• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Samochan

Smash Master
<_<

Canonically, Red has the pokemons from HGSS. Those you mentioned Raizen are only his pokes from Brawl and not the actual game he has appeared on. But as you play Red on RBY, canonically you are allowed to use other pokemons too. And as Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh are easily traveled around... there's really no reason to limit Red's pokemon choices, especially when you can find pokes from all generations from Johto and Kanto alone (hgss).

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
PRINCESS ZELDA Vs. THE GREEN DINO

Zelda Vs. Yoshi

:zelda: Vs. :yoshi2:

Round 2, Match 9.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :yoshi2:, :wolf:, :peach:

Neutral:

:snake:, :zelda:, :link2:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dedede:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:
That picture is awfully suggestive.
I know.

Samochan

Smash Master
Zelda definitely has the range advantage with her light arrows, the very least. Yoshi's only projectile is his egg throw and it's not exceptionally fast nor exceptionally strong attack. I can also imagine she can use the sword she was cluthing on TP, I really doubt it was there just for the show. :p Then her telepathic abilities need to also be accounted to, dunno bout that prediction thing however. To me Zelda has exhibited telepathic powers when she relays messages (like Lttp) and not for other things like battling.

I wonder if she has the ability to heal herself as well, because she threw hearts at Link on OoT when they escaped Ganon's tower and that's basically equivalent of healing Link (with a fashion).

I also see we're not having sheik as a separate character. Should we allow Zelda to transform into sheik and back at will? And if we did, what abilities sheik had again (apart from escaping with deku nuts and playing/teachign songs with that harpy).

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Zelda definitely has the range advantage with her light arrows, the very least. Yoshi's only projectile is his egg throw and it's not exceptionally fast nor exceptionally strong attack. I can also imagine she can use the sword she was cluthing on TP, I really doubt it was there just for the show. :p Then her telepathic abilities need to also be accounted to, dunno bout that prediction thing however. To me Zelda has exhibited telepathic powers when she relays messages (like Lttp) and not for other things like battling.

I wonder if she has the ability to heal herself as well, because she threw hearts at Link on OoT when they escaped Ganon's tower and that's basically equivalent of healing Link (with a fashion).

I also see we're not having sheik as a separate character. Should we allow Zelda to transform into sheik and back at will? And if we did, what abilities sheik had again (apart from escaping with deku nuts and playing/teachign songs with that harpy).
Yes, Zelda and Sheik are one character. I don't have much knowledge on Sheik though.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE PHYSIC KID Vs. THE SPACE WOLF

Ness Vs. Wolf

:ness2: Vs. :wolf:

Round 2, Match 10

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :wolf:, :peach:, :zelda:

Neutral:

:snake:, :link2:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dedede:, :yoshi2:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:

Samochan

Smash Master
<_>;; Wasn't that like, way too quick? We had no opinions from anyone else besides me and yoshi got no uh, vote of confidence here lol.

And why's mewtwo and bowser suddenly in the loss -1 category when last time I checked, both were neutral? <_>

Please refrain from using images that stretch the screen too. There are smaller wolf pics you know. :p

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
<_>;; Wasn't that like, way too quick? We had no opinions from anyone else besides me and yoshi got no uh, vote of confidence here lol.

And why's mewtwo and bowser suddenly in the loss -1 category when last time I checked, both were neutral? <_>

Please refrain from using images that stretch the screen too. There are smaller wolf pics you know. :p
There wasn't anyone discussing so I decided to move on.

Mewtwo and Bowser both lost to another character, giving them a loss -1.

Too lazy. <_<

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I don't think Yoshi would be able to beat Zelda. Even if he was allowed to start with a full set of large eggs, I just don't think they would compare to Light Arrows (Yoshi isn't evil, but he can't take many hits, going by Yoshi's Story)

Ness would likely have the advantage offensively and defensively against Wolf, but Wolf has evasion on his side. I don't think he would ever have to get in range of Ness' attacks. Therefore, this one may end up a Draw.

Does the Wolfen have bombs or any non-laser weaponry?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas beat Falco right? I think Ness will have a more difficult time with this one. Ness' PSI Rockin is dependend on both his and his opponent's speed. Wolf's probably way too fast for Ness. Ness has no Mementos like Lucas which keep him longer alive and no Counter PSI, hes got better HP though.

Dunno man, Ness could very well lose this one.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How did Peach win?

Did you guys forget Snake's machine gun/rocket launcher/Grenade laucher/CQC/etc. with unlmited ammo and his many rations?

I know she has healing magic a la SMRPG, but that won't help her forever if he's choking her.

Also, the rations that restore HP are infinite too, a la MGS2.

This thread moves fast.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No has a response to what I said? I wasn't online when it happened and I'm the only one here in this thread who is Metal Gear savvy.

Anyway, no. They aren't seperate characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Machine gun, rocket launcher with infinitive ammo? How exactly does Peach expect to land a hit to Snake like that???

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Wait, doesn't Zeldas arrows only affect bad people?
IDK, though.
It's hard to say with Zelda's light arrows, but Link's light arrows did 1 heart to himself in WW, as well as electrifying him.
Lucas beat Falco right? I think Ness will have a more difficult time with this one. Ness' PSI Rockin is dependend on both his and his opponent's speed. Wolf's probably way too fast for Ness. Ness has no Mementos like Lucas which keep him longer alive and no Counter PSI, hes got better HP though.

Dunno man, Ness could very well lose this one.
I'm pretty sure Powershield works like Counter. But since Wolf can probably stay out of Ness' range forever, this may end in a draw.
How did Peach win?

Did you guys forget Snake's machine gun/rocket launcher/Grenade laucher/CQC/etc. with unlmited ammo and his many rations?

I know she has healing magic a la SMRPG, but that won't help her forever if he's choking her.

Also, the rations that restore HP are infinite too, a la MGS2.

This thread moves fast.
That's a good point. A machine gun would be a lot quicker than Peach's magic. And infinite ammo makes it really deadly to almost everyone.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Well, are health mechanics used in this? Otherwise, we have some BS like Peach surviving machine gun bullets.

Peach can stop time, can she not?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
To my knowledge of SMRPG, no. In SPP, I think she can form a barrier briefly.

Yes, health Mechanics are used in this as Samus and Zamus have about 20 energy bars.

Even if the Parasol was really indestructible(which it probably is in Super Princess Peach), he can just use the machine gun bullets to force her to block the bullets and he can move and shoot so he can safely approach her and, checkmate.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Peach can use the Stop Watch to stop time, but as it takes 4 seconds to activate, that means taking a ton of punishment from Snake.

Are there any specifics on Snake's machine gun's rate of fire? And can it overheat?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That method is luck dependent. Either way, she pulls it up slowly, so Punishment from Snake can happen.

Snake's guns don't overheat, and thanks to tactical reload, he has no reload or lag time.
He can alos use tactical reload to remove the lag and recoil from weapons like the RPG, meaning rapid fire rockets.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I know, but the stop watch takes 4 seconds to activate, so like missignomaster said, punishement.

The SMB2 method requires luck and to be from vegetable grass, which is nonexistent in a neutral battlefield.

Also, Psycho Bomb has a lot of windup so it isn't safe for her to use it.

justaway12

Smash Master
She gets the barrier and opens it, though it is 2 dimensional but good for her front, again, she can hide under her parasol.

Her mad vibe from Super Princess Peach kills everything on contact, that would include his bullets.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How do you kill bullets?

EDIT: Power Suit Samus' health mechanics are actually the energy/fuel used by her Suit to protect her and stuff. Zamus' health stuff... no idea. Maybe, but she keeps the Suit 'within' herself.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That vibe doesn't last forever, unlike his bullets.

Also, he can fire Grenade Launcher rounds rapidly behind her to damage her.

About the rapid fire rockets, someone with perfect control might be able to fire them fast enough to freeze the game LOL.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*Looks up Super Mario Wiki*
The mad vibe doesn't kill anything it touches, it burns them. Weak enemies can't take a hit from this but Snake can. The Sneaking suit reduces damage too.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Umm..... yeah.... He's survived crazier nonsense.

He also has the rations to help him survive.

Anyway, vibes take about 0.7 seconds to fully activate, meaning Snake can land a headshot or just tranquilize her right before the effect begin, putting her to sleep in a few seconds or insttantly if it's a head shot or chest shot. The nap is long enough to outlast the stop watch's effect. Naps from tranqulizers last for a minimum of 3 minutes.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes it does. He doesn't really have to aim at all considering that he'll start the fight facing her and taking out the tranquilizer, or anything he has for the matter is instant.

Top Bottom