• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShadowClaw (Mewtwo Combo Vid by Taj) RELEASED

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
wow @ taj, very impressive. Best mewtwo video ive seen yet
and i thought mookie's M2 was good :p
some very creative stuff that no one expects to come from mewtwo, a very fun video.
(ledge stall? :D)

mewtwo for god tier

You'd think after seeing this they would move mewtwo back above pichu, but then again, a good pichu could do the same to players like that.

Lt. Blu Panther

Smash Rookie
We're talking already of creating a second combo video, but with more than just two hours of material to work on. Look for it in the next months.

RapE

Smash Ace
Hey anyone know where i can find that first techno remix in the video?????

quak

Smash Champion
MookieRah said:
Fun competition. I am in the process of making a new combo vid myself.
Can wait to see it, but as of now, taj's vid is better than your old one in my opinion. Although i did like the song/message/random disco guy in yours

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
**** yo, nd i thought my mewtwo was good, he jus ****ted all over me lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the crowd cheers mewtwo as taj shows us the untapped potential of the *character that was supposed to be good in nintendo's eyes* character with this amazing combo vid, i'm scared of mewtwo now, oh and great chain throw

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
OMG OMG! I never thought that someone could do it so well with Mewtwo o_O
How good is he compared to the top-players? Has he played well against some known persons?
Again, amazing vid!

Anther

Smash Champion
That was an amazing Combo vid =p. Never knew Mewtwo's D-tilt could do that >.>.

Only thing I found weird are all the parts where someone's getting combo'ed, and the "3P" shows up.... because that tends to only show up if the guy isn't pressing anything on the controller. Like they wanted to be comboed XD... specially the 'orange fox' throughout the vid... ... I know they weren't the best competition, but **** XD.. tell them they can push stuff while flying around ;p. Still doesn't make the vid less awesome though >=B

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Sorry, that's incorrect. The 3P shows up as they're getting hit throughout the video in parts where there is clearly DI no matter how subtle. It appears to show up when the person gets hit a certain distance

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
phanna said:
Excellent video quality. Mewtwo is always an excellent topic; I'm looking forward to this.
It was very enjoyable, some excellent gameplay. I remember awhile ago reading something about possibly being able to get out of mewtwo's up-b lag sooner than normal, did this ever come to fruition? The video itself could have showcased Taj's talents better if his foe's wouldn't miss so many tech's or DI's - but it was outstanding nonetheless. Especially the first song, does anyone know the name and artist for it?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
forward said:
lol there wouldn't be much of a combo video if everyone di'd and teched perfectly
Sure there would; real combos exist. And I didn't say perfectly, I just said teched at all, and DI'd more than just occasionally. It's still a stellar video, but I think you're incorrect about combo videos against skilled players not existing.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Phanna, Forward has a point, and no one every said there were combo videos that don't exist against skilled players. The point of a combo video is to showcase combos despite how perfect you want them to be. Obviously there are situations where the combo wouldn't have gone as long if there were better DI from the beginning, better DI in the middle or in the end. The point is that they do DI, and you don't notice that they do because the combo is slightly different. They don't DI very well, and so I punish accordingly. Let me ask you, did you think Evolution which was made by skilled players was completely flawless in how their opponents DI'd? Whatever the case was, they punished as well as they should have and in the process made a great video.

The opponents in the video did tech, they did DI. In the parts where they died they certainly didn't tech or DI correctly. Zero to death combos are incredibly rare if every opponent DI's correctly. In some parts, yeah we were just messing around. Just remember this, when you get grabbed by the edge of the stage, would you rather go away from me where I could potentially edgeguard you with ease, or would you DI towards the stage and then cringe as I punished your decision to stay close to me. Blind brought this up, Ganon DIing into a chain of down tilts because he's afraid to go off of the stage which resulted in him getting spiked anyway. Let's not forget platform tech chased up air to chain down tilts to a down throw that was DI'd away with a missed tech to a techchased grab to a back throw off of the stage to an edgeguard. Sometimes not everyone did everything correctly, so I made a good stock off of it. I wasn't looking to showcase my talents in this video as much as my decision making regarding capitalization off of mistakes and making this a combo video. The next video won't be a full on combo video anyway.

Anyway, it shouldn't even matter. I'm going to give the people what they want. I'll get at least two special guests with unquestionable credibility and reputation in Part 2 so I'll see ya in hell for the sequel.

BTW, the music used in the video is in the credits... New Breed (Spoetnik Mix) by Fear Factory is the first song.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I love the people who are complaining about incorrect opponent DI. No ****. People don't always DI 100% correctly 100% of the time. A lot of this is due to the fact that a good player would be able to spot what direction their opponent DI's, and can usually follow it and punish further. I know you're thinking "Hey, I could have DI'd/teched properly there, this video is crap." Well, it's easy to think that now when you already know what is going to happen. But can you do it everytime in real matches? Of course not. If you could have done it right everytime, you would be winning every tournament you go to, instead of whining about it over the internet. If you think you can do better than Taj's opponents, why don't you money match him and prove it? Or make your own video, if you think your opponents DI perfectly.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I agree with you Rapid. Hell I would never face Taj ever, he just is that good. He even has a google video of that same name Shadow Claw. We have human faults, so we are never perfect. So we can never DI 100% or not even 99%. People make mistakes deal with it.

Zzanitari

Smash Rookie
O_O omg that mewtwo is AWESOME. Very nice combo video :). I've never seen someone so good at Mewtwo!!!:dizzy:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Btw, Taj, I need to thank you. After playing and watching your m2, mine improved by a million fold. I was beating on some Sheik players with it earlier on. Thanks. <3

Top Bottom