• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 6: Road to Apex! Results Thread! BRACKETS UP! :D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
not I, said the pig.

I didn't even know 12 = bad until the program said it was bad. But my laptop was used to set up pools and such, which at the time I thought hey maybe I could help, but it seemed like Day had it fine until later in the evening.

Maybe this is why at all my events at SiiS they've been structured kinda weird. I dunno if we've ever had a correct distribution of pools.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Don't forget Day, Krystedez, and other Assist TOs. IT'S OK TO ASK FOR HELP FROM OTHER TOS!!!!!!!!
='/ Actually, the 12 pool ideas from 4 people making it out was from Tech_Chase. Who is a good TO. He had suggested the idea and said it would work, I was a bit reluctant about it but he insisted that it would be all right so I went for it. I did ask for advice, and Tech is a great TO but maybe I should have thought it over more with him and figured things out better. Not blaming this on Tech, but I'm just letting you know I did get advice from other TOs and this was the advice I gotten to work with. I think it was an honest mistake and mostly my mistake for not being more stern about it when I was a bit iffy with the idea in the first place. For this I apologize.
Just in the end, some 2nd seeds ending up getting a bye and yeah OS ended up being the other bye but was still counted as a 2nd seed just like WTP said (he hit the nail pretty much). And YbM getting a third seed didn't help. I think enjoying yourself in pools is all right, but sandbagging sometimes messes things up and it really makes it harder to work with.

@Ripple, I don't think Oreo was easy? Obviously me and Saeed wouldn't be on the same side of the bracket since we play often + teamed. Oreo and you are equal just about and live together. Which is also why he was on the other side of the bracket (with me) and not with you. Also keep in mind the only person I know is legit at the game is Coney. Unless you have tons of other results to back this up from previous decent size tournaments on how well you all have done: Oreo's placings, Saeed's placings, your placings, etc. I would appreciate that.

@MJG, Whaaaa? Was this the one at AL? Doesn't look like the cabinet? This game always get so much hyped.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
='/ Actually, the 12 pool ideas from 4 people making it out was from Tech_Chase. Who is a good TO. He had suggested the idea and said it would work, I was a bit reluctant about it but he insisted that it would be all right so I went for it. I did ask for advice, and Tech is a great TO but maybe I should have thought it over more with him and figured things out better. Not blaming this on Tech, but I'm just letting you know I did get advice from other TOs and this was the advice I gotten to work with. I think it was an honest mistake and mostly my mistake for not being more stern about it when I was a bit iffy with the idea in the first place. For this I apologize.
Just in the end, some 2nd seeds ending up getting a bye and yeah OS ended up being the other bye but was still counted as a 2nd seed just like WTP said (he hit the nail pretty much). And YbM getting a third seed didn't help. I think enjoying yourself in pools is all right, but sandbagging sometimes messes things up and it really makes it harder to work with.

1000Kewls.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I do take some "blame" for 12 pools, TOTALLY overlooked how bracket would come out as a result. I mean I knew it would be manageable but we probably should have just done 32 man anyway and made things more difficult like a regional was supposed to be. Then again I also wasn't there to make bracket and explain how that should have worked (optimally) but it's done now.

Why didn't we hit up AZ....lol I just now realized that was an option.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I don't think you need to take the blame or anything like that. We live and learn. Again, I should have mostly been more stern and when in doubt I should have asked even other TOs instead of just relying on one (which I hope I didn't ask too much from you, Tech).

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Daycia, manipulating bracket at a regional because someone who is good didn't feel like trying and someone had to play someone they always play.

****ing deal with it people. you don't try? live with the consequences. play someone for like the 50th time? beat them already.

and sorry daycia but that brawl minus bracket was ****ing stacked. me, coney, Sai, AND hadesblade on the same side? who was on yours? glyph? not even close to our level
I am not sure if you're saying I'm not even close to you guys level or that I was the only one on that side close to that level.

I am either outraged or flattered.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You do know that Fizzle's been the winner of most of the recent B- tournaments around right?

I played Fizzle ROUND ONE. And I feel particularly slept on.

:phone:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
To be clear, I'm not saying the bracket was good or even saying I know **** about how the bracket should have been set up (since you know, I'm from VA and have all of no knowledge of who is expected to get what).

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Fizzle and glyph being on the other side imo made the bracket fair imo. I also made it pretty clear I'm not a threat in minus until yoshi gets not terrible enough for me to use him.

Coney ripple sai on one side vs fizzle day and glyph sounds like fine seeding to me. Possibly slightly biased in giving herself a bye round one, but I don't think the sides of the bracket was a problem at all. It's also not like there's a big power ranking for minus or anything of the sort. There's literally no way to know who is a legitimate threat in minus.

I'm still really surprised you actually mentioned me for minus. I've literally been broadcasting how bad I am at it since yoshi got nerfed. If I didn't find jiggz and she wasn't ridiculously easy to play/learn, I probably would of placed much much worse.

Random suggestion, but perhaps with low turnouts in minus we should just round robin it. It would have been feasible with the amount of entrants we had and would have avoided a lot of pointless drama.

Also I see you lurking stocky :p

Coney

Smash Master
fizzle was on our side though, i had to play him second round

and 15-person round robin sounds long and difficult, tourney was fine...i kinda agree with ripple though, myself and sai proved ourselves with our doubles placings to be two legitimate threats, and apparently everyone knew ripple and fizzle were legit, having all four of us on one side does seem kinda silly

hadesblade

Smash Lord
oh

i thought fizzle was on the other side LOL.

Yeah bracket was kinda messed up I guess. Wait there were 15 entrants and day got the 1 bye? O_o

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yo coney, we're taming next time in minus. wrecking people even harder than you and tKbro did

as soon as they nerf luigi

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You know people haven't trained in Minus when Luigi gets first, so much hate
you have no idea how broken luigi is. d-throw, up smash, up-air, up-air, up-air, up-b. Kills every single character in the game like 70% of the time

up-b does 25% sweet spot. which means that the KB is increased dramatically. sour spot does 17%!!!! god damn

luigi can only be stopped by probably Metal mario.

Coney

Smash Master
oh

i thought fizzle was on the other side LOL.

Yeah bracket was kinda messed up I guess. Wait there were 15 entrants and day got the 1 bye? O_o
me and day got the byes, then when another person entered she gave me the one bye and played the person, pulse

i'm telling you, minus isn't a good game for tourneys, there's too much salt and anger. ima just keep playing luigi and being annoying and frustrating until people realize this

in md/va i get like third in minus because other people do exactly what i do with different characters, just easy-peasy 0-deaths with broken characters

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm saying..you guys shouldve seen squirtle in 1.0

dtilt->dair

zero death to atleast half of the cast.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I still liked Sheik in Minus before she was actually changed for Minus.

Coney

Smash Master
holy ****ing **** i would've given my firstborn to be on logic's side of the bracket

sjmiuovcejmaoigjioiewojgh4reioejsaguiorewdhjnwguierwhnqujghuyiewjrk

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That's not what happened at all, but that entire incident is behind me (and has been behind me since game 2 of that set) so w/e. As long as you guys have a rule in place for equipment malfunction the next time around (hint hint you didn't last time, and if you did you guys weren't really keen on telling me what it is because I only asked for it 100 times), I don't really care.

the important thing is that you're trying to convey that it's important for TOs to follow the ruleset they decided upon and not to "appeal to the crowd" with decisions, and I can 100% agree with that

shoutouts to overswarm for getting me a book
To be fair I didn't make the rule set and I wasn't supposed to be moderating matches. I was dragged from the melee stream setup(Which I was running) and was told I was being looked for. As soon as I saw the situation I came to an immediate decision based on what I thought the rule set was. I thought the Apex rule sets had a rule based on equipment malfunction. If I was wrong, then my bad. I really shouldn't have been the one that was called on anyways, lol. I still think I made the right decision by telling you guys to restart the match

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I still think I made the right decision by telling you guys to restart the match
That's not what you did!

I already said it's behind me so just drop it and leave it at that. There's no reason for me to put you guys on blast for a botched decision that I don't care about.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yo, I know I haven't been in here at all... But I'll have the God Kai Challenge results up...once I here back from a certain someone. But I want all of you to go here and Subscribe to my channel... It's going to be hilarious www.youtube.com/YbMsWorld

DO IT!!! Nothing has been uploaded yet... I'm waiting on more peeps to Subscribe...soooo Do it!!

Top Bottom