• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Needles **** the **** out of Samus's game.

soap

Smash Hero
i meant u start charging to get them into the air, then u store it and take advantage of her being so slow in the air

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its a cool tech vid though. So should I use the same strategy against Peach or is there more to it?
Sheik vs Peach

Well I mean its long... but ... I wrote that a while ago. :bee:..

Oh sooo...

I was playing a DK in tourney... and even though I knew this for a while.....

Needle -> FF fair = amazing edgeguard vs DK at mid/high percents. =D

Does anyone think... that needle d-tilt -> whatever will work at low percents? I just thought of it though so I'm not positive if it actually works. Its just a thought.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I guess I gotta learn to be patient with some characters. I'm really aggressive. My strategy has just been try to grab and win, but doesn't work so well against Peach and Jiggz. :ohwell:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I guess I gotta learn to be patient with some characters. I'm really aggressive. My strategy has just been try to grab and win, but doesn't work so well against Peach and Jiggz. :ohwell:
What?

Thats an amazing strategy. Look at m2k. Thats like.... all he does :laugh:

jk but grabbing jiggs.. is probably not a good idea.....

soap

Smash Hero
so i was practicing on Japes cuz i started counterpicking it recently with great success (HIGH FIVE!) and im making up the most ridiculous ****...

k, i down throw another sheik on the far left plat facing right they di over the pit, i do the running up b thing hit em with both explosions, then from the lower ledge walljump uair back onto left plat, ftilt fair, edgehog. im gonna make an all japes combo vid rofl

u dont even have to walk on that level u can seriously just teleport everywhere, dont have to worry about klaptrap at all if u do it right

aside from flashy crap this is actually a really solid counterpick, biggest thing being sheik is impossible to edgeguard cuz u cant do the normal gay edgehog cycle cuz u can go to multiple edges + use water to recover.

share with me all your japes sheik tactics.

biggest thing for me is camp left plat at low percents cuz u can use the water flow to help gimp people, and at high percents camp the right so when u get knocked off u can use the water flow to recover.

In general sheik controls the small islands really well cuz of her gay ledgestall can be used to pressure and control, and dsmash is like autosafe cuz it pushes them off

plus i have like a thousand trix now on this level. i guess im just pumped about having a second solid counterpick, ive been going straight battlefield for 2 years and now i have options when thats banned

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Run to the edge, right before you do fall off you do the up b *on the ground*. Then you DI outward to get the most distance out of it, then right before the explosion point towards the ledge.

I used to do a lot of **** on japes too, but I never managed to take it from novelty to actually useful tool. Now that I have slightly more experience, I think I'll try it again.

soap

Smash Hero
just how many characters does mango have? his sheik didnt impress me all that much, but his falcon was almost isai-esque, where it seems like hes sandbagging, but ****** at the same time.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm only listing my opinions on where I would take the high tiers.

Fox:

Battlefield
FoD
Brinstar

Falco:

Battlefield
Brinstar

Marth:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Practically any CP stages

Falcon:

FoD
Yoshi Story
Final Destination
Brinstar
Battlefield

Peach:

FoD
Yoshi Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

If you have questions on my list plz ask. I might have missed some stages cuz I don't remember all the CP stages atm.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Why didn't you add FoD for Falco? I love that stage vs him (sometimes platforms **** up his lasers. :D)

Also, I personally don't like brinstar vs Fox(I got ***** every time when I kept playing Brookman there), Falco it's much much better though.

Overall, I'd agree with that list. <3

Cia

das kwl
I'm only listing my opinions on where I would take the high tiers.

Fox:

Battlefield
FoD
Brinstar

Falco:

Battlefield
Brinstar
Mute City

Marth:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Practically any CP stages

Falcon:

FoD
Yoshi Story- O_O
Final Destination
Brinstar
Battlefield

Peach:

FoD
Yoshi Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Corneria
Poke Floats

If you have questions on my list plz ask. I might have missed some stages cuz I don't remember all the CP stages atm.
like.. oh yeah

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, I went Mute City vs Eggm, and he went Yoshi on me instead. Lol.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I find it hard to play Marth on Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium. Those Platforms are too low for my liking.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
just how many characters does mango have? his sheik didnt impress me all that much, but his falcon was almost isai-esque, where it seems like hes sandbagging, but ****** at the same time.
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Marth
Mario
Jigglypuff

His Mario is insane. He doesn't really use Sheik, only when I say I have the best Sheik in cali and he wants to mm me and prove me wrong. His Sheik is pretty crappy since he never plays her, but at the same time it's **** because he's Mango.

He went Sheik v HugS because I asked him to show me how it was done, hahaha

soap

Smash Hero
That just makes it easier to platform waveland grab doesn't it? Whats the benefit of higher platforms? Also, doesn't Sheik's usmash tip through low platforms too?
usmash only tips on story and Fod, even still its alot easier to tip a marth utilt/fsmash through them.

Even so i do really good on story/battlefield vs. marth, u shouldnt be slow enough to let him get under u on those platforms if u are using them. I am hating stadium now though, u cant short hop under the platforms but u also have no central platform to aid in your escape, plus fox raaaapes this level.

Tec, where is the Japes in that list? best sheik level in the game i think, its replaced battlefield as my auto-CP, battlefield is still prolly better though i think, but its usually banned sooooooo.......

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I don't get why Fox/Falco players ban Battlefield. I think they both have the advantage vs. Sheik on all of the neutrals. Battlefield is a pretty big level with lots of room to run and combo. If you take the edge away from Sheik on BF she's screwed. There isn't any weird way for her to squeeze her vanish or magically grab the edge after you get off it. You almost always get a punish for it.

Fox is good on PS because of all those broken level changes. Only one in Sheik's favour imo is Grass I guess. Its the one with the least interference. Ironically thats the transformation most characters want vs. Fox. Good luck if you get Rock/Fire though. Let the camping and waveshines begin.

Top Bottom