• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

should the wavedashing code be allowed in tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
This isn't a thread about whether you like or hate Brawl. It's about tournaments using the wavedash code. Stay on topic plz.

As I said, people will do what they want. If enough people want to have Brawlee tournys, let them. It doesn't effect those who despise hacks and like traditional Brawl. It will never be THE standard. WHY CAN'T YOU ANTI HACK PEOPLE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK-SKULLS!

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a thread about wheth:(er you like or hate Brawl. It's about tournaments using the wavedash code. Stay on topic plz.

As I said, people will do what they want. If enough people want to have Brawlee tournys, let them. It doesn't effect those who despise hacks and like traditional Brawl. It will never be THE standard. WHY CAN'T YOU ANTI HACK PEOPLE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK-SKULLS!
My bad, I fell for the bait. Sorry about that. :(

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
FBM; when I said it made Brawl "better", I was referring to our cause; those of us who want it to be more like Melee, those of us who want more techniques to make the game more competitive in our eyes.
Going by that, yes, this makes Brawl better. A lot of people want to see Brawl as close to Melee as possible; even big-name Melee pros. Like I said; I know Bum (and Chibo) will want to host tournies with this hack, and any other hack that would make the game more competitive (in our eyes, remember that). I know very, very, very many people that would go to these tournies, as well.
:]

Ah, and by the way.
I won't ever force my opinion on someone else.
So you can calm down a little. :]

-Nox`

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
one thing people have to understand is that the code isn't even close to finalized.. it needs to have a council of people that agree upon rules. there are many kinks to iron out.. the distance the airdodge sends characters can even be put up to debate....

K 2

Smash Lord
Washdashing should defiantly NOT be allowed in tournaments. Not everyone has access to the homebrew channel and not everyone wants to hack their wii. I have a simple solution for everyone who wants more hitstun, l-cancelling, and wavedashing...play Melee idiots. This is brawl. I've spent the past 6 months airdodging multiple times and grabbing the stage backwards. Brawl is NOT melee 2.0. Stop with the wavedashing thing!!!! ahhhhh!!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, no more rising air dodges? garbage. will this make yoshi DJC now? kinda stupid since I got used to him without it. Yeah just listen to K2 and go play melee (it has mewtwo anyway so yayz) sure i liked melee but I got over it pretty quick so everyone should be able to adjust

manhunter098

Smash Lord
This really isnt that viable for tournaments. It alters a massive amount of the metagame since you can only do a single air dodge. Playing Brawl with or without wavedashing would be a completely different game. Basically this would have to be an entirely player base than Brawl, which means we would probably need a new forum and everything for them because the metagame really would be THAT different.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I never even noticed this thread here. Go talk about this in the thread in the General Brawl boards. This doesn't need its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom