• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well plenty of people sure do have a grudge against him if you read up on his background…and Ness’ image is another thing that is done on purpose actually…it’s to mock the standard RPG hero…ever read the back of the box for EB? There is actually some meaning behind the stuff that happens in the Mother series. As for Lucas…again I say you should read the “book of lies” to get a better idea of what he is supposed to be…it’s not pretty though if you want to know that…
Can you please summarise? :p

Well this is something I respond to at the start of this post…
There's a lot of text yeah. I'm gonna read it when I'm finished with this post. =)

So…what you are saying is that Jungle technology>Sci-fi technology?

F-Zero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSPzaxQ__M

I’m pretty sure that beats this horse ****:
Donkey Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfuH_Kwauk
In normal terms no. But when invincible, yes. Doing damage is better than doing no damage.

That video is from DK: Barrel Blast. I dunno if I can use it for Diddy as the jetpack he has in DK64 is slightly different. Punching would be allowed, but I doubt it'd be effective against Falcon anyway. :p

C. Falcon has the reflexes to deal with traveling at and beyond the speed of sound…he has gone into a black hole and made it out alive…he has been in hell even just from his racing…
He is better at racing than GOD is even! (F-Zero GX story mode)
lolwut? Falcon went to hell? And raced out of it? Whoa, if I was religious I might get offended by that all. :p Sending characters to hell, beating God in a race... It's pretty awesome I guess, but this isn't a race, this is a battlefield.

As for the actual battle... Falcon would first try to ram Diddy with his Blue Falcon ofcoarse, but Diddy's invincible. It'd only send him flying. While Falcon tries to relocate Diddy, Diddy has time to play his guitar and it's shockwaves would make Falcon lose control and crash somewhere.

Even if his reflexes allow him to react quick, he'd still be slowed down and that's when Diddy can throw Orange Grenades to secure his kill.

All of this is funny because racing is only a HOBBIE for him! That’s right…it’s only a hobbie! He even has his own private islands because at the age of 37…he got enough $$ off of being a bounty hunter to buy them I guess
He'd probably used all that money on steriods... **** Falcon is absurdly build. O.o Prime example in videogames to do your squats and oats I guess. :p

He is more than a match for a **** dirty ape if he is packing power that makes a user a god (which again...according to the F-Zero GX game...he is packing god power...the anime isn't a lie...its also based off a game IIRC...Black Shadow is "pure evil" and he is "pure good" (yin yang sort of thing) even though he does die after that Falcon Punch in it...because he and black shadow where fighting in the set up of a bomb)
Yeah I've read somewhere before that Falcon Punch didn't destroy the universe but that it was a bomb which did it. But he can't use Falcon Punch here I guess.

Metroid Fusion is awesome…to tell the truth…when I 1st played it…the SA-X scared the **** out of me ^_^
Metroid Fusion was the first Metroid I played. The SA-X is still one of my fave boss battles.

Again…how? The speed booster isn’t true invincibility…she is just being protected because of the energy that is being made from how fast she is moving (again…look it up on how it works)
Hmmm... Maybe she's not truely invincible while Speed Boosting, but sure she'd be able to avoid the PSI attacks with it and do good damage to Ness and Lucas.

I personally don’t think she would be protected from anything that doesn’t make sense…which is everything when it comes to psychic attacks ^_^
The great debate of this thread: invincibility vs psychic powers.

Personally, I'm thinking psychic attacks could work on invincible targets, cause generally psychic forces go through the mind. So you do have a point. Invincibility is way cheaper than psychic attacks anyways, and all ways around invincibility are good in my opinion. However, it does need to make sence...

But the main thing I want to know still is…is she immune to telepathic powers or not? ^_^
Not completely. Speed Booster still is Samus' best bet, but I'm thinking she still is able to defeat Lucas without having to be invincible. Does the Counter PSI also work against missiles and bombs?

_clinton

Smash Master
Can you please summarise? :p
Read the back of the box and what it says about Ness:
http://starmen.net/mother2/images/official/ebBox2.jpg

Read the SSB description of Ness:
Ness was a seemingly-average kid from Onett, but in truth, he was destined for much more. When a strange meteorite landed near his hometown, the little boy with psychic powers set out to save the world. Little has been said of Ness' character, and much remains hidden.

SSBM:
"Ness is a young boy who's mastered the psychic power known as PSI. Ness was living a normal life in the suburbs of Onett until a meteor crashed into a nearby mountain and sent him on a wild adventure. Believing in the ultimate powers of wisdom, courage, and friendship, Ness proves that some heroes come in small packages."

Now…compare Ness to Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 ^_^ Or you can read this:

http://starmen.net/mother2/

Still need any more info on how Ness’ appearance is done on purpose just as sort of a light parody, but in a bit of an ironic statement Ness’ power level is over 9000 by the end of the game?

Still want to know why Ness/Lucas can’t use PK Fire when they are masters of PK…but whatever

In normal terms no. But when invincible, yes. Doing damage is better than doing no damage.

That video is from DK: Barrel Blast. I dunno if I can use it for Diddy as the jetpack he has in DK64 is slightly different. Punching would be allowed, but I doubt it'd be effective against Falcon anyway. :p

lolwut? Falcon went to hell? And raced out of it? Whoa, if I was religious I might get offended by that all. :p Sending characters to hell, beating God in a race... It's pretty awesome I guess, but this isn't a race, this is a battlefield.

As for the actual battle... Falcon would first try to ram Diddy with his Blue Falcon ofcoarse, but Diddy's invincible. It'd only send him flying. While Falcon tries to relocate Diddy, Diddy has time to play his guitar and it's shockwaves would make Falcon lose control and crash somewhere.

Even if his reflexes allow him to react quick, he'd still be slowed down and that's when Diddy can throw Orange Grenades to secure his kill.
Or Falcon could just use his god powers and such that he has from his game canon and remove Diddy from the fight…

Yeah I've read somewhere before that Falcon Punch didn't destroy the universe but that it was a bomb which did it. But he can't use Falcon Punch here I guess.
How come? There have been like 2 games made for the F-Zero series that are based off that anime…who cares if Falcon’s move pool is from SSBB…it got transferred over to the main game series
Metroid Fusion was the first Metroid I played. The SA-X is still one of my fave boss battles.
SA-X is better than Dark Samus…but overall I find it annoying that for 3 games Samus was fighting a copy of herself…seems pretty lame as far as character design goes for a series that is suppose to have a good story but rips off one of the oldest ideas ever seen…at least EB was original with Ness’ Dark Side IMO…

Hmmm... Maybe she's not truely invincible while Speed Boosting, but sure she'd be able to avoid the PSI attacks with it and do good damage to Ness and Lucas.
How? They fight foes that are moving like her and have no issues with dealing with them…plus Samus does need a charge time to hit that speed…and I don’t see Ness and Lucas having issues with removing things to prevent easy use of it…

The great debate of this thread: invincibility vs psychic powers.

Personally, I'm thinking psychic attacks could work on invincible targets, cause generally psychic forces go through the mind. So you do have a point. Invincibility is way cheaper than psychic attacks anyways, and all ways around invincibility are good in my opinion. However, it does need to make sence...
You miss my point with me explaining Samus’ speed booster…I’m pointing out that canon wise she wouldn’t be invincible while using it…she is just more well protected from physical obstacles due to how sound waves work when they are at that speed…

Also…psychic forces going though the mind…what do you mean by that? Psychic powers should work on things that are invincible in general just because of how they work…the whole point behind them in the 1st place is that they “don’t follow the rules” for how they work if you get my point…

Not completely. Speed Booster still is Samus' best bet, but I'm thinking she still is able to defeat Lucas without having to be invincible. Does the Counter PSI also work against missiles and bombs?
Depends I guess…it should…considering how the canon point of the shield in the 1st place of the counter is to reduce the pain from physical things…and share the pain towards the one that dealt it…

Anyway…I’m out of here after this…

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still want to know why Ness/Lucas can’t use PK Fire when they are masters of PK…but whatever
Skipped a part of your post, but readed it anyways.

They don't get PK Fire cause they didn't get it in game... Love and Rockin' are stronger anyways, so why would they need it?

Or Falcon could just use his god powers and such that he has from his game canon and remove Diddy from the fight…
That way Falcon beats Ness as well. Prayers killed Giygas so if Giygas > Ness. And God assuming he answered the prayers eventually killed Giygas that'd be God > Giygas > Ness. Now if Captain Falcon beat God... It'd be Captian Falcon > God > Giygas > Ness which doesn't make sence at all. =/

Game cannons could sometimes be ignored. Especially if they're as... ridiculous as Captain Falcons.

How come? There have been like 2 games made for the F-Zero series that are based off that anime…who cares if Falcon’s move pool is from SSBB…it got transferred over to the main game series
Captain Falcon fighting outside the Blue Falcon wouldn't be exactly smart anyways. He never used the moves, so he doesn't get them...

SA-X is better than Dark Samus…but overall I find it annoying that for 3 games Samus was fighting a copy of herself…seems pretty lame as far as character design goes for a series that is suppose to have a good story but rips off one of the oldest ideas ever seen…at least EB was original with Ness’ Dark Side IMO…
You fight Dark Samus in every Metroid Prime? Never completed 1 or 3, and I don't own 2 so I didn't know. Honestly... I didn't expect much less, cause even though the games are good. Switching a franchise from Japanese (2D Metroid, dunno for sure) to American (Prime) would have things like these I'm guessing. No offence.

How? They fight foes that are moving like her and have no issues with dealing with them…plus Samus does need a charge time to hit that speed…and I don’t see Ness and Lucas having issues with removing things to prevent easy use of it…
Well, the PSI attack would be aimed at Samus' current position, but seeing as she's Speed Boosting, that position would change.

You miss my point with me explaining Samus’ speed booster…I’m pointing out that canon wise she wouldn’t be invincible while using it…she is just more well protected from physical obstacles due to how sound waves work when they are at that speed…
Well, ingame Samus IS invincible. But not against bosses (however, most of the time there isn't even room for Samus to Speed Boost anyways).

Also…psychic forces going though the mind…what do you mean by that? Psychic powers should work on things that are invincible in general just because of how they work…the whole point behind them in the 1st place is that they “don’t follow the rules” for how they work if you get my point…
Well, seeing as the brain is a intern organ and psychic forces go through the mind or brain, I'm guessing psychic attacks attack the other's mind or brain, which would be inside the character and seeing as the outside is invincible... Psychic attacks would maybe work, cause they attack the inside. I've got no proof of this whatsoever so...

Depends I guess…it should…considering how the canon point of the shield in the 1st place of the counter is to reduce the pain from physical things…and share the pain towards the one that dealt it…

Anyway…I’m out of here after this…
I don't have a good answer to this. Seeing as we don't exactly know who's got more stamina, Samus or Lucas. I'm saying Samus... But that's just me.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If a character is invincible, than they can't be hurt at all. I'd like the emphasize theat all part because if Samus is supposedly invincible and getting hurt by a telepathic attack, than it's not invincibility. It's just insane physical defense.

Samus getting hurt by some bosses (lawl Omega Metroid in Fusion) is pretty weird. Like, the Omega Metroid's body hurts you if you touch it. I'm guessing that's a game mechanic, since the Omega Metroid doesn't have acid or whatever on its skin. But touch-damage has been present in every game. Some of the touch-damage makes sense, some of it is just like...'what?'.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then Diddy wins this, cause Going Bananas = invincibility. Falcon might beat Diddy in a race (and pretty badly even) but while fighting, even Falcon's steriod filled body can't stand up against crazed monkey rampage.

Yeah the Omega Metroid was pretty strange as well. Lets just say that Samus got hit by suprise at her weak spot. Critical hit or something. =P

Samochan

Smash Master
Then Diddy wins this, cause Going Bananas = invincibility. Falcon might beat Diddy in a race (and pretty badly even) but while fighting, even Falcon's steriod filled body can't stand up against crazed monkey rampage.

Yeah the Omega Metroid was pretty strange as well. Lets just say that Samus got hit by suprise at her weak spot. Critical hit or something. =P
Omega metroid is such a plot on jutsu lol.

Samus gets hit by may omega metroids on M2, but doesn't almost get ohkoed by any. She even goes and kills Queen like it was nothing, but this omega metroid for some reason can deal a fatal blow to her (yet doesn't ever kill her lol). Omega's basically there to finally kill SA-X for you and then you can obtain your last suit upgrade, along with ice beam. :p

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

this makes zero sense, what the hell would a measely chimp have on a guy with a gun?

captain shoots diddy next discussion please

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Omega metroid is such a plot on jutsu lol.

Samus gets hit by may omega metroids on M2, but doesn't almost get ohkoed by any. She even goes and kills Queen like it was nothing, but this omega metroid for some reason can deal a fatal blow to her (yet doesn't ever kill her lol). Omega's basically there to finally kill SA-X for you and then you can obtain your last suit upgrade, along with ice beam. :p
oh em gee, plot hole

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

The Mother Series are still RPG's.
In RPG's, opponents follow the dumbest fighting sequences of taking turns to hit each other.

"Rattata! Use Tackle attack!"
"Rattata! Don't dodge or anything!"
"It's his turn to severly hurt you!"

Mother Series battles aren't DBZ episodes where everyone's teleporting here and there.
They don't teleport inside of battle.
Starmen never display teleportation in fights. The use PK attacks or w/e.
True, they use space n time stuff, but it's always outside of battle.
Always.
It sounds more like you're giving the Mother Boys Dragon Ball Z teleportation, only without all the screaming and massive start-up times for attacks.

By being an RPG, much relies on imagination. But I never saw either Ness or Lucas zipping left and right during battles in my imagination.
I know better. They can't do that.

From what you say, I'm also expected to believe Duster ran 2653MPH during battles
>___>

Also, Anime doesn't count.
Falcon can't destroy the entire universe.

Anime = myriad of inconsitencies

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
this makes zero sense, what the hell would a measely chimp have on a guy with a gun?

captain shoots diddy next discussion please
Wrong thread man.

Raizen, give Diddy the match up. He's got invincibility and stuffz.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, new MU:

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE MASKED STRANGER Vs. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

Metaknight Vs. Sonic

:metaknight: Vs. :sonic:

Loser's Round 3, Match 4.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :luigi2:, :snake:

Wins +1:

:kirby2:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :toonlink:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Neutral:

:sonic:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pikachu:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:, :diddy:

Loss -1:

:lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:, :dk2:, :marth:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:, :wario:, :falcon:

Loss -3:

:gw:, :rob:, :olimar:, :popo:

Don't know the match up very well but...If it;s just Sonic vs Meta, can't soinc steal weapon and attack, and Super Sonic the Halberd if he uses it?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If Meta Knight doesn't start on the Halberd, Sonic can confound and confuse with his speed, and then close in for the kill.

Meta Knight's too slow

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Regular battleships yea, but nothing too big like the main ship or the war ship. ♥

Samochan

Smash Master
Well super sonic, being capable of flight, could infiltrate meta's ship... but how long would his invulnerability last? Enough to demolish Halberd/locate Meta?

In a fight with no super sonic, it could go either way... sonic has the luxury of super sonic speed, some nice spin attacks and is a lot taller as well (forgive me if I've forgotten some important ability of his), while meta has his own abilites like extremely quick sword swipes, projectiles, capable of flight, mach tornado and his smaller tornado, teleporting, healing and meta quick, which makes him even quicker for some duration of time. With his max uh, 50pts, he can do mach, quick and heal all once (mach takes 30pts, quick and heal both take 10).

If sonic gets caught on mach tornado, it could very well be a decisive blow to him, as mach tornado from Meta is very strong (in comparison, kirby takes many bombs to ko 1 whispy woods, while meta can ko 2 whispys with one blow. mach is also stronger than kirby's crash ability). However getting sonic into mach tornado is tricky in the first place cause he can run so fast. Sonic is in definite advantage here if he can get in direct contact with Meta. Though if he cannot, Meta's fairly safe inside his Halberd.

_clinton

Smash Master
They don't get PK Fire cause they didn't get it in game... Love and Rockin' are stronger anyways, so why would they need it?
I don’t think they would need PK Fire, Freeze, and thunder because yes…you are right…Love/Rockin is stronger…

However, canon wise…PK is an umbrella term…in that it has no actual limit and is open to several skills…PK skills have been shown to be easily taught to another, and both Ness and Lucas happen to learn very fast…so I really see the only reason they aren’t using certain skills even though all evidence points to the fact that they should be able to use them as game mechs only…

Again…they are a parody of a battle role if you remember me bringing that up…

That way Falcon beats Ness as well. Prayers killed Giygas so if Giygas > Ness. And God assuming he answered the prayers eventually killed Giygas that'd be God > Giygas > Ness. Now if Captain Falcon beat God... It'd be Captian Falcon > God > Giygas > Ness which doesn't make sence at all. =/
Actually its Captain Falcon = God if you look at it right…even though you really should have looked at that stories canon again (the gods that fight C. Falcon themselves point out that the belt is a lie as far as ability goes) of course I’ll admit that you not looking again was my fault (because I wasn’t done with that post fully when I 1st made it)

Oh and it’s hardly Giygas>Ness…final boss syndrome is funny ok…if you actually look into Giygas history…you should see that Ness’ power was the final thing that caused Giygas to lose it…

Now…Giygas’ btw is a parody of a certain “top tier god” and Ness strikes fear into him…what does that say about Ness’ powers?

Game cannons could sometimes be ignored. Especially if they're as... ridiculous as Captain Falcons.
So…this is your logic we are using then…if so please explain why a monkey eating a banana can beat a famous bounty hunter…especially when said monkey’s worse foes like I said before is only a pack of alligators compared to Falcon’s dealing with the scum of the galaxy for a living…Diddy seems to be doing a lot less as far as canon goes pal…

Captain Falcon fighting outside the Blue Falcon wouldn't be exactly smart anyways. He never used the moves, so he doesn't get them...
Right…again you should look at the canon…even the anime…because guess what…the anime became a part of the games (again…do I have to bring up that two games where made that are based off the anime?)…Falcon fights man

You fight Dark Samus in every Metroid Prime? Never completed 1 or 3, and I don't own 2 so I didn't know. Honestly... I didn't expect much less, cause even though the games are good. Switching a franchise from Japanese (2D Metroid, dunno for sure) to American (Prime) would have things like these I'm guessing. No offence.
You missed my point of saying 3 games…you don’t fight Dark Samus technically in Metroid Prime 1 (because she hasn’t been made yet…spoiler alert…Dark Samus is Metroid Prime in case you didn’t know)

My point of saying you fight 3 dark samus’ was an insult to the fact that for 3 games of the series…a major foe is just a stupid copy of Samus…

Well, the PSI attack would be aimed at Samus' current position, but seeing as she's Speed Boosting, that position would change.
How is that going to work? PK Love/Rockin itself is a large wave of psychic power that rips through whatever Ness/Lucas want it to…again…Ness and Lucas fight foes that ****ing do things like move through space freely…as in they appear in one place…but then can appear in another place in an instant for example…yet…they can’t dodge PK Rockin/Love…what makes you think Samus can with her limit on speed?

Well, ingame Samus IS invincible. But not against bosses (however, most of the time there isn't even room for Samus to Speed Boost anyways).
She is invincible as part of a game mech…again…the logical definition of speed booster is enough to prove she isn’t truly invincible though…

Also…Samus’ normal foes…90% of them are ****ing weak…god its stupid that there are like 50 different types of shriek bats to the point where you are still fighting them at the end game area still…only they have an lol phazon element now

Well, seeing as the brain is a intern organ and psychic forces go through the mind or brain, I'm guessing psychic attacks attack the other's mind or brain, which would be inside the character and seeing as the outside is invincible... Psychic attacks would maybe work, cause they attack the inside. I've got no proof of this whatsoever so...
Again according to wiki…PK is to refer to the direct influence of mind on a physical system that cannot be entirely accounted for by the mediation of any known physical energy.

That itself should be proof that PK itself is in the same league as the coin term of “invincibility”

I don't have a good answer to this. Seeing as we don't exactly know who's got more stamina, Samus or Lucas. I'm saying Samus... But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Dude…Lucas…even with his normal stamina he has been seen influencing the specs of an object…as in he could **** with Samus’ stamina (offense up/defense up…like it or not…if you can influence something + canon wise you should be able to screw with it the other way as in Offense down/Defense down)

Mother Series battles aren't DBZ episodes where everyone's teleporting here and there.
They don't teleport inside of battle.
Again...you don't ever see them fight...

Starmen never display teleportation in fights. The use PK attacks or w/e.
True, they use space n time stuff, but it's always outside of battle.
PK Starstorm itself could be seen as space n time stuff...how about that?

By being an RPG, much relies on imagination. But I never saw either Ness or Lucas zipping left and right during battles in my imagination.
Right...Ness canon just in game can move from one place to another place on another side of the world in an instant...but you don't see him zipping super fast in battle? WTF?

From what you say, I'm also expected to believe Duster ran 2653MPH during battles
Actually...because he is with Lucas and Kumatora...I'm thinking the fact that he benefits off of their powers as well to be the real reason to why he is faster...both Lucas and Kumatora have been shown again...to alter the stats of things...which in itself is a comparison to a very powerful skill if you look at it...but whatever

Also, Anime doesn't count.
Falcon can't destroy the entire universe.
Said amine does count...games have been made off of it...try again...

And my comment about Falcon destroying the entire universe isn't off of the anime...it's off of a game...

Samochan

Smash Master
<_<

With that "anime does count" comment, you basically stated pokemon anime is canon, while truthfully non-games are not canon in this discussion in any form. =)

Pokemon anime would do Mewtwo good. ^_^ But sadly it's not to be in this thread.

IIRC, Falcon doesn't possess melee moves on F-zero games, nor does he ever get out of his vehicle apart from cut-scenes.

Please try again.

Really, I rather not even bother with you anymore _clinton, with such outlandish statements and I'm fairly sure others don't either. :/

_clinton

Smash Master
<_<

With that "anime does count" comment, you basically stated pokemon anime is canon, while truthfully non-games are not canon in this discussion in any form. =)
There is a difference between the pokemon anime and the F-zero anime...

For Pokemon:
The only games that have been truly based off of it have been spin offs...plus they came out in a different order...

F-zero is different...the games made off of it that come from the anime...continue the anime's story and made it into canon...
http://fzero.wikia.com/wiki/F-Zero:_GP_Legend_(video_game)

Considered a reboot of the franchise, this game is based on the anime.

Get my point? Anime does count somewhat in F-Zero's case...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
<_<

Pokemon anime would do Mewtwo good. ^_^ But sadly it's not to be in this thread.

IIRC, Falcon doesn't possess melee moves on F-zero games, nor does he ever get out of his vehicle apart from cut-scenes.

Please try again.

Really, I rather not even bother with you anymore _clinton, with such outlandish statements and I'm fairly sure others don't either. :/
Yeah, I'm thinking we should start ignoring him.
He's basically saying that uncanon info > canon info.
Real life definitions and facts do not necessarily have priority over canon game information.
Seriously, _clinton, you're worse than Galekill. You're even mimicking one of his strategies now...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Meta Knight loses. He can swing Galaxia faster than sound(don't quote me on this, as I have forgotten the source of this post), but Sonic can already move faster than that. Super Sonic babyshakes Meta Knight. Though the Halberd should give him some trouble if we go by game logic. He really just has to cause it to crash and take out Meta Knight before his time limit in Super Sonic mode is up.

Ignoring the Halberd, the real version of Mach Tornado is the best thing Meta has for this fight.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So _clinton

How come my Mewtwo can't destroy the world?

How come my Arceus doesn't speak to me when I approach it?

How come my Arceus' Judgment doesn't leave the surrounding area in ruins?

Lovely

Smash Lord
See 1:45 to 2:30. Super Sonic doesn't crash into ships, he crashes straight through them, destroying them in the process.
♣ That doesn't show him crashing to the ship outside but inside, I think he was talking about outside. If he was I would base it off of Sonic Heroes with the Fight with Metal Overlord. ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Super Sonic can crash through ships, what is MetaKnight going to do? Most likely, Sonic stays Super long enough to destroy the Halberd with MetaKnight inside. If MetaKnight would survive that, he'd still have to face Super Sonic himself. Which he'd lose.

Samochan

Smash Master
Not to mention all of the Pokedex statements that he supports...
Least pokedex is still found within the game... <_<

And I seriously lol at his "anime is canon, cause a game is supposedly based on anime", yet the game is remarkably different from the anime in case he forgot this particular fact lol. Falcon still doesn't go falcon punching anyone in F-zero games, but simply races around. =)

Funnily enough, anime based on game (pokemon) is not canon, even when it has much more similarities with the canon games. =)

--

But hey, wasn't super sonicness limited to certain amount of time? <.< If it wasn't, ignore the following.

If super sonic was indeed limited in time, it would take fair amount of time to crash a big ship like Halberd (it's huge on even normal measurement standards). Halberd can fly normally really fast with it's rocket boost engine type of thing and stays airborne even with both of it's wings damaged and only really crashes when you destroy it's reactor, which is immune to other damage than it's own laser. Halberd also has a nice combo cannon that can rapid fire, shoot cannonballs and a really nice and accurate pulse laser sort of thing that can drop down dynablade and kirby on warp star. Super sonic might be invincible to damage, but he can be knocked around. Apparently this is not even the only Combo cannon aboard Halberd, because the combo cannon you destroy on Kirby superstar & Ultra is #2.

But the funniest thing here would probably be that the hallways and everything aboard the inside of the ship are way too small for sonic to access, meta and kirby being 8 inches tall. So he'd need to bust the whole **** ship and somehow get into the reactor core to do so, but he's way too big to fit in as the reactor is deep within the ship. =D Not forgetting he'd need to navigate around and then somehow locate Meta from that mess.

This would pose a lot of problems to Sonic if indeed his super sonic transformation was limited in duration.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokemon is a thing people either hate or love. I'm somewhere in between. There are much better series of games nowadays, but Pokemon was awesome when I was younger. Though, I wish the series would change their repeative ways... =/ Same could be said about Fire Emblem, but I see more potential in Fire Emblem being ****ing awesome than Pokemon sadly.

Match up related: Okay so the Halberd isn't easily destroyed, but Sonic can stay Super for about 18 minutes, or so I've heard. Never actually played Sonic games... Is Super Sonic truely invincible? Or can he still be knocked away while Super? If he can be knocked around, MetaKnight probably has a stalling advantage then. If they where to fight... like actual Sonic vs MetaKnight... I believe MetaKnight would maybe even win... Considering his hugely overpowered Mach Tornado.

Funny though. Mewtwo beat MetaKnight, MetaKnight will probably beat Sonic, but I can't see Mewtwo winning from Sonic.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wouldn't meta be able to outstall super sonic out of it with Halberd + teleport + meta quick+ fly? Then beat him close ranged with mach tornado and sword fight (meta's sword is so quick lol, no wonder he's like that on brawl..). 16 mins is kind of a lot though...

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic's got this one. If meta uses the halberd, sonic has 16 minutes to destroy iy. When he gets meta one on one, he can just stop time, leaving meta defenseless. Plus, he's invincible, and could probably catch meta no matter where he goes.

Top Bottom