• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi has more than one stopwatch, can bring life shrooms, block blocks(makes the character invulnerable). Can roy hit luigi before he uses his first watch? If he cant, he has to become invulnerable or lose.

Oh, we moved on...

Wolfen > Blue Falcon

Samochan

Smash Master
Car's can't fly... but how is wolf ever gonna hit an F-zero vehicle going full speed ahead? <_>;; Wolf has the advantage yes, cause he can fly and falcon's vehicle cannot... and he has weapons too. But Falcon could theoretically just avoid Wolf till he can't take it anymore lol.

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it is :O

It was a comic strip, but I do think it's true to it's canon, wasn't he descried as a bounty hunter from this strip?

I think the anime was canon too, but from something I read earlier in the thread.

I'm going to find out.

Samochan

Smash Master
But a bit of realisim like that means Samus doesn't really have...

I rather not say. XD
I mean that we don't apply realism to where it cannot be applied. Realistically Samus couldn't shrink into a 1 metre diameter sphere, nor should she be able to transform her armor into energy and absorb that inside her.

Realistically pokemon couldn't exist lol. Squirtle does a water gun from it's mouth, omg where does the water even come from? O_o The poor thing would get dehydrated in few seconds with that amount of water getting spouted from it's mouth lol.

Realistically people can't be revived either. And things.

You get what I mean. :p

Falcon only uses Falcon Flyer for transportation. It has no weapons either, at least none that I've heard of. >.> I could be wrong though and I've seen him walking on deck of it on F-zero GX or something... and Falcon IS a bounty hunter as well. :/

Samochan

Smash Master
Was that directed at me? I know he is, I just wanted to know if it was from that comic strip or the anime or whatever.
Nono. I mean, that it wouldn't be farfecthed for him to have actual weapons on his Falcon Flyer cause he's a Bounty Hunter. There were many cinematics on FZero GX about this Bounty hunter thing at least and I think it was repeated on his trophy information. Not certain which game it originated though, but I also read it once from an official website (Where I also learnt his full name is Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. No wonder he prefers just Captain Falcon =D)

Salem

Smash Champion
I mean that we don't apply realism to where it cannot be applied. Realistically Samus couldn't shrink into a 1 metre diameter sphere, nor should she be able to transform her armor into energy and absorb that inside her.

Realistically pokemon couldn't exist lol. Squirtle does a water gun from it's mouth, omg where does the water even come from? O_o The poor thing would get dehydrated in few seconds with that amount of water getting spouted from it's mouth lol.

Realistically people can't be revived either. And things.

You get what I mean. :p

Falcon only uses Falcon Flyer for transportation. It has no weapons either, at least none that I've heard of. >.> I could be wrong though and I've seen him walking on deck of it on F-zero GX or something... and Falcon IS a bounty hunter as well. :/
But characters like Marth/Roy/Ike get screwed over by that, as PowerBomb says there is no spaces, there is no counter attack and etc.

So he's pretty much controlling the thread. X_X

He's pretty much disallowing anything thats not realistic when the games themselves do not have such a thing, but we add it for some reason...
But anyway... game mechs, what is there so broken about them? what dumb game mechs is there? are they actually really bannable?

Samochan

Smash Master
But characters like Marth/Roy/Ike get screwed over by that, as PowerBomb says there is no spaces, there is no counter attack and etc.

So he's pretty much controlling the thread. X_X

He's pretty much disallowing anything thats not realistic when the games themselves do not have such a thing, but we add it for some reason...
But anyway... game mechs, what is there so broken about them? what dumb game mechs is there? are they actually really bannable?
Powerbomb likes to disallow things that don't suit his tastes. I don't see why this range counter thing should be disallowed, as it makes sense to me. 2 squares don't probably equal that much range unless 0-1 squares is close range and 1-2 squares is long range. While there are no spaces in a neutral battlefield, there most certainly are not rpg settings either, so if a character is played on a setting, it doesn't make an ability inaccessible. If this "setting" thing would limit a character, we would say goodbye to every RPG character lol.

Anyways, with a sword, even a normal person can deflect long ranged weaponry if they can react to it, at least in fiction (lol star wars keke). If a character can has skill that they can deflect certain weapons from this certain distance, I see no reason why this should be banned, as it's very much within discussion and even realism limits, easily explained too.

So true to their games, Marth/Ike/Roy can range counter certain long ranged weapons.

But really, if you want something to be allowed and others disagree, you start to debate. Provide arguments with evidence and reason with them. :p

And there are some extremely dumb game mechanics, like Mario getting health from surfacing in water (lolwut). Game mechanics themselve's aren't bannable... but we need to be reasonable with them. I've said it before and I say it again: game mechanics have limits, story doesn't. So we have to apply game mechanics within reason and logically, otherwise they all simply clash with everything else and in the end don't make sense. We even have RPG game mechanics versus normal time game mechanics and god knows what else. That's bound to give headache to everyone.

Samochan

Smash Master
No. >_>

But he can ram the ship into Wolf's to kill him. >:O
He'd kill himself in the process. <_< The cockpit is in the front you know. :p The impact would prolly push Wolf's ship out of the way too due to it's shield system, so Wolf wouldn't even get pwned in the process (though the impact alone should be able to damage his internal organs).

Besides arwing is prolly way faster than Falcon flyer, at least a lot more agile. Smaller target too. He'd be hard pressed to hit Wolf's ship before Wolf decimates his.

BSP

Smash Legend
Wolf is shooting at Falcon this whole time, so how's the plating of the FF? And the wolfen can most likely outmanuver the FF.

Samochan

Smash Master
I think it has auto-pilot, in the comic it did start up by it self, Captian Falcon just pressed a button IIRC.
Comic is not canon. <_>

But I guess it needs to have autopilot too, so falcon could call it from greater distances to him. But I doubt an autopilot could catch Wolf just like that.

In any case, Wolf outmaneuvers Falcon in every scenario. He has weapons, Falcon does not.

Wolf wins.

justaway12

Smash Master
Comic is not canon. <_>

But I guess it needs to have autopilot too, so falcon could call it from greater distances to him. But I doubt an autopilot could catch Wolf just like that.

In any case, Wolf outmaneuvers Falcon in every scenario. He has weapons, Falcon does not.

Wolf wins.

I think it is, I remeber reading somewhere, forgot about it though.

Anyway, I was just sayin', the more you know.

But yeah Wolf wins.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, Wolf can outmanuver falcon and just keep firing at him, falcon can't do anything about it.

Salem

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter, due to aforementioned reasons. >_> Wolfen is very fast and more maneuverable and can stay out of range and decimate him anyway. Bombs, lasers, twin lasers.. and the kicks. And Falcon can't do **** to answer fire. :p
Hmm...

If it had a warp drive type of thing it could destroy both Falcon and Wolf turning this into a tie.

But eh, Wolf sucks and still wins, Oh well. >_>

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Moving on, again.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE KREMLING CHIMPANZEE Vs. THE AURA BEAST

Lucario Vs. Diddy

:lucario: Vs. :diddy:

Losers Round 2, Match 6.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:, :ness2:, :pit:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :kirby2:, :peach:, :zelda:, :metaknight:, :luigi2:, :wolf:

Neutral:

:snake:, :fox:, :diddy:, :lucario:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dedede:, :yoshi2:, :mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Loss -1:

:link2:, :lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:, :jigglypuff:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'd have to say Lucario for this one.

He's a much more efficient character all around. Better moves, better mobility.

Since TMs are allowed, he can learn a ****-load of moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy does use a flamethrower in DK: Jungle Climber though. Fire is super effective against Lucario, but yeah... Lucaro does learn lots of moves.

Guitar Gazump is still a nice attack, and Pit won from Lucario using range advantage right? Maybe Diddy has a chance with Orange Grenades and the flamethrower. He also has invincibility for about 10 seconds, which he could use easily, cause in DK: King of Swing you just become invincible by pressing A (since you pretty much play the game with L & R).

Diddy has 300 bananas. He can use them for healing purposes which cost 10 bananas for 33% (or 1 heart, since he has got 3 hearts in total) and 20 for invincibility. 300 / 20 = ... 15 uses of invincibility. Each use of invincibility lasts for about 10 seconds, and DK and Diddy can just climb into enemies and they'll die. Attacks become more effective as well. (Which would be a rolling attack similar to the ones in DKC, but except these attacks take down huge ships and robots and ****. O_O No lie.)

There's a chance Diddy can win this. But it all depends on how long Lucario can last. He does learn Reversal, Endure and Subsitute amongs other things, but Lucario is more of an attacker than a wall anyways.

I'm looking at Smogon.com here which says that Lucario with a single Swords Dance can almost kill or do great damage against great defensive "wall" Pokemon as Skarmory, Hippowdon, Donphan and Forretress with Close Combat. Those Pokemon are deffinatly more durable than Diddy Kong is unfortunatly, so it all comes down to Diddy's speed, strenght and Lucario's overall defensive options.

Diddy may lose this one, but Donkey Kong at least will win this one knowing all this. Diddy still makes a pretty good chance I say myself. But then again, that's just ME. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Invincibility isn't an item for Diddy. =) At least, I guess so. It's used by using bananas, which maybe would be equal to a move in Pokemon as Embargo itself I guess. The invincibility itself is even called Going Bananas and is refered through by Cranky Kong as a move...

That'd still mean no Orange Grenades, guitar, barreljets and Peanut Popguns though. Embargo would still limit Diddy's offence so it's not a bad move for Lucario to use here.

So uhm.. can Diddy's cartwheel attack be classified as a Fighting move? :D

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Invincibility isn't an item for Diddy. =) At least, I guess so. It's used by using bananas, which maybe would be equal to a move in Pokemon as Embargo itself I guess. The invincibility itself is even called Going Bananas and is refered through by Cranky Kong as a move...

That'd still mean no Orange Grenades, guitar, barreljets and Peanut Popguns though. Embargo would still limit Diddy's offence so it's not a bad move for Lucario to use here.

So uhm.. can Diddy's cartwheel attack be classified as a Fighting move? :D
Isn't Diddy Kong's invincibility one of those 'stupid' game mechanics you should messaged us about?

Top Bottom