• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik's New AT (HYPEEEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Considering how those tumble frames don't even last long enough for a fall from a BF platform to the ground, it's not enough for any of the stuff you people have been talking about.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*sigh* It DOES guarantee things. Test it yourself.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Except Snake won't be able to break Shield's with what you guys are talking about.

gg.
You can if their shield is depleted enough, say you baited something, then did the thing followed by a thing that I can't say :laugh: idk where the mine came in though :confused:

@Salty
For a time, you are unable to do anything due to some weird freefall animation (you are stuck in it for x frames if you were pushed off while shielding) therefore some things WOULD be guarenteed. (AFAIK)
I believe its similar to the midair footstool mechanic, when you're in that sort of immobile spinning state, and without giving to much away, I KNOW that there are follow ups guarenteed. DLA and myself just did some testing for about 45 minutes and yeah its legit.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Dash attack -> footstool jump. No Dair.
I don't mean to ruin it for seibrik, but making big threads about it before it's even announced and making such a big deal out if it is =/.

Hype

Smash Lord
I've seen Falco do a DACUS to someone's shield > cancelled off the ledge > Bair. This DESTROYS shield. It's a dash attack then an Usmash then a Bair before they can let go of shield.

Edit: when you do the Dash attack thign off teh ledge your opponent can stay on teh stage.

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
Dash attack to footstool jump is unlikely, because it wouldn't work for characters with completely grounded dash attacks, or possibly even those that get some air (like snake) with their dash attacks. It would just damage instead of being able to jump afterward, during or before the attack.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Dash attack -> footstool jump. No Dair.
I don't mean to ruin it for seibrik, but making big threads about it before it's even announced and making such a big deal out if it is =/.
DA to footstool jump is certainly possible, but it's hardly news or important, either. Being footstooled right by the ledge only means anything if you're playing a character with **** recovery, like Link or Ganon, and even then they can still get up pretty easily.

Hype

Smash Lord
OK this is how the broken shield part works.

Sometimes when you do this dash attack/Usmash off teh ledge your opponent will stay on the stage. you can do Dash attack/Usmash to an instant Bair or something. Which can really mess up a shield.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
After watching the Ganon boards compilation video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc9bps1ch0
I noticed at 5:41, Koskinator, as Ganondorf playing Snake on Norfair, when standing at the edge of one of the dropthrough platforms, whilst Snake is shielding, Ganon Ftilts the shield, then (probably due to buffering) instantly Fairs, hitting the snake. This might have something to do with it, as Snake and DDD could theoretically Ftilt to Uair after being knocked off to produce similar results (maybe jumping before the Uair). I don't believe that characters like GW could do this, do to hitboxes being in unpreffered places or too laggy. Just throwing this out there, although it probably isn't it, it still could be quite interesting to see what could be done with this.

Also, 2:14 to 2:34 is win, despite the fact I main Bowser.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I wasted 10 minutes on this topic thinking it would be something worthwhile -_-

*goes away depressed*
well people got mad hyped so anything short of groundbreaking is bound to disappoint.. anyway if this is the AT people have been psyched about then sounds nice.. still waiting for confirmation and a video. :bee:

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
Going nowhere with the current ideas, but let's get back to the jab lock animation and dthrows/side-b. They all put them on the ground on their back, which you can then start jab locking them... there must be some sort of thing you can do during the jab lock frames to immobilize your opponent for a while, and I don't think it's any sort of long combo.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
So now we have to find out what moves can force this, unless only Dash attack works on ledges. Or on platform some characters with absurd tilts.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wait....

WHAT?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC