• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
Kirby mains should switch characters then.

Don't quote someone if you're making a generalized statement.

The truth is that you will continue to do poorly with other's characters because you wasted possibly a year playing someone who is going to get banned.
You think that a pro couldn't pick up the next best thing and ****? Sure, sometimes, mid tiers can do some ****. See: Jwong's Rufus, or Lee Martin's CARIOOOOO.

It's not the character, it's the player. It's like you're saying Van Halen are only good musicians cause they're equipment is expensive.

I'd probably beat you with my Samus.

If you look at the later results you will see EXTREMELY talented players like RoyR and DMG that would definetly place MUCH HIGHER without the meta. Lee martin wouldn't have beaten CO18 without MK for example, as CO wrecked his lucario. The majority of this part of the bracket was MK dittos anyway, but if the players werent using MK who knows how it would've turned out.

That's a horrible assumption, that all the best players use MK......
That's that meatriding right there.

Nic64

Smash Lord
WRONG.
Did you even watch the stream?
Co killed Lee.
Then Lee got pissed and switched to Metaknight.
He won the last match by 2 percent on a time out.
On top of that, he was a spamy Metaknight.
If Lee did not go Metaknight, co would have beat him.
MK is his anti-DDD CP, without MK, he could pick Falco up to do the same job except better. This argument is flawed because you're assuming that without MK, Someone just accepts their bad matchup and doesn't counterpick...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Marth will benefit from the ban the most, but thats not why I am for it. Theres no way I can say how I feel about MK either without sounding like an *** to the anti-ban people so I wont say anything at all.
Speak up friend.

Its not so much as how a character will benefit from MKs ban. Its, how much the game is more balance. I wanna bring things up and down so everything fits.

This thread is on fire. You all type fast.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK is so fun to both use and fight against. :)

If you look at the later results you will see EXTREMELY talented players like RoyR and DMG that would definetly place MUCH HIGHER without the meta.
Roy_R lost to DSF's Dedede after beating his MK.

lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
how do u know there gonna ban him. they might just say "forget the polls were not banning him. he is apart of the game and if u aren't good enough to beat him even though hes beatable like all the other characters, then tough."
I never said I know they are gona bann him. I said they should to find out if he is the real problem of not. Learn to comprehend what is going on.

I honestly could not care where he stays or not. I dont think meta should be banned. But with this problem, he has to go for a while to see if it is meta or rhe player. Again, SBR needs to take this seriously. Or else the hell is the point of making these threads and having a poll?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Sf4 is a completely different game. If you're going to tell people to quit Brawl and play SF4 you may as well be telling them to go play Halo.

The basic split in the community here seems to be that we need to decide between whether can ban MK just because we **** well feel like it. The majority of the community seems to want to, but we don't need to.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rufus is not mid tier. wtf.

Dude is high tier, easily.

And you can't compare SF4 to Brawl really in terms of balance.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ok, SL I love you but he said VIABLE characters.

Only Marth and MAYBE Luigi fit that description honestly out of the characters you mentioned.
**** I was hoping to get away with it.
=(

fine fine
viable characters that have KM as their worst matchup right?

Marth
Luigi (if you wish to count him)
Lucario? (out on a limb here)
Toon Link?
G&W

I TRIED!

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
No, you were right. Olimar versus Meta Knight is an unwinnable match-up if the Meta Knight knows what he/she is doing and doesn't mess up doing it. In fact, without Meta Knight Olimar would probably rise even further in the tournament scene.
this debate is pointless. the sbr doesnt have the guts to ban him even if he deserved to get banned. MK shouldnt get banned becasue he is not unbeatble and most of his matchups with good characters r 60/40 anyway.

Snare

Smash Lord
sbr commit to a ban or not a ban, please don't bring up the same poll 3 times and hope for a magic answer. I don't care either way (even though i voted no to the ban), but make up your mind, stick to your decession, and stop carring what the general public thinks, were mostly made up of tards anyways.

things like this are why people start to lose faith in brawl and the back room.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
MK is his anti-DDD CP, without MK, he could pick Falco up to do the same job except better. This argument is flawed because you're assuming that without MK, Someone just accepts their bad matchup and doesn't counterpick...
No.
You don't know Co.
Co is an expert on fighting Falco (ask Red Halberd).
He has no trouble fighting them.
But when a metaknight goes spamy, and barely wins the match by hitting you last second and getting you 2% over them, this does not show skill, this shows abusing cheap tactics of a broken character.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I suppose I did misunderstand your point about "not being able to do something". Sorry about that.

I'm starting to get hungry and will head out soon so I will summarize my case as best as I can. I know my wording can be a little confusing at times which can potentially make my posts seem very unclear.

Here goes:
I am arguing that predetermined matchup numbers aren't very important because there are two things that make them ultimately inaccurate and/or irrelevant when it comes to the match at hand.

1. I claim that matchup numbers aren't important in the case of MK vs. D tier and below because it is visually clear that MK completely outclasses all of these characters. Matchup numbers aren't even needed to see who is dominant in the matchup; It is obvious that MK is.

2. I also claim that matchup numbers aren't important in the case of MK vs SOME of C tier and above because at high levels of play it really does come down to the players' performance in the actual match at hand and their own personal comfort with the matchup. My example is that Leepuff claims the GnW/MK matchup to be 50/50, but not all other GnW players (top or not) claim the same; The same applies to Atomsk's claim that the DDD/MK matchup is 50/50. These are their own beliefs on the matchups because of their own personal comfort and experience with them. The difficulty of the matchups are subjective to the individual players, which in turn makes any predetermined matchup numbers inaccurate and/or irrelevent to the actual match at hand. It gets hard to numerically judge the matchups between the higher tier characters at a top level of play because it really does come down to the players. The difference of opinion between top level players on matchup difficulty proves it.

I never said that matchup numbers are totally irrelevant in all cases excluding MK; That was never part of my argument. My argument pertains to the unimportance of matchup numbers in general, and applies to the entire roster.
Ok, so you were saying the exact opposite of what I thought you said. Then I'm at fault here.

Then, I suppose you are right.

Ru-fi-o

sbr commit to a ban or not a ban, please don't bring up the same poll 3 times and hope for a magic answer. I don't care either way (even though i voted no to the ban), but make up your mind, stick to your decession, and stop carring what the general public thinks, were mostly made up of tards anyways.

sbr get *****. That includes Ninjalink, cause he's back there! haha, Ninjalink, hahahahaha

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Speak up friend.

Its not so much as how a character will benefit from MKs ban. Its, how much the game is more balance. I wanna bring things up and down so everything fits.

This thread is on fire. You all type fast.
Everything I have to say, people already know. Everything that is needed to be known, is known.

To be honest, I dont know what were actually waiting for....lets end this ****

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Rufus is not mid tier. wtf.

Dude is high tier, easily.

And you can't compare SF4 to Brawl really in terms of balance.
Are you saying that SF4 is more balance?

You were the one who said quit brawl for SF4. Where people just ***** sagat all day. Which is no difference IMO because I'm almost certain sagat has no bad match ups long range two projectiles high and low an anti air and tiger knee. There's prob more stuff also.

Ru-fi-o

It's funny how metaknights who use too much UpB are spammy. Even though there's ample time to punish.

Don't you dare know the olimar who's grabbed you 40 times, though.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Marth will benefit from the ban the most, but thats not why I am for it. Theres no way I can say how I feel about MK without sounding like an *** to the anti-ban people so I wont say anything at all.
Pretty much what you are saying is. Because metaknight is the best character in the game and one of marth's worst match up he should be banned.

If you went by that logic with every other character you would only have like gannondorf and falcon left. Just because your worst match up happens to be the best character in the game doesn't mean he should be banned.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
A rotting vegetable can play Brawl. I'm not sure if you comprehend exactly how overly forgiving and easy Brawl is.

They are not significantly harder. They simply take significantly more dedication to be good with. And honestly, basing that on Brawl standards is nothing to be intimidated by.

Of course most of you people who have been spoon fed all your lives by Mario and Nintendo wouldn't know anything about actual practice. Trying, dedication or practice are just not in your vocabulary.
I have practiced brawl quite a bit, going to tournaments, playing amongst friends, finding people to play with, reading guides, talking to people about strats, combos, and all that good stuff, I was wrong when I said harder. It takes more dedication to play SF4 and other games like it.

You always get me Ulevo :)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Everything I have to say, people already know. Everything that is needed to be known, is known.

To be honest, I dont know what were actually waiting for....lets end this ****
only the 1st person to cast the stone would host a mk banned tourney in FL. enough *****ing, just have a TO host one already instead of following what SBR would decide, that's just conforming to what people say

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice

sure like the sbr r so great. there a bunch a people with time on their hands. the sbr r just people who know the owner of the site. dont take them too seriously. and anyway u r right though, but its too early too tell if MK should be banned. i doubt everyone is gonna follow the ban.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
rufio: Ok, from the way you post...Smugness with a smidgen of self-importance...yeah, I'm gonna say you are DmBrandon.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
AND ILL BE ****ING ****ED IF I SIT AND LISTEN TO MIDWEST PLAYERS TELL ME MK IS BROKEN WHEN THEIR REGION IS RUN OVER BY A POKEMON AND LITTLE ****ING MOUNTAINEERS.

eat me
I found this post really funny for some reason.

Ulevo

Smash Master

You were the one who said quit brawl for SF4. Where people just ***** sagat all day. Which is no difference IMO because I'm almost certain sagat has no bad match ups long range two projectiles high and low an anti air and tiger knee. There's prob more stuff also.
There could have been a multitude of reasons for him suggesting SFIV. Of course you take it like face value and assume he insinuates its a good plan because of no Meta Knight. Tsk.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
If Mk were to get banned, I see an increase in R.O.B. mains across the map. Mk is the only match up that really gives R.O.B. extreme trouble. Because of Mk I doubt a R.O.B. will ever get top 10 in a national tourney. I'm not saying its not possible, and I'm not saying Mk should be banned just to benefit R.O.B. or any other characters who are used frequently in tournament play who suffer vs. him. I'm just saying because of Mk there has been a decrease of R.O.B. mains (Overswarm) , and those who still main R.O.B. have a lower chance of placing well. At least those without a secondary to deal with these 50:50, 60:40 match ups.

Like I said earlier, I don't really care if Mk gets banned or not, I'll still be playing the game one way or another. :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

Big difference. SF4 was MADE to be competitive. If Sagat whiffs something he will feel pain.

If Sagat gets really predictable, he will feel some pain.

Sagat being the best is WAY different from MK being the best. You would have to play a traditional fighter to really understand.

Also Sagat has quite a few even match-ups with GOOD characters.

Also the best players in the world in SF4 don't play Sagat. Just saying.

Sky`

Smash Lord

QFT.

But I'm pretty sure that the results have changed dramatically since the first poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom