• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Regardless of series, they will all be colored just the same.
I knew that, but I was addressing a non-existent problem. I really have no idea why I said it.

also yoshi should be in his own series. I mean, his series IS coming out with two new games soon-ish.

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Bear in mind that many individual series are being planned to be "paired up" with others due to short numbers, such as Retros.
@Mask: If there is a major Yoshi character introduced if the series are together, then the character will simply be added with the other Yoshi characters on the chart.

But for now, that's 3 for separation (I'm to assume you're for that, Mask?), 1 for unification.
EDIT: Now 5 for separation.

No one has any suggestions for the Consideration list other than Birdo and Baby Mario (who will be with Yoshi if separated)?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mhmm, I'd also agree with separating the series. Especially since the series is about to finally expand again with two new games, plus Smash acknowledges them as separate series, so the Smash chart might as well adhere to that.

No pressing additions for either the Mario or Yoshi series from me though, what we have now is fine.

D

Deleted member

Seems majority is for Yoshi being separate, so far. 6 vs. 1.
If it becomes more of a landslide soon or if majority still wins out after a period of time, Yoshi will definitely be separate.

D

Deleted member

7 vs. 1

I might as well just do it now.

EDIT: Alright, so Yoshi and co. will not be added to Mario's chart, and instead be a part of their own that will be discussed when it's their turn.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi and co. will not be added to Mario's chart, and instead be a part of their own that will be discussed when it's their turn.

@Everyone else
So if the only one that's being suggested for Mario that isn't already on the Consideration list is Birdo, I might as well end it soon and start on the Kongs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the consideration list is fine. Otherwise people will start suggesting random enemies and the like. The ones on there are at least important to the series in some regard. Birdo would be the last one I'd consider adding, and then move on.

I guess this means I was wrong on my guess with King Boo for the "spirit" hint?D:

D

Deleted member

You weren't wrong, but remember that I made this post:
Hate to double post, but hold off on any of the hints of characters being scrapped; you guys are going to be in for a real treat that's going to take quite a bit of time.

I guess we should move on to the next group, the DK Crew.
D-K! DONKEY KONG!
..heh.

Anyways, as before, there is a confirmed list, who is pretty much who is on the chart already plus DK and Boobie Kong (my new nickname for Diddy after finding out what a "diddy" is).

So here's just the Consideration List:
-Cranky Kong
-Funky Kong
-Tiny Kong
-Pauline
-DK Jr.

Rather small, but I feel it's enough. Any more suggestions?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I forgot about that...I guess only time will tell :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Edited previous post with the DK time.

@Opossum: Time won't tell, as the majority of the planned cuts aren't happening now.
Though I will say you were almost 100%. I don't remember what else you got wrong, but the one I remember was your guess on Tingle or a different Zelda character.
That was the stumper. :troll: My clue was meant to emulate the Happy Mask Salesman, yes, but think about who the HMS was modeled from; Miyamoto.

splat

Smash Lord
Going by that consideration list, you may also add Lanky Kong and Stanley the Bugman.

That being said, I'd be more than surprised if any character other than K. Rool and Dixie would make it - adding others to chart would just feel like bulk to me.

D

Deleted member

@FalKoopa: No. Notably one of the only Kongs yet to be playable, and doesn't really have anything to work with other than flaunting her monkey breasts (Why wasn't she named Diddy Kong?).

@splat: Lanky and Stanley noted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the record, in the part of England where Rare is originally from Diddy means small. In Scotland it means idiot.

D

Deleted member

Well, I guess the name makes a bit more sense then, since Diddy is small and Donkey was interpreted as a word for "stupid" by Miyamoto. So Stupid Kong and Idiot Kong make a lot of sense. :troll:

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
The only character from the DK series I'd add to the already confirmed roster would be Funky since he's probably the most interesting and I believe most popular of the one's not confirmed yet. another positive is that he's integrated past DK only games such as appearing in Mario Baseball and Mario Kart.

Cranky is cool and all, is a series regular, and he would be an interesting character indeed, but Cranky hasn't really been in a playing role passed the original DK and I think Funky kinda trumps his popularity.

DK Jr. is also already in the game. It'd be pretty weird to have two characters with two young versions of themselves but eh that's probably just me.

The rest don't really matter enough and Stanley Bugman would be cool retro, but there's seriously way more interesting and creative prospects in that pool already. Also I wouldn't consider Chunky at all since the last game he appeared in was DK 64 (unless he showed up somewhere in the jungle beat games, and i'm pretty sure he didn't.)

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure Cranky is more popular than Funky, but I have no way to prove it.
As for playable roles, Cranky's never really had one as the Classic DK. Only Jr. has been playable, and that was only in his self-titled game, DK Jr. Math, Super Mario Kart, and Mario Tennis 64.
Cranky as Cranky though, has been playable in the Cranky's Dojo mini-game in DKC3's GBA version, Donkey Konga 3, and Barrel Blast.

As for Modern DK being DK Jr., it's never been confirmed.
Nintendo and Rare have flip-flopped whether or not Cranky is DK's father or grandfather (and even whether or not he's the Classic DK or if both DKs are the same Kong). Though the current story is that Cranky was the Classic DK and that Modern DK is his grandson.
This would mean that DK Jr. is Modern DK's father, rather than being one and the same.

I have a crackpot theory that Funky is actually DK Jr. grown up while DK is his son, though it's only a theory.

EDIT: @FalKoopa: I'm hesitant on including Chunky simply because he hasn't made any appearances since DK64, unlike Tiny and Lanky.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'm guessing no one has anything to say about DK anymore, so I'm moving on to Zelda:
Pretty much everyone who's on the chart already is confirmed with the addition of the Zelda veterans.

So anyone brave enough to make suggestions for additions?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright, I'm guessing no one has anything to say about DK anymore, so I'm moving on to Zelda:
Pretty much everyone who's on the chart already is confirmed with the addition of the Zelda veterans.

So anyone brave enough to make suggestions for additions?
I'd add Vaati and Skull Kid.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Vaati and Skull Kid are the most popular requests currently not on the list, but I've noted the occasional Midna and Zant stragglers still hanging around. Zelda's mostly all there though at this point.

splat

Smash Lord
I've grown quite fond of the idea of a Majora's Mask Link, with three different masks (Deku, Goron, Zora). Does that count as the '2nd new Link', too? Other than that I can only think of is Majora.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The Zelda characters look good for now, but I guess Vaati could be added. I personally wouldn't add Skull Kid but it's just me being bias. I just...don't like him.

D

Deleted member

Nominations I have seen so far:
Vaati
Skull Kid
Midna
Zant
Demise
Groose
Toon Ganondorf
Masks Link

Of these, the only ones I question are Zant and Toon Ganondorf.
The former due to not having much support anymore and being a one-time villain and Toon Ganondorf because he'd just be "Ganondorf" due to there being only one Ganondorf.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I could argue for Toon Ganondorf based on his 2 sword fight style but in the end he's basically like Dr. Mario or Young Link, same guy twice.

D

Deleted member

Tingle. I don't particularly like him, but he's got fans... The little pedophile.

The only new Zelda reps I care about are Masked Link and Vaati.

D

Deleted member

Tingle's already on the chart, so he's not eligible for nomination.
I could argue for Toon Ganondorf based on his 2 sword fight style but in the end he's basically like Dr. Mario or Young Link, same guy twice.
No, it's more like Vacuum Luigi; a potential new style for an existing veteran. "Toon Ganondorf" is pretty much seen as "Ganondorf fighting like in Wind Waker instead of being Captain Ganon again".

D

Deleted member

Alright, I will close Zelda now and move on to Metroid.

On chart already: Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Ridley (Evolution), Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs
100% added: Meta Ridley
Consideration List: Weavel, Sylux, Spire, Trace, Kanden, Noxus (The only playable characters in the series other than Samus herself), Adam Malkovich (might as well at this point...), and MB (latest villain, feasible, and can serve as a substitute of the real Mother Brain, who is unfeasible).

Anyone else, or did I pretty much just cover it?

Top Bottom