• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Once again, the primary issue is that all ZSS has that's attested is ability to run around, crawl through tight spaces, jump high and stun someone every two seconds. Luigi has any number of attested abilities that give him the upper hand.

Honestly, it's not really worth talking about ZSS's match-ups. Empirically, it's just impossible to show that she wins any of them, even though IMO she would.
I agree. And I am a Metroid fan. Sometimes the truth just has to determine the outcome of the match-up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why has Mewtwo lost? <_< Aura Sphere would hit Bowser for sure.

Also, Luigi wins this. Super Jump is really awesome.

Salem

Smash Champion
Why has Mewtwo lost? <_< Aura Sphere would hit Bowser for sure.

Also, Luigi wins this. Super Jump is really awesome.
So is the awesome spin jump/screw attack.
Which has invinciblity frames...

You shouldn't expect normal attacks to defeat her.

But anyway... what exactly will Luigi use against her? I can probably find a way for her to dodge each and every one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Luigi can mostly have anything Mario has, including Mega Mushrooms and Starmen so yeah... Can Zero Suit Samus have Screw Attack? Cause that'd help her A LOT here.

Mewtwo still should've won. Teleporting is cool and stuff, but Aura Sphere would hit Bowser anyway. And while Bowser's teleporting, Mewtwo could use Calm Mind to make sure he'll kill Bowser in one hit. And before I give this thing up, I want to see a vid where Bowser's teleporting. <_<

Samochan

Smash Master
>_>

So basically when I'm sleeping, bowser goes and wins via some planking **** lol.

Which wouldn't even work, cause mewtwo would just follow his shadow, calm mind in the process and deal a direct hit aura sphere in his face when he appears. =) Mewtwo is also faster than boozer, first thing he really needs to do is embargo and refresh that whenever it runs out. If Bowser just keeps teleporting, he'll lose for sure cause mewtwo gets ample time to refresh embargo, recover and stat up lol.

I also doubt Bowser could teleport for infinitely, doesn't he also have some sorta PP or stuff for his magiks on Mario RPG? Which would mean Mewtwo's pressure would do things to that.

Oh and Mewtwo has disable, GG bowser. >_> Disable/Embargo/Aura Sphere or Psychic/Recover or Calm mind

Embargo, disable that teleporting ****, kick *** with aura sphere and recover or calm mind when neccesary.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Bowser's defense is too high for Mewtwo to compensate, regardless of how many Calm Minds he has.

You know, Mewtwo doesn't know a thing about Bowser's Star Rod. He doesn't know what it will do, nor what it actually is. Why would he embargo? He has no idea what Bowser's gonna pull.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He knows Bowser has items, therefore he'll likely keep Embargo in effect on Bowser. I agree with Samo here. Moveset for Mewtwo against Bowser would be:

Embargo - Counters item usage by Bowser, dunno about weapons
Calm Mind - Stat booting move for if Bowser goes teleporting... doesn't mather much cause Mewtwo can fly without taking up a move anyway <_< But it ensures a OHKO
Recover - Heals 50% of HP
Aura Sphere - Always hits, plenty of PP to make sure it kills no mather how high defence Bowser has

And no, Special Defence ISN'T regular defence, so that's still in the advantage of Mewtwo. I also find the lack of proof on Bowser's side very irritating. There's no vids, no links, nothing.

justaway12

Smash Master
>_>

So basically when I'm sleeping, bowser goes and wins via some planking **** lol.

Which wouldn't even work, cause mewtwo would just follow his shadow, calm mind in the process and deal a direct hit aura sphere in his face when he appears. =) Mewtwo is also faster than boozer, first thing he really needs to do is embargo and refresh that whenever it runs out. If Bowser just keeps teleporting, he'll lose for sure cause mewtwo gets ample time to refresh embargo, recover and stat up lol.

I also doubt Bowser could teleport for infinitely, doesn't he also have some sorta PP or stuff for his magiks on Mario RPG? Which would mean Mewtwo's pressure would do things to that.

Oh and Mewtwo has disable, GG bowser. >_> Disable/Embargo/Aura Sphere or Psychic/Recover or Calm mind

Embargo, disable that teleporting ****, kick *** with aura sphere and recover or calm mind when neccesary.
He can't follow his shadow, his shadow disappears after a while, it wouldn't work.

The moment Mewtwo does another move Bowser can just turn him to turn him to stone.

@Diddy: If it doesn't couter Bowsers weapons then Bowser would win since the Star Rod IS his weapon, actually, the Star Rod IS Bowsers weapon, I doubt he could embargo that, you know, unless he embargos farfetch'd leek or something like that.

@OP: What Ph00t said.
except I don't think she would win even if it was possible to show it, that's just me though :p

In the end, he can freeze time...

Samochan

Smash Master
Argh I forgot about that stone thingy... okay.

Embargo is a must, it prevents boozer from using any items he has and thus, no star rod/stopwatch/things for boozer.
Aura Sphere/Psychic for special attack
Safeguard to protect from getting turned into Tumbleweed (though this didn't seemingly work against everyone in smb <_<)
Recover for recovering hp obv.

I'm still two-ways whether Mewtwo should discard recover for disable, that way he could disable bowsers teleport shiz and actually get in hits.

But Future sight would be interesting, as it hits through even protect and detect and even those that have wonder guard. Future sight is also strictly calculated from the users sp.attack and the foe's sp.defence, meaning no resistances or immunities or weaknesses or stab is taken into account. With Mewtwo's insane sp.attack, future sight should be fairly devastating. Future sight also allows mewtwo to perform other actions like safeguard, embargo and recover on the meantime, while bowser tries to futilely escape. Course accuracy is 90%, but it's more likely to hit than miss. <.<

So Embargo/Future Sight/Substitute/Recover should get the job done nice and easily, no matter how much Bowser tries to teleport around and even if he does his own physical attacks, substitute can block those. =)

justaway12

Smash Master
Argh I forgot about that stone thingy... okay.

Embargo is a must, it prevents boozer from using any items he has and thus, no star rod/stopwatch/things for boozer.
Aura Sphere/Psychic for special attack
Safeguard to protect from getting turned into Tumbleweed (though this didn't seemingly work against everyone in smb <_<)
Recover for recovering hp obv.
But the Star Rod was his main weapon, I don't think Embargo would stop it.
It did effect everyone, he turned the toads into inanimate objects, then he kidnapped the princess, the storyline was very vague, it was like, Mario just came into the Mushroom Kingdom and over heard what happenend.

But Future sight would be interesting, as it hits through even protect and detect and even those that have wonder guard. Future sight is also strictly calculated from the users sp.attack and the foe's sp.defence, meaning no resistances or immunities or weaknesses or stab is taken into account. With Mewtwo's insane sp.attack, future sight should be fairly devastating. Future sight also allows mewtwo to perform other actions like safeguard, embargo and recover on the meantime, while bowser tries to futilely escape. Course accuracy is 90%, but it's more likely to hit than miss. <.<
But Mewtwo is faster than Bowser, also bowser has Lazy shell which would give him the 100 and something added with Bowsers 100 and something, this isn't much to go on >_>
I'll get the full stats fro SMRPG.

Though it will be hard getting the Max Special defence since when you level up you chose to raise your SP, attack or magic.

Samochan

Smash Master

But the Star Rod was his main weapon, I don't think Embargo would stop it.
It did effect everyone, he turned the toads into inanimate objects, then he kidnapped the princess, the storyline was very vague, it was like, Mario just came into the Mushroom Kingdom and over heard what happenend.

Star rod is still an item. -_- It's not integrated into bowser's being lol. Be it weapon or anything else, Star Rod is an item. <_<

But Mewtwo is faster than Bowser, also bowser has Lazy shell which would give him the 100 and something added with Bowsers 100 and something, this isn't much to go on >_>
I'll get the full stats fro SMRPG.

Though it will be hard getting the Max Special defence since when you level up you chose to raise your SP, attack or magic.[/COLOR]
Mewtwo being faster than Bowser = embargo before bowser can do anything. =)

Is lazy shell an item or ability? Ability is okay. But basically 200 special defence is well, below average when compared to pokemon, but you could calculate max sp.def and min sp.def in that game, then where bowser's max would stack and then calculate the approx estimate in pokeversion of that.

justaway12

Smash Master
Star rod is still an item. -_- It's not integrated into bowser's being lol. Be it weapon or anything else, Star Rod is an item. <_<
That could be said for anything, including Links sword or Samus' equitment, it's not like he could stop Farfetch'd leek.

Is lazy shell an item or ability? Ability is okay. But basically 200 special defence is well, below average when compared to pokemon, but you could calculate max sp.def and min sp.def in that game, then where bowser's max would stack and then calculate the approx estimate in pokeversion of that.
I don't really know what owser max stats are, the lazy shell is armour, it's over 160 so it's not exactly 100 and you could chose what Bowser levels up with, you could isolate the magic and focus on attack and FP or vice versa.
I know it's tough because every hit, even from bosses are either 1 - 2, even from the final boss.

EDIT: I was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off, it's 104.

I'm trying to find the max stats, but I'm having trouble >_>

Besides, if Mewtwo does protect first, Bowser can transform while he is,if Mewtwo does embargo, he get's turned to stone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lazy Shell is equipment IIRC. Never finished SMRPG, so dunno for sure. Also, found this video of Super Mario RPG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFto7dzrVE .

Magic Defence and Special Defence are pretty much the same I guess... So Bowser would take loads of damage from Mewtwo's attacks, since it's his weakest stat. Especially if Calm Mind is used.

Samo, you agree with Mewtwo being able to float?

Samochan

Smash Master
Samo, you agree with Mewtwo being able to float?
I guess; the stadium 1 mewtwo screen definitely shows him levitating and his melee moveset further supports this. Psychic pokemon such as gardevoir are also shown and known to be able to leviate (without possessing leviate ability), as is the Abra family when they get hit on stadium and then (humorously), leviate back.

Justaway12, there's a difference between Samus' equipment and Bowser's items. Items are stuff you can usually carry with you, like objects, "A distinct physical object", while Samus Power Suit nor it's weaponry cannot be classified under items. It's like comparing a Car to Car Keys. Star Rod is an item on melee and Kirby games too and was certainly an item Bowser was able to steal. <_<

Basically embargo disables the use of held items and items trainer uses on their pokemon. Trainer can still use items that do not affect his own pokemon, such as pokeballs, but he or his pokemon cannot use any items, like berries, plates, stat enhancing items, in-battle effect items, evolution, incence, ev-enchancing, mail, scarves...

Can't Bowser's magic be dodged? >_>

I kinda doubt Bowser could just point his pinky in Mewtwo's direction in a flash and Mewtwo would turn into tumbleweed in the next millisecond. Bowser always seems to exaggerate his movements somehow or his magics just take a while, not to mention he's cocky and kinda limited when it comes to speed and mobility cause he's so big and uh, turtle. Heck, even Mario can dodge his stuff. Mewtwo, as a psychic, only needs to think to be able to do his moves.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yet, it was considered a weapon in games...

You say held items, I recall links sword being a weapon in games, does that effect him.

Anyway, if he uses embargo first Bowser turns him to stone, if he uses protect first, Bowser turns invincible, if Bowser teleports and mewtwo uses disable, Bowser can attack with the star rod.

And why can't he teleport out of disable.

Can Embargo also disable revive?

I kinda doubt Bowser could just point his pinky in Mewtwo's direction in a flash and Mewtwo would turn into tumbleweed in the next millisecond. Bowser always seems to exaggerate his movements somehow or his magics just take a while, not to mention he's cocky and kinda limited when it comes to speed and mobility cause he's so big and uh, turtle. Heck, even Mario can dodge his stuff. Mewtwo, as a psychic, only needs to think to be able to do his moves.
Not every move, some of his moves are really fast.
His fire breath comes out instantly in SPM.
He uses his magic and weapons kinda fast in Mario RPG.
I forget what he does in Super Mario Galaxy, but I think he was fast.

JOE!

Smash Hero
seriously, I wanna know this:

Why switch to the round system after you allready made a tier list?

Hell, you allready did matches to determine the list.

JOE!

Smash Hero
it bothers me on 2 levels:

1) all the work (and the tier list) has just disappeared from the thread, thats enough to o_O about allready,

2) second, the OP came into my thread and asked if he could us emy formatting, I said no...then he goes and does it anyway, and now he has near copied my way of doing things.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I'd ignore him if I were you, Dryn.

Anyways, on topic, so Luigi beats Zamus because of her limited amount of items? That right?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'd ignore him if I were you, Dryn.

Anyways, on topic, so Luigi beats Zamus because of her limited amount of items? That right?
hold on...

dude, you've just been ignoring me?

You came into my thread and asked about this, then ignored my answer and went ahead anyways?

justaway12

Smash Master
JOE! we only did one match for each character, we didn't do the rest, it didn't turn into an accurate list, so we did it again.

When he asked to copy the source formatting you said you didn't want people confused, but our threads are still a lot different, if people can be bothered to scroll down.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:

THE Hero Of Time Vs. THE KONG

Link Vs. Donkey Kong

:link: Vs. :dk2:

Losers Round 1, Match 3.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,
, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :dedede:

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, :jigglypuff:, :rob:, :gw:

Loss -2:

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
Bout time. Been waiting for a match-up with Link <_<. Link wins by a longshot. What does Donkey Kong have really? His size? lool Anyways, Link can just arrow and bombs from far away, and sword shenanigans up close.

Give Link a better opponent next time pl0x.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Doesn't Donkey Kong summons thunder in Jungle Beat when he fight's those ninja monkeys? Not that it matters since Link is Batman and have more than one weapon and stuff.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Didn't DK get infinite crystal coconut things in one of his games, and that lets him have infinite invincibility? I'm pretty sure Link can't stop that, even if he could throw a shield at Mach 31 (lol)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Dk also has a coconut gun he can fire from afar. and orange grenades.

also the dk congo bongo jam is powerful.

link should also be able to use tingle.

Also link could put on zora tunic hop in teh boat. and put on iron boots and hookshot DK and drag him down. Drowning him. He could wrap him up with the grapple first or stun him with the boomerang. or just kill DK while hes in the water cuz he isnt invincible.

From tp midna could help link teleport a lake to their location.

Top Bottom