• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Video thread

DMoogle

A$
It was a compliment. I just don't think I had seen something from you that made me want to subscribe yet, which is probably because I don't care about Yoshi and I haven't seen many of your combo videos.

I'll check out your other videos now. :p

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: What appeal to me most are new (or rarely used, at least by me) concepts and ideas, so I'm not a big fan of most parts of those two Fox videos (although I did like the midstage dsmashes in the first one, and the upb finish in the second).

EDIT 2: I'm commenting on like all your videos now, lol.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I totally agree about seeing new ideas in combos. I could do a million different rehashed fox combos but I try to include at least a few things I haven't seen before if I'm going to post a video.

I really like that Yoshi video because you don't see too many Yoshi on Pika combos and also I end the combo with a jab which I have never seen.

Or like the falcon on pikachu combos. Even though those weren't that long or technically impressive I liked them because I haven't seen that matchup in combos.

The fox on fox combo is all about the triple down smash, but I also like the use of lasers. They're surprisingly hard to get right in a combo.

The fox on falcon one is all about using the tornado in a combo, which I haven't seen outside of TAS. The intended effect is "oh cool fox combo, down the platforms, shine ftilt, ... WTF TORNADO UPB?" Plus I had to do something while I was waiting for the tornado :chuckle:

Also thanks for the feedback on the match videos.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah, I like creativity in combos too, but I'm not creative enough to think of new things myself >.< The only combo I really have with something creative is a Kirby on Falcon combo that has Usmash -> Short hop weak bair -> Nair (Yes, Kirby can do two aerials in one short hop). And even then, I don't even know if it's a true combo (because Falcon bounces of a wall and I'm not sure I make it in time).

SSBPete

Smash Lord
no i dont mean like that. i mean when you do an uair really early instead of late, and they go the opposite direction. rarley ever happens. also my new combo vid has 13 combos, most of which are gold, is that enough yet?

DMoogle

A$
I prefer one combo per video over combo compilations, and just the game music/sounds instead of other music or vocal commentary (unless it's in the background).

I think I'm in the minority though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Commentary makes it more fun. You might get tired of the music after a while (actually, not true in my case, I still love the LoZ and Green Greens songs).

That weird U-Air may as well be used in place of N-Air or normal U-Air towards the edge of a stage. There's nothing wrong with using it, it's basically U-Air with a different trajectory.

dandan

Smash Lord
in europe, we just started playing teams with chat via teamspeak, so i think i will record the game and the chat, and upload it, could be funny (you could also laugh at the accents).

SSBPete

Smash Lord
That weird U-Air may as well be used in place of N-Air or normal U-Air towards the edge of a stage. There's nothing wrong with using it, it's basically U-Air with a different trajectory.
i still dont think you get me. im not talking normal slingshot uair. im talking inverse slingshot uair. the end of falcons foot just nips them as hes opening the uair and they go forward.

inverse slingshot: falcons facing this way <. their trajectory is this way <.
normal slingshot: falcons facing this way <. their trajectory is this way >.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I prefer one combo per video over combo compilations, and just the game music/sounds instead of other music or vocal commentary (unless it's in the background).

I think I'm in the minority though.
I'm also the same...it's more organized as separate videos. Otherwise if you're trying to find this combo you saw once, it'd be such a hassle to go through combo videos to find it, whereas separate video titles clearly tell you the content.

Commentary is great as long as it's in the background...music substituting game sounds is annoying...I prefer to hear the characters get beat up...makes it more real lol

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i still dont think you get me. im not talking normal slingshot uair. im talking inverse slingshot uair. the end of falcons foot just nips them as hes opening the uair and they go forward.

inverse slingshot: falcons facing this way <. their trajectory is this way <.
normal slingshot: falcons facing this way <. their trajectory is this way >.
You're talking about the one where you uair and they go forward, not up or backward.

There's actually 2 versions of that, one where they go up and forward and one where they go fully forward, so I'm not sure which one you mean.

But I do know there is an Alancitu combo that uses the full foward uair in the middle of the combo.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I knew what you were talking about, which is why I said 'N-Air'.

It's really not hard to find a combo that links into it, the hardest part would probably be pulling off the inverse U-Air in the first place, seeing as it's not frequently used.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
in europe, we just started playing teams with chat via teamspeak, so i think i will record the game and the chat, and upload it, could be funny (you could also laugh at the accents).
oh man this could be great, i wanna try this too, but im afraid the thing will make game lag increase...

DMoogle

A$
SSB uses incredibly low bandwidth, something like 5-10KB/s. I'm not sure how much Teamspeak uses, but since it's just audio, it's probably very low as well.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I knew what you were talking about, which is why I said 'N-Air'.

It's really not hard to find a combo that links into it, the hardest part would probably be pulling off the inverse U-Air in the first place, seeing as it's not frequently used.
oh sorry, my bad. i have a combo that finishes with an inverse uair, but i dont think it'll be in my next vid cause i dont really like it.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
I just watched up to the last Yoshi vid and here's something most people don't know:
Stale moves affect shieldstun. If you already hit with a Nair, don't try to break your opponents shield with it. Instead, just pressure with fair.
Great matches so far! I'll edit this post as I keep watching the vids. :)

Haha, teleport rest was really cool.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I once asked Sheer if it's possible to break shields with stale nairs and he said "I DUNNO"

dandan

Smash Lord
I don't really get what you're trying to say/how this is related to my question.
i think that if you break the shield with nairs alone, the nair will be stale before the shield is broken, so that shows that a stale nair still have enough shield stun.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
most people let go of z (shield) after the 2nd nair anyway. or at least the people who i play against
Letting go of the shield when it's getting pressured/broken is the worst thing you can do. It's easier to break a shield if the other person released z, because it adds some frames of "shield-releasing" where you can still hit the shield. Shieldjumping, rolling, upb or upsmash out of shield are your best options.

i think that if you break the shield with nairs alone, the nair will be stale before the shield is broken, so that shows that a stale nair still have enough shield stun.
Hitting a shield does not make a move stale.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tambor is correct.

Still not sure of you can break shields with stale nairs, it seems pretty freakin' hard.

Top Bottom