• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Vanz - I hate Mute City as sheik so thats why I didn't put it on the list. I feel like my sheik plays off the stage often and playing without a ledge hurts my sheik :(.

Also CF can only really do walljump tricks on YS. Its still a small stage to limit his DD game.

Fighting peach on floats and Corneria is good.. if you can get them to stay on peach..... but yea I agree with that addition.

Spawn - Falco has gay D-air tricks on FoD and I prefer not to take Falco there. Its a preference thing I don't mind it too much but it can take a stock if you aren't careful.

I agree that brinstar doesn't automatically mean you win but vs fox its one of the few CP stages available.

Soap - I forgot about Japes, because I usually don't use sheik on that stage. Its a good stage for sheik although I don't like it vs spacies. Its too easy for Fox too run away and camp you and falco has some random tricks on that stage and can camp well there too.

Raynex - I agree Fox/Falco generally have the advantage anywhere vs sheik. I think Spacie players generally should just ban whatever stage they are personally uncomfortable on. Spacies can do a lot of things vs sheik on Battlefield however I choose to CP battlefield vs spacies because of two reasons

a) I love the stage, its one of my personal favorites and I feel very comfortable on it. Sheik also gains the option of hitting characters under the stage as a bonus.

b) The "Battlefield" effect on the edge barely affects sheik. All you would have to do to eliminate the edge glitch or whatever is to let go the control stick moments after you perform Vanish. Which if you play sheik you would already do because to perform the Vanish ledgestall you have to let go of the control stick.

Fox is a monster on PS its a total uphill battle >_>. I usually ban it vs fox.

Cia

das kwl
this is going to sound crazy, but i like fighting fox on stadium (except for when the mountain comes ¬_¬) but when the stage is normal or on the water part its cool. so i guess it's random..

i just hate pokemon stadium as a neutral.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
this is going to sound crazy, but i like fighting fox on stadium (except for when the mountain comes ¬_¬) but when the stage is normal or on the water part its cool. so i guess it's random..

i just hate pokemon stadium as a neutral.
You like fighting Peach with your ICz

The definition of crazy in a webster dictionary is a picture of you :laugh:

<3

soap

Smash Hero

Spawn - Falco has gay D-air tricks on FoD and I prefer not to take Falco there. Its a preference thing I don't mind it too much but it can take a stock if you aren't careful.

I agree that brinstar doesn't automatically mean you win but vs fox its one of the few CP stages available.

Soap - I forgot about Japes, because I usually don't use sheik on that stage. Its a good stage for sheik although I don't like it vs spacies. Its too easy for Fox too run away and camp you and falco has some random tricks on that stage and can camp well there too.

Raynex - I agree Fox/Falco generally have the advantage anywhere vs sheik. I think Spacie players generally should just ban whatever stage they are personally uncomfortable on. Spacies can do a lot of things vs sheik on Battlefield however I choose to CP battlefield vs spacies because of two reasons

a) I love the stage, its one of my personal favorites and I feel very comfortable on it. Sheik also gains the option of hitting characters under the stage as a bonus.

b) The "Battlefield" effect on the edge barely affects sheik. All you would have to do to eliminate the edge glitch or whatever is to let go the control stick moments after you perform Vanish. Which if you play sheik you would already do because to perform the Vanish ledgestall you have to let go of the control stick.

Fox is a monster on PS its a total uphill battle >_>. I usually ban it vs fox.
i find it easy to trap foxy on japes, its three islands, once he gets to one side hes got bairs and explosions to get through before hes free. throw him in the water and....:laugh: falco is definitely better than fox there, but needles **** his random overb tricks if u r expecting it.

Fountain is good for falco i think, he gains alotta mobility + combo potential with the platforms too and he can still laser if hes comfortable with the level. its even though

battlefield is sooo good what are u talking about. just cuz fox can edgeguard u the same way he can on every other level? u can still reach a platform btw, prevents usmash atleast.
-janky ledge for everyone but u
-easy weak bair spike push em under the level kills
-platforms perfectly spaced for needle spam, with the only overhang central plat that allows run off reverse needle cancel + waveland circles (technically fountain does too, but its too small)
-decent sized blast lines
-janky stage for a janky character

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Part of the reason battlefield sucks for spacies though is because they can't squeeze up+bs and they lose their ability to tech effectively.

:(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
or battlejewed. I know adding jew to the end of every level might be racist but Canada loves it. Lol @ our jew popularization.

I got jewstar comboed on jewstar (brinstar).

jewstar combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsCMU9oHeyw

Corneria is affectionately referred to as Cornjew. The ceiling is so **** low. I'd say Green Greens, but we're trying to turn that into Jew Jew.

soap

Smash Hero
YO im jewish a$$hat, but ur lucky i myself am into vulgar holocaust jokes and such.

I used to work at a jewish deli, this russian kid and I would just make holocaust jokes all the time sometimes loudly offending the customers. He gets off the phone after taking a long order, and yells down the line "YO NATE, I GOT AN ORDER HERE THE SIZE OF SCHINDLER'S LIST!" and this woman just stares at us, and i burst out laughing, rofl...good times.

but im so over generic corny "haha u got jewed" jokes though, but its canada, u guys r usually behind the times

edit- that combo was sick

ac its cool, i basically live in this thread. i might go to that i heard forward was going, i gotta mm him again

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
YO im jewish a$$hat, but ur lucky i myself am into vulgar holocaust jokes and such.

I used to work at a jewish deli, this russian kid and I would just make holocaust jokes all the time sometimes loudly offending the customers. He gets off the phone after taking a long order, and yells down the line "YO NATE, I GOT AN ORDER HERE THE SIZE OF SCHINDLER'S LIST!" and this woman just stares at us, and i burst out laughing, rofl...good times.

but im so over generic corny "haha u got jewed" jokes though, but its canada, u guys r usually behind the times

edit- that combo was sick
lol my bad.

Canada is always on top of things. :D

Its not generic and corny jews are FUNNY DAMMIT. jkjk

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Just wondering, Any of you guys going to SMYM 9 in Feb.? I would like to play all of you who would be going so I could get better. =D

soap

Smash Hero
i beat his rusty *** in winners :bee:. But i think its cuz he counterpicked me to battlefield....my favorite level.

he beat me later in losers by taking me to brinstar, it was really hard to bair him cuz he like crouches and hides in the slopes and crevices in the level.

FlipX

Smash Ace
What makes this jew conversation even more funny is that there is an advertisement in the ad box on top that deals with meeting/dating other jewish people, and the guy looks exactly like soap =P

soap

Smash Hero
hey dude, i needed the money, leave me alone

yo flip u nver post in the sheik boards sup with that? good **** in those teams money matches yesterday, we did work.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I can't believe how well my Jewstar meme spread X.X It was just something I started saying because of all the gay combos I did there. Lololol Raynex, D-air -> Lava -> Up-smash -> N-air -> Knee on your Ganon xD <3 <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This thread is full of a lotttt of win.

Cia

das kwl
sheik dittos are 50:50.. although some sheiks DO have a slight advantage against sheik.

stick with sheik (i, personally, love when people use fox against my sheik..) just Dthrow.. A LOT. throw some Fairs in there. needles wouldn't hurt either.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
sheik dittos are 50:50.. although some sheiks DO have a slight advantage against sheik.

stick with sheik (i, personally, love when people use fox against my sheik..) just Dthrow.. A LOT. throw some Fairs in there. needles wouldn't hurt either.
ya its really werid i always told my bother sheik vs sheik is a gay match in which sheik ***** sheik:laugh: of course its 50 50 but hey man i usually f tilt to f tilt to f tilt to f air:laugh: i grap every so often and neddles of course i wish i could get a video in here but oh well. funny thing my brother is a fox main and cant stand playing sheik :laugh: i told him well your pretty technical just you know do what fox does combo me:laugh:

but thanks man :)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
cc dtilt = the whole matchup
na it doesnt help me bro if i do that i usaully eat a d smash :(
well i know i can handle the match up its just well i dunno sheik is just so very broken
oh and i usually cc d smashes so it sets up for the edge guard and ya we all know its easy to edge guard sheik

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

lmao.

its a ditto. neither character has an advantage because its the same character.

wow, thats some awesome logic right there.

You have to be either really gay, or grossly better to be able to win this match-up. Sheik dittos are usually determined by who uses dthrow more, who CCs more, and who knows how to actually edge-guard other Sheiks AS Sheik.

Top Bottom