• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Peeze

Smash Master
It's stupid in your opinion, you might not think so but not all people on here are pessimistic, and negative. Instead of saying some good things about Sonic, you people(aiming at McFox and HT) shoot down ideas. Nobody tells you all the time that Skull Kid wont be in brawl(which btw, he wont). Sure he has no chance, but the Fludd Mario thread is still open. Shadow is not stupider than Fludd

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Peeze, it isn't his opinion. It's a fact.

Posts like this:

He's too fast for you, to catch and strap down. He would have blasted your brains out by then.
And this:

You have a picture of Ness naked in your sig and your calling a hedgehog, who's looking for his girlfriend, gay?!?!?!?!??!?! Just being realistic. :chuckle:
Are stupid.

Also as every realistic person has already said there are a limited number of 3rd party spots and if Sega was to get one it would go to Sonic and not Shadow. Konami put in Solid Snake, not Otacon.

I'm pretty sure that McFox is pretty much aware that Skull Kid is very unlikely, he did put him in the 'Improbable but Not Impossible Characters' section in his picks for Brawl thread, but it is possible that he'll be in it. The Legend of Zelda only has three/four representives in Brawl and if another character was to be added Skull Kid does have a chance since the only three Zelda characters with a good shout are Ganondorf, Princess Zelda (not Sheik) and Link.

Also you may have noticed that this thread is still open as well.

Finally Shadow is a better idea than Fludd Mario in your opinion.

;)

Peeze

Smash Master
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I defend Shadow and negative pessimistic people jump in and just bash Shadow. Do you want me to change the title to:
"Shadow some hedgehog who's gay and probably wont make it, so lets all flame him"?

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I defend Shadow and negative pessimistic people jump in and just bash Shadow. Do you want me to change the title to:
"Shadow some hedgehog who's gay and probably wont make it, so lets all flame him"?
I presumed McFox was talking about all the stupid spam in this thread when he said he'd lock it if it got stupider.

You said that it was an opinion and not a fact so I showed you some stupid, spammy posts.

I then made a comment on Shadow's chances of getting into Brawl (being a realist here, not a pessimist). I'm sure you'll agree that if Nintendo approached Sega for the rights to add a Sega character (they will most likely only ask for one character) they would ask for Sega's mascot and Mario's rival Sonic and not for the joint second character of Shadow (he's joint second with Tails who, in my opinion, should be in Brawl after Sonic, which he won't, before Shadow is even contemplated).

I then defended a character I'd quite like to see included, Skull Kid, and stated that he has a better chance of getting in than Shadow.

You were annoyed that the "stupider" idea of Fludd Mario wasn't locked, I reminded you that neither is this topic.

The last wee comment was me taking the piss out of your "It's stupid in your opinion" reply to McFox (notice the winking smiley of non-seriousness).

If I was to bash Shadow I would fill an entire post simply saying that Shadow sucks again and again and saying how bad he would be in Brawl without putting in any real reasons for Shadow not being in Brawl into the post.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, I will have to agree with Peeze that Skull Kid does not fare much better as a SSBB candidate, as the oversaturation of LoZ characters, particularly those from the N64 titles, is analogous to including more than one character per thrid-party franchise that everyone is up in arms over. Not saying I'm for Shadow in SSBB, as I've preciously shown that I'm NOT, but I am sensing just a bit of what we call "the pot calling the kettle black" in this case. And there are a quite a few threads that ought to be closed before this one... But yeah...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well as far as LoZ villians, I'd much prefer Aganhim (sniff... no one loves ALttP anymore...) over Skullkid, as it would represent NON-N64 entries into the series; Ralph from OoA would also be good in that regard.

As far as Sonic characters go, we're more than likely only getting one (Sonic) from that franchise, but if they were to include another character from that series, my vote would go to Tails... Too bad everyone hates him...

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Well let's just all stop flaming b/c I think every1 knows he has a very small chance of getting in. Most characters that some of us want in have almost no chance, but that doesn't make them bad choices it just makes them different. Let's just discuss some possible movesets, poses, victory stances, etc.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Plus rep for Lord deathborne.
Oh, and uh... Shadow would own Skull Kid.
See, this is exactly the kind of thing I mean by "stupid." Things that waste people's time and are spam. That's what you post, and I'm getting tired of it. Defend Shadow all you want to, but posting things like Staralfur quoting you posting are just plain dumb, they waste our forum space, and they're an assault on my eyes.

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
it would be better if it was shadow rather than sonic because shadow is basically sonic but with the ability to
teleport, distort time and space and can use guns.i wouldn't mind if they both got in but i would be dissapointed if sonic was the only sega character

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Since some people think Shadow deserves to be in over Sonic then I guess I should show you why Sonic has a shot and why Shadow doesn't. Reasons for Sonic to be in Brawl:

-High popularity and he ranked #1 for most votes for a new Brawl character
-Rival of Nintendo's Mario and would be one of the two in what many believe would be the greatest fight in video game history
-Sonic's creator and Mario's creator both expressed interest in having them in a game together
-The rumor that he was in Melee showed just how much people wanted him
-He was suggested to be in Melee by Sonic Team but Melee was too far into production
-Nintendo and Sega are on good terms as of late
-Flagship character of his series and mascot of Sega

I am sure there are several other reasonings but I am kinda in a rush so here are some reasons as to why Shadow shouldn't be in:

-Limited 3rd party spaces
-Secondary character
-Overrated
-Would break franchise diversity (one 3rd party character from a franchise is enough, they are guests after all)
-Non-deserving as he has contributed nothing to Nintendo history whereas Sonic plays a huge role in Nintendo's history
-His game was horrible as stated by several game rating sites
-Not as important as Tails or Knuckles would be

Reasons he should be in:

-Well... he is a character...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
There was no speech. Sakurai just mentioned a few things about it on his site while he was taking suggestions. All he mentioned was that any potential non-nintendo character had to originate from a game (i.e. no manga or anime characters) and that there would probably be only 1 or 2 more after Snake.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah well this isn't the thread to discuss third party slots, and how impossible it would be for shadow to be in brawl. McFox said so(and whatever he says is law!).
Now, since he has Chaos Control(something hard for sonic to pull off) should those moves be incorporated into his moveset? Such as the ones SRFreak said: teleport, time control, etc.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Simply put, I hope not. Uncle Kenny pretty much summed up why he won't make it in. And, if through some incredible miracle he does make it in (once again, some incredible miracle, like, uh, Sega paid Nintendo ALOT of money), he better not say "Maria..."

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
Since some people think Shadow deserves to be in over Sonic then I guess I should show you why Sonic has a shot and why Shadow doesn't. Reasons for Sonic to be in Brawl:

-High popularity and he ranked #1 for most votes for a new Brawl character
-Rival of Nintendo's Mario and would be one of the two in what many believe would be the greatest fight in video game history
-Sonic's creator and Mario's creator both expressed interest in having them in a game together
-The rumor that he was in Melee showed just how much people wanted him
-He was suggested to be in Melee by Sonic Team but Melee was too far into production
-Nintendo and Sega are on good terms as of late
-Flagship character of his series and mascot of Sega

I am sure there are several other reasonings but I am kinda in a rush so here are some reasons as to why Shadow shouldn't be in:

-Limited 3rd party spaces
-Secondary character
-Overrated
-Would break franchise diversity (one 3rd party character from a franchise is enough, they are guests after all)
-Non-deserving as he has contributed nothing to Nintendo history whereas Sonic plays a huge role in Nintendo's history
-His game was horrible as stated by several game rating sites
-Not as important as Tails or Knuckles would be

Reasons he should be in:

-Well... he is a character...
i don't mind if they both got in! but
you can't base a character on 1 game or it's like saying yoshi is bad because of that gravitation game on the ds was bad, and tails's popularity has fallen in recent years and you forget that the wii is a stronger console than the gamecube meaning that more things can be done. and sonic and co would not be classified as guests as nintendo are not making the game.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well this isn't the thread to discuss third party slots, and how impossible it would be for shadow to be in brawl. McFox said so(and whatever he says is law!).
Now, since he has Chaos Control(something hard for sonic to pull off) should those moves be incorporated into his moveset? Such as the ones SRFreak said: teleport, time control, etc.
LOL. I think his moves should be based on his Sonic Battle attacks.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
you can't base a character on 1 game or it's like saying yoshi is bad because of that gravitation game on the ds was bad, and tails's popularity has fallen in recent years and you forget that the wii is a stronger console than the gamecube meaning that more things can be done. and sonic and co would not be classified as guests as nintendo are not making the game.
Wtf does any of this mean?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I believe that what he meant was that you cannot judge the worth of a character based on one bad game, and then offered a Yoshi game on the DS as an example. But anyway, I recently discovered something that makes Shadow seem not so bad, at least in one sense. Everybody is complaining that Shadow is just a rip-off of Sonic, but now they've gone and actually made a rip-off character of Shadow. I give you: Mephiles the Hedgehog.

*shudder* Just...why?

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I believe that what he meant was that you cannot judge the worth of a character based on one bad game, and then offered a Yoshi game on the DS as an example. But anyway, I recently discovered something that makes Shadow seem not so bad, at least in one sense. Everybody is complaining that Shadow is just a rip-off of Sonic, but now they've gone and actually made a rip-off character of Shadow. I give you: Mephiles the Hedgehog.

*shudder* Just...why?
WHAT THE HECK? O.O;;

What are those goofs at Sega thinking? I thought Sliver was going to be the last Hedgehog......Eh. I guess I can't count their chikens before they hatch...

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
They made a dark version of a character who was basically already a dark version of another character...

Well there goes the last of my faith in Sega.

:ohwell:

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Well, Yuji Naka quit just recently did he not? So, no wonder everything is a mess. I still have hope the Wii Sonic game will be good... I also heard they hacked the Sonic the Hedgehog demo, and the ending cutscene was on it, and from what I heard, it sounds realllllly bad. Once again, I only heard this from a friend, so it might not be true (but the ending she told me sounded authentic.)

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
You know what I'm waiting for? A "dark" clone of big the effing cat! He'd be his normal colour, but with RED stripes instead, YEAH! He can use his fishing pole like a grappling hook, only DARKER...a grappling DEATH HOOK, and we can say that he's actually the disembodied spirit of a fish that big ate a long time ago, he'd be all "I am going to kill all your d00dz!!!!! B1g t3h k4t was using m4d haxx!!!!!!! Ca7s can7 us3 phi$h1ng p0lez!!!!! L4wL Z0/\/\G!!!!!!

....and we wonder why Sega failed in the previous gen. console wars.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I heard that Mephiles isn't a hedgehog at all. He's a shape-shifting demon spawned by Iblis to trick Silver into trying to kill Sonic. Which in itself is equally as weird.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord

1) I'm not basing a character off of one game... I'm basing the character off of the fact that he's a bad character.

2) PROVE that Tails' popularity has dropped. Sonic > Tails > Mighty > remaining old school Sonic characters >>>>>>>>>> Espio >>>>>>>>>> new school characters >>>>>>> Mr. Big >> Amy Rose > Shadow

See, I can make biased statements too (even if the underlined parts are true.)

3) What does the strength of one console have to do with the strength of a character on another?

4) Sonic and crew WOULD be guests as they are NOT owned by Nintendo and the game is being made by a second-party company of NINTENDO.

5) Game...Set...and Match!

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
1) I'm not basing a character off of one game... I'm basing the character off of the fact that he's a bad character.

2) PROVE that Tails' popularity has dropped. Sonic > Tails > Mighty > remaining old school Sonic characters >>>>>>>>>> Espio >>>>>>>>>> new school characters >>>>>>> Mr. Big >> Amy Rose > Shadow

See, I can make biased statements too (even if the underlined parts are true.)

3) What does the strength of one console have to do with the strength of a character on another?

4) Sonic and crew WOULD be guests as they are NOT owned by Nintendo and the game is being made by a second-party company of NINTENDO.

5) Game...Set...and Match!
i want to make clear that i do want sonic in but would be unhappy if he was the only sega character

lets leave it there

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Firstly imo Shadow is way cooler than Sonic HOWEVER i dont think Shadow should be in SSBB cos he would take away from Sonics highly anticipated presence and originality, Sonic would end up living in Shadows shadow (Pun!). Tails would be a much better second addition from the Sonic series, he would just be Sonics little side kick with a very original moveset.

Besides Sonic would already have a rival in Mario, he doesnt need another

btw perfect set of moves for Sonic Kraid, especially the vB and <>B

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Ever since the release of Smash Bros. Melee, many many many people have wanted Sonic, giving Nintendo a good reason to put him in. Nintendo is also associated with Sega (and Sega with Sonic, duh). Sonic would be a great addition, and Shadow would make and excellent clone for him.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
i dont think Shadow should be in SSBB cos he would take away from Sonics highly anticipated presence and originality, Sonic would end up living in Shadows shadow (Pun!)
Besides Sonic would already have a rival in Mario, he doesnt need another
Your probably right, however, that gives more reason for potential future Sonic users to try and outshine Shadow!
(Besides, Shadow is already starting to outshine Sonic anyway, suffice to say it.)

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
How is Shadow outshining Sonic?

Thats like saying Luigi was begining to outshine Mario just because he had Luigi's Mansion.

If a Sega character gets in it will be Sonic. There won't be another Sega character taking up a third party space.

Don't double post.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
How is Shadow outshining Sonic?

Thats like saying Luigi was begining to outshine Mario just because he had Luigi's Mansion.

If a Sega character gets in it will be Sonic. There won't be another Sega character taking up a third party space.

Don't double post.
What I mean is lately Shadow's been taking up all the popularity. (Not because of the game "Shadow the Hedgehog" but just because lots of people think he's cooler). And you're probably right that they won't get another Sega character, but I'm just saying that Shadow would make an excellent clone.

And very sorry for double-posting. I just had two points to get across. I'll won't do it again!

Top Bottom