• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik's New AT (HYPEEEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I should of done this for my desynch haha.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
K.. here are some things I have put together.

#1 Its good with heavies.
Why? I believe it has to deal with their momentum.

#2 it seems to be a glitch with their air attacks.
Seirbik was talking about how Fair may not work for Peach.

#3 it has to deal with movement
there was talk about approaches and check mates.

If this turns out to be like the AT I posted a while back Ima be pissed! (Mainly cuz there was something there that I over looked.)

I talked about jumping and buffering an airial so you cancel into the stage. I also mentioned that airials might have momentum on their first frames.

I believe it is a wavedash. Just my personal opinion.

:EDIT:
(this is not the AT so no flame plz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQrpbVIoYrw - my attempts at a moon walk/dope walk/what ever the kids are calling it these days

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Because you people don't exploit it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
True fact (that's useless)

Some characters (Snake) can dash attack the ledge, immediately use a special (maybe an attack, I haven't tested) and they will slide off the ledge.

That's not this, but I thought I'd mention that because it's funny.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
SuSa's on the right track.

Uh-oh! Buffering stuff too!

Since when does dash attacking the ledge typically work that offstage aerials don't? Maybe I'm thinking of wrong applications.

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
I doubt it has anything to do with a dash attack and a ledge, but I jokingly suggested that dash attacking the into the edge of a stage when a character is hanging there (not from the stage, from another platform or something). It's highly situation, maybe impossible, and could do something weird or nothing at all. All their dash attacks appear to take them off of the ground for at least one frame, maybe it causes a footstool? Then again this has nothing to do with shields breaking or grabs... rambling at this point.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The opponent has to be onstage, if that's what you're getting at.

Browny

Smash Hater
i hope it has something to do with dthrow -> taunt. like ganon shoves his sword into them, snake puts the enemy in the box, and DDD... well he can just continue to do his dthrow-crouch like he always could :p

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
If it isn't an approach, or strictly a movement, it has to be somewhere in between, so I'm assuming some positioning of the opponent has to be involved in whatever this is. Also the he hinted at it being situational, that means a certain character or a certain thing a player does will enable it to be triggered. Unless it's stage-affected.

Hype

Smash Lord
I think Sasukebowser is right.

It's probably that thing where you Dash attack someone who is sheilding near the ledge then you slide off of the stage and can do another attack instantly. One might call this Dash attack shield cancel for that DASC thing. Also Ganon's 0-death would be Dash attack Cancelled by the ledge to Dair.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ding ding ding ding ding!

Hype is the winner!

Coney

Smash Master
i'm guessing DDD has dash attack>bair stage spike?

that'd be neat, and good thinking by hype, but i'm still not seeing the shield break mentioned...maybe i'm not thinking outside the box.

also, auto-sweetspot would probably ruin it, unless the technique is really that impressive

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Jiggz DACUS on someone who's shielding at the edge -> "fall" off -> Rest.

Edit: Sorta-kinda hope it's not what I'm talking about. =/
It would be nice to see some new stuff. I've known about this thing for months. ~_~

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
This has nothing to do with the clues either, where do heavy slower characters do well with a tech that works for most all characters, and gives checkmates, instant edgeguards, and broken shields?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This has nothing to do with the clues either, where do heavy slower characters do well with a tech that works for most all characters, and gives checkmates, instant edgeguards, and broken shields?
Heavy characters usually have slow dash attacks = the lag is taken away.
It does work with most characters.
"Instant edge guards" = Imagine and MK doing a dash attach and then a Dair on you. Now you're going to get edge guarded. It doesn't just work with MK like that, but he's pretty much the easiest example.
Broken shields, idk. If they don't fall off due to them being too far away from the edge you could get a free aerial. This is enough to take away a lot of a character's shield.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I thought Susa just found something like that but with a grab release on the edge >_>

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Heavy characters usually have slow dash attacks = the lag is taken away.
It does work with most characters.
"Instant edge guards" = Imagine and MK doing a dash attach and then a Dair on you. Now you're going to get edge guarded. It doesn't just work with MK like that, but he's pretty much the easiest example.
Broken shields, idk. If they don't fall off due to them being too far away from the edge you could get a free aerial. This is enough to take away a lot of a character's shield.
come on my dude, don't ruin it for seibrik, even if it is know that big of a deal =/

Yeah, you're forgetting something.

NONE OF THIS **** IS GUARANTEED OFF THE LEDGE
no it really is if the opponent is situated a certain way

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Except Snake won't be able to break Shield's with what you guys are talking about.

gg.

@Zeld
Grab release depends on opponent, I need to do testing. I think every character can do it (including Peach).

@Salty
For a time, you are unable to do anything due to some weird freefall animation (you are stuck in it for x frames if you were pushed off while shielding) therefore some things WOULD be guarenteed. (AFAIK)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Isn't this a variation of that Pika thunder thing done in doubles?

*Test's with Falco* (I'm sure he has a stupid gimp with this, if I am imagining this correctly)

Kishin

Smash Ace
Maybe it's something to do with trying to foot stool a shielding opponent? If you do that then you still get the foot stool boost mid-air like infinite jumps but the height gets smaller and smaller like a normal footstool. Possibly related to the opponent angling their shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom