• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Peeze

Smash Master
Shadow would make a perfectly good character. However, as has already been said, there are only a few slots available for thrid party characters, and, if Sonic got in, I doubt they'd put a similar looking character from the same games in. If Sonic doesn't get in, there's no chance for Shadow. He may be recognizable by Sonic fans, but the whole gaming community knows Sonic.

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely. Sonic, on the other hand, has a good chance of getting in.
This makes the most sense out of everything that's been posted so far. I couldn't agree more.+rep.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You still sucks!!!

I also thought of a good ending to the next trailer.

Once the actual trailer is done they go to do that thing like with Fox and Snake but you hear Endless Challenge. Captain Falcon and Goroh are racing each other. Split screen to their faces grimacing. Then EC gets interupted for a Sonic theme and a blue blur goes by sending their cars off the road. They jump out and they show a couple of seconds of Falcon, Goroh and Sonic fighting.

It wouldn't neccessarily be a great ending but I'm biased as I want those three in Brawl.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
You still sucks!!!

I also thought of a good ending to the next trailer.

Once the actual trailer is done they go to do that thing like with Fox and Snake but you hear Endless Challenge. Captain Falcon and Goroh are racing each other. Split screen to their faces grimacing. Then EC gets interupted for a Sonic theme and a blue blur goes by sending their cars off the road. They jump out and they show a couple of seconds of Falcon, Goroh and Sonic fighting.

It wouldn't neccessarily be a great ending but I'm biased as I want those three in Brawl.
Dun you know that C. Falcon's getting cut? :chuckle: j/k
Sorry, but I just find that whole "Bad news Captain Falcon fans..." thread hilarious. At any rate, I like your idea for a trailer.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that would be pretty sic. I do hope they are not cutting C. Falcon though.
And...I think this thread is getting off topic IMO...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, that would be pretty sic. I do hope they are not cutting C. Falcon though.
And...I think this thread is getting off topic IMO...
Don't worry, he's not. I just posted that to poke fun at the "No C. Falcon in SSBB" crowd. Also, as far as getting off-topic, it kinda comes with the territory with threads with over 500 posts as most everything to say has pretty much been said already.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Too true. I still hope that if Sonic is in Brawl, they at least give him a Shadow skin costume...and a Silver skin costume. That would be cool.

Peeze

Smash Master
Dun you know that C. Falcon's getting cut? :chuckle: j/k
Sorry, but I just find that whole "Bad news Captain Falcon fans..." thread hilarious. At any rate, I like your idea for a trailer.
Oh Jesus Christ you scared me to death. C.F. is the best character in the game. I learned how to play SSB with C.Falcon.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Im with you Peeze. I played C.F. in SS64 as my second. I learned most of my stuff through him too. Anyway, it's good to hear people support the shadow skin idea instead of saying that it would make Sonic look emo.

Peeze

Smash Master
The only thing with making him an alternate costume is that Sonic's abilities should change with the costume. Like if Dr. Mario ended up as just a costume for Mario, then Mario should get the pills when he gets the costume. You dig?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that'd be cool. So instead of running he'd skate and his special attack should change as well. Like Chaos Control or something. With a Silver costume he should float instead of run. But they would have to give him the same traction as Sonic and they would have to keep the same attacks just give it a different look.
...interesting.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...no...and I really don't want to.
...brrr.

I think it might be possible to give shadow his own voice. But I was thinking...would't this be also sneaking clones into the game. There aren't supposed to be any clones in the game but this whole Sonic/Shadow thing may just be. IMO. Anyway I really don't care about clones as long as they aren't considered seperate characters and doesn't take up space for new characters with different movesets.

Peeze

Smash Master
Sakurai and the development team never said anything about cutting clones, we assumed they would. Even though its highely unlikely, for all we know Pichu could still be in brawl.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
The only thing with making him an alternate costume is that Sonic's abilities should change with the costume. Like if Dr. Mario ended up as just a costume for Mario, then Mario should get the pills when he gets the costume. You dig?
I dunno, seems like a cheap way to fit two characters into one, still a great deal of programming....what moves would you want him to have?

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah it does sound cheap, but then it would make all the people that main clones happy.
I don't know, i guess cnage some of his aerials, smashes, definetly his super, his dash attack, and he should be wearing skates not shoes, and should be heavier than sonic, and fall faster.(Maybe too much?)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
A:punch
AA Punch Punch
AAA Punch Punch Backflip Kick
Utilt Mule Kick (Like stand on hands and kick into the air)
Dtilt Legsweep
Ftilt Somersault
UpSmash Headbutt
FSmash Dunno
DSmash That breakdance thing he does in Sonic Next-Gen
Uair Backflip
Fair Aerial Sonic Spin
Dair Some sort of spike move
Bair..... Dunno
B Blue Tornado
ForwardB Sonic Wind
DownB Bouncy Ball
UpB Homing Attack (Charge like Foxes but you have to choose a direction quicker)

Now make him fast and give him low amounts of lag. Or something. This was off the top off my head.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yeah it does sound cheap, but then it would make all the people that main clones happy.
I don't know, i guess cnage some of his aerials, smashes, definetly his super, his dash attack, and he should be wearing skates not shoes, and should be heavier than sonic, and fall faster.(Maybe too much?)
My bias aside, that is a LOT of programming, and then the skates would give him different ground movement and whatnot. At any rate, back to your discussion.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...that is alot of programming.
In any case, I'll be happy with a Shadow skin costume. Also, I think they should incorporate Sonic's light speed attack into his moveset. I just like moving blindingly fast.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I like that ^ idea. Just push X while on sonic and BAM you got shadow. As cool as it would be to have all the sonic cast in brawl, I dont want all the 3rd party chars to be from sonic.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I think his Golden Super Sonic skin should be a costume as well. Actually, I take that back. I think that would work better as his Brawl attack. If shadow is a costume for sonic, I would love to see his brawl attack as Shadow turning into Super Shadow instead. Those colors on Shadow were just too sic.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I think his Golden Super Sonic skin should be a costume as well. Actually, I take that back. I think that would work better as his Brawl attack. If shadow is a costume for sonic, I would love to see his brawl attack as Shadow turning into Super Shadow instead. Those colors on Shadow were just too sic.
Super Sonic as his super, probably mentioned a thousand and one times before, but the first time I have seen it. I love it. Nice.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yes...more support. I'm starting to think of semi-clones. Same moveset as the original character, but with characteristics of similar character. Sonic and Shadow. I still think they could make that work without too many differences. The semi-clone would just work as an alternate skin so it doesn't take up space of the original character. That way almost everybody is happy.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So is sonic next-gen any good. I was thinking about getting it.
And why do you hate Silver?

Well the loading times are annoying as ****, the game is rather slow except for some levels that play as I expect Sonic Wii to play(my favorite part btw) I did two levels and the progress thing says 23 percent. T_T I have yet to play as Shadow but Silver's play isn't bad. If you dedicate a bit of time to it a 5-day rental will probably suffice. Still better than Shadow the Hedgehog. And WAY better than Heroes.

I hate Silver because

A) He was a pain to fight. Took me 3 tries.
2) I like Shadow and Silver was compared to him from SA2. WRONG. Shadow in SA2 tried to kill people for what he believed in. Silver comes from the same dimension as Blaze, except it's trashed and he ONLY wants to kill Sonic. Silver is a "good" guy from the get-go. Just misinformed. I guess you could compare it to Knuckles actually. But the hedgehog thing along with the storyline so far(seems kind of like SA1 with a fire guy instead of water)and the fact that his character appears to be a hedgehog version of (early)Knuckles with psychic powers makes me dislike him. I don't have much experience with Silver yet so he MIGHT turn out okay but at the moment he bothers me.

Also I practically DEMAND you rent it. You HAVE to see Tails' top speed.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I guess i'll just rent it then. I've only played the demo which seemed okay to me. The shadow levels looked pretty gay though. Silver's style of play interested me. But just a rental for now...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Peeze
Just a quick question. There's been some talk about Sonic possibly being in SSBB, but has there been any talk about his counterpart Shadow being in the game maybe as like a secret character or something?
I'd rather just have the main character of each 3rd party game in SSBB then have multiple characters from the same 3rd party game.

Stryks
Look Sakurai said there was gnna be a max of 2 new 3rd party characters
When did he say that?

Top Bottom