• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
What I mean is more like:

Can fox do anything to stop us from simply pecking him out of fair and resetting the situation if not make it worse?

And why it seems like shinestalling is useless if fox isn't already near the edge.

Well anyways, you can forget about this question, I'm just going to see if I can find a few vids.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
ERK

thought this was the QnA thread by accident

ignore ignore lol.

btw if the fox is just standing there.

most likely they're just waiting for you to do something so they can dash in and upsmash

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
My problem with fox is starting the game out on the right foot. How do we get damage on him early he falls way do **** fast and punishes heavily at early percents.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I actually second that notion, I got some recent experience from someone who pretty much picked him up and ***** w/ him.

Not to mention I have a decent weegee as well

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LUIGI IS GAY

not too opposed to discussing him but I rather do rob tbh since I can actually go in depth with that one.

Luigi is really just.

play gay and super safe and never take any risks and abuse his weaknesses HARD and as much as you can.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Well what are some of Luigis weaknesses? But I want the ROB more. I need that match up and fast. I'm playing a tourny tomorrow with the best ROB in FL and I want some advice. We're prob going to crew battle first. Swamp Nigas vs Naples Crew

Swamp line up
Mink - ZSS
DWho? - Lucario
FGCU Viper - Falco

Naples
****** - ROB
m!x - Snake
SuperWolf - MK.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I know you guys already moved on from fox already, but I thought I'd enter my thoughts here real quick because I main fox and have a strong second in lucario. This is a 55/45 or 50/50 in my opinion with lucario at the advantage if you ask me. The both have decently strong weaknesses to each other, but it balances out. Fox can be gimped by lucario in the right situation, has a chain grab, and a the givens like aura boost and such. Fox has the reflector, which if you use a fully charged aura sphere at point blank like most lucarios like to do as a suprise and you have ANY aura boost, it WILL kill you at 80% because it multiplies the damage and knock-back by 1.5 so don't mess up there. Also fox is very good at taking advantage of slow fallers like lucario. He hits you when you are trying to touch down, don't waste that double jump fox also eliminates lucarios high percent aura boost because he kills him very early compared to most others. Fox on the other hand is a glass canon. He kills early, but dies very early. As lucario, even your tilts will kill him at decently low % if they are fresh with your aura boost. Your main weapons against fox are going to be Dair. fair and jab and ofcourse throws. The name of the game here will be keeping fox at bay until in killing range. Smashing is a bad idea against fox because of his speed, making PSing easy with heavy punishing. Fox will be using his speed to get through your defences, he will be using his fair, u-tilt, dair, dash attack, and up smash. He uses pressure to make you take a defensive measure (like rolling or jumping away) and thats where he gets you. Don't roll, instead keep a three character length from him at all times so he can't make you don what he wants.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I guess we could always do a double special if people are up to posting for both.

ROB and Luigi, I'm fairly confident in my knowledge of both of these at this point.

Steam

Smash Hero
so basically, RoB's going to generally outspace us. Ftilt, Fair, and bair are all excellent for keeping us out and he outcamps us to boot. and once we get in it isn't so easy because RoB has both Dtilt and Dsmash which outspeed our shiz. where we really **** him is when we actually get in on him. We juggle the crap out of him and can get big damage off of Fair strings. Offstage RoB can do loads of damage by hitting us out over and over. his upB keeps him offstage a long time and he falls at the exact same speed. Recovering low actually isn't a bad idea in this matchup because rob can't do much to people below him.

RoB's Ftilt is very good fast and has good range but Dash shielding can work well against it and we can pivot Fsmash it if we predict it.

RoB's Fair is only good if we're in the air, otherwise we can punish him with an OOS aerial.

Bair is kinda unpunishable on shield from my experience. though you can punish it with DT (wouldn't recomend it though)

Aura sphere is actually pretty good in this matchup. they can punish a lot of things he can do. I've gotten many AS kills on RoB when he was firing his laser and I AS'd at the same time. BAS's are pretty good for disrupting his camping game for the same reason.

RoB also has a very hard time killing us. Fsmash isn't so fast and doesn't have good range. Dsmash can be DI'd. and Upsmash is easily avoided with Dair stalls and B-reversals. we can get to god mode pretty easily on him and due to how easy rob is to juggle/rack damage on we can give him the **** pretty hard.

also if there's a gyro in your way just Dash PS it unless RoB's like right there.

50-50 IMO. RoB keeps us out and ***** offstage but he can't kill us and we can give him the ****

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Pretty much this

watch out for gyro shenanigans offstage, they're really dangerous if you aren't being smart around them.

Also, don't AD or momentum cancel after throws, ROB's can sometimes fire a strong laser at higher percents to kill you or to just rack up free damage.

I actually like A/AA -> utilt sometimes, it's pretty cool against ROB.

Also be aware that getting out of ROB dsmash is stupid b/c if you pop out of it most of the time he can just dsmash you again lulz. If there's a ROB that leans on dsmashing a lot, wait for a pattern (especially if they're bad and they like spotdodge lol), or outspace it -> AS. If you're in, get out of there and replan your approach.

Don't sleep on a ROB with a gyro held, GT stuff is pretty fast if you're not used to it.

Steam

Smash Hero
@SCIENCE- I've been able to DI out of RoB Dsmash and Dair him for it before :/

maybe at low% it's a bad idea but at higher % you'll get sent far enough away where there's no way to get Dsmashed.

Top Bottom