• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShadowClaw (Mewtwo Combo Vid by Taj) RELEASED

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Aight guys heres the deal. We are almost done with the vid, by almost I mean like very close. So we should finish tonite and have it uploaded soon. We got mostly just to wait for it to render. Tho I have a 9am class so we are prolly headin to bed soon. It will be released tomorrow. I can't say what time exactly but tomorrow is a def. I will update the first page with links to it. Hope everyone enjoys it. ^_^

Lt. Blu Panther

Smash Rookie
The video as of now is 7:33 seconds long. For it being so long, we're releasing different qualities of the video, Low, Med, and High. High's gonna be like, 50MB, Med is going to be 30MB and Low is going to be 10MB. Let me know if you think that's a little too excessive. If demand is high we could release an Ultra Low 5MB, but fitting seven minutes into that could be a little messy.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I think the file sizes are fine (I'm on 56k) so we should leave it at that unless someone specifically asks for the 5 mb.

BTW, very very nice trailer guys, I like Taj's M2, similar to me messing around with M2 only faster :p

Mookz: m2 dittos every time I see you dude from now on

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hopefully you Mewtwo veterans that look down upon me
I just want it to be known that I am not lookin down on yas yo. I know you are mad good. All I am saying is that when making a video and releasing a trailer you show some good stuff, not some leftover "meh" sorta stuff. You want to build up hype, so showing one INCREDIBLE combo would have been much more effective then these 4 little tidbits, and even then, you aren't to blame for that Taj.

@McCloud: You got it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
@Mookie - Are you going to be going all-Mewtwo at FC? If so, I really want another match with you then, I've only gotten one crack at your M2, and I want to have another go. Also, thanks for showing me how to deal with Roys; Chad's been playing him a lot lately, and I never seem to have any problem with it.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
LAWL that he beat fastliketrees fox with mewtwo... it was TOO good, everybody was like "wtf?" and me and trent were all "AZ TOO GOOOD!!!" and everybody else fell before the might of az's trash talk.
(special thanks mike stone, lol)

Lt. Blu Panther

Smash Rookie
Right, well, I'm rendering the first phase of it out of Avid, the Ultra-Ultra High Quality Video (600MB) which will be re-encoded into the aforementioned Low, Med and High. The problem is that I have to be at work in forty minutes, and the encoding is only 64 percent done. We hope to get the Medium Quality version up before then, otherwise you'd be waiting another 6+ hours.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
OK so Blu like the smart guy he is forgot to render some thing right. So we have to re-render it all. Which means it wont be out until tonite when we get back from work. 11pm-12am ish Az time. So yea...blame him.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ouch. Yeah, a lot of dudes don't know how annoying the rendering phase is. Well, good luck on getting it done tonight with no more delays.

araknophobik

Smash Master
m2k's is better...
im not just saying that because of the name
i actually played it at dsf's house the night before mlg anaheim...

though i must say, i was impressed in seeing taj's beat azeem's samus, some good stuff
so i think this calls for a mew 2 ditto..

Lt. Blu Panther

Smash Rookie
Movies are being uploaded right now. High Quality is still finishing up, and uploading 50 megs might take a little while. Look for the change in the starter post soon.

shanus

Smash Hero
sexy m2, i was expecting the last combo and I was finally happy that it finally came up at the end!

Blind

Honorbound
Guys, what's our team's name gonna be?
It's gotta be something you can shout...
Guys.
What T?
I got it!
What is it?
SHADOWCLAW!!!!

Taj, best video evar. I like how in your video you show yourself scaring people so much they don't even wanna return to the stage. Reverse shadowball edgeguard? WIN. Five d-tilts on a Ganon who is so afraid of you getting him off the stage he DI's straight into them? Teleport chasing for combo extension? Not enough of your mad tech chases but then, I forgive ya :p

AZ TOO GOOOOOD!!!!!

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
I have one question. How long did it take for you to get that good? Nice music too. Not alot of combo vids I've seen have hip hop so props. And does anyone have any one on one vids fo Taj.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
de musik was hot, great vid. my favorie smash vid period. <3 mow, but still, taj is sick

araknophobik

Smash Master
Bloody_Falcon said:
Arak M2K doesnt use mew2 he only uses fox, falcon, marth, and sheik. Unless i didnt understand your post correctly.
tournaments he only uses those characters...but he whipped out the m2 on me, and dsf was like "whos is better, yours or taj's?" and he said his...

p.s. he kept pulling that lightsheild track on me when it was fox v marth

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So you took his word for it without seeing Taj play Arak? I talked to M2K back in the day and he says he only busts out Mewtwo on nubs, basically.

As far as this vid goes. ****in crazy ****. Taj definitely lives up to what I have heard about him. It's gonna be hard to follow up on my new combo vid with this being out. You are way way more agressive than I am that it's funny. One noticeable difference is that when you go for wavedash dtilts, I would go for a wavedash grab. But anyways, good ****.

A few critiques though. A lot of times when dealing with Foxes and Falcos, they just seem to give up and not DI. Examples being at 2:43, 3:05 (after you hit with fairs), it's not untill 3:39 that a fastfaller actually DI's a fair. The whole sequence at 4:01 has no DI at all, it's like there is nobody plugged into the second controller.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Nice, heres what i liked"
the ledge stall TP
shiek chain grab combo
The Combo where u teleported back to fox and finished him off (i loved that)
The jump off reverse shadow ball
I like the songs u used too
I noticed u were winning most of the matches, a lot of combo vids r jsut htings that happened to come out and both ppl r even in lives or the comboer is down in lives. It shows that you actually play like this (or it was rigged :p but i doubt it)

Good Job. And ignore the haters.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
ShackDaddy said:
Nice, heres what i liked"
the ledge stall TP
shiek chain grab combo
The Combo where u teleported back to fox and finished him off (i loved that)
The jump off reverse shadow ball
I like the songs u used too
I noticed u were winning most of the matches, a lot of combo vids r jsut htings that happened to come out and both ppl r even in lives or the comboer is down in lives. It shows that you actually play like this (or it was rigged :p but i doubt it)

Good Job. And ignore the haters.
Thanks, yes this video was made with about 2 hours of me sitting down and playing this past Friday. So that's how I get down all day every day. :chuckle:

Gea

Smash Master
Impressive ledgestalling. Other than that, its nothing I haven't seen. Still not a bad watch at all. ;o

araknophobik

Smash Master
MookieRah said:
So you took his word for it without seeing Taj play Arak? I talked to M2K back in the day and he says he only busts out Mewtwo on nubs, basically.
I did see Taj play at mlg, and you would've known that if you looked at my prior post
I still found m2k's impressive, being that h knows so much about the game
and he ddn't bust it out on a money match, nor a friendly, he took it out during a teams friendly. So please, do not take my statement above as a"he's a nub because m2k pulled out a mewtwo on him" type of thing, because in my opinion a complete nub is someone who critiqs a video down to seconds refering to DI and such. You have too much time and it sounds sad to me everytime i read your post that someone actually wrote it

Top Bottom