• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, the move is usable against bosses as well. I will look for a video of DK: King of Swing for this one. And here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sa016wLGU4. Right in the beginning of the movie actually. It clearly shows how the move is preformed.

I don't think it's a stupid game mechanic. Why not allow the Kongs of crazed ape rage? =( It's deffinatly a favorite in the other thread. :p

EDIT: Sorta proof Diddy can use it to, and a way of him possibly beating Meta Knight even? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nVx_tD3ShU&feature=related Though Mach Tornado is pretty **** overpowered as I saw from Samo's vid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, Diddy is unlocked after you complete the game with Donkey Kong. You must first earn some sort of medal IIRC but I forgot.

So yeah, Diddy gets it.

Samochan

Smash Master
Lucario can't learn embargo. ;_;

But I know a good moveset. :o

@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Toxic/Protect/Agility, Double team/Rest, Substitute

This set is so stupid it works. xD

Lucario could first use toxic on diddy, who then loses 1/16, then 2/16, 3/16 etc. of his hp every turn. Pokemon turn is 2 pokemon doing their stuff, which combined is around 10-15 seconds. After Diddy's badly poisoned, Lucario would get the hell out and stall like no other with protect and agility to speed him up/double team to get more evasion and avoid diddy's attack like flamethrower, guitar gazump and grenades, + invincibility. Diddy's invincibility would protect him from outside damage, but not internal. =) Even if diddy healed, eventually the poison damage would rise so much as to ko him in 1 turn. Rest and Lum to heal damage and insta-wake, or substitute and lefties to keep up with the protection thingies. Lucario, being half steel tyle, should be able to tank grenades, but flamethrower and quitar are iffy.

Though maybe Lucario should just substitute, sword dance and agility up, dodge and wait for the right time and close combat diddy to there and back lol. Should be easy enough to catch diddy's movements, as by cathing the aura emanating from others, Lucario's can read his thoughts and movements (if nothing else but track, as supported by his trophy). Diddy seems quite normal type, aka weak to fighting hits, so Lucario's swords danced close combat should be enough to ohko, it can ohko much more durable creatures. (diddy's shape is not very durable).

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
The Toxic set would probably work as long as Lucario wouldn't be in range of Diddy's guitar when using Toxic.

If you consider an offensive set, try including Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, and Agility, with some other move. You should be able to see what that would do.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucario can't learn embargo. ;_;

But I know a good moveset. :o

@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Toxic/Protect/Agility, Double team/Rest, Substitute

This set is so stupid it works. xD

Lucario could first use toxic on diddy, who then loses 1/16, then 2/16, 3/16 etc. of his hp every turn. Pokemon turn is 2 pokemon doing their stuff, which combined is around 10-15 seconds. After Diddy's badly poisoned, Lucario would get the hell out and stall like no other with protect and agility to speed him up/double team to get more evasion and avoid diddy's attack like flamethrower, guitar gazump and grenades, + invincibility. Diddy's invincibility would protect him from outside damage, but not internal. =) Even if diddy healed, eventually the poison damage would rise so much as to ko him in 1 turn. Rest and Lum to heal damage and insta-wake, or substitute and lefties to keep up with the protection thingies. Lucario, being half steel tyle, should be able to tank grenades, but flamethrower and quitar are iffy.

Though maybe Lucario should just substitute, sword dance and agility up, dodge and wait for the right time and close combat diddy to there and back lol. Should be easy enough to catch diddy's movements, as by cathing the aura emanating from others, Lucario's can read his thoughts and movements (if nothing else but track, as supported by his trophy). Diddy seems quite normal type, aka weak to fighting hits, so Lucario's swords danced close combat should be enough to ohko, it can ohko much more durable creatures. (diddy's shape is not very durable).
Toxic is ment to stall, but this battle isn't about stalling for once. It's about who does the most damage quick, which without doubt is Lucario. Close Combat especially after Swords Dance is likely a OHKO on Diddy yeah. Thing is, if Lucario uses it, and Diddy's invincible Lucario's defences go down as well.

The guitar is a strong attack, but it would work better when ranged than up close seeing as Close Combat most likely is faster, as the animation of the move suggests. But the move is likely strong enough to break a Subsitute.

Seeing as Diddy dies anyway after one hit, he'd likely not use the bananas for healing purposes. Meaning he can use his invincibility 15 times. Though, if Diddy gets tricked somehow he's screwed badly. Much like his Brawl character really. :D

I think this should maybe end up in a draw. It's about 50/50 here, if Diddy gets hit, it's over. But if he doesn't... he's got about 15 uses of invincibility, jungle technology and crazed monkey moves to take down the not too durable Lucario.

Though a Bulk Up set wouldn't be too bad, as it raises defence. Physical defence would be good for Lucario to last longer. A good stalling moveset with Bulk Up, Extreme Speed, Subsitute and Double Team maybe... that'd work. Still, I think it's a bit too 50/50 here. I think you can't declare a straight winner in this match up cause both characters **** each other badly when they are on their move.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It is not a draw.

Diddy's never shown to long last in any of the games he was in. Lucario has. Lucario also has a much better overall moveset. Closest thing Diddy has to a 'powerful' attack is his guitar. Lucario has tons of moves like that, maybe even with more range and power.

UncleSam

Smash Master
yeah, Lucario beats Diddy in speed and possibly hand to hand.
invincibility is just stalling.
It's like in Brawl/melee when someone gets invincibility you just run away until it goes away.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I'd have to agree with Ray and Sam.

Quickly, moving on again.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE ELECTRIC RAT Vs. THE GREEN DINO

Pikachu Vs. Yoshi

:pikachu: Vs. :yoshi2:

Losers Round 2, Match 7.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:, :ness2:, :pit:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :kirby2:, :peach:, :zelda:, :metaknight:, :luigi2:, :wolf:, :lucario:

Neutral:

:snake:, :fox:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dedede:, :yoshi2:, :mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Loss -1:

:link2:, :lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:, :diddy:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:, :jigglypuff:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It is not a draw.

Diddy's never shown to long last in any of the games he was in. Lucario has. Lucario also has a much better overall moveset. Closest thing Diddy has to a 'powerful' attack is his guitar. Lucario has tons of moves like that, maybe even with more range and power.
In DK64 Diddy lasts long. It takes 12 hits to bring him down there. Health is displayed in melons, there are 3 melons in total each having 4 seperate pieces.

Diddy's guitar is actually pretty powerful. I'd think it would take about 5 hits from it to defeat Lucario maybe, but it's difficult for Diddy to land up close cause Close Combat would **** Diddy through it. His cartwheels are pretty strong as well, but Lucario deffinatly can dish out more damage.

But I already said that Lucario will OHKO Diddy with almost every move he has. But Diddy's Going Bananas activates instantly, and he can use it 15 times. His attacks are less powerful overall yeah, but Diddy's pretty quick and could "combo" Lucario with moves as Chimpy Charge (running headbut attack, easiliy avoidable I guess), Simian Slam (like a Ground Pound really from Mario 64 and Yoshi games) cartwheels and jump attacks.

And there's always Orange Grenades. Those will do some nice damage at least.

BSP

Smash Legend
He can lay eggs :p

he can also eat Pikachu...and turn him into an egg >_>
That's true, and true to yoshi's games, that's instant death lol.

But what can Yoshi do? I dont know too much about his fighting abilities, minus eggs and eating things.

justaway12

Smash Master
In Super Mario World, if you eat an enemie and make it stay in your mouth, they get eaten, IIRC.

Don't think he can get close enough for that, though.

The only time Yoshi REALLY fought was in TTYD and I don't think that was even him.
Though Yoshi has been known to flutter jump and ground pound.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
In DK64 Diddy lasts long. It takes 12 hits to bring him down there. Health is displayed in melons, there are 3 melons in total each having 4 seperate pieces.

Diddy's guitar is actually pretty powerful. I'd think it would take about 5 hits from it to defeat Lucario maybe, but it's difficult for Diddy to land up close cause Close Combat would **** Diddy through it. His cartwheels are pretty strong as well, but Lucario deffinatly can dish out more damage.

But I already said that Lucario will OHKO Diddy with almost every move he has. But Diddy's Going Bananas activates instantly, and he can use it 15 times. His attacks are less powerful overall yeah, but Diddy's pretty quick and could "combo" Lucario with moves as Chimpy Charge (running headbut attack, easiliy avoidable I guess), Simian Slam (like a Ground Pound really from Mario 64 and Yoshi games) cartwheels and jump attacks.

And there's always Orange Grenades. Those will do some nice damage at least.
15 Going Bananas and 5 'melons' isn't that much. Lucario's shown to have tons of more health.

I would've thought that the guitar was a one-hit KO cause of the way you've been introducing it, but 5 times? That's alot.

Overall, Diddy will just be stalling his way out of the match. Lucario can outlast him, even without invincibility, and once Diddy's Going Bananas run out, any of Lucarios's move can One Hit KO.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's too fast for Yoshi to catch.. his base stat speed goes VERY fast..

and I doubt that Yoshi will be able to eat him during his "volt tackle". Which creates tons of electric volts (by tons, I mean 1000) around him, if Yoshi touches that, he'll get burned alive.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Pikachu's too fast for Yoshi to catch.. his base stat speed goes VERY fast..

and I doubt that Yoshi will be able to eat him during his "volt tackle". Which creates tons of electric volts (by tons, I mean 1000) around him, if Yoshi touches that, he'll get burned alive.
and from what I've heard, volt tackle doesn't have much start-up.

Well, new MU Raizen?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Alright, that seemed to have summed it up.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE SUPER ATHLETE Vs. THE MALLET PENGUIN

Zero Suit Samus Vs. King Dedede

:zerosuitsamus: Vs. :dedede:

Losers Round 2, Match 8.

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :ike:, :ness2:, :pit:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :kirby2:, :peach:, :zelda:, :metaknight:, :luigi2:, :wolf:, :lucario:, :pikachu:

Neutral:

:snake:, :fox:, :pt:, :pichu:, :dedede:, :mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Loss -1:

:link2:, :lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:, :diddy:, :yoshi2:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:, :jigglypuff:

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think I have a general moveset for Pika:
Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle/Thunder, Agility, Thunder Wave/charge

Thunderbolt: General Tbolt spam for tbolt'y pikachu.
Volt Tackle: Pikachu will take damage when using this move but its power is amazing.
Thunder: if we decide safety over power, while this move is powerful as well, slightly less accuracy.
Agility: why not? this will make pikachu much much faster allowing him to dodge yoshi's tongue.
Thunder Wave: paralysis is always a good thing.
Charge: if we screw status ailments we always can boost our electric moves with charge.

and 1 ton isn't a 1000 it's 2000.
EDIT: TOO LATE, this is what I get for playing VG's while discussing.
uhh I want to say Zamus but I know nobody will believe me.

Samochan

Smash Master
DDD's what, maybe 12 inches tall? <_< If kirby is 6 inches and ddd's double that...

Zamus should be able to paralyse the bug and kick his arse with some axe kick. With her super athlete strenght, should deal some nice damage. She's very nimble, so she should be able to dodge what ddd does, paralyze, move in and deal damage and repeat. DDD has hammer but... samus has lots of durability and a hammer swing from such a small thing might be able to break her toe but that's it.

But hey, what did DDD have anyway? >_>;; The size difference alone is huge (lol samus is around 180cm, with her suit 2metres), but I'm sure dedede has at least something he can do here, besides hammer...or does he? =) He could fly and try to whack samus in the nose/eye, but then again samus could just paralyze him or slap him away like a fly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
15 Going Bananas and 5 'melons' isn't that much. Lucario's shown to have tons of more health.

I would've thought that the guitar was a one-hit KO cause of the way you've been introducing it, but 5 times? That's alot.

Overall, Diddy will just be stalling his way out of the match. Lucario can outlast him, even without invincibility, and once Diddy's Going Bananas run out, any of Lucarios's move can One Hit KO.
Lucario's HP and defences are average at best. <_<

Yeah the guitar normally is a OHKO, but I'm guessing it wouldn't OHKO Lucario as his health works different. Dunno about 5 times really... Now that you say it, it would probably be less. About 2 or 3 times would work I guess.

How exactly can Lucario outlast Diddy? Both aren't really characters who are capable of taking many hits, but Diddy at least has invincibility with 15 uses. I don't see Lucario surviving long enough to get a chance to hit Diddy when he's not Going Bananas.

Besides, if Lucario tries to fight back, Diddy will just use Going Bananas as it works instantly. Without healing moves, and Subsitute being easily breakable by the Guitar plus Diddy's 15 uses of Going Bananas how can you expect Lucario to bring in a hit?

Neither characters should stall. Diddy will use the Going Bananas for offensive purposes. In DK: King of Swing, it even boosts the Kong's main attack, but I guess it's not useable here cause there's no effidence it'd boost Diddy's regular attacks he'd be using here.

Lucario isn't a staller either, which I think would make him lose this match up, but seeing as it'd still just take 1 hit for Lucario to win (especially if he carries Swords Dance and Close Combat) I say this should be a draw.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Lucario's HP and defences are average at best. <_<

Yeah the guitar normally is a OHKO, but I'm guessing it wouldn't OHKO Lucario as his health works different. Dunno about 5 times really... Now that you say it, it would probably be less. About 2 or 3 times would work I guess.

How exactly can Lucario outlast Diddy? Both aren't really characters who are capable of taking many hits, but Diddy at least has invincibility with 15 uses. I don't see Lucario surviving long enough to get a chance to hit Diddy when he's not Going Bananas.

Besides, if Lucario tries to fight back, Diddy will just use Going Bananas as it works instantly. Without healing moves, and Subsitute being easily breakable by the Guitar plus Diddy's 15 uses of Going Bananas how can you expect Lucario to bring in a hit?

Neither characters should stall. Diddy will use the Going Bananas for offensive purposes. In DK: King of Swing, it even boosts the Kong's main attack, but I guess it's not useable here cause there's no effidence it'd boost Diddy's regular attacks he'd be using here.

Lucario isn't a staller either, which I think would make him lose this match up, but seeing as it'd still just take 1 hit for Lucario to win (especially if he carries Swords Dance and Close Combat) I say this should be a draw.
Focus Sash can protect against whatever Diddy does and then Luc can OHKO back with Close Combat or something.

Or, like Missingnomaster said, use a special set with Aura Sphere, Agility, Calm Mind, and a filler move (maybe Substitute or Vacuum Wave). He can get out of range via boosted speed and then boom Diddy with a boosted Aura Sphere.

REL38

Smash Lord
Masked Dedede

Wheelie Bike

Health Bar

Small size =/= insta-paralyzer kill

If that were the case, Pika would die from Yoshi ground pound (even if he is a glass cannon)

Ima let someone like Viper field this one. He has more Kirby knowledge than I do :/

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I didn't say insta-kill, I said serious harm :p

I know the Wheelie Bike goes 20-30 mph and can't turn effectively at all.

EDIT: STOP FREAKING POSTING THAT SPAM and reported.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okai. Moving on.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE KING APE Vs. THE EVIL BROTHER

Donkey Kong Vs. Wario

:dk2: Vs. :wario:

Losers Round 2, Match 9.

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :kirby2:, :peach:, :zelda:, :metaknight:, :luigi2:, :wolf:, :lucario:, :pikachu:

Neutral:

:snake:, :fox:, :pt:, :pichu:, :mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Loss -1:

:link2:, :lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:, :diddy:, :yoshi2:, :zerosuitsamus:, :dedede:

Loss -2:

:dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :popo:, :olimar:, :jigglypuff:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I move on based on who the characters are.

The 'weak' one's results are pretty obvious, so I don't see why I shouldn't, and you don't have to stop debating about previous match-ups.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Focus Sash can protect against whatever Diddy does and then Luc can OHKO back with Close Combat or something.

Or, like Missingnomaster said, use a special set with Aura Sphere, Agility, Calm Mind, and a filler move (maybe Substitute or Vacuum Wave). He can get out of range via boosted speed and then boom Diddy with a boosted Aura Sphere.
Yeah that'd be possible, but except for the fact that Diddy's you know... invincibile. His Going Bananas (invincibility) comes out instantly to without animation or anything and has 15 uses.

Lucario doesn't has good enough defensive options to wait for Diddy to run out of bananas (as they're used for Going Bananas) and his defences aren't too good either, but that can be fixed slightly with EVs.

Special set is nice, but what good does it do to Aura Sphere Diddy when he's invincible? He'd better try to Bulk Up so receive minimal damage from Diddy's attacks. Subsitute also cuts HP, and Diddy's guitar would likely break Lucario's Subsitute, as well as doing good damage.

@ DK vs Wario...

Not only is DK much stronger than Wario, Wario also can't approach Donkey Kong. Sound-Wave attack would knock Wario out of DK's range if DK wishes to and stun him. DK has going bananas for invincibility and can close up to Wario and maul him with lighting fast punches then.

Here's a pretty cool vid which shows DK knocking K.Rool out of his ship with one punch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6mkDQA2z4&feature=related. Look around 3.28. K.Rool looks much bigger and heavier than Wario.

Another vid showing DK's Jungle Beat abilities http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXiAB_d3uqU . Take note on how easily he overpowers the final boss.

tldr; Donkey Kong hugely overpowers Wario.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah that'd be possible, but except for the fact that Diddy's you know... invincibile. His Going Bananas (invincibility) comes out instantly to without animation or anything and has 15 uses.

Lucario doesn't has good enough defensive options to wait for Diddy to run out of bananas (as they're used for Going Bananas) and his defences aren't too good either, but that can be fixed slightly with EVs.

Special set is nice, but what good does it do to Aura Sphere Diddy when he's invincible? He'd better try to Bulk Up so receive minimal damage from Diddy's attacks. Subsitute also cuts HP, and Diddy's guitar would likely break Lucario's Subsitute, as well as doing good damage.
Lucario can run away after Agility. Just stay out of range until Invincibility wears off or something.

Sub protects against everything until it is broken, unless it is a powerful Multi-hit move (which is funny, because Lucario resists almost every multi-hit move in his game).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
DDD's what, maybe 12 inches tall? <_< If kirby is 6 inches and ddd's double that...

Zamus should be able to paralyse the bug and kick his arse with some axe kick. With her super athlete strenght, should deal some nice damage. She's very nimble, so she should be able to dodge what ddd does, paralyze, move in and deal damage and repeat. DDD has hammer but... samus has lots of durability and a hammer swing from such a small thing might be able to break her toe but that's it.

But hey, what did DDD have anyway? >_>;; The size difference alone is huge (lol samus is around 180cm, with her suit 2metres), but I'm sure dedede has at least something he can do here, besides hammer...or does he? =) He could fly and try to whack samus in the nose/eye, but then again samus could just paralyze him or slap him away like a fly.
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby

You of all people should know that Kirby is 20 cm which is 8 in tall. Also King Dedede size is debatable. We could use the King Dedede from Kirby Dreamland, then compare to his size on Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland or Sqeak Squad, or even his size in Kirby Air Ride on vs King Dedede event. If Kirby's Laser as so much of only flinching him, I won't think a paralyzer gun would make a useful tool.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Well, Kirby's laser has a proportional size to D3 (maybe) and it's not a paralyzer, it's a laser.

On the airride vs. D3 event, the size of that D3 and the actual D3 you unlock are contradicting.

Samochan

Smash Master
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby

You of all people should know that Kirby is 20 cm which is 8 in tall. Also King Dedede size is debatable. We could use the King Dedede from Kirby Dreamland, then compare to his size on Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland or Sqeak Squad, or even his size in Kirby Air Ride on vs King Dedede event. If Kirby's Laser as so much of only flinching him, I won't think a paralyzer gun would make a useful tool.
Why me out of all people? I've never once played any kirby game. xD I was bound to mess up 8 inches with 6 at some point. Inches is not even the measuring system used in europe, but everyone here always refers to kirby in inches. I also overlooked his measurements from kirby wiki. <.<

I'm wondering however... kirby is normal size in his kirby world and all. Every enemy you face is not overlarge to indicate kirby himself is just small. So would this mean Kirby's world in general is just small? If taken out from this setting, would kirby be "normal" sized instead of miniature? :/ Compared to Olimar, Olimar is clearly seen to be just very small. Even flowers and everything in his world are bigger than he is and some sorta bugs are like huge monsters to olimar. Whereas kirby on his world is normal sized, so wouldn't this transfer to these matchups as well?

Just a thought. <.<

Top Bottom