• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

REL38

Smash Lord
*Facepalm with lols*

If Marth gets silencer he can possibly 1HKO anybody as that negates defenses such as being invincible.

I wish we had a few doubles fights so people can have backup.

But eh...

Doesn't work that way, PKMN Trainer controls mewtwo or whatever, Mewtwo can have said moves he has ingame.

Ness can't use Jeff's gun, it says so in the game, don't be silly.

WE should only allow things which are actually possible...

Mewtwo HAS NO TRAINER.

How does a wild Pokemon have access to items only usable by the Trainer?
Explain to me.

If we go simply by "had access to", then the Mother Boys can use anything their partners had access to.

Saying "it said in-game they can't lol" is completely contradictery to allowing Mewtwo something that he also couldn't use.

What reasoning is there behind Ness not having Jeff's Ray Gun?
He had access to it?
Why not?

"had access to" is a terrible reasoning for Mewtwo to have TM's.
What's a Wild Mewtwo at his most powerful?
A lvl 100 with moves he naturally learns.

Not a bunch of moves he cannot use.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Raizen

TM's =/= normal items

TM's are items only usable by Trainers.
Not Pokemon.
That's against canon.

Mario is capable of possesing items because he's shown to use them in-game.
Same with Marth.

But not with Mewtwo.
He is never shown to use TM's.

Salem

Smash Champion
Actually, he can't no matter what if he's wild.. If you guys give Mewtwo TMs, you're breaking canon.

@Salem: That would be a game mechanic. You can't break invincibility. It wouldn't be invincibility! xD
Yes, more "actual" true to their games.
That's what we need.

lol

It says so itself that it can bypass defenses such as invincibility. O_o
And it shows it.
So what do we call invincibility now sense said ability can bypass it? >_>
Hmm...

It's probably just doing something like how Mario dies in lava when he goes in it with a super star.

@missingnomaster

Yeah, but of course there was a time when he didn't have pokemon, and he can't catch them on a nuetral field.

@REL

lol

You forgot to ignore said pkmn trainer part and listen to the whatever part, which aka is me just following with what everybody else is saying.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, it's not canon but they themselves can get their own items, but we are being more 100% true to the games this time around, so no he can't get the items...

The weapon is not for Ness as thats what it says, plain and simple, there is no explanation for it.
He is not allowed access to equiping said item.
It said it ingame.

Same goes for Mario... he's not allowed to go back and obtain said item as Mewtwo can't go and get captured or get a new set of moves.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
@Raizen

TM's =/= normal items

TM's are items only usable by Trainers.
Not Pokemon.
That's against canon.

Mario is capable of possesing items because he's shown to use them in-game.
Same with Marth.

But not with Mewtwo.
He is never shown to use TM's.
Yeah, I was thinking of other stuff when I talked about Mario/Marth.

Well, there's still the Pokeball method Missingnomaster was talking about. Unless that gets disproved, Mewtwo will have his TMs till then.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Yes, more "actual" true to their games.
That's what we need.

l

@missingnomaster

Yeah, but of course there was a time when he didn't have pokemon, and he can't catch them on a nuetral field.
There was also a time when Marth had no weapons. He can't get those on a neutral field either.

owned

Now please stop trying to rewrite the entire thread.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I'm trying my best not to pair character's of the same series up with eachother, so while we'll determining the 'true to their game tier list', we can also get a 'true to their game series tier list'.

Wonder which series will come out top.

justaway12

Smash Master
WhatIsRaizen, I think PowerBomb disproved your release thing.

When a pokemon is realeased it can't be dissappears or something, the trainer can't recapture him, IIRC.

I would say Fire Emblem, since they never meet, IDK.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
WhatIsRaizen, I think PowerBomb disproved your release thing.

When a pokemon is realeased it can't be dissappears or something, the trainer can't recapture him, IIRC.

I would say Fire Emblem, since they never meet, IDK.
Can't be dissappears 0_o?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
lol

I'm talking about at the beggining of the game of pokemon, which is canon.

Marth began his game with a weapon.

Right back at ya.
You're still not rewriting the thread.

We NEVER went by beginning of the game only. We also never went by 100% game mechanics.

idk whether it should be considered a game mechanic that released pokemon are deleted or not. It seems kind of cruel to me. Plus, it says release, not delete.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Release stuff

When a Pokemon is released, it is basically deleted from the game.

Ex. If I catch a Golduck, teach it Thunder (probably can't :/), but accidently release it, I can never obtain said Pokemon or encounter it ever again.

If I frequent where you find Golducks, I will never find a Golduck with Thunder.
Why?
Because the released Pokemon will never be in the wild anymore.
They're basically deleted.
You can never encounter said released Pokemon ever again.

Salem

Smash Champion
Also WhatIsRaizen.

I heard of what you said about disallowing item usage.

No, you should only disallow or ban the possiblity of going back and getting said item/ability/stuff from past games, so people would have to select a game and a character.
They already have their full power most of the time at the very end of their games, it's also more true to their games.

@missingnomaster

I know, it's just cause back-up is not allowed and pkmn trainer shouldn't have pokemon cause they are true back-up.

We are almost there to the 100% true to their games i'm looking for...

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
@Release stuff

Ex. If I catch a Golduck, teach it Thunder (probably can't :/), but accidently release it, I can never obtain said Pokemon or encounter it ever again.

If I frequent where you find Golducks, I will never find a Golduck with Thunder.
Why?
@Justaway & Rel: Well, that seems true enough.

@Salem: I was just using that as an example.

@Irish: The topic's on Diddy Vs. Wario now.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disallow Mewtwo's TMs.

Also, someone provide me the summary of the match-up (B00zer Vs. m2) forgot how it goes.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Also WhatIsRaizen.

I heard of what you said about disallowing item usage.

No, you should only disallow or ban the possiblity of going back and getting said item/ability/stuff from past games, so people would have to select a game and a character.
They already have their full power most of the time at the very end of their games, it's also more true to their games.

@missingnomaster

I know, it's just cause back-up is not allowed and pkmn trainer shouldn't have pokemon cause they are true back-up.

We are almost there to the 100% true to their games i'm looking for...
He's called Pokemon Trainer.True to his game, he has pokemon with him. Now stop trying to rewrite the thread and go somewhere else for your "100% true to the games"
@Release stuff

Why?
Are you sure it's not a game mechanic? It says release, not delete. Isn't it kind of cruel if it was actually deleting the pokemon from existence?

REL38

Smash Lord
He's called Pokemon Trainer.True to his game, he has pokemon with him. Now stop trying to rewrite the thread and go somewhere else for your "100% true to the games"

Are you sure it's not a game mechanic? It says release, not delete. Isn't it kind of cruel if it was actually deleting the pokemon from existence?
1. Agreed.

We're not gonna change everything to meet your desires, Salem.
It's been like this from the beginning.
Deal with it.

2. To put it cruely, yes. They are deleted from life.

PETA response: Mewtwo is sent to a far-off land, free of pain and sadness. In the land of milk and honey where all unwanted Pokemon are sent to play Tennis and Nintendo reigns surpreme as the #1 video gaming company.

More or less :p

Salem

Smash Champion

You know I know that, i'm just trying to go by Raizen's rules...

And actually, people said something about the pokemon being back-up, I don't have to rewrite the thread for them to be so and I don't want pokemon trainer not to have his pokemon i'm just going by the rules, i'm expecting if people request enough though pokemon will become back-up for pkmn trainer and they'll be banned from him.

Yes, I shouldn't rewrite this thread... but by looking at things I can see there is something wrong with this thread, alot...

We aren't allowed to use spin off games? also... who said those games aren't canon? did nintendo say? no, just like every other game for example... is the Mario timeline canon? did nintendo say?

If they said yes to this and that then we can go with it.

I say we go 100% true to the games cause it's actually balanced, and characters such as Link doesn't feel like they're being ripped off cause cause everybody else doesn't have to select a game, they can just "fuse" together junk and get the impossible.

Now why do you not want a rewrited thread again?

Release is actually deleting them.
It doesn't say it so people wouldn't be as sad when they release their pokemon. lol
You'll never be able to obtain said pokemon again.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
(In regards to Rel) TBH, I don't really care, even though I don't agree with them being deleted. It doesn't affect Pokemon Trainer, so I'm not quite as interested.

Bowser destroys Mewtwo now. He can use items, and has stuff like Rock Candy, which deals 200 damage (SMRPG stats) and I'm pretty sure it's unavoidable. He has a lot of healing items, including items that fully restore his HP and FP.

Salem: Pokemon will never be backup, as long as there are competent people to defend Pokemon Trainer.

There's only things wrong with the thread IN YOUR OPINION.

Salem

Smash Champion
(In regards to Rel) TBH, I don't really care, even though I don't agree with them being deleted. It doesn't affect Pokemon Trainer, so I'm not quite as interested.

Bowser destroys Mewtwo now. He can use items, and has stuff like Rock Candy, which deals 200 damage (SMRPG stats) and I'm pretty sure it's unavoidable. He has a lot of healing items, including items that fully restore his HP and FP.

Salem: Pokemon will never be backup, as long as there are competent people to defend Pokemon Trainer.

There's only things wrong with the thread IN YOUR OPINION.
lol

Actually theres a few people who would agree with me saying there is something wrong with the thread, so it's not only my opinion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like Mewtwo getting TMs? Canon to his ****** game, he can't learn them since he's wild.

A Pokemon is wild if no trainer claims it and you can catch it.

In Melee, I don't think there's anything mentioning Mewtwo belonging to a character.
Neither is explained who actually IS the trainer of Pikachu and Jigglypuff in N64 and Brawl, cause both appear on stage in Pokeballs.

Raizen thank you for clarifying. I think Samo would be able to summarise this match up the best. Seems like he/she knows most about Mewtwo, but to be simple; Mewtwo has an answer to almost anything Bowser has, be it with TMs or not.

Now with Diddy vs Wario:

Dunno much about Wario, but it seems to me that Diddy needs to make sure he stays without Wario's range. Guitar Gazump would be helpful here, as is his invincibility. Peanut Popguns maybe would be ineffective, cause their peanuts and he's fighting Wario. Think Wario would eat them, cause he's a fatass. :chuckle:

Orange Grenades could in all reality be a pretty cool solution to this match. Diddy throws his orange-shaped bombs, Wario thinks it's fruit, eats it and it blows him up from the inside. :p Other than that, I dunno. Cause I don't know much about Wario.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
lol

Actually theres a few people who would agree with me saying there is something wrong with the thread, so it's not only my opinion.
That may be. But the majority seems to be fine with continuing the thread as it is, and finding simple solutions to issues as they come up, which is what we have been doing.

I'd tell you to go make your own thread to do it your way, but General Brawl Discussion really doesn't need 3 of these =/

EDIT: With access to items, Bowser has more than enough items to stall out Mewtwo.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Diddy

No TM's dude.

Bowser got this.
Item/Embargo counter --> teleport --> fire --> item/Embargo counter --> item/no more Embargo PP --> Star Rod --> dead Mewtwo . . . . . . . . Oh wait.

EDIT : No TM's = no Embargo (thanks for reminder, Missing)

Bowser uses anything he pleases.

pokeball entrance is for show.
How else would Pokemon show up?
Much less Mewtwo not being in a Master or Greater Ball.

Pokeball intro is show.

Salem

Smash Champion
That may be. But the majority seems to be fine with continuing the thread as it is, and finding simple solutions to issues as they come up, which is what we have been doing.

I'd tell you to go make your own thread to do it your way, but General Brawl Discussion really doesn't need 3 of these =/
Hm...
I'll see about that, if I can get more people to agree with me than said amount then I should possibly be able to rewrite said thread.

I would have done this right away, but I have hope for this thread to actually make more sense.

Always got to go through the trial and error phase.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy

No TM's dude.

Bowser got this.
Item/Embargo counter --> teleport --> fire --> item/Embargo counter --> item/no more Embargo PP --> Star Rod --> dead Mewtwo

pokeball entrance is for show.
How else would Pokemon show up?
Much less Mewtwo not being in a Master or Greater Ball.

Pokeball intro is show.
Why's there so much hate here? C'mon lighten up a bit. TMs are like items and there's NO PROOF if the Pokemon in Smash have trainers or not, asside from the obvious Pokemon Trainer ofcoarse. <_<

Raizen said it pretty simple actually. It is technically possible for Mewtwo to learn these moves, so he should get them. This is not comparing say Link when speculating if he would get the Triforce so please don't come with those sort of arguements cause this is different.

Anyhow you said:

Item/Embargo counter --> teleport --> fire --> item/Embargo counter --> item/no more Embargo PP --> Star Rod --> dead Mewtwo

Lemme rewrite that. Mewtwo is in italics

Item/Embargo counter --> teleport --> Calm Mind --> fire --> Calm Mind --> Aura Sphere Fire --> Calm Mind --> Bowser attacks item/Embargo counter --> ect. ect. ect. Mewtwo fully "charged" Calm Mind --> Bowser teleports --> Aura Sphere --> Dead Bowser

1.Bowser's teleport sucks
2.Aura Sphere doesn't miss

EDIT: As for Smash intro's. If Mewtwo would be in Brawl, yeah he'd likely appeared much like Lucario does it now. Except, you know maybe Mewtwo was in the Day Care or something? :p

WE. SIMPLY. DON'T. KNOW.

Wild or not, it doesn't mather. Raizen said he gets TM moves, so he gets TM moves.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Justaway & Rel: Well, that seems true enough.

@Salem: I was just using that as an example.

@Irish: The topic's on Diddy Vs. Wario now.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disallow Mewtwo's TMs.

Also, someone provide me the summary of the match-up (B00zer Vs. m2) forgot how it goes.

lolwut?

C'mon Diddy. I'm sure you saw this.
No TM's for big bad Mewtwo :p

Bowser has full usage of Earthquake, Freeze Storm, Rock Candy and other items that damage Mewtwo.

Mushrooms galore for healing.

Bowser has fire balls, teleportation, homing fire and monstrous jumps.

He also has the trump card, Star Rod.

Mewtwo can't stand up to Bowser with his measly natural moveset.

btw
Didn't mean to come off as rude.
Just how I type.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No TMs? <_< Well no then of coarse Mewtwo can't win if Bowser's invincible cause of the Star Rod. No, I didn't saw it cause I didn't read it yet. :p

Well, there's always Disable lol... <_< Would Disable work on the Star Rod?

If Bowser attacks first with a uber attack, Mewtwo can use Me First to attack first with 1.5 x the power of Bowser's attack. His faster speed makes him use Psychic or Aura Sphere before Bowser can move and thus likely kill him.

Ohh this is maybe a good one. Move Tutors. In HG/SS appearantly there's a move totur who learns the move Trick. Trades held items. ^^ Mewtwo with Star Rod? Still isn't impossible even without Snatch, Embargo or whatever.

Also, why are TMs disallowed? There's no proof Mewtwo's wild or not, so why not have him at his full strenght just like other characters?

EDIT: Does anyone here knows a thing about Wario? Cause I think he'd maybe be uninteligent enough to eat a Orange Grenade and blow himself up. :D

Salem

Smash Champion
No TMs? <_< Well no then of coarse Mewtwo can't win if Bowser's invincible cause of the Star Rod. No, I didn't saw it cause I didn't read it yet. :p

Well, there's always Disable lol... <_< Would Disable work on the Star Rod?

If Bowser attacks first with a uber attack, Mewtwo can use Me First to attack first with 1.5 x the power of Bowser's attack. His faster speed makes him use Psychic or Aura Sphere before Bowser can move and thus likely kill him.

Ohh this is maybe a good one. Move Tutors. In HG/SS appearantly there's a move totur who learns the move Trick. Trades held items. ^^ Mewtwo with Star Rod? Still isn't impossible even without Snatch, Embargo or whatever.

Also, why are TMs disallowed? There's no proof Mewtwo's wild or not, so why not have him at his full strenght just like other characters?
Cause we are leaning more towards 100% true to their games.

Mewtwo is just an enemy char like every other pokemon. >_>

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then we'd better place Pichu on the bottom tier already, cause the only ones avaiable are lvl 1 ones after they hatched from their Eggs. <_< R.O.B could possibly even beat that.

I liked the other idea better: Let characters be to their max potential.

Besides, the idea of Mewtwo using moves from a TM isn't as strange as Bowser using an item he canoncally lost and never returned in the series. <_< If Bowser and other characters can get obscure ****, Mewtwo can AT LEAST have his TM moves. We're ignoring a lot for Mewtwo already, why limit him even more?

Mewtwo using TM moves is BY FAR more true to the Pokemon game series than Bowser using the Star Rod, which he lost, which never returned and isn't important to the Mario sereis as a whole AT ALL.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What are you talking about?

Mewtwo is wild. Do you see a Master Ball summoning him? No, obviously not.

Do wild Pokemon know TM moves (not level-up moves)? No? Of course not.

Does Mewtwo have a trainer behind him? No, he doesn't. Can you select Mewtwo when you pick Pokemon Trainer? No, you can't.

Mewtwo can't learn TMs. Sorry.

EDIT: Actually, we'd place Pichu at level 100 (for potential) with IVs at 31. Level up movepool and blah blah blah

EDIT2: Move tutors are only available via the trainer. Also, you dunno the mechanics of Me First, do you? It takes the move the foe was about to use, and uses it against them with 1.5x power. If it's not an attacking move, it fails. Invincibility spam

Mewtwo's Melee Trophy said:
A genetically created Pokémon, Mewtwo is the result of many long years of research by a solitary scientist. Although Mewtwo was cloned from the genes of the legendary Pokémon Mew, its size and character are far different than its ancestor. Its battle abilities have been radically heightened, making it ruthless.
I don't see mention of a trainer.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
When I said how you were going to smash temples as a giant, I was simply talking about in-game. You said the developers wouldn't want you to go smashing through the temples, because it would ruin the game. The temples wouldn't get smashed in the same way hacking your sword at a tree wouldn't cause damage to the tree.
That's what I don't agree with, you're going with game limitation logic instead of common sense, so the trees in the game don't get cuts, that doesn't mean trees in in the series are impervious to sword strike, I'm sure if there was a cutscene or a need to cut a tree down with a sword it would happen.

But by your logic it is not possible, i do not agree with your approach with this, I vote for common sense, if Link slashes at a tree, the trees gonna get cut, instead of your logic, which would be that since Link cannot cut any part of a tree that DK could hide behind a bunch of branches and Link would never be able to approach him, this is not an efficent way to go about this, it creates too many questionable limitations

Link can't even lift a Bomb without the Goron Bracelet.
That's Kid Link foo, and even he has been shown to move large rock in MM without any bracelet and same thing with bombs, there so Link has different abilities in 2 games with the exact same person, so what are you gonna do about this, how about we take the best of what each character has instead of putting stupid limitations on them

Then Samus wins. Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion Instruction Booklets say Samus runs at supersonic speeds with the Speed Booster. Those speeds are between Mach 1 and Mach 4.9. Mach 5 is hypersonic speed. In the Super Metroid Instruction Booklet, it says Samus is invincible when she uses the Speed Booster. Link cannot do anything about this, because Samus is moving too quick for Link anyway.
If she truly can run at those speeds then I agree Link is ****ed, slowing time down would do the trick via Farore's Wind + Inverted Song of Time but that's only if she doens't use this ability right away

Link has arrows. At best, modern arrows fly at 187 mph.
And here I thought you were still using game logic instead of real world logic:ohwell:, in OOT the arrows Link shoots hit targets very far away pretty much instantaneously so we should use that as reference:p, I believe it also goes to the sun to get the fire arrow within seconds, super speed arrows FTW:psycho:

Then I guess Link cannot defeat Samus. His sword has trouble piercing through armor or shields. What is Samus wearing? Armor. I guess she won't take damage from the Master Sword. I mean, let's stop adding a bit of realism here, even though we both are adding realism by allowing the characters to do things they are otherwise incapable of doing. Or should Link still be incapable of jumping without Roc's Cape?
How about no switching between the two just to support your argument, pick one, I vote realism with events that are more theory because they were never doable in a game

Like Samus' grappble beam, you could only use it on specified objects, not everything so Link's shield wouldn't be grappable, this is a game limitation set to balance the game just like the Giant's Mask, you can't set one to be ok but not the other, it has to be yes for all or no for all, let's use some realistic sense saying she can grapple whatever she wants, then we must also say Link can use the masks wherever he wants

Not agreeing to that is just being a douchebag trying to cheaply add more advantages to one character to make them win making this a laughable attempt at a tier list

BTW Link has shown to be able to strip armor off Darknuts and Iron Knuckles with his sword so he could strip Samus'

I love the irony here. A spirit leaving a body once the body dies is called an "afterlife." Saying this spirit then dwells in another body when a hero is needed is just plain reincarnation. Both views are religious views. So, I laugh at you for ignoring the religious and philosophical things, even though the Zelda series is guilty for having a dualistic mythology of light versus dark (Zoroastrianism; Manichaeism), has three gods (tritheism or trinitarianism?), has Fierce Deity, another god (perhaps polytheism?), and Ganondorf is resurrected.
I meant let's not argue about religious views themselves, not how they apply to the game:ohwell:

When you're losing, resort to insulting other peoples' intelligence! Please prove it.
Claiming victory is ignorance, I already gave you the info, if you choose not to believe it then oh well

Please prove that Shigeru Miyamoto meant what you're saying. Please prove that it's the same Link in a different body.
By that, I meant he cannot mean what you're saying because that would contradict the in-game evidence, game evidence>what developer's say is true, can't change what's there no matter what, so it's more like even if he didn't mean that, it doesn't matter

Nintendo has officially stated there is no timeline to Zelda, yet miyamoto has said there is, contradiction, this is why you ignore these people and look to the game only
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/there-is-no-timeline/

Doesn't matter. Prove reincarnation is involved. And don't call me Dippy. You may call your 12 year old brother whatever you want, but I am not your 12 year old brother. Do not call me Dippy or any other name.
:laugh: But it's so funny, I could but fine I'll have at least that much respect for you

Explain what else it could be when it involves same soul different body

It calls him the Hero of Time.
It says that he is the ancient hero of legend, I would suppose that these deities having been watching over hyrule would know who he is so who else would they be referencing, so you're doubting their knowledge despite having shown much about the history of hyrule? That is futile

Hey, guess what? You weren't here when all these pages were around, and when we had at least 100 pages of Samus versus Link. Guess what? It was not every incarnation of Link combined into one. This has already been established, newcomer.
So which Link is it then, if the TC agreed to this and established it, why is it not in the OP? Not listing all the rules does not help, if the TC has agreed that only 1 version of Link is to be used then fine, but that is mighty gay, just take Link off this list then or put at the very bottom immediately because people against Link can just choose his weakest version and say the character they support would win, what a cheap method

One more thing though, with playing songs to slow time or use nayru's love which has startup time, how is it you get to decide what the character would do, maybe they would just sit there and laugh at Link playing a song, you see this is why I say you list what is possible for them to do rather than what you think they would do, which is why I say Link would dodge grapple beam, you apply certain rules to one character and not the other, how can you go about this and think it reasonable?

It's not, plain and simple, I vote reason, you obviously do not.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
only one thing I want to address right now: Link shooting an arrow to the sun in mere seconds is more illogical than Galekill's calculation that Link could throw a shield at Mach 31

-first of all, the arrow would have to survive exiting the planet's atmosphere.

-If the distance between LoZ's sun is anywhere near the distance between our Sun and the Earth(Which, there is no actual data suggesting otherwise, so it's the most logical comparison) then Link's arrow would have to travel many times the speed of light in order to reach the sun in seconds.
There may be more problems, but I'm short on time.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
lol

I agree here, there's things wrong, my advice, don't take this thread seriously, let it be for funz and lolz because thar be no truth here in matchups the way it is

only one thing I want to address right now: Link shooting an arrow to the sun in mere seconds is more illogical than Galekill's calculation that Link could throw a shield at Mach 31

-first of all, the arrow would have to survive exiting the planet's atmosphere.

-If the distance between LoZ's sun is anywhere near the distance between our Sun and the Earth(Which, there is no actual data suggesting otherwise, so it's the most logical comparison) then Link's arrow would have to travel many times the speed of light in order to reach the sun in seconds.
There may be more problems, but I'm short on time.
A lot of things in Zelda are illogical, in general a lot of things in video games in general is illogical, so what's your point? And judging by the sun's size, it is relatively the same distance from the earth as it is in real life

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Actually, when you fire your arrow at the sun, when the Fire Arrows fall, you can still see your arrow floating, far away from the sun, as the Fire Arrows fall.

The arrow never made it to the sun.

Lulz said:
BTW Link has shown to be able to strip armor off Darknuts and Iron Knuckles with his sword so he could strip Samus'
I lol'd. Real hard. I love how you're comparing pre-modern armor to this futuristic armor that outclasses every other technological thing in the series.

No, that wouldn't happen. Samus Suit is much tougher. Way tougher.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Actually, when you fire your arrow at the sun, when the Fire Arrows fall, you can still see your arrow floating, far away from the sun, as the Fire Arrows fall.

The arrow never made it to the sun.
They're not actually going to create a perfect distance to the sun in a game that's just a bunch of wasteful space, it's the concept that matters

Also video for proof, I do not remember seeing this

^ @ EDIT: Proof that it's made from some super impervious armor? I'm guessing it's still metallic material, in which case just being made in the future is not good enough, Link can strip off metallic material via sword attacks

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Prove your first comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWdy-RAYSc8

You can kind of see it in this vid. Gah, most of the vids I find are blinded by the sun.

@EDIT: *facepalm* Oh yeah? Prove Samus' defensive capabilities = Darknut's/Iron Knuckle's defensive capabilities. Samus' armor hasn't been stripped off by anything except for story lasers.

Top Bottom