• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS presents: Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
the SoVA Department of Sanitation presents:
Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM

a hopeful start to some SoVA bi-weeklies!

DATE CHANGEDDD!!!!!!​

Sunday, Aug 1st.

THINGS WE NEED!!​
ok so we need a few things to get together before the tourney on sunday

4 component cables
6 copies of brawl
2 standard tvs
2 wiis
a power strip
sd card with unlock stuff (we got that)

im going to be bringing my wii, brawl, and a tv. im sure slash will be bringing the same ;D
mashi said he could probably get 3 components cables, and i might be able to borrow one.
copies of brawl seem to be what we need the most.

also, if we can get singles done in a timely fashion (like by 5-6), we can do DOUBLES! so lets get our **** straight and get those matches done!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

facebook :link:

yoooooohhh, so while i was in the midst of trying to figure out a way to start up some bi-weeklies, Mashi got up with me about a place he said was interested in hosting some. he worked everything

all we have to do if have at least 15 people show to impress the owners and show them that were real.

the only bummer is that the store has 4 hd's but is allowing 2 setups to be brought in. hopefully someone will provide 2 standard tvs.

but HEY! the venue fee is only $3! if this works out well, we can start up these bi-weeklies! so lets get out **** together!

LEZGOYO!

What?
a brawl singles tourney hosted by SDS!

1400 Kempsville Rd Suite 132
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone (757) 819-7913

When?

Sunday Aug. 1st.
Registration 2PM
Tourney Starts at 3PM
Closes when tourney is complete

Set-ups
so seeing can only bring in 2 tvs, well be able to handle that. well need people to bring wiis and games. also, seeing tower of games has 4 hds, component cables might be a good idea too.

Fees

$8 Per Person
$3 from each person will go to the store
$5 from each person will go to the pot (we do as we wish with the % and splits)

Payout
60/30/10

Rules

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen using the stage strike method.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

o Lylat Cruise
o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Jungle Japes

-Stock sharing allowed
-Team attack on

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Attendance list

omgh4x
d3son!
Kokim
Slash
zo
titan
reimu
ghad
Rubberbandman
ch!nk
duballdee
Famous
dobee
stein
Pitzr
Ron
brandon
tyler
kiln
DMUG
SK (trololololo)

H4X's cell: 757-636-8237
call me with questions and stuff

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
my goal for this tourney: wreck pitzers life

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
thats youre new sig rbm lol

ya pitzer thats exactly what i mean

D0N

Smash Ace
Kiln is going.
Hikuson may go but hasn't gotten back to me yet.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
yeeeaaaahhh mashi, its been a min. man.
but i kinda wanna practice, ill get my phone back wednesday so someone hit me up then

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Its the day after the tournament im hosting. i wanted to come to this as well :/

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
roflx. as long as you got tournies. that's all that matters. we just started up again hoping it will go and stay smooth.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
don't we all? lolx. you needa come down for a random team tourney and team up again.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
doom says please change the date to august 1st. the owner said he already scheduled a bday party for some nerd.

D0N

Smash Ace
No not going to Apex. AUS isn't going anymore so I never registered.

Top Bottom