• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Is there any way that you guys can make the site automatically go to the mobile skin when I am on my kindle, like it already does for an iPod touch? That would really be useful.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is there any way that you guys can make the site automatically go to the mobile skin when I am on my kindle, like it already does for an iPod touch? That would really be useful.
Isn't it on by default?

User CP > Edit Options > Smash Boards Mobile (Bottom of the page.) (Configure your mobile browsing preferences here. If you would like to disable the mobile-enhanced style, check the box below.) [ ]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Can this site tone down the word filters? I understand keeping it pg-13 or w/e the target age is, but filtering words that aren't swears but are common swear typos is too much. It is getting to the point where it is filtering out words that are perfectly acceptable and making standard communication difficult. For example, if I wanted to talk about an anime character whose name is spelled f-u-k-o, I would be unable to mention her name ***o as the first 3 letters are censored.

I am not against the word filter on inappropriate words, but it is going too far to censor words like this. There will always be work around ways to spell the words, which is why there are moderators to give out infractions. To censor words that are not words at all simply gets in the way of people who are trying to carry legitimate conversation. A filter dodger can change their word to a different form, but the person who is making no fault can't.

edit- i might as well give some examples of easy filter work arounds:

There are dozens and dozens of these, and the more you try to stop these work arounds the more you are going to hurt legitimate conversion.

So please, can you go back to censoring the words themselves and using moderators to punish those who abuse work arounds?
I agree with the above post. Censors are easy to dodge if you really want to curse, and that's what mods are there for. Censoring out pseuso-curses can prove annoying in examples such as the one above. If someone says "***" when they mean "****", they should be infracted, but that doesn't mean "***" should be censored.

That said, if you really want to reference that Anime character, Fuko, it's easy to get around the censor and you won't be infracted because you're not using those letters in the explicit sense.
Posting it here with the hopes that a more swift action can be taken.

Reposting for a new page. I hope this can be resolved.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reminds me of when I played Runescape years ago and they'd censor cocktail even though there were cocktails in the game.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. Orange Fever. Probably the best skin ever. And it actually looks better with the Fryday stuff taken out.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The bright yellow background is kinda ugly for the Fryday version.

Dunno why that got changed.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just thought of something.

For users that color their text, is there a possibility of adding a option on the User CP that acts like a signature (it's automatically in the post) but do it to the actual post.

I just ask so I could avoid having to click the color icon and the choosing my color. It only saves me, like, .05 seconds of clicking, but it would be cool. Plus, those users who like doing extra to their posts could find that useful too.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I just thought of something.

For users that color their text, is there a possibility of adding a option on the User CP that acts like a signature (it's automatically in the post) but do it to the actual post.

I just ask so I could avoid having to click the color icon and the choosing my color. It only saves me, like, .05 seconds of clicking, but it would be cool. Plus, those users who like doing extra to their posts could find that useful too.
Oh dear god no. That would encourage people to add signatures in their posts.

If something like this is added, then make it "Default text colour" or something, not freely written .code being added automatically to each post.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That where editing the Global Rules would come in handy - so no one does that.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I've been thinking about the whole "premium can't be fixed thing", and if that's the case, I believe we should just make it a public room rather than just let it die entirely.

Of course, the lax rules would have to go out the window, and something similar to the 4 Horsemen should probably be reinstated to prevent an explosion of spam.

Thoughts? I just don't want to see that room die.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It should be fixed eventually. Activity will just be slowish until it is.

I don't see how it CAN'T be fixed. There's no way it's unfixable.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I have been told that its something to do with Paypal itself, which our guys can't touch. So, unfixable.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I don't like the idea of the room dying, but I don't like the idea of it just becoming another pool room either.

It's kind of become a specific community back there.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I know that there are sites where you donate through a site that isn't Paypal, specifically because Paypal sort of sucks.

I can't say I'm a member of the DR community, but to me, the one draw to it is that it's so laid-back and... free. Take that way, and you have another Pool Room.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
A Chat room for matches would be nice, I hate to reload the page everytime in order to see if someone responded. Plus it makes things move a little faster :).

D

Deleted member

serious question: with the introduction of vibrant, are any other possible new skins out of the window? because I still would like the make classic red/green but if that's not going to be implemented I'm obv. not bothered putting effort into that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hello SmashBoards Staff,

I would really appreciate if you could add a Mexico section in the Regional Zones boards. Mexico isn't located in Central America, also, I guess I'm not the only Mexican smasher in all Smashboards. Check out my Tournament Organization in Cancun topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12481291#post12481291

I really want to increase Mexican Smashers traffic in this forum :p

Also, check the Mexico thread inside the Central America boards... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=61836&page=35

Mexico is part of North America guys! Please, do something :)
+1 This will help us to growth the Mexican community here.
I'd like to have Mexico listed too, but in order to achieve that, we need our scene to grow, and we need to have more mexican members participating.

I'll make a tournament in october roundabouts, I hope people gets interested into it.
Quoted from the Questions/Suggestions thread in the SIC.

Masky

Smash Master
The thread icons make on the Vibrant skin make it hard to tell where new posts are at a glance

They're both red. It'd be nice the checkbox was blue or green or something.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I could perhaps make the checked threads have a gray ring (like locked threads) instead of a red one, I'll look into that as I'm going over some other things on the icons. Thanks for the suggestion :)

NNID
Budget_Player
Stage Discussion should be moved to Competitive Brawl. If you're worried about the stage builder kiddies (who never go there anyways, btw.), just make an extra forum for Stage Builder/Casual stage discussion. Most of what happens in Stage Discussion is incredibly relevant for competitive brawl, either for building a ruleset or just collecting data (see also: T-Block's thread on lylat).

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a little curious why there needs to be both an "Announcements" and "Announcements Discussion."

It's a little redundant, especially when the announcements discussion thread is just a copy paste of the announcement thread. Why not just post the announcement and then let it work like any other thread?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The thread icons make on the Vibrant skin make it hard to tell where new posts are at a glance

They're both red. It'd be nice the checkbox was blue or green or something.
I could perhaps make the checked threads have a gray ring (like locked threads) instead of a red one
Implemented (might need to refresh).

Life

Smash Hero
Stage Discussion should be moved to Competitive Brawl. If you're worried about the stage builder kiddies (who never go there anyways, btw.), just make an extra forum for Stage Builder/Casual stage discussion. Most of what happens in Stage Discussion is incredibly relevant for competitive brawl, either for building a ruleset or just collecting data (see also: T-Block's thread on lylat).
Super-seconding this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
serious question: with the introduction of vibrant, are any other possible new skins out of the window? because I still would like the make classic red/green but if that's not going to be implemented I'm obv. not bothered putting effort into that.
Adding one new skin doesn't mean we cant add more. :)

I'm a little curious why there needs to be both an "Announcements" and "Announcements Discussion."

It's a little redundant, especially when the announcements discussion thread is just a copy paste of the announcement thread. Why not just post the announcement and then let it work like any other thread?
It was done so that way if people are discussing an older announcement it wouldn't block showing a new announcement on the homepage.

Of course now that the rooms have been changed, it makes it imposible to see there's a new announcement :/

D

Deleted member

since you have the announcement in the top box thingy anyway, I say throw out the announcement section. (top box would link to the dicussion version then but the whole thing is there anyway)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well remember that the top box stuff hasnt been implemented into other skins yet. If you make site functionality rely on it, you will break the site for people who don't use that skin (like myself)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
More or less how I feel about it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can we PLEASE get something where the option to show the ignored person's posts goes away? I swear to God ignoring someone doesn't actually work if there's an option to show that just tempts you to click it and it's starting to get extremely annoying >_>

Top Bottom