittos, and I learned some new techniques as well. Wolf da bess!
13: Today - Thank you so much for letting me, Rikku, and Juu stay at your place, as well as running this thing! By the way, I woke up at like...6 am and your cat was snuggled up next to me while I was sleeping. Soooo cute! <3
13: Sai - Didn't see you play, but heard from Rikku that your Diddy was awesome.
17: Luminoth - I love your Wolf, and it was awesome to see you again! I don't think I'll be going to Raleigh, but thanks for the offer of a place to stay. Hopefully, I'll be a little better next time we play dittos. I didn't do so hot...
17: Joshkip - Your Sonic was pretty fun to fight. I'm thinking it probably would have been better if I went Lucas against you on RC. I can't camp nearly as well on that stage with Wolf, and I need to bair more. Thanks for the tips after our match!
17: Crash - SHORYUKEN!
17: Braxton - You seem under similar character circumstances as my friend Rikku, which is awesome.
25: Sil - You were so close to beating KB. I was worried when you were grabbing that ledge...and then it happened. Hopefully you'll do better next tournament. I expect you to **** at OUGA.
25: KassandraNova - Didn't play you, but saw to teaching Helen that she needs to use the c-stick to smash. That should help her game a lot. Oh, and thanks for the Pokerus! :)
25: Kreggins - Kreggins!! WTF! Marth?? Good stuff getting out of pools. You're getting a lot better.
33: TheComposer - I need to play your Samus again. It's johns, but I wasn't in the best mood when I fought you, and I made a lot of bad choices. I hope to see you at OUGA. "GET BACK IN THE TRUNK!" ::rage face::
33: ShyGuy - You made the saddest face I have ever seen when your name was deleted on someone's Wii. I'm so sorry!!
41: Hael Phael - Argh...that chain grab!! I didn't expect to go to game 3 with you, and I'm happy I at least did that given the matchup. Great job!
41: Squid - Milkshake backroom da bess. Nice meeting you!
41: Juu - Yeah, we pretty much gotta step it up. Sorry that I had to pull you away from the tournament, but I really needed to get home. Hope you had fun, though!
49: Auspher - I suck at this game more than I realized. I'll hopefully be a little better at OUGA. I really shouldn't be so hard on myself given that I hadn't played Brawl for 2 weeks prior to this, but still...
49: Rikku - I don't think you've realized just how much you've improved. You were in a tough pool. I think you'll make it out at OUGA. Just don't lose your confidence.
49: Level 9 Snake - Less missiles and more tilts.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Man I can't wait to get back in Ohio to get in on these tournaments again. I'm missing you guys way to much :(. Also, Shugo, I'm coming for you.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Great tournament, awesome attendance.
Shoutouts

1: Shugo - Shugo, my bro. Good stuff bringing it back against Lain. MW has your back as you shoulder our hopes at apex lol.
2: Lain - You are the premiere IC's, you need more confidence XD. Japan will be lining up to MM you at apex.
3: Kel - Good stuff, I'm glad I didn't meet you in bracket lol.
4: Infern Angelis - Messing up the brackets in a way that only a GK could. Good seeing you and hope you continue coming to tournaments
5: Joey - Man, count/renegade/Krystedez better watch out, this guy might steal the #1 INKY PR spot.
5: Fizzle - You seem to be getting better faster than anyone in OH, including me. I'm so jealous XD.
7: Y.b.M. - No bracket yawns. Overcoming adversity should be your motto lol.
7: Bowyer - Good seeing you, bring down more MI next time :D. And make sure Lain isn't being irresponsible lol.
9: King Beef - KB NEOH's pride and joy. Secondaries will really help your peach out, I'll rue the day you'll CP MK on me.
9: Blue Rogue - NOBODY HAS ANY DIAMONDS. and get more rest next time.
9: Mister Eric - Sorry, doubles fail was all my fault, no joke. Great job reppin ROB against infern, but he was ready for me in losers T.T.
9: Hilt - Great tourny, finished reasonably on time. But don't leave the venue, we need you XD.
13: Dark Louis - Still somewhat salty I lost that dollar lol. But good stuff, thanks for bringing down/housing MI.
13: Today - Great Job beating Mr. E, you seem to wrecking my ROB bros. I still don't think the G&W MU is that bad... but yeah great tourny, just don't leave the venue for any reason, we need you to take responsibility when stuff goes down.
13: Sai - Sai good seeing you, another person who beat a ROB bro.
17: Steel Samurai - Steel, you could be the best Marth of the MW. You really need to learn more MUs though, start going to OOcity, OOS tournies man XD.
17: Crash - Luigi is so scary to play, he punishes trips so hard T.T. But taking me to GG made me mad :mad:
17: Braxton - Nice to see you, fun friendlies.
17: Mr. E - Good seeing you coming to tournaments again, ROB's reign will come eventually lol.
17: Tactical - Good stuff, I actually had alot of confidence in the Lucario MU, back to the drawing board.
17: Katakiri - Your knowledge on pokemon shenanigans is too much.
25: Excel - Good seeing you
25: Clowsui - Good seeing you Chi.
25: Sil - Sucks we had to play in the bracket so early, we need to do better in pools lol.
25: Meta Flair - Keep coming to tournaments, fun seeing you again.
25: KassandraNova - We need to play 20 questions in the car, play teams with Kel against me and Y.b.M. lol.
25: Kreggins - Didn't see you, but this is a cool guy.

33: ShyGuy - Good falco, keep coming to tournaments.
33: Onaga - Fun times, drop mario.
41: Hael Phael - Good seeing you, see you at brawl in the hall maybe.
41: Slaw - Good fox, but Fox/ROB MU is bad for fox.
41: Juu - good seeing you, get columbus to travel more.

AND

Q and AZ - I <3 you guys.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Did anyone see that creepy "robot" by the vending machines? o_O it was so creepy XD

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
1: Shugo - Gg's in pools! Your Falco is ****. Gotta learn the mu.

2: Lain - We gotta plan stuff out in advance and stick to it. People depend on us being on time/were willing to stay up and house us. (Partly my fault for bad driving and parents) But everything worked out alright. lol It was fun chilling with you again, and congrats on 2nd. Hopefully we'll be able to Smash a little bit before you go to APEX. :D

3: Kel - Thanks for telling me about this! I've been wanting to come down here for awhile and I can say it was a fun experience.

4: Infern Angelis - We gotta play next time. D:

5: Joey
5: Fizzle /
7: Y.b.M. /

7: Bowyer - I heard you were pretty good in the day. Congrats on the placing after coming back recently.

9: King Beef - Man, your Peach is so legit. It was awesome getting to play you outside of Wifi. Gotta learn that matchup.

9: Blue Rogue
9: Mister Eric

9: Hilt - Great Olimar, dude. I had to air camp so much. lmao And thanks for teaching my friend a few things about him.

13: Dark Louis - Scrub.

13: Tako - Glad we got to play a serious set where you didn't forfeit game 1 and had to play game 2 short of breath lol Your ROB has gotten better since last time. Get that dolla back next time. :p

13: Today - Thanks for running this! You're robably one of the nicest Smashers out there. Thanks, thanks, THANKS for dealing with MI's indecision the night before and still being willing to house us. It was getting late, so I wasn't gonna keep you up, waiting for us to get there.

13: Sai

17: Steel Samurai - Too close. You honestly had me mad nervous in the 1st game in the bracket.

17: Luminoth - Really good Wolf. It was fun doing friendlies with you. You're more patient than I am, while I'm more technical and aggressive. Your style is legit.

17: Joshkip
17: Crash
17: Braxton

17: Mr. E - Hey, you came out to this! Reppin' NW Ohio! You should come up to Toledo sometime. You'd do really good among the locals here.

17: Tactivsl
17: Katakiri

25: Excel -Thanks for being a great teammate and your Sonic is legit. Didn't know the matchup in game 1 of pools. My Wolf does alot better against him. </3

25: Clowsui - Thanks for the Falco exp. It's a matchup I'm definitely weak against. I think you're better than 25th place.

25: Darrel /
25: Sil
25: Meta Flair

25: Amadeus - Good to see you learned alot today and that you're interested in the scene! Yeah, there are better guys than Coca and I out there for now. This game is pretty deep and that's what alot of people ignore.

25: KassandraNova - I am NOT a wifi Snake. D: Haha, fun games. We'll try to get a non-laggy TV next time. Our pool just got effed over as far as that goes.

25: Kreggins

----
Pools Cut Off:
33: TheComposer
33: ShyGuy
33: Fall Out Rainbow
33: Gas
33: Onaga
33: TGSM
33: Slim

33: Baby - Nice Pit and gg's in pools. Your arrow game looks good. Just mix up the timing a little bit or they're easy to powershield. Also, don't always attack when doing a getup. You'll get techchased to death.

41: Hael Phael - Fun friendlies. Chaingrab *****. </3

41: Slaw
41: Stephanie
41: Annet
41: Squid
41: Sief
41: Juu

41: Janine - Fun games in pools. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. :D

49: Auspher - Fun Wolf dittos, man. :D Hopefully you learned some new techs. And not playing for 2 weeks before a tournament will definitely affect you. You got this next time.

49: P
49: Chris
49: Delta
49: Rikku
49: Level 9 Snake

e__

Smash Ace
I stayed in the background mostly for this tournament, I would have entered but I wanted to have a steady Brawl session first, and work kind of interfered. It was fun seeing all the cincy people again, God Kais, Clowsui, Tako, and also Crash and Hilt and the rest of Kentucky.

Sil and Lain, thanks for playing melee on the set up with me a little. Lain your falcon is so much fun to watch =D.

I want to play smash with some local people sometime, brawl or melee, call me/message me on facebook whenever you guys get together again.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I stayed in the background mostly for this tournament, I would have entered but I wanted to have a steady Brawl session first, and work kind of interfered. It was fun seeing all the cincy people again, God Kais, Clowsui, Tako, and also Crash and Hilt and the rest of Kentucky.

Sil and Lain, thanks for playing melee on the set up with me a little. Lain your falcon is so much fun to watch =D.

I want to play smash with some local people sometime, brawl or melee, call me/message me on facebook whenever you guys get together again.
*ahem*
Cylons are not welcome here.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Alright not going to make shoutouts for everyone important ones need to happen though,

1. Shugo-Good **** in our MM and thanks for the falco friendlies they helped me out some
4. Infern-Good **** in pools, I'll get ya next time and that Ike is going down!
5. Joey-You lie to me about my skill so much lol but I love ya anyway
9. Blue Rogue-I always have tons of fun playing you, It is also because of you that I'm 100% against ledge grab limits now.
9. Mister Eric-Way to beep Morehead you motha-beepin' beast, Good **** beating infern and steel you da bess
9. Hilt-Your pika can never surpass mine (maniacal laugh)
13. Dark Louis-dude I had a lot of fun playing you
13. Today-Good **** Day! that was a great tourney and I had fun in pools
17. Crash-I get better every time I play you
25. Clowsui-I know you are just scared it's ok to admit it I know I'm legit dude!
33. The Composer- I didn't give you the set you deserved in pools I promise next time it will be better
41. Hael Phael-Stop going Marth you idiot
49. Auspher-You are a good wolf man you kept those games close even with my broken *** chaingrabs

Edit:Anyone see my Plusle?

-Annet211-

Smash Rookie
Here is my shout out. I didn't really know everyone's name so I couldn't do a shout out for everyone I talked to.... Sorry.... But to everyone I forgot to mention, It was nice speaking to you all and I had a great time!

Infern Angelis- It was nice meeting you! Hope to see you at some other tourneys!

Joey- It was fun talking about PMD!

Y.b.M.- Glad I finally got to talk to you and play you in a match!

Fizzle- It was nice meeting you.

Mister Eric- Your "trying" to play kendama was the funniest thing ever!!!! lol. Hope to see you again!

Hilt- um.... yeah.... um, Thanks for taking me to the tourney???

Today- SO glad I got to see you again!!!!! We have to hang out sometime, somehow.

Joshkip- You never did spike the kendama :p

Crash- Wish I had played you in a match! Maybe next time...

KassandraNova- I wish we had talked more. It was nice seeing you again.

Delta- It was very nice meeting you. I enjoyed our match! It was very fun!

Gas- Our match was very close! I had fun! We have to play again someday.

Level 9 Snake- I hear you won the first game of a match game!!! Getting better every tourney... not really...

Kreggins- I really enjoyed our match!!! It was so close and extremely intense!! That was one of the most fun matches I have ever played!!! We have to play again next time!

Here is a link to most of the pictures I took- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1592242358&v=photos#!/album.php?aid=2061318&id=1592242358
I should be making a video sometime.

Top Bottom