• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

UncleSam

Smash Master
Mario would need to take out the item and use it.
all PT needs to do is say "____ use embargo" voila.
IDK how that would take a while.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Alright, now:

VS.

Current Match-Up:
THE HERO OF TIME Vs. THE ELECTRIC RAT

ToonLink VS. Pikachu

:toonlink: vs. :pikachu:

Round 2, Match 4.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

, :ganondorf:, :mario2:

Wins +1:

, ,
, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :dedede:, :ike:

Neutral:

, ,
, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

, ,
, :rob:, :gw:,

UncleSam

Smash Master
TL rep. time.
Magic armor would make Tink invincible to attacks as long as he has magik and he's got 4 bottles which can hold blue potions, granny's soup/elixir/thingy.

Samochan

Smash Master
Nah, embargo is an effect, but not status ailment.

Again, Gardevoir psychic powers to create black hole thingy rawr. :3

What about other legendary pokes Red could obtain? Apparently, Garchomp can also fly in speed equal to a jet plane, thus the "Mach pokemon" in species.

--

Where does TL get magic armor? <_>

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
@justaway: Yes, if it's a in-game ability it'll be allowed. That would also mean I'll have to allow Link's teleport through Midna, and Ganon had the full triforce at one point.. right?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Mario's ultra jump doesn't go on one person, it goes to everyone, it is completely random

For example, first it goes to Luigia, then Red, then Pokemon no2, then back to Pokemon no2, then Red again etc.

And since when was it a shield?
Protect was always a shield in every pokemon game it appeared in.

Though if Mario could just keep bouncing on the shield until it disappears and then continue on to Red, it doesn't matter for this matchup.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Pikachu can create 100,000 volts of lighting, and WW Link can create insanely cold ice and insanely hot fire arrows.

This will basically be a one-hit spinoff.

Pikachu is alot more mobile though, much faster too.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
But he can't summon her willy-nilly

I thought that was the reason you added Meta-knights army but not any other back-up, if he can't summon her, how would she know?
If they have an in-game abilty to summon them, wish them there, whatever, I think it should be allowed, not just anything.

And here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkWxru2TM0#t=1m16s
But Link does summon her in-game.

Oh and where in the video? Don't wana go through all of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shouldn't TP Link and OoT Link get different spots on the tier list then? Cause of Wolf Link, TP Link is drastically different from OoT.

Anyway... dunno who wins, but I'm leaning towards Toon Link. He can probably take some more hits, and has Magic Armor.

EDIT: What?! Mario won last match up? What's that, he'll likely get killed before he gets the chance. <_< Ultra Jump eh? Hows that? Not before he gets attacked first.

UncleSam

Smash Master
EDIT: What?! Mario won last match up? What's that, he'll likely get killed before he gets the chance. <_< Ultra Jump eh? Hows that? Not before he gets attacked first.
apparently Mario can change to downward momentum at will so the ultrajump would be fast enough not to be whacked by thunder.
EDIT: which would have 100% accuracy while he is in midair

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Thunder doesn't always hit in the air. Even if the opponent used fly, it can still miss.
Still 70% as it isn't raining in a neutral battlefield.

Oops. Misread that a bit.

Toon Link would KO Pikachu.

Even if Pikachu had light ball, Toon Link's magic armor would nullify the damage. Also, Pika's low defense would mean it wouldn't be able to take many hits.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, then if Thunder has 100% accuracy, it would hit Mario even while jumping right? What can he do after that? He'll likely fall and get hit by another powerful attack. Dunno how Mario could win this.

EDIT: 70% is still pretty good. And when Kyorge is out, it's 100% cause of the rain.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm sure there are attacks from any of those Pokemon which are faster. Deoxys Speed Mode (dunno if Deoxys is allowed) or Ninjask would be faster than Mario. Most likely a lot other Pokemon as well, as Mario doesn't strike me as... fast.

UncleSam

Smash Master
wait a sec...
we've been talking about paper mario this whole time.
isn't that different than the other mario's since they rely on different graphical planes?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Mario's jumps don't miss in SMRPG or Paper Mario.
Also, Mario can start jumping right away meanwhile PT has to issue a command.
In that time, Mario is already falling to hit PT.

Toon Link's magic armor would defeat Pikachu.

UncleSam

Smash Master
physical attacks, magic, the whole shebang.
It's like Link's only w/o the rupees, and not heavy.
AKA no side-effects

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yeah, with the Magic Armor, Toon Link will be resistant against any attack. When Toon Link is using this, he is unable to use Fire, Ice, or Light Arrows, or any other magic item. Also, Toon Link should have some item in his bottles that could restore magic if necessary.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Pikachu never killed anything. It only fainted pokemon temporarily.

Therefore, Toon Link wins.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Pikachu never killed anything. It only fainted pokemon temporarily.

Therefore, Toon Link wins.
By that logic, pokemon characters lose all their matchups.

Though fainting should be adequate to win, since the opponent can't fight back.

there's more problems with your statement, but I don't want to go into it right now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario's jumps could easily be countered by Protect or whatever attack. I find this "Mario just jumps over Red's pogeymanz and kills him" a bit of a... easy way of victory for Mario. =/ 6 Pokemon who are out at once just let him attack without doing anything?

EDIT: As for this match up, Toon Link pretty much wins this yeah. Magic Armor probably would be effective against lightning as well.

However, Toon Link can be knocked over well Magic Armor is in effect, so maybe he's still vurnable to things as paralysis..? If that'd be possible, Pikachu has a slight chance to win.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Ultra Jump can last forever, so Mario can just keep jumping on Protect's barrier until it wears off.

Plus, Red won't have time to get all 6 out in that match.

UncleSam

Smash Master
EDIT: As for this match up, Toon Link pretty much wins this yeah. Magic Armor probably would be effective against lightning as well.

However, Toon Link can be knocked over well Magic Armor is in effect, so maybe he's still vurnable to things as paralysis..? If that'd be possible, Pikachu has a slight chance to win.
It's just knockback, Links M.A. had it too. As long as it's up he's protected against everything. And it weighs virtually nothing since it's made of magic.
invincibility is so confusing.:dizzy:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, then Toon Link pretty much wins. Pikachu just can't last long enough to get a change to attack Toon Link when he's without Magic. Toon Link can't use Magic while he's using the Magic Armor though can't he?

Double Team would help Pikachu evade attacks untill Toon Link's Magic runs out.
Pikachu can also learn Endure, give him Leftovers as held item and he could probably stall out pretty long as well. Problem is, he can't have Light Ball then, which is kinda neccesary for Pikachu to win.

Hmm... Still thinking Toon Link would win.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think TL's magic armor does resist electric, which helps him in this match-up alot.

Moving on.

VS.

Current Match-Up:
THE CHOSEN ONE Vs. THE ELECTRIC BABY

Young Link Vs. Pichu

:younglinkmelee: vs. :pichu:

Round 2, Match 5.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :snake:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :yoshi2:, :wolf:, :pichu:, :younglinkmelee:, :dedede:, :ike:

Neutral:

:peach:, :zelda:, :bowser2:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

:mewtwo:, :zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same results as previous match up really. Except with Masks. Is there an invincibility mask?

And just to clarify, can Pokemon get TM moves? Cause I REALLY think Mewtwo should've won from Bowser if he can. Or at least make it a draw.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
And just to clarify, can Pokemon get TM moves? Cause I REALLY think Mewtwo should've won from Bowser if he can. Or at least make it a draw.
Yeah, I recently allowed TMs because of the reasoning Samochan provided.

How will it be a draw though?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems like a draw, cause it all depends on what really happens. The characters greatly counter each other. Mewtwo can easily disable Bowser's use of items with Embargo, leaving him without Star Rod. It all depends on what moveset Mewtwo has, or what strategy Bowser will use.

Mewtwo's advantages:
- Embargo prevents item usage.
- A few Calm Mind set ups probably end up in OHKO'ing Bowser with Aura Sphere (probably hits through teleport, would likely hit anyway if Bowser keeps on teleporting and doing nothing)
- Recover. Mewtwo can heal, while Bowser can't without items
- Taunt lets Bowser only be able to use attacking moves. Gaining invincibility isn't attacking. Mewtwo predicting Bowser's next move would use Me First, which would do 1.5 times damage of Bowser's attack probably OHKO'ing him as well. <- I think that's the most realistic thing to happen actually. Most likely as with most RPG characters, they deal damage higher than they can take themselves so assuming Bowser can do this... OHKO for Bowser.

EDIT: So most likely, Mewtwo's moveset will look like this vs. Bowser:
Recover
Me First
Embargo
Taunt?

Defensive nature and defensive build would help Mewtwo receive less damage, if he'll get any. Also, if Mewtwo has options which let him able to attack characters with invincibility, doesn't he rightfully belong somewhere high on this list? <_<

Top Bottom