• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

BSP

Smash Legend
so kirby does get to start the battle with an ability? If yes, Sonic should be able to start the battle hyper, and hit him before he can turn into a stone...

What's the start-up time on stone? or could someone post a vid with it, cause im not too familiar with it.

REL38

Smash Lord
so kirby does get to start the battle with an ability? If yes, Sonic should be able to start the battle hyper, and hit him before he can turn into a stone...

What's the start-up time on stone? or could someone post a vid with it, cause im not too familiar with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYUvoIWPprk

It's actually alot faster than I remembered O__o

But I'm opposed to Sonic starting the match as Super.
Kirby can bring in an ability, but he still needs to go through the animation to turn into Stone.
Sonic has the ability to go Super, but still needs to go through the animation to turn Super.

The result is Kirby getting the Stone out faster.

BSP

Smash Legend
ok, it's looking like this might be a tie then, because if he deactivates stone, he gets owned, but he can stay in it forever, so nothing happens...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No, it wouldn't stop Sonic from going Super. He just has to be near the emeralds to go Super, he doesn't actually have to be touching them.
I would like to point out that Kirby's stomach is another dimension so if a Chaos emerald goes there, it's out of range.

I don't think Stone can last forever though. Isn't there a time limit on stone like 5 seconds or something in Kirby Super Star?

Also, I remember that grab based enemy abilities were able to grab him out of stone.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
♣ Kirby Air Ride strongly decreased the speed on all Air Ride Machines if you can see the game play, poor things can't even fly, but glide. ); ♥

♣ I can't speak for the rest of the Air Ride Machine, but the Warp Star is able to move very fast, speed to go to other planets very quick. ♥
Notice I brought up the part where Kirby broke the sound barrier. That's a transition from transonic to supersonic speed (Mach 0.8 to Mach 1.2).

Anyway, this one looks like a tie.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How is it a tie when Sonic's emeralds eventually run out?
Kirby uses his Stone ability. Sonic waits for Kirby to return to his normal form. Sonic attacks if Kirby resumes his normal form. Not to mention, Sonic moves way too fast for Kirby to do anything to him.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, new match-up.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE BRAVE WARRIOR Vs. THE MALLET PENGUIN

King Dedede Vs. Ike

:dedede: Vs. :ike:

Round 2, Match 7

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:,

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :snake:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :yoshi2:, :wolf:, :dedede:, :ike:

Neutral:

:peach:, :zelda:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:,

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that Ike can not be harmed by anything that aren't one of the five weapons blessed by Ashera (one of them being Ragnell, his very own).

Lovely

Smash Lord
Notice I brought up the part where Kirby broke the sound barrier. That's a transition from transonic to supersonic speed (Mach 0.8 to Mach 1.2).

Anyway, this one looks like a tie.
♣ I might had miss that part. ;p ♥

The question is, exactly how 'much' invincible?
♣ Only game that Stone can be broken is if Stone is from Kirby 64, the rest of the Kirby games, Stone can't be broken unless someone that is a giant grabs him, (which has to be size of Bowser regular size hands to grab him out of stone). ♥

♣ New match up? I guess I'll go with Ike on this match, Dedede isn't strong enough for Ike. ♥

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Kirby is only 3 inches tall.

Dedede is twice the size of Kirby.

6 inches is twice the height of 3 inches.

It's safe to say that Dedede can't do much damage to Ike.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I think Neo needs to look at the Kirby Wiki for Kirby's height. xD

King Dedede size is unknown to me, on some of the games his size seems to change, in the anime he's very much taller, I can't tell, lol. This might be a tough fight if it were Masked Dedede.

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is only 3 inches tall.

Dedede is twice the size of Kirby.

6 inches is twice the height of 3 inches.

It's safe to say that Dedede can't do much damage to Ike.
Kirby's 8in(20cm) tall. That makes Dedede at least 16in(40cm).

Sleepy God said:
This might be a tough fight if it were Masked Dedede.
It would be if it weren't for that invincibility thing. There's a chance MDDD could knock Ike's sword from his hands; that metal hammer is very heavy, and given that Dedede handles it with no problem he's likely strong enough to go head to head with Ike, possibly enough to remove his sword.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
What? If that's true then his games would be easy. Can you explain what gives him this immunity?
*sigh*

Every enemy he faces after the blessing in FE10 is also blessed.

It's not just 5 weapons, its anything or anyone blessed by the Goddesses when it comes to physical damage. For example, if a boxer was blessed, he'd be able to hurt Ike with his fists. But if a machine gunner wasn't blessed, the bullets wouldn't hurt him. But if the same machine gunner that wasn't blessed found a blessed sword dropped somewhere (not that it actually happens, just an example), and uses the sword on Ike, he could hurt Ike.

Since the FE universe has no method of mentally attacking a foe, it's safe to assume that the blessing only protects from physical damage (swords, bullets, ect), or magic that causes physical damage (Fire spell, Flux spell, ect). Meaning Ness/Lucas/Mewtwo would be able to go "lol mindrape". And Bowser with the Star Rod from Paper Mario may or may not be able to wish Ike to be unblessed, or to have a blessed weapon. That battle will be quite a headache. >_>

D3 has no blessed weapons or mental attacks. He's kinda screwed. And he can't really flee quickly (correct me if I'm wrong), so he can't tie either.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
VS.

Quickly moving on.

Current Match-Up:
PRINCESS TOADSTOOL Vs. THE SOLID SOILDER

Peach Vs. Snake

:peach: Vs. :snake:

Round 2, Match 8.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :snake:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :yoshi2:, :wolf:

Neutral:

:peach:, :zelda:, :link2:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dedede:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Snake will be surprised to find that he's not the only one with explosives.

Peach's Psyche Bomb will likely be more than a match for Snake.

If she needs to take cover, she's got her unbreakable parasol.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Peach > Snake. She has all sorts of stuff that gives Snake headaches.

She can make him fall asleep and then hit him on the head with a frying pan.

That picture is awfully suggestive.

Nicole

Smash Champion
The Peach from Mario RPG is probably quite capable of beating up on Snake.She can heal herself and has some useful offensive magic too (the sleep spell in particular).

One grenade would probably kill her though, but Snake would probably not have a chance to use it unless he was able to sneak up on her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could be a draw then. Peach wins if they fight "fair" with her healing, magic attacks and parasol but Snake would deffinatly win if he is able to sneak up on Peach... Which I think wouldn't be so difficult seeing as she's constantly kidnapped by Bowser. <_<

EDIT: As for last match up. I agree that Ike wins but not for the reason why. He's not invincible from attacks. Besides, wasn't the blessing temporary? Why did he lose to Falcon then?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Samochan, that smiley face annoys me for some reason. O_o

Why would Snake try and sneak on a battlefield where the two start by facing each other off to ensure neutrality?

Top Bottom