• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no elven, it's grammatically correct to assume the sex of someone you don't know is male, and i obviously don't know his gender

vanz i gotta ask cause there's a vanz in norcal who is female and uses sheik too

plus you mained peach before, didn't you?

Cia

das kwl
no elven, it's grammatically correct to assume the sex of someone you don't know is male, and i obviously don't know his gender

vanz i gotta ask cause there's a vanz in norcal who is female and uses sheik too

plus you mained peach before, didn't you?
yeah, that's my west coast twin Vans lol

but i change my mains very frequently (not even kidding) sometimes, It's Peach, ICz, Young Link, Sheik. right now, it's puff because for some reason, tri-state sucks against Puff :laugh:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ahahaha, i like how you intentionally tell me as little about you as possible in order to possibly make me care

you really gotta get better at trolling, dude. you can't troll the master troll.
kewl stuff

Vanz - You're sheik is so gay.

I think I got every gay tactic from you
you know what, though?
sometimes gay wins :\
actually, often.

Cia

das kwl
I would like to think I'm not that bad vs Puff :(.

I'm okay at the match up :p

You only beat me cuz you usually **** me :(
i didn't mean you, i meant all the people that asked for jiggz practice so they can beat mango @ genesis :laugh:

you're crew battle win was against puff = you're a puff slayer :[

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
soap we need friendlies at SCOTUS on sunday :)

i want to play your cool sheik

soap

Smash Hero
o wow thanks for reminding me. that snuck up quick

in that case i need to get work done in advance

what is the melee turnout looking like? i cant tell with the mixed thread

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
SCOTU
Levitas
Bowyer
-Shaeden
Juggleguy
Anther (i'm sure he is)
lain (i'm sure he is too)
Junglefever
Biggy (who you all bringing?)

HoChiMinh Trail
-Trevor(?)
-Dope(?)
Drephen (?)
Watty(?)
4% APR
Cactuarz
Needle Of Juntah

these are the ones that i know play melee...iknow a couple people who arent on this list that are coming fo rmelee too :/

chun1

Smash Apprentice
so how bad is the mario and doc mario match up? i've always had mixed results with this match up. the doc players say it's a **** match up against them, but a lot of sheik players think it's even. i have scattered experience with this one. tips? tricks?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i dont like it myself either, im pretty sure its in shieks favor but boss and dj nintendo ***** me with them at spawns tournament so dunno

soap

Smash Hero
i think sheik ***** it with patient spacing

ive lost to eighteenspikes before, but i still think she should win

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the main advantage docs and marios have: character matchup experience.
once you learn doc's speed and range, and when it's safe to do what against him, the matchup becomes just another easy one to handle, although the chaingrab-->fsmash can hurt. mario isn't really a threat though since he can barely kill...

Razor

Smash Journeyman
the main advantage docs and marios have: character matchup experience.
once you learn doc's speed and range, and when it's safe to do what against him, the matchup becomes just another easy one to handle, although the chaingrab-->fsmash can hurt. mario isn't really a threat though since he can barely kill...
well put.

you have to DI his throws properly and avoid the pills. it's about 60-40 in sheik's favor. It's not ****--def not ****. both doc and mario can approach sheik fairly well and also camp in their shield(upb and nair out of shield is mad homo).

sheik's nair off the ledge kills doc's upb recovery, a simple edgeguard. dthrow to slap works, dthrow to upsmash works with bad di, and doc's range sucks.

a defensive/campy/overly careful sheik will typically have trouble with this matchup. doc will just spam them pills and mario has slightly faster moves. just keep on attacking and you'll do fine. i saw p vs shroom today on youtube and realized that defensive tactics work against your favor if you don't konw the matchup. the sad part is that p showed moments of being an experienced player. p might even be better than shroom but he let shroom dictate the match. poorly played.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i saw p vs shroom today on youtube and realized that defensive tactics work against your favor if you don't konw the matchup. the sad part is that p showed moments of being an experienced player. p might even be better than shroom but he let shroom dictate the match. poorly played.
mentality, keeping cool, controlling the tone and pace of a match, and moreover controlling your opponent are part of what makes someone a good player.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I really wish I knew what happened in the past four days or the last three pages or whatever :(.

LOL at Vanz saying dthrow -> fair all day vs Mario.

How about just push buttons? jk jk

How to fight mario:

Push buttons that doesn't get you grabbed.

Top Bottom