• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShadowClaw (Mewtwo Combo Vid by Taj) RELEASED

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So please, do not take my statement above as a"he's a nub because m2k pulled out a mewtwo on him" type of thing,
I was just saying what he told me. I didn't say that for you to get the impression that I was calling you a noob. I was saying that cause M2K very rarely plays Mewtwo, and that I doubt he could take down Taj, who would play any dude with his Mewtwo and has taken down big names with his Mewtwo.

because in my opinion a complete nub is someone who critiqs a video down to seconds refering to DI and such.
It wasn't hard at all to spot that they weren't DIing. After my first viewing I thought that it only happened some of the time, but it wasn't till I was looking for it that I realized there is virtually no DI in the entire video. I provided the time of the video so anyone who was willing could make a quick reference. You seem to think that I maticulously watched the vid, but any decent player would be able to pick up on the lack of DI real fast.

You have too much time and it sounds sad to me everytime i read your post that someone actually wrote it
I'm sad that Gea (not Geo, and I am assuming this based off his post) and I are the only one's who realize that it's not hard to press left or right in the time it takes to be thrown, and faired 4 times.

I am sorry if I made you guys mad, but it doesn't change the video any. I was just pointing out something that could have been better. Reread my post, there was no ill intent.

I can understand that in combo videos people would make DI mistakes, miss techs, and what not, but usually there is still a good bit of DI/teching/not trying to get caught in combos involved. I think this is a very entertaining vid, and that Taj did some impressive stuff, but I wish he got to show his skill off on people that would DI often enough that it wasn't a **** spree with combos.

If you guys want revenge in some manner, feel free to critique the hell out of my video when I release it, cause I don't mind criticism.

cF=)

Smash Lord
MookieRah said:
I'm sad that Geo (I am assuming this based off his post) and I are the only one's who realize that it's not hard to press left or right in the time it takes to be thrown, and faired 4 times.
You should edit this part because it's actually Gea and not Geo that said that ^^;

I enjoyed the video but I agree with Mookie since my friend also got a neat mewtwo. It's pretty normal to pull out Fair comboes against fastfaller and it's just irritating to see people not being able to tech a dsmash during 8 minutes of footage. I seem harsh but I've seen comboes using a much bigger arsenal of mewtwo's move which is, in my opinion, more enjoyable to watch. Now on good points, you guys made excellent music choices because it fitted greatly with the action.

Alright so props on the video making and on the good mewtwo Taj (I wasn't dissing your skills, just the footage used) but I still prefer "Believe in yourself" :p Nice try.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ah dangz, my bad Gea. I am pretty sure there was a dude on the boards going by Geo at some point that occasionally visited the M2 boards. Sorry for the mixup.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I appreciate the great feedback. :) MookieRah is correct to some degree, but this is a combo video. People DI incorrectly, and I punished them accordingly. In your video, you punished your own way, and in turn had different results. You're correct, in a couple of portions, there was little to no DI, in most other portions, they did use DI, but it was still a combo or I chased them well enough to keep them off balance or down. If everyone DI'd perfectly every single time, then that would make for a much slower video of just playing shield grab and hit and run.

Mewtwo's down smash is very difficult to tech, because it doesn't hit under the stage like Marth's Forward Smash. A lot of the time, I'm simply punishing them for going to high, and most of the downsmashes are from a certain distance from the edge, once again making it difficult.

I hope everyone understands that this "project" started on last Friday. I was talking to Chaos Theory about maybe recording some matches so people that wanted to see me play, can watch me play. CT and Blu both offered to make me a combo video to show some of things that I do, and well that same Friday day, we recorded some matches and they went with it. It was about 2 hours of recording matches. So obviously this is stuff that would be normal to see with Mewtwo, because I do this every time I play even on a bad day.

This video was finished in a week, and I thank Blu and Chaos Theory for all of the work they put in it, even though they still didn't spend as much time on it as most other videos. They put things up in almost no time. Many props to their insane skills. They aren't Mewtwo players, so they used what they thought was cool. They had limited material to work with, and still made a great product overall. This was just exhibition of my Mewtwo, and to also show people what Mewtwo can do, because most people haven't a Mewtwo combo video before.

To all the fans, glad you enjoyed the show, Shadowclaw part 2 coming up, hopefully with enough things to make everyone happy.

MookieRah and cF=), I don't mind the criticism, I don't mind the hating, I don't mind if you didn't like it even though you said it was somewhat entertaining. I'm just letting you know that this is the first combo video I've ever made, and we spent no time on it. Your criticism is appreciated, and I hope to appease you in the sequel.

I hope no one takes this to offense, I'm just sharing my thoughts on what has been said so far. Of course we could've done better, but we just wanted to put this out as soon as possible while we were all really motivated. So, signs hopefully point to a better sequel for those that were bored. Unfortunately, it seems that it's going to take a lot to impress, so I'll do my best. No promises though. :(

BTW, when will we expect your video MookieRah?

Pneuma

Smash Ace
This is one of those videos that just left me shocked.

Two times during the flick, when Taj dtilts that Fox across FD and then at the end with the most ridiculous edgeguard ever I actually had to pause and sit up and watch it again. Good good good ish. You're an idol.

Lt. Blu Panther

Smash Rookie
A good combo consists of a series of attacks on one character without allowing said character to 1) touch the ground, 2) attack back, 3) in some way gain the mobility to easily escape the attacker. Anything else is a 'pseudo combo' and not worthy of being put into any combo compilation video

Notice how in this mewtwo combo video, that is mostly the case. Many times, the character hits the ground, but either misses the tech, or Taj follows the tech. Once Taj starts a combo, he is rarely damaged at all, when he is, he accepts the hit (crouch cancels as well) to get the kill.

Taj's Mewtwo is God Tier

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
This video has forced me to actually post here, something I normally would not do.

I must say this is the best Mewtwo I've seen(meaning I've never seen anything from Mow, I'd appreciate it if someone showed me something). Its a shame there aren't many Mewtwo players out there, but its still nice to see that some people have faith him despite him being bottom tier. Then again anyone who ranks a character's potential by tier placement doesn't matter to me anyway.

My favorite parts of the video were ate 4:00 and 4:40, I must've rewound watched them over a dozen times. I would say Mewtwo is both my best and favorite character and these parts presented ideas I wasn't even aware of(which really isn't all that surprising), and this vid really shows what Mewtwo is all about, first impressions a thing of the past.

I'd just like to say that you now have my respect Taj, for whatever its worth, for a making a vid like this. No offense Mookie, but I thought it was a lot better than Believe in Yourself. Although I can't wait to see more from you, Taj, and this Mow person I hear so much about but have somehow never seen.

D A R K FORCE

Smash Cadet
It was a insane video when you take into account they only had 2 hours of footage to work with.

Nice job both to the makers of the video and to Taj.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Taj278 said:
cF=), I don't mind the criticism, I don't mind the hating, I don't mind if you didn't like it even though you said it was somewhat entertaining. I'm just letting you know that this is the first combo video I've ever made, and we spent no time on it. Your criticism is appreciated, and I hope to appease you in the sequel.
Well sorry if you felt any hate, it wasn't the purpose of my post nor to down your skills. I'm just saying this video could almost be used as a "How to play mewtwo guide" since most of the comboes are things you can pull off easily on many characters to rack up damage.

It was still greatly done for a first combo video so I'm hoping you'll get even more footage for your next one. No hate :colorful:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
MookieRah and cF=), I don't mind the criticism, I don't mind the hating, I don't mind if you didn't like it even though you said it was somewhat entertaining. I'm just letting you know that this is the first combo video I've ever made, and we spent no time on it. Your criticism is appreciated, and I hope to appease you in the sequel.
I am sorry for coming off as I was hating. I really don't. Actually, if you had not come along I would prolly still be trying to main other characters. The spark of competition has made me want to play Mewtwo again, and I am glad that you gave me a renewed vigor to play Mewtwo. Seriously, I really respect you. I know you can pull off a much better combo vid that is worthy of all the attention and praise people are giving you in this thread. I know you can pull 0-deaths on multiple characters, even when manned by excellent players. I am not gonna lie though, and say that is the only reason why I criticized the video. You are definite competition to me and my vid, and that at the moment I am a little jealous of the attention, but I really don't hate you, how you play Mewtwo, or anything like that. But for the reals, I really do respect you, and I wouldn't mind losing my title to you if you beat me.

I hope everyone understands that this "project" started on last Friday. I was talking to Chaos Theory about maybe recording some matches so people that wanted to see me play, can watch me play.
Actually the situation with this video is extremely similar to my vid. It was also made hastily and from roughly an hour or two of footage. I have a lot of regrets with it, and wish I spent more time on it too, so trust me, I know how you feel about that. To be honest though, the real reason I made that combo vid cause of the song, and the ending of Yakitate Japan. I felt as if I didn't use it soon someone else would and that would make me sad :-P. Plus, the CGed Manager was too good. Too good.

Mewtwo's down smash is very difficult to tech, because it doesn't hit under the stage like Marth's Forward Smash. A lot of the time, I'm simply punishing them for going to high, and most of the downsmashes are from a certain distance from the edge, once again making it difficult.
Actually it does hit below the stage. It's pretty comparible to Marth's tipper in that respect; however, the timing is A LOT harder to pull off. I was actually impressed at how often you hit the fox/falcos out of phantasm with it, cause that is something I rarely pull off; although, I typically use a different trick for the same scenario, which is jumping off with a nair and dragging them down. I dunno if you have tried that or not, but i definitely recommend it cause it is a lot of fun XD.

BTW, when will we expect your video MookieRah?
I am not sure at this point. I am staying with the Run7 crew of Memphis for a week prior to FC and was gonna get an assload of material. Originally I wanted to go for a pre-FC release, but that would mean that I would have to sacrifice training time for a vid, and that doesn't sound like a good idea, especially when i can get some FC footage. I am also thinking about making a short animation of myself capturing Mewtwo in a pokeball for the vid. Everyone seemed to love the disco dancing Yakatate Japan dude, so I will need something else to fill up those gaps and continue the tradition of a zany combo vid.

Actually Taj, I was hoping if you wanted to do some team friendlies with me at FC. Dual Mewtwos. We can call it team Telepathetic or something, and challenge dudes for the fun and the hell of it. Hell, we can release the first ever dual Mewtwo combo vid, in conjunction with your 2nd vid and my 2nd vid. I play defensive, so I can hold lives and help set you up for combos, while you go nutz on them and take them out on the offense. I dunno, maybe this is a pipe dream, but I bet dudes would want to see it :-P. You are also never on AIM, I have been meaning to chat with you for a while. If I do see you on, in the rare case, I am usually too busy.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mow doesn't play Mewtwo anymore :ohwell:. About the only other good Mewtwo I know of is MetaKnight0, who is still roughly unknown by most dudes at the moment, and I don't know if he will be at FC or not. I also think that a Mewtwo ditto team match would be insanity XD, not that I wouldn't want to see it happen.

[edit]
I just remembered this, but Mow isn't even going to FC :(
[/edit]

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I do think it needs to happen, just to have it recorded and put silly music to it XD. I am thinking perhaps some They Might Be Giants or something along those lines would fit the quirkyness of the match.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Haha, I didn't think of that, but that is so very very appropriate. I think the beginning of the vid should start out very serious, and use some overused song like the "Requem for a Dream" song to set it up. But when the match stops you hear the music screech to a halt and Benny Hill plays.

I also think we should play on Icicle Mountain and Flatzone XD, maybe even Hyrule.

@McCloud: You mean in Memphis? If that is the case I will go down tommrow night for the bi-weekly, and I am gonna stay in Memphis till we leave for FC. After FC the Memphis dudes are gonna take me back to Tupelo and chill with the me and the other Tupeloopas for a while. That is the plan anyways.

TyrantX

Smash Apprentice
BEAUTIFUL!!! I congradulate you guys! Mewtwo deserves respect and this video proves that Mewtwo is a good character. Bow to the lord of psychic power! :laugh:

Good job guys!!!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, that ledge stall is good stuff. I have been practicing doing it that way myself for the flashness of it.

Blind

Honorbound
Hey, if Sean's not around I'll team w/ Taj for the 2 Mewtwo times 2 2v2. I'm studying the ways of Shadowclaw myself, thanks to him. I wish to be his M2 and Pikachu disciple, so that I too can be a Pokemon ****ing MASTER.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
MookieRah said:
Mow doesn't play Mewtwo anymore :ohwell:. About the only other good Mewtwo I know of is MetaKnight0, who is still roughly unknown by most dudes at the moment, and I don't know if he will be at FC or not. I also think that a Mewtwo ditto team match would be insanity XD, not that I wouldn't want to see it happen.

[edit]
I just remembered this, but Mow isn't even going to FC :(
[/edit]
well metaknight0 lost to pkmvodka's bowser...

umbreon mow just ***** pkmvodka's bowser... like i have never seen before O_O

i just don't think metaknight0 has a mewtwo as sexy as umbreonmow and mookierah's mewtwo (and now taj's mewtwo)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I just don't think you have never seen mine or Taj's mewtwo's. People tend to dismiss my Mewtwo (and now Taj's) as nothing just cause Mow has been around for a while, and 99% of the time it's people that have never seen my Mewtwo outside of vids.

Top Bottom