• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS presents: Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Can host something Saturday. Need TVs though. Saturday or Sunday, just need TVs and probably some chairs if it's more than 10 ppl.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Can host something Saturday. Need TVs though. Saturday or Sunday, just need TVs and probably some chairs if it's more than 10 ppl.
Awesome what area of SoVA are you located again? (Example: Myself=va beach- holland and ****eck/courthouse)

I can pretty much always bring a full setup: TV+Wii

EDIT: It F***in bleeped D@mneck

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Putting final touches on being able to have people over for Brawl/B+/B-/BB/etc and maybe Melee (maybe) on Saturday, it'll happen, just running it by roommates.

Also since I just saw you posted right before me, it's pretty impossible to get lost coming to my place. Get on Providence, if you're coming from Military Hwy from Norfolk turn right, if you're coming from Greenbrier turn left. Pass the traffic light at the 7-11, turn right at the next traffic light (Rokeby). Drive on Rokeby around the bend, after the church there's 3-4 streets before mine (can't remember in my head). Turn right on Hawthorne, second house on the right (1530). Alternatively you can come straight down Indian River from 64, and turn left on Hawthorne (after Sparrow Road, and then it's a street before the street at the 7-11 on the left).

But still waiting to make sure it's cool with roommates before I put a definite "This is happening" sticker on Saturday. I'll actually put a map and directions up then.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Genosync's Smashfesta #1: UR OPN

As everyone might know from the last time I showed my face, me playing Ike seriously is a thing of the past, but I still find the nonsense entertaining... And for those of you that don't get it, "UR OPN" is what Ike says when he uses Counter... you know... you're... open... yeah...

Date: 7/24/2010
Time: 1:00 PM - ???? (until everyone leaves, or 3 AM at the absolute latest...)
What: Brawl, B+, B-, and maybe Balanced Brawl but I doubt anyone cares about that anymore... Melee is a possibility but pends on # of people and room to move around

Drinks/Food:
I'll have some sodas around, but not enough for everyone--bring a couple 2 liters or whatever.
If you want snacks, bring your own snacks. There's like two 7-11s pretty close too, and a Food Lion right down the road.
Dinner, we can either do the easy order in pizza, or there's local fast food places around if that's your thing. Every single fast food restuarant you would want is within 1 mile, with the exception being Hardee's barely more than a mile away.
Regarding alcohol: I'm not too cool with allowing it, as I don't know how many of you are under 21/parents would be mad if you are younger and would be around people drinking. Just keep in mind that this house has people that are around my age (25) in it. We'll discuss it when people are there and make a run to Food Lion if we have to, so don't bring anything assuming you'll get to drink.

Stuff that we need to make this work:
2-3 more TVs (I will have two that I can use, maybe more if roommates go out for the day)
Wiis & Brawl (I can quickly and safely softmod your Wii to use homebrew channel/code loaders if you don't have it already and want it too)
Component cables (if you have them, in case someone brings an HD TV... I have some but one of the two TVs mentioned is HD and massive)
People.

I probably can't have more than 12 or so people fit in the place and be comfortable/have a good time. We could do more but problems would be finding places to sit and actually do anything. If you're interested in coming, post in here, in the SDS thread, or hit up my cell phone @ 757-535-1692... or AIM at Genosync but one of the other three options is probably best.

Directions to Geno's (1530 Hawthorne Dr., Chesapeake, VA 23325):
From I64 and Indian River Rd: Directions Link
From somewhere randomly picked on Greenbrier Pwky: Directions Link

Park: On the street or in the grass in front of the house. Try to not block people in unless they're with us--there's a few of us that live in this house, don't want to be a bother to them.

Why is this #1? Because there's probably going to be a #2, #3, #4...

Showin' up:
Genosync
SlashTalon (1-2 TVs, thanks)
Mashi
zo
Doom
Pitzer
Cura/SK/whateverYouCallYourselfNow
Rubberbandman
OMGH4X (afternoonish)

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Someone's gotta be able to hook you up with a ride. I would but I'll of course already have people over.

Someone hook Famous up! Come on...

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I'm possible to go, just don't know if I'll have a ride, or if I can just take my dad's truck. (He hates me taking his truck. -.-)

I could lie, but that would be bad.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
Sk isnt coming!

ill try to come out for a bit that afternoon, got a show later that night

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, had a feeling this would happen...

Looks like I definately wont be coming now...Slash isnt going to drive down here, which is understandable...

D0N

Smash Ace
Mannnn... The one time I want to do teams, there are no teams... :mad:

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ya im gunna be teaming with mashi at sks tourney

Meira

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meiraz
3DS FC
1762-3961-1329
Hopefully I'll be able to show up. I'm a mega rookie when it comes to tournaments as I have only been in one. :s

also, Hi. :D

D0N

Smash Ace
Hey Meira, hope you can make it out. i'll be cheering for ya to make some upsets rookie :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lolx. i'm pretty sure doubles can happen if singles go smooth and as always nobody plays their friendlies/mm during tournies. also slash! tomorrow we gotta go see the manager! you down? lolx. cause i'll be busy thursday. friday seems too last notice to me. up to you though.

D0N

Smash Ace
I didn't get any PM's. Send something and i'll keep ckecking tho

Top Bottom