• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLAST - Smells Like a Smash Tournament: 7/10/2010, Wichita, KS

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

Next Update

Venue Fee
There will be no venue fee for this tournament. However, the first tournament event you enter will cost $15, and any subsequent event will be $10. You will get $5 back if you bring a FULL setup. If you don't quite understand or have a question about this, then pm me.

Cancelation of Melee
Most of the people who wanted Melee decided on a whim to go to a tournament in Lawrence, so I doubt that we will be doing Melee events. I will still have the rules up just in case we decide to do a melee tournament.

Tournament Schedule
Schedule of Events (all in Central Daylight Time)
09:30 AM = Collection of early Entry Fees.
10:00 AM = Doors open. Start setting things up at this time and play your friendlies.
10:30 AM = Registration begins. Stop playing your friendlies and register. Then you can resume friendlies.
11:00 AM = Bracket-Seeding begins. I will call in representatives from each state to look at the bracket. Last chance to play friendlies.
11:30 AM = Brawl and Melee Doubles begin.
03:00 PM = Brawl and Melee Singles begin.
05:30 PM = Wrap up of tournament. I want to see that this venue looks the same way it did before we got there. Got it?
06:00 PM = Exit the venue.
Please be punctual at this tournament and play your matches when it is your turn to play them. I will NOT hesitate to disqualify you if you're six (6) minutes late.
Please be here on time. Please be here on time. Please be here on time.

Equipment
Please bring power strips to this event, as there are not enough outlets to cover for all the setups.

I believe that covers it for this update. The Original Post has also been updated.

resTy

Smash Champion
Seeing as there won't be any (at least average) Melee players going, Imma just go to Lawrence.
Have fun Trent and Rob.
Don't come back unless you win.

Teh Future

Smash Master
dam aff. I would like to team with you but mj is gonna ask d. disciple if he wants to team with me apparently D:

so idk if d. d. has found a teammate then I will but mj said he is prob going to all the events so I would like to keep my teammate plus lucario+mk too funny to pass up

Teh Future

Smash Master
also i would edit that post again but this website is terrible and it would take 120321 minutes to load.

mr. doom I am bringing one full setup. I will try to convince nicole to bring one in her car but idk if she has a tv or not.

I do not have any extension/surge protecters but I hope mr. doom you are personalizing that request to make sure you will have some

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can bring a surge protector with me. I may also need a partner for this event, depending on who from Nebraska besides me and Trent actually end up going.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Gamer Name: Affinity
State: Kansas
Wii? (Yes/No) Yes
SSBB? (Yes/No) Yes
TV? (Yes/No) No
GCN? (Yes/No) No
SSBM? (Yes/No) No

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Didn't realize I had to do this, here:

Name: Watkins
State: Missouri for seeding purposes
Wii: Yes
SSBB: Yes
TV: No
GCN: wtf is this lol, I thought it was gamecube at first but whats the N... fkn acronyms, no regardless
SSBM: Yes

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. GCN stands for GameCube Nintendo. But in Japan, it is abbreviated NGC.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
if dmg cannot find a ride than im out cause i was planning ot use his money to get me there.

CLove

Smash Cadet
Name: Clove
State: ENGLAND
Wii: Yes
SSBB: Yes
TV: No
GCN: No
SSBM: No

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
LOL @ the double post content's application

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hey guys, anyone still need a teammate? I had a maybe with Cook, but he decided he's teaming with Watkins now. So I need one. Lol

The S Word

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, anyone still need a teammate? I had a maybe with Cook, but he decided he's teaming with Watkins now. So I need one. Lol
I need one~
As long as you're fine with double Dedede, since that's probably who I'll be using lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I thought Watkins is teaming with Nicole. What happened?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Is there anyone that would be able to pick me up from MidContinent Airport tomorrow around 10:15am and drive me straight to the venue??

My flight from Madrid is being delayed by 10 ****ing hours, so I won´t be able to get to Wichita tonight. I also won´t have enough time to even go home before the tournament tomorrow morning.

If anyone can pick me up, please let me know ASAP.

If you want to call me anytime tomorrow, call 316.806.7117 and ask for Steven.

Airport Location: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...2,-97.425728&spn=0.064954,0.1684&z=13&iwloc=A

Thanks in advance!!

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I thought Watkins is teaming with Nicole. What happened?
Zeton offered to team with her so we decided it'd be best if she teamed with him since I'm leaving soon and there's little point in me handicapping her circuit points assuming she does just as well with Zeton. Plus, a Peach + Fox team would be pretty fun to watch and I told Andrew I could team with him once before I left .-.

MISSOURI KEEPS YOU GUESSIN

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I need one~
As long as you're fine with double Dedede, since that's probably who I'll be using lol.
Lol, I think I'm teaming with Trent now. Sorry.

Anyways, as **** as a double D3 team would be against some teams, I'm pretty sure it would be absolutely horrid against anyone with a MK :p

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So +1 for TX/MO.

I'm moving to Missouri and I'm timing my move so that I can make the tournament tomorrow lol. The things I do for Brawl.

10Sidetrips!

Top Bottom