• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed Kevin. The no kill is interesting as well... I wonder if it was part of the yakuza's ability or if it was a doc save

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
never mind boo. looking at the yakuza role that means the scumbags picked someone up last night? that sucks. he was obvious as hell and would've been lynched today

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ok i tried looking it up on MS but couldnt find anything

but what is Yakuza in terms of mafia?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
A yakuza is a mafia member who(obviously once during the game) can "sacrifice" himself, which results in the yakuza dying, and the person they targetted being converted into mafia.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
**** I wonder who got Yakd.
terrible acting. who's scum?

i KNEW at least one scumbag was pushing the bull**** "marshy is scummy for not pushing the protective role lynch". still exceedingly annoyed that we didn't lynch riddle yesterday now. we had him pegged. ugh

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Anyways since I realized how small this game is, I'm claiming now.

I'm a cop, and I got a guilty on Junglefever last night.

So yeah

vote Jungle

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is interesting ... by I the end of D1 I got around to realize that Riddle is scum/needs to die but at that point it was already too late. His arguments against me/rockin were horrible and full of WIFOM. I guess scum expected him to be the play for toDay so they decided to sacrifice him for somebody else...probably a wise desicion. Due to the flips of Cacti/Riddle a lot of the things I said yesterday look wrong in retrospect. Though I need to look at things harder because I feel like I'm missing something major.

Frozen you said neither Cacti nor Riddle were the play for D1 but both are dead now, one of them being scum. Any thoughts? Still suspicious of Kevin? Be more vocal please.

Jungle who are your suspects. As far as I can see most of your post were always about Cacti. Mind sharing your few on other players as well?

McFox, I'm still waiting for you to post your scumlist. Did the results change your view? Are you going to be more constructiv toDay?

Right now I'm most suspicious of Steel. His reasoning for voting Riddle was poor and could've easily been just a move of scum to gain credibility. Apparently he could point out "10 scumtells in everything Cacti posts" but still prefer to vote Riddle. After Cacti's claim he kept nudging without voting him, which is a typical scum move: being the driving force behind a BW/lynch but then not actually vote him until later. It's really strange how mentos has to "convince" Steel to vote Cacti when Steel has been nudging his claim and pointing out scumtells anyways. Doesn't make sense.
His reasoning in general was pretty lacking. Most of the times he justified his claims with "getting scum vibes" or "getting town vibes" without actually elaborating. His suggestion that McFox is probably town is also misleading as there is no reason at all to assume this. That's good enough to get my vote for now.

Vote Steel

I'm really not sure what to think of others now. Kevin/Marshy look a lot less suspicious now, so I guess McFox/Scumfever are next in line of suspicions. After D1 I was pretty sure that mentos/rockin were town, especially rockin but with those nigh actions things are a lot more difficult.

:059:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i agree that steel looks more suspicious after riddle's flip

vote scumfever

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You're investigation is straight up wrong.

Let's say you are cop. The only cop in Springfield is Officer Wiggum, who would be well known for fudging up his investigations, would you not agree? I think it's very likely you are a paranoid cop, or in the case of this being the simpsons, and Mac being Mac, a "Stupid" cop, where theres a chacne you're claim will just be wrong.

I can claim if you'd like me to though.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I already said my reason for voting Riddle. I voted him to PRESSURE him and to see if I or anyone could pick up any more town/scum tells depending on how he played with focus on him. Nothing he said convinced me that I should unvote him, however I unvoted once Mentos convinced me that lynching the protective role was the smart move. I didn't immediately hop over to Cacti either, I made multiple posts arguing on whether it was a smart move or not. But once the theory for the situation was thoroughly explained it made sense to me.

I think Mcfox is probably town simply because he's doing a good job scum hunting from my point of view. By no means am I clearing him.

I haven't helped today yet but I will once I'm able to do some rereading.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nevermind I'm down for a jungle wagon even if there's no cop. As I said he's right next in line after steel and needs to die. We can look at Steel tomorrow.

vote scumfever

You don't need to claim because your post is crap. There are 11 players and Flanders already was a semi-investigator so there will certainly not be some other weird stupid/insane/whatever/cop. He is either cop or not cop but unless we have a CC then I believe him. Doesn't matter cuz I want you dead either way.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Agreed Kevin. The no kill is interesting as well... I wonder if it was part of the yakuza's ability or if it was a doc save
can't be. We lynched our doc, remember?

You're investigation is straight up wrong.

Let's say you are cop. The only cop in Springfield is Officer Wiggum, who would be well known for fudging up his investigations, would you not agree? I think it's very likely you are a paranoid cop, or in the case of this being the simpsons, and Mac being Mac, a "Stupid" cop, where theres a chacne you're claim will just be wrong.

I can claim if you'd like me to though.
Even though, there are other cops in the show that do more of a decent job then officer Wiggum. Still, I doubt the flavor would change anything in terms of roles.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rockin, so you think Cacti was our only protective role? After all he can't even protect PRs ... besides I'm not buying scumfever's claim at all. It's just a safeclaim Mac gave him (most likely).

Nobody hammer jungle now day 2 has just started

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
wtf why would maggie be a tracker?

your claim is complete BS if nobody CCs Kevin. Why would there be a tracker, a cop AND flanders? Either you or kevin is lying.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Because, I'm small and can travel around undetected. Have you never watched this show?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I watch the show all the time ... I'm really unsure now.

Marshy, can you confirm Jungle's N1 action?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, so you think Cacti was our only protective role? After all he can't even protect PRs ... besides I'm not buying scumfever's claim at all. It's just a safeclaim Mac gave him (most likely).

Nobody hammer jungle now day 2 has just started

It's possible. I'm treating it as though he was our only doctor. It wouldn't make much sense for there to be two docs in the game, even though the type of docs are different (example: one doctor and one paranoid doctor)

And I'm unsure to believe in the tracker stuff jf has said, even though he claimed maggie.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If I investigated a guilty would I have gotten an Ino.

Also I'm not Officer Wiggums.

I'm Lou, of the Eddy and Lou gang, the springfield police officers.

He's the Sergeant and is from his wiki MORE competent then Wiggums.

On the right.

That guy.

Way to try and undue my claim before its made, looking scummier by the minute.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
EBWOP the first line was supposed to have a question mark.

I was just told I was a cop, I still think you're lying. Especially since you tried to break my claim down before I even claimed. It seems more like scum trying to cover up their tracks then an actual defense.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nevermind I'll keep my vote on Jungle. If he flips town then Kevin's been lying but I don't think it's a big loss. With Kev's claim backing it up and no CCs coming I don't see a reason to unvote scumfever...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I won't post an entire scumlist, but I will say that steel is probably at the top of my list right now, simply because he keeps saying that he thinks I'm town. Once is okay, but it's come up several times now. Not that I'm saying I don't want to be trusted, but what I am saying is that for the mafia, it's usually a good idea to defend someone who other people are suspicious of, since you know that they are town. That way when that person flips, they can say "I told you guys he was innocent, now listen to me because I have other suggestions."

As for the recent claims, I'm more inclined to believe Kev. I mean, this is the first sentence on his profile on the Simpsons wiki:

"Lou is a police sergeant, and, by far, the most intelligent and competent officer of the Springfield Police."

That doesn't seem like a paranoid/stupid/whatever cop to me. And the fact that jungle tried to discredit Kev before he claimed isn't good either.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Huh? Didn't I say that ONCE? It keeps coming up because people keep asking about it. I said that when I was going over some random people after a reread.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Seriously, what is it that makes me look scum? The reasons thus far are terrible.

Gheb's post lacked a LOT of detail of what happened in between and why I made my decisions which I already explained before he posted that, and both he and mcfox bring up that I said mcfox looked town, something I said after a simple reread when I was going through the players. I did not clear him at all.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Just reread, and you're right, you've only said it once. It just seems like more because various people keep bringing me up to other people, instead of to, you know, me.

So put jungle at the top of my list now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I won't post an entire scumlist, but I will say that steel is probably at the top of my list right now, simply because he keeps saying that he thinks I'm town. Once is okay, but it's come up several times now. Not that I'm saying I don't want to be trusted, but what I am saying is that for the mafia, it's usually a good idea to defend someone who other people are suspicious of, since you know that they are town. That way when that person flips, they can say "I told you guys he was innocent, now listen to me because I have other suggestions."
I think this is also why he kept his vote on Riddle for a while but then jumped the Cacti wagon after nudging him/his claim - he wanted to gain credibility/pro-town achievements he could later refer back to if somebody questions his alignment sometime later.
Just to make sure: I never said that Steel registered "town vibes " from you more than once. This seems to be pretty irrelevant however because mentioning it more than once doesn't amplify it anyway (to me at least).

With Kev's claim Jungle > Steel toDay though. I still want to hear something from mentos/frozen on the whole Jungle/Steel issue because nobody seems to be opposed to a Steel lynch. I don't think that his scumbuddy would bus him in such a situation, which leaves me wondering why nobody seems to be against lynching steel. I think this is something we should take into consideration before we end the day. In fact we can keep the status quo with our votes and keep on discussing other issues until we hit the deadline. Let's not rush this day if we have such a likely lynch candidate this early. We should just keep Jungle at L-2 and once we hit the deadline he'll be lynched. Meanwhile we can get our priorities straight for the next day or see if we can get a good idea on how our PRs (if there are any left) should proceed in the night. Any attempt for a quicklynch should be considered scummy from now on because it's not in town's interest to end the day any time soon.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Horrible.

What if I left my vote on Riddle? You could easily just say I went and bussed him due to the suspicions that were already cast. I really feel as if you are reaching.

Anyway, I'll start some rereading now so I can start being useful again.

Top Bottom