• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
x50 times because I hated team battles (sometimes I even quitted because I had no new moves in stock and doing a team battle was more pointless).
I wouldn't mind them as much if they actually gave a crap about the fight. Half the time they're just standing around with a "hit me" sign strapped to their backs.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
I made you some friends.
Please, resend me the codes while allowing copy because I can't edit them and anyway, I made the hair for the mii I use (yeah because even with the mario cap I CAN'T GET, you still see some of his hair).

That is also why I made the color blue because it would fit having the red cap and the blue outfit.

and because the moustach options were poor, I had to use a mouth and upscale it a bit...yeah mii have too much limitations honestly.

But I could at least edit them...so, please, allow copying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no sorry, but that's plainly and pure farming.

At least it sounds that it's more "do a repetitive task over and over to get exp" thing instead of getting MORE CHANCES to get what you want.

I mean, from someone who was in the speedrunning community, you learn that optimising details in farming that makes it convenient and productive makes it ACCEPTABLE especially if it was intended that you make a setup.

Here, it's basically trying to roll a dice once or 5 times...this is dumb.
No, no it was grinding.
Grinding and farming in their definitions are basically the same thing, which is doing the same monotonous task over and over, the difference between them is grinding is done for XP (Pokemon, Tales games, Kingdom Hearts, etc.) and farming is usually done for gear and items (Borderlands, Diablo, Warcraft, etc.). What I was describing for Kingdom Hearts was, in essence, grinding, which amounts to "KILL THINGS GET XP". What we're doing in Smash is, by defenition, farming, doing the same thing over and over to get more special moves, much like how you would repeatedly kill a raid boss in an MMO for high-level gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What's the best way to make coins? I'd rather just sit in Trophy Rush at this point, but it costs so much.
well, classic at high intensity and if you want crazy money, farm it.

That can be done on conjunction with home buffer, but this time, I'm serious classic is really the best way to get money money...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
well, classic at high intensity and if you want crazy money, farm it.

That can be done on conjunction with home buffer, but this time, I'm serious classic is really the best way to get money money...
...Why is it always Classic? Classic and All-Star are my least favorite modes outside of the Stadium...

I just got two new moves and a trophy out of a single Trophy Rush, that's better than I've done in ten games of Smash Run.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Tell me how that turns out when you get to it. :3
I said repost the code to allow copying because I can't edit them...

And even tough I already made a mii prior...there isn't really freedom to do those. Like i really don't like the mustaches options so i had to use a mouth (anyway we normally don't see it).

And I didn't used the cap because I wanted to have some part of his hair appear with the headgear.

Which is why you could at least allow copy and repost it because I feel I would like to see if I can edit them...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I went through Classic Mode as Sheik, and I finally got the last of her Custom Specials, twice.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I realized each level in All-Star mode is more or less equivalent to a generation:

Level 1 - Arcade games (Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac)
Level 2 - NES first half (R.O.B., Duck Hunt Duo, Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Samus)
Level 3 - NES second half + SNES launch (Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, Marth, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Captain Falcon)
Level 4 - SNES first half + GB first half (Sonic, Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, Fox, Falco, Meta Knight)
Level 5 - SNES second half + GB second half + N64 (Ness, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Ganondorf)
Level 6 - GameCube (Villager, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucario)
Level 7 - Wii era and beyond (Rosalina & Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Dark Pit, Robin, Lucina, Greninja)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I said repost the code to allow copying because I can't edit them...

And even tough I already made a mii prior...there isn't really freedom to do those. Like i really don't like the mustaches options so i had to use a mouth (anyway we normally don't see it).

And I didn't used the cap because I wanted to have some part of his hair appear with the headgear.

Which is why you could at least allow copy and repost it because I feel I would like to see if I can edit them...
Boop boop.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
yeah sometimes it trolls so hard like:

play 20 classics, can't get 2 moves.

the 21 times, you get JUST those 2 moves...don't you feel pissed after that?
Personally I'm just happy I got it. All I need left to do is Zelda and then I can play with characters I'm not terrible with.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I realized each level in All-Star mode is more or less equivalent to a generation:

Level 1 - Arcade games (Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac)
Level 2 - NES first half (R.O.B., Duck Hunt Duo, Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Samus)
Level 3 - NES second half + SNES launch (Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, Marth, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Captain Falcon)
Level 4 - SNES first half + GB first half (Sonic, Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, Fox, Falco, Meta Knight)
Level 5 - SNES second half + GB second half + N64 (Ness, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Ganondorf)
Level 6 - GameCube (Villager, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucario)
Level 7 - Wii era and beyond (Rosalina & Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Dark Pit, Robin, Lucina, Greninja)
Villager originated on the N64, but other than that and a few handhelds not labeled, this is about right.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
yes I get this.

It's just that don't you have the feel like "euh...game, you could have given me those earlier you know?".

Like, it's just kinda annoying.
I guess, but if now the RNG gods decide to humor me, I'll take it.
Now I just need twenty more tries and then hopefully I'll get the others I need.

D

Deleted member

Villager originated on the N64, but other than that and a few handhelds not labeled, this is about right.
We should have to fight all 7 of the Koopalings in the 1986-1990 section of All-Star.
Just because.
Oh and Alph in the 2007-2013 section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, it isn't exact.

Level 6 could be interpreted as GCN+GBA+DS, so yeah.

And Level 7 is technically 2 generations: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and Shulk are Wii debuts, while Dark Pit, Robin, Lucina and Greninja debuted on the 3DS.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree. I also hope the dlc characters have 2 locked trophies.
We should get the full package.

Of course, trophies would be included.

But, to be honest, I wouldn't mind that much if DLC characters hadn't trophies.

D

Deleted member

We should get the full package.

Of course, trophies would be included.

But, to be honest, I wouldn't mind that much if DLC characters hadn't trophies.
I imagine if they did include a full package with trophies and the like, you could get the trophies normally and assist trophies (if any) would show up as normal, but you would have to pay to access the characters and stages.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit's crowd chant is "Pittoo! Pittoo! Pittoo!" I imagine he doesn't like it that much.

I like how Ganondorf's crowd chant is back to being some sort of evil chant like in Melee.

And Ike is still "We like Ike!". Roy Koopa's crowd chant is "Roy's our Boy!"... Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dark Pit's crowd chant is "Pittoo! Pittoo! Pittoo!" I imagine he doesn't like it that much.

I like how Ganondorf's crowd chant is back to being some sort of evil chant like in Melee.

And Ike is still "We like Ike!". Roy Koopa's crowd chant is "Roy's our Boy!"... Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. :p
Wolf. Flash. That is all. :|

I just realized your avy is from Quest 64 @ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

You get major cool points from me.
Thank you. I had to choose a creepy one for this month, so...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

They actually say Roy Roy Roy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom