• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
VS.

Current Match-Up:

THE SPACE WOLF Vs. THE GIANT APE

Wolf Vs. Donkey Kong

VS.

Round 1, Match 16.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas fought UFOs and things like that as well. Theres just... not much we know about Mother characters cause the fighting system leaves much to your imagination.

It doesn't mather if Lucas can use the Franklin Badge or not, cause he'll simply will not be killed by Falco's lasers alone...

EDIT: Vote goes for Donkey Kong. Sound-Wave Attack for the win.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Wow, guys. Obviously PSI Shield/Counter doesn't reflect lasers, but if you played Mother 3, you'd know that the regular Counter DOES. (I'm 95% sure....)

And the lasers wouldn't be reflected back, the damage would. So every time Falco hits Lucas with a laser, Falco takes damage as well.

You also have to defeat Lucas 7 times because he has 7 items called Mementos that fully revive him and automatically activate if he is defeated.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wow, guys. Obviously PSI Shield/Counter doesn't reflect lasers, but if you played Mother 3, you'd know that the regular Counter DOES. (I'm 95% sure....)

And the lasers wouldn't be reflected back, the damage would. So every time Falco hits Lucas with a laser, Falco takes damage as well.

You also have to defeat Lucas 7 times because he has 7 items called Mementos that fully revive him and automatically activate if he is defeated.
Counter: "Reflects physical damage to one ally. Some attacks can't be reflected, however."

Though the Memento thingy is broken. Falco has no 7 lives. *_*

BSP

Smash Legend
Counter: "Reflects physical damage to one ally. Some attacks can't be reflected, however."

Though the Memento thingy is broken. Falco has no 7 lives. *_*
It still works on lazers though for some reason.

DK gets infinite strong kong for this matchup right?

I LAG

Smash Lord
man wolf > Dk

wolf has a ****ing blaster
and space armor to protect him from most of dks hits

wolf would obviously won

Browny

Smash Hater
Round 1 Results:

1.) Bowser Vs. Sonic: -1 Bowser. +1 Sonic.

Page(s) This Was Discussed: 268 - 279

Summarized Reason: Bowser cannot use his Star Rod in time to become invincible. If Sonic is able to run at hypersonic speeds, the highest being Mach 9.9, then Sonic can travel 11,151.36 feet per second, which is two miles per second. Sonic can simply grab the Star Rod away from Bowser and fight from there.
Umm I know I'm a little late, but where was this speed proven?

going through the posts all I saw was a reference to 3000mph :/

Well, the speed of sound travels at 1,125 feet per second. It takes five seconds to complete a mile. 50 yards is 150 feet. I was under the impression that Sonic can travel at Mach 1, while in his super form could run at supersonic speeds (Mach 1 to Mach 4.9), and his hyper form at hypersonic speeds (Mach 5 to Mach 9.9). Supersonic and hypersonic speeds surpass 2,000 mph.
Also for the record, at ground level (we are not considering him flying, in space or anything lol), hypersonic speeds begin at 3806 mph. Does he really go that fast? Lol that just seems a little too much to me. At any rate some proof, canon or whatever, would be useful to prove such a speed lol. just coz he is in hyper form, does that mean he ran at hypersonic speeds? i mean he did supersonic speeds while in normal form... :/

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Umm I know I'm a little late, but where was this speed proven?

going through the posts all I saw was a reference to 3000mph :/

Also for the record, at ground level (we are not considering him flying, in space or anything lol), hypersonic speeds begin at 3806 mph. Does he really go that fast? Lol that just seems a little too much to me. At any rate some proof, canon or whatever, would be useful to prove such a speed lol. just coz he is in hyper form, does that mean he ran at hypersonic speeds? i mean he did supersonic speeds while in normal form... :/
ShadowLink84 told me that Sonic was able to surpass 768 mph (Mach 1), even when he's not in his super or hyper form. I'm not the Sonic expert. I simply give the calculations of how fast certain Mach speeds would go, based off of actual Mach data in the real world.

Speed of Sound

Mach 1: 768 mph

Supersonic Speed

Mach 2: 1,536 mph
Mach 3: 2,304 mph
Mach 4: 3,072 mph

Hypersonic Speed

Mach 5: 3,840 mph
Mach 6: 4,608 mph
Mach 7: 5,376 mph
Mach 8: 6,144 mph
Mach 9: 6,912 mph

High hypersonic speed goes from Mach 10 to Mach 23. Mach 23 is 17,664 mph.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
My mistake. High hypersonic speed is Mach 10 to Mach 25. After that, Mach 25 and beyond is considered re-entry speed.
Oh. I was just wondering because of Galekill's "math" saying Link could throw a shield at Mach 31.

Anyways, DK apparently has infinite invincibility, yet Wolf can forever stay out of his reach, I'm pretty sure. Draw match?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh. I was just wondering because of Galekill's "math" saying Link could throw a shield at Mach 31.

Anyways, DK apparently has infinite invincibility, yet Wolf can forever stay out of his reach, I'm pretty sure. Draw match?
Well, if the two cannot do anything to each other, I guess it would be a stalemate. What would Donkey Kong do if Wolf got close?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I believe he would do one of the following:
-Punch at Wolf
-Use his Bongos Attack
-Throw one of his grenade things
-I forget what other useful attacks he's got.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It was indicated in Sonic Adventure DX's manual.
He also can surpass 3000 mph in Sonic Unleashed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas should've won from Falco ... <_<

DK can jump pretty high and do wall jumps. And he's invincible cause of Strong Kong. I don't see a way how either would win really, unless DK can come close somehow.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't see how DK could stay invincible for the whole time, simply cause that's very gamebreaking. No game could work like that, so there must be some conditions to this Strong Kongo thing, just like how Diddy's invincibility is not infinite. <_<

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, it seems that Strong Kong allows Donkey Kong to remain invincible temporarily. I'm just not sure how long the effect lasts. I think DK has to jump into a barrel to activate it, though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, it seems that Strong Kong allows Donkey Kong to remain invincible temporarily. I'm just not sure how long the effect lasts. I think DK has to jump into a barrel to activate it, though.
If that's true, there won't be any barrels on a neutral field.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
An Invincibility Barrel.

An Invincibility Barrel is a rare type of Barrel that has appeared in the Donkey Kong Country series. These wooden barrels instantly break when they are touched. Upon being broken, the barrel grants the Kongs temporary invincibility for a few seconds. While invincible, the heroes are not only invulnerable, but can also defeat most enemies just by touching them. Invincibility Barrels appear infrequently throughout the games that feature them, as they are so powerful. The symbol of the barrel is an exclamation point (“!”), signifying the excitement and urgency of gaining temporary invincibility.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Invincibility_Barrel

Source ^

Invincibility Barrels first appeared in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, and later appeared in Donkey Kong Land 2. They also appeared in a few levels of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. Strangely, they do not appear at all in Donkey Kong Land III.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK's Strong Kong is different. It appeared in DK64, and was only usable by Donkey Kong.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
****, I missed Wario and I played every Wario game. T_T

Oh well, at least I played every Star Fox game to say that the Wolfen is twice as powerful than the Arwing's, (looking at Star Fox Assault), so treating them like their Arwing's is a no no.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Barrels are items in game, are they not? They're not something that Donkey Kong can carry (or does carry) around with him, so I don't think they should be allowed.

And yeah, without those, Donkey Kong has pretty much lost. Wolfen.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Alright then, new MU.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:

THE ELECTRIC MOUSE Vs. PIKMIN & OLIMAR

Pichu Vs. Olimar

Vs.

Round 1, Match 17.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,

Loss -2:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Ummm, Olimar is like the size of a nickel, right? I don't think he has anything as good as Kirby characters though...

If it's a neutral enviroment, I don't think he can pluck any pikimen...
I'll have to pardon that rule for Olimar then, because Olimar pretty much revolves around Pikmin.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, no DK can't carry those barrels with him. But he does has invincibility still. DK: King of Swing had invincibility, and so had DK: Jungle Climber. In King of Swing, it costs 20 of 300 bananas to activate invincibility. And in Jungle Climber, he can do it up to 6 times and actually... fly. O_O Not making this up.

Check out http://www.dkjungleclimber.com/. Must be somewhere around there. Page doesn't load on my computer, so can't tell where you can find it, but it's there.

Also, DK's taken down Xananab's space ship, and destroyed giant Kremling-controlled robots in Jungle Climber. Wolf isn't very well protected in the Wolfen I'm thinking, so if DK flies towards Wolf and can get the Wolfen out of the air I think he'll easily win this.

Sound-Wave attack might also come in handy here, as it might potentially reflect Wolf's lasers, or at least protect DK from damage from it. DK has loads of health in Jungle Beat as well. Main aspect in that game, is making combos and collect bananas. More combos means that bananas are worth more health. DK can get up to about... 3000 beats or something (there's no limit) so he'd be hard for any character to just beat.

Still thinking DK has a shot here.

EDIT: Match up OVER already!? Dude, not so fast! DK has invincibility still! Just read this post. <_<

Anyway, can't see Olimar winning this. Pichu's electricity can probably whipe out all Pikmin in one shot, and Olimar himself would die quite easily to Volt Tackle I'm thinking.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, no DK can't carry those barrels with him. But he does has invincibility still. DK: King of Swing had invincibility, and so had DK: Jungle Climber. In King of Swing, it costs 20 of 300 bananas to activate invincibility. And in Jungle Climber, he can do it up to 6 times and actually... fly. O_O Not making this up.

Check out http://www.dkjungleclimber.com/. Must be somewhere around there. Page doesn't load on my computer, so can't tell where you can find it, but it's there.

Also, DK's taken down Xananab's space ship, and destroyed giant Kremling-controlled robots in Jungle Climber. Wolf isn't very well protected in the Wolfen I'm thinking, so if DK flies towards Wolf and can get the Wolfen out of the air I think he'll easily win this.

Sound-Wave attack might also come in handy here, as it might potentially reflect Wolf's lasers, or at least protect DK from damage from it. DK has loads of health in Jungle Beat as well. Main aspect in that game, is making combos and collect bananas. More combos means that bananas are worth more health. DK can get up to about... 3000 beats or something (there's no limit) so he'd be hard for any character to just beat.

Still thinking DK has a shot here.
Neutral map = No barrels.

Wolfen goes at very high speed, so unless Donkey Kong can magically appear in it, he's not catching up with it anytime soon.

@Match-up: From what I remember, Olimar has a ship, S.S Dolphin. Pichu might be able to take that down with thunder.. not sure though. But, Pichu could pretty much electric Olimar and all his Pikmin.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Olimar's ship can't attack anything.
Olimar is also an inch tall. and can have 100 pikmin.

btw yellow pikmin are immune to electricity. and he has dream material making him immune to electricity. Justice alloy and brute knuckles make him stronger in defense and attack respectively.
He also has Ultra spicy and Ultra bitter spray which:
Ultra spicy: powers up pikmin (speed overall is better(both attacking speed and movement) and attack is better(does more damage))
Ultra bitter: petrifies opponent for a short period of time.
he can hold 10 of each.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolfen goes at high speed yeah, but if it accidently flies against DK while he's flying and invincible what would happen? DK can fly, and lasers can't hurt him. If he does get hurt, he'll easily tank the hit, or heal.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Wolfen goes at high speed yeah, but if it accidently flies against DK while he's flying and invincible what would happen? DK can fly, and lasers can't hurt him. If he does get hurt, he'll easily tank the hit, or heal.
Why are you adding barrels into this? Donkey Kong can't purchase barrel, nor obtain it.

Now, lasers will hurt Donkey Kong, which will eventually kill him, and Wolf doesn't have to get up close at all, lasers go VERY far distances.

@Sam: That doesn't matter.

Top Bottom