• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Samochan

Smash Master
Hey! This isn't over!

Pokemon can't die in battle (at least, not at the hands of a main-story pokemon trainer.) :p
As long as you keep attacking, Me First will always continue to go first since it is a priority move like Extremespeed.

Can Lucario make a gun out of Me First? Absolutely. Pokemon can use attacks like Milk Drink or Egg Bomb from absolutely nothing, so it wouldn't be surprising if they could create a gun.

Basically, the Pokemon holds a Focus Sash which prevents it from dying from the first hit. It then can use Me First two times, killing Samus.
Or something like that, at least.
Me First copies any damage-dealing move that the target is about to use and increases the power by 50%, if the foe has not made the first move.

Despite some confusion from the in-game description, Me First will only work if the user is faster than the foe or moves first due to an effect from a Custap Berry or a Quick Claw. If the foe is faster than the user, Me First will fail to copy the attack. If the foe uses a non-damaging move, Me First will fail.
This. =)

And pokemon can and do die. There's plenty of graveyards for pokes and stories in pokemon to prove that. =) Fainting in a competitive battle in pokemon doesn't prove they don't get killed outside it and anyways, pokemon fainting renders them incapable of fightning in anycase.

But it doesn't matter if they could somehow produce phazon from thin air, the phazon will deal massive damage as it kills all things it comes in contact with, radiates and causes phazon sickness. Besides, copying her phazon beam move would only heal her, as corrupted samus gains health from phazon. =) Focus sash pokemon would get damaged from phazon immediately if they tried it (only corrupted, phazon entities or those with specific immunities are immune to phazon effects and damage), thus enabling samus to finish them off easily.

Samus going into morph ball cannot be Me firsted either, but when she powerbombs a trainer it's already way too late.

Me first pokemon still gets damaged by the said move even when they copy it and somehow are faster than samus. Doesn't protect Red from getting incinerated by plasma beam. =)

--

I've said this before though. Base stats are not accurate in specifying what kind of speed/strenght/defence pokemon has. If I could run fast, would that mean I could also dodge fast? Or move my hands fast?

Mewtwo is no supercomp like Alakazam, but he sure as hell can hit a lot harder with his sp.attack than kazam can, cause he's your savage genetically mutated ultimate combat pokemon. Same with chomp, it only flies at that speed when it folds it's wings when hunting it's prey, but on battles they stick to ground (lol ground poke) and their grounded speed is what it is. Rampardos has huge attacking strenght due to it's cranium, but it can't move continents unlike Regigigas is said to in legends (who according to game text *not pokedex*, had to be locked away in Sinnoh ruins due to it being so powerful).

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah, Samus wins. Don't rub it in. :p

Samus also wins this match-up. Link, although cooler, doesn't stand a chance.

Edit:
At Joe below: No, I don't think so.

Wait, one last thing, why can't destiny bond kill samus along with red for a draw result?

AndI think Link can win this one...mirror shield the paralyzer blast, and use his superior ranged prowess to out camp ZSS...will that work?

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm all ears.
Ok...if we are talking about Hypermode...please explain to me how something that can put your life/sanity at serious risk every time you use it is a good thing...as all the canon fights show in Metroid Prime 3...Samus is in a great deal of pain after each time she uses Hypermode...

Oh and it isn't even real invincibility...she is using phazon to perform a "power up" option...the other foes that go into hyper mode in MP3 aren't invincible with there's...thus showing that Samus being immune to harm is a gameplay mech (the "ammo" for the mode uses HP after all...it wouldn't make sense to make her lose it from damage as well as ammo)

So...how come Samus is for whatever reason? Of course...it doesn't really matter...Samus keeps on winning fights for BS reasons...because the other sides make them win for BS reasons...and the TC buys it...the same counts for Bowser...but whatever

Oh and I've already brought up the screw attack and speed booster like 20 times...and how they aren't true invincibility as well...they just have a logical explanation (for sci-fi) for how they work...

Oh and really people...Samus beats Pokemon Trainer...its just not as easy as some people in this thread have made it sound...

Samochan

Smash Master
Ok...if we are talking about Hypermode...please explain to me how something that can put your life/sanity at serious risk every time you use it is a good thing...as all the canon fights show in Metroid Prime 3...Samus is in a great deal of pain after each time she uses Hypermode...
Oh yea? Care to explain how she went through the whole game without dying or becoming insane then? Or is somehow able to walk around and shooting phazon without doubling over in pain? If samus can make it through whole Corruption without dying, I can imagine she could take down one opponent here lol.

Oh and it isn't even real invincibility...she is using phazon to perform a "power up" option...the other foes that go into hyper mode in MP3 aren't invincible with there's...thus showing that Samus being immune to harm is a gameplay mech (the "ammo" for the mode uses HP after all...it wouldn't make sense to make her lose it from damage as well as ammo)
And what's real invinciblity then if game mechanics are just there for gimmicks? Surely not star rod, going bananas, protect, starmen or things like that? <_< Samus is not totally immune to harm either, she can be phazon overloaded by enemies and you can terminal fall. But basically she's invincible to harm for some duration of time, but loses her energy tank in the process. Sounds quite fair trade to me.

So...how come Samus is for whatever reason? Of course...it doesn't really matter...Samus keeps on winning fights for BS reasons...because the other sides make them win for BS reasons...and the TC buys it...the same counts for Bowser...but whatever
Samus keeps winning cause she's a total badass with and without game mechanics. =)

Oh and I've already brought up the screw attack and speed booster like 20 times...and how they aren't true invincibility as well...they just have a logical explanation (for sci-fi) for how they work...
I'd like you to provide evidence when screw attacking/speed boosting samus has even been hurt. Prime games count here too.

Oh and really people...Samus beats Pokemon Trainer...its just not as easy as some people in this thread have made it sound...
It is that easy. I'm both pokemon and Metroid fan, but I don't delude myself into thinking pokemon trainer himself could take a shot from any of her weaponry and live to tell the tale. =) Hell, even a normal power beam shot is fatal to him and that's by far, her weakest weapon. xD

Destiny bond cannot draw when it's the last pokemon on your team/only poke on the field. Basically if you destiny bond and you both have last pokemon, you die first, then your opponent. It's an automatical loss in that case. :/ It would also be hella suspicious for PT to command destiny bond for one poke while other pokes do something else, why would Samus attack that lonely, begging to be attacked non-attacking pokemon without scanning it first, for example? Destiny bond also needs to be used in the same turn an attacking move is used, otherwise it fails. For samus to ohko a more heavily defenced poke (aka the good ones for this matchup liek wobba) or non super-effected, she'd need to either charge a shot or multiple fire, rendering destiny bond ineffective if it's used in the beginning. Samus doesn't need to ohko destiny bond using pokemon either, nor even really attack it, because her real target is PT as it ends the match for her real quick. One plasma beam/nova beam targeting system to the brain = win.

What if Red just clings to the Destiny Bond Pokemon so that the only way the beam can hit him is by hitting both...and in pokemon it results in a loss, but if both fighters here are dead, shouldn't that be a draw?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
He has to call some sort of command to the pokemon, and it has to use the attack. It wouldn't take long, but it would take even less time for Samus to fire off a couple shots or a partially charged shot.

Samochan

Smash Master
How long is this estimated to take? In the games it simply appears as a spotlight on the target, doesn't sound time consuming to me.
Destiny bond results in your loss if it's the last pokemon in your party/in the field. As this match is over if Red gets killed, destiny bond wouldn't help a bit. User always gets ko'ed before the target, so it wouldn't even result in a draw.

Also, clinging to wobba or ghost poke... lol.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Alright, next MU:

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE ICE DUO Vs. THE EVIL BROTHER

Ice Climbers Vs. Wario

:popo: Vs. :wario:

Loser's Round 3, Match 2.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :luigi2:, :snake:

Wins +1:

:kirby2:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :toonlink:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Neutral:

:sonic:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pikachu:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:

Loss -1:

:lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:, :diddy:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:, :dk2:, :marth:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:popo:, :jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:

Loss -3:

:wario:, :gw:, :rob:, :olimar:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wario wins this cause of pure strenght. There's just nothing much the Ice Climbers could do, except for the obvious hammer attacks. Wario would be able to pick one of them up with his abilities, and smash them into each other over and over again. He also has his motorcycle ofcoarse which would give him more mobility...

Might as well be one of the last matches Wario can win. He'd maybe win against Yoshi, but he'll have troubles with Pichu and Jigglypuff even. Zero Suit Samus also might be a problem, seeing as she still has the Wave and Ice Beam as well as the Screw Attack while in Zero Suit, or so I've read.

Anyways, yeah Wario wins this I guess...

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, quickly moving on.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE CHIMP MENACE Vs. THE MANLY CAPTAIN

Diddy Kong Vs. Falcon

:diddy: Vs. :falcon:

Loser's Round 3, Match 3.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :luigi2:, :snake:

Wins +1:

:kirby2:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :toonlink:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:

Neutral:

:sonic:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pikachu:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:

Loss -1:

:lucas:, :falco:, :roymelee:, :falcon:, :diddy:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:, :dk2:, :marth:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:, :wario:

Loss -3:

:gw:, :rob:, :olimar:, :popo:

Lovely

Smash Lord
Might as well be one of the last matches Wario can win. He'd maybe win against Yoshi, but he'll have troubles with Pichu and Jigglypuff even. Zero Suit Samus also might be a problem, seeing as she still has the Wave and Ice Beam as well as the Screw Attack while in Zero Suit, or so I've read.
♣ Strangely with Wario's crazy strength, I'm surprised he lost three times. Who was debating for him? I would gladly help Wario, such a hunk. <3 ♥

♣ All in the past now.... I don't know the current match up. V_V ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Depends on it... Diddy can stay airbone with the Barrel Jetpack, that way Captain Falcon can't hit Diddy. The Blue Falcon probably can break the sound barrier, so do sound based moves work on him then? Otherwise... Diddy could try and play the daredevil, and avoid Falcon's first hit with the jetpack then go back on the ground and throw Orange Grenades (as they are enemy-seeking).

Dunno what else needs to be said... Diddy still has invincibility with Going Bananas, which activates instantly. But what can he do in the time he's invincible? Orange Grenades and invincibility will make Diddy the victor I'm thinking. Unlimited supply would mean that Falcon should get hit eventually.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Falcons ship has limited super boost thingy.
but it can be recharged, you just have to drive over those pads.
as for Falcon driving around, he can run into diddy and diddy will get knocked around, he just wouldn't take any damage, unless even contact forces don't even make diddy budge.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy's jetpack is fueled with Crystal Coconuts, which he has unlimited supply for. Dunno about Captain Falcon, but I'm guessing not, cause it'd be weird considering F Zero's gameplay. Never played it, but guessing from the levels in Smash, the verhiles travel in high speeds. Would actually be hilarous if Captain Falcon was like... "**** this ****, I wanna get myself a Snickers nao!" and he'd take a pit stop somewhere. :p

EDIT: Yeah, I guess Diddy could still get knocked around... But then, Falcon would need to slow down, if he'd want to knock Diddy as hard as the first time. He'll likely won't break sound barrier levels, so he'd be a victim to Diddy's guitar.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know exactly HOW strict we're doing this... but yes, Diddy actually first needs to crouch (by pressing the N64 button on the back of the controller) and then pressing C down IIRC to throw the Orange Grenades.

He's never been knocked high like the Blue Falcon would knock him anyways in DK64 (the only game with Orange Grenades) but I'm guessing he would be able to. It's not like it's completely against DK64's game mechanics or anything.. =/

Even so... If Diddy would be on the ground again, he'd activate Going Bananas again, Falcon would try to relocate Diddy, and unless he can break the sound barrier in serval seconds... He'll get hit by the guitar.

_clinton

Smash Master
God...how on earth is a chimp who's has a blood feud with a stupid psychotic alligator a match for someone who happens to be a famous bounty hunter feared by “evil” though out the galaxy again? Really people...anyway going on…

Oh yea? Care to explain how she went through the whole game without dying or becoming insane then? Or is somehow able to walk around and shooting phazon without doubling over in pain? If samus can make it through whole Corruption without dying, I can imagine she could take down one opponent here lol.
Samus not dying or becoming insane happens because maybe a game being unwinnable wouldn’t set well with the people who bought it…but I don’t know…that is just my opinion…

Anyway…the fact that 3 other bounty hunters who were in Samus’ skill level lose out to phazon only because they didn’t know as much about their condition at the time…is proof IMO of it being deadly and something I wouldn’t want to deal with…

Also…last I checked…the game play videos should show Samus being in pain from the use of Phazon to the point of her throwing up from dealing with it: So if you think she is immune to the effects from her phazon infestation…I think you should really check again…

I mean they even change her DNA at the final part of Metroid Prime 3…her own gun ship doesn’t recognize her as SAMUS ARAN!

But basically she's invincible to harm for some duration of time, but loses her energy tank in the process. Sounds quite fair trade to me.
Funny…she can lose the hyper mode from acid rain w/o some protection from the elements…and various foes can knock her out of it and make her enter a critical state while in it…

I'd like you to provide evidence when screw attacking/speed boosting samus has even been hurt. Prime games count here too.
I like how you ignore an explanation of what super sonic speed is in favor of “invincibility”

Again…Samus is running at a fast enough speed to create a sonic boom…that is the only reason why she appears to be invincible when she is using the speed booster…and that speed still isn’t enough for Ness and Lucas…because again…they face foes that go beyond that type of speed…

Really…Sonic has been hurt using his “sonic boom” if he runs into the wrong thing…what makes you think Samus can’t be hurt…oh and why don’t you jump into some spikes while speed boosting if you think Samus can’t be hurt from these types of speed

However, sense you bring it up…in Super Metroid…Samus got hurt from “shine sparking” that is using the speed booster to its fullest effect to super jump and all that other stuff…funny huh? I like how Samus’ suit wasn’t build to actually take Super Sonic speed according to Super Metroid…

Oh and considering how the Screw attack is just a bunch of electricity surrounding Samus…I’m thinking Lucas is by far more than protected from that because of just his normal equipment of the Franklin Badge…but that is just me…but again…that is the only real reason why Samus appears invincible…because most creatures can’t take a **** load of electricity ****ing charging though them…Too bad Lucas can though…

However, I still want proof that Samus is immune to PK Love/whatever and Telepathy please...

It is that easy. I'm both pokemon and Metroid fan, but I don't delude myself into thinking pokemon trainer himself could take a shot from any of her weaponry and live to tell the tale. =) Hell, even a normal power beam shot is fatal to him and that's by far, her weakest weapon. xD
I’d like to think that the pokemon the pokemon trainer has…which for the most part include things like house pets up to mystical beings that break apart mountains (T-Tar) and move as fast as a jet (Garchomp) would be able to protect the trainer from Samus’ gun fire…but whatever

_clinton

Smash Master
So, about the only valid point in that entire post was that Samus is hurt by acid rain while in Hyper Mode.
Yeah...keep thinking that...because you'd better read it again...

Oh and again...the other two metroids: Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission don't say she becomes invincible while speed boosting...they just say she moves at Super Sonic speed...and because of how speed booster starts (with a bang...you know...the same way a sonic boom starts) I'd say that is more logical than lol invincibility

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_boom

Oh...and Ness/Lucas do fight foes that move faster than Samus...god their foes know how to move through space freely...

And hyper mode is a risky move for Samus to go into...how can you think its "safe"

Also again...how can Samus take Lucas' telepathy?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Clinton

It doesn't need to be said in every Metroid game that the boost ball is invincible.
That's what we call redundancy.

During the boost animation or w/e, nothing hurts you. That's what we call invincibility.

In regards to the "fast" enemies in Earthbound/Mother 3, they are in an RPG.
That means each side is taking turns to attack. How do you even determine speed from this?
Just because the Starmen are able to teleport does not mean they do so in battle nor does Ness.
This is present in most any RPG. The enemy is pretty much not moving to let you atttack. Same when you attack. Where do you draw upon that enemies are moving at uber speeds during battles?

From what I've seen in videos, Hyper Mode isn't very risky, at all.
Proper control is player dependent.

Remind me how Lucas uses Telepathy to screw over enemies in Mother 3.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Apparently, Lucas uses telepathy while carrying out PK Flash. Using telepathy can make your opponent cry, feel strange, or puke. Amazing, ain't it?

_clinton

Smash Master
It doesn't need to be said in every Metroid game that the boost ball is invincible.
That's what we call redundancy.
So...the boost ball is invincible now?

Oh and again...how does moving at high speeds make you invincible? Again...I like how you people ignore the logical definition of the speed booster given in newer games in favor of a very brief sentence from a SNES instruction booklet...

Which is sort of funny...because the translations of various games from Japan to America have always have always had issues with just making sense...just look at the foes you fight in EB for example...and what they really are...

In regards to the "fast" enemies in Earthbound/Mother 3, they are in an RPG.
That means each side is taking turns to attack. How do you even determine speed from this?
Said foes move fast on the world map for one...because EB's and Mother 3's battles aren't set up by a RNG...

Plus there is some canon info that talks about how they move...and what technology they have on their side...

Just because the Starmen are able to teleport does not mean they do so in battle nor does Ness.
Right...they only are teleporting freely around in order to enter a fight then huh? Oh and the "in game" rules for teleport are broken all the time in EB as well I might add...

The psychic monkey that teaches Ness how to use the basic teleport (which is a step up from the baby in Mother 1 ^_^) says you can't use it in a cave + you need space to use it...but by the end game...that rule has been broken at least 2 times...by Poo and Ness

This is present in most any RPG. The enemy is pretty much not moving to let you atttack. Same when you attack. Where do you draw upon that enemies are moving at uber speeds during battles?
You should play EB or refresh your info on it...the game stats that the foes for this army fight with mastery over space and time...and you actually see them do stuff like this in the game...even at the start of it with just Starman Jr.

Also...you don't see fights take place in the Mother series...which is done on purpose because Itoi wanted the player to use their imagination for how the fights take place...

From what I've seen in videos, Hyper Mode isn't very risky, at all.
Proper control is player dependent.
lol...look at the actual canon for Metroid...not the game play mechs...

I think you seem to forget what Phazon is...if you don't think Hypermode is risky...let me tell you that you'd better read up on what phazon is and what hypermode does with phazon use...its like eating poison each time you use it...

Apparently, Lucas uses telepathy while carrying out PK Flash. Using telepathy can make your opponent cry, feel strange, or puke. Amazing, ain't it?
Well it can also make you a vegetable...or just flat out "remove you" from battle...again...you guys really should actually do some background research on things before you flat out make BS statements...

Boy...I love how well informed the people are in these threads about various game canons...

Also...again I bring up that Ness and Lucas both show off psychic powers in their games on the screen...that they don't use in battle...Ness shows control over TK from the time he was a baby for example...

Samochan

Smash Master
God...how on earth is a chimp who's has a blood feud with a stupid psychotic alligator a match for someone who happens to be a famous bounty hunter feared by “evil” though out the galaxy again? Really people...anyway going on…
How about a 13 year old kid pwning the competition in comparison? :p Don't judge a book by it's cover, is what they say. And falcon is a bounty hunter and has a reputation, but iirc not feared by anyone not any "evil" things in galaxy. <_<

Samus not dying or becoming insane happens because maybe a game being unwinnable wouldn’t set well with the people who bought it…but I don’t know…that is just my opinion…

Anyway…the fact that 3 other bounty hunters who were in Samus’ skill level lose out to phazon only because they didn’t know as much about their condition at the time…is proof IMO of it being deadly and something I wouldn’t want to deal with…

Also…last I checked…the game play videos should show Samus being in pain from the use of Phazon to the point of her throwing up from dealing with it: So if you think she is immune to the effects from her phazon infestation…I think you should really check again…

I mean they even change her DNA at the final part of Metroid Prime 3…her own gun ship doesn’t recognize her as SAMUS ARAN!
And your point being?

The other bounty hunters are not human nor infused by chozo blood nor do not possess a chozo suit iirc. :p Phazon is deadly we know lol, but the fact is, she is able to use hyper mode after she gets PED suit, not forgetting she's able to utilize phazon beam fully twice when in contact with phazon without getting corrupted or even damaged, on prime 1 via phazon suit and on prime 2 without any phazon protection whatsoever!!! Everything else gets immediately killed by phazon or corrupted, but she takes it all, abuses it's good properties and survives to tell the tale without any negative effects. How awesome is that? =)

Basically, the parts where she's in pain happen after the phazon corruption goes further in her system (aka after you beat the boss in those phazon core thingies), but otherwise she's very okay with it, unlike her companions lol who really go insane and get corrupted and absorbed by dark samus. That's proof enough she is able to utilize hyper mode really well without getting much negative effects on her. Her felow hunters suffer from the actual corruption effects, while she only deals with a bit of pain. Only abusing hyper mode to a point where she gets corrupted 100% will lead to her demise, but samus is not stupid enough to let that happen.

I've played corruption you know. :p And besides, this is characters at their full potential. Samus using hyper mode does not mean Samus in phaaze, that's just limiting her. Samus having a PED suit and being able to utilize hyper mode alongside her other stacked weapons is her at max potential, true to her games as well.

Hyper mode is as risky as your usgae of it makes it. Don't assume she'll be knocked down death as soon as she goes into hyper mode just cause phazon is supposed to be a deadly substance. She's able to utilize her full arsenal just as rest of the chars are able to and last time I checked, she never even died from exposure to phazon, with or without phazon protection.

Funny…she can lose the hyper mode from acid rain w/o some protection from the elements…and various foes can knock her out of it and make her enter a critical state while in it…
Funny, you can screw attack through the acid rain without taking any damage. And you can even skip hazard shield altogether, cause acid rain is simply there to prevent players skipping into that area of pirate base without hazard shield. Acid rain also deals more damage than phazon, rofl what. Guess it was just gameplay mechanic then. :p

Enemies also use phazon grenades to overload her with phazon. But no one else here besides samus has such weapons designed to overload. She's all fine and dandy rolling in a pit of phazon too and getting health even. =)

I like how you ignore an explanation of what super sonic speed is in favor of “invincibility”

Again…Samus is running at a fast enough speed to create a sonic boom…that is the only reason why she appears to be invincible when she is using the speed booster…and that speed still isn’t enough for Ness and Lucas…because again…they face foes that go beyond that type of speed…

Really…Sonic has been hurt using his “sonic boom” if he runs into the wrong thing…what makes you think Samus can’t be hurt…oh and why don’t you jump into some spikes while speed boosting if you think Samus can’t be hurt from these types of speed
Lol how is Lucas and ness any relevant in this discussion about samus and her invincibility/weapons again? ^_^ And RPG enemies don't move at beyond super sonic speeds lol, there's no enemy on EB games that do.

However, sense you bring it up…in Super Metroid…Samus got hurt from “shine sparking” that is using the speed booster to its fullest effect to super jump and all that other stuff…funny huh? I like how Samus’ suit wasn’t build to actually take Super Sonic speed according to Super Metroid…
On recurring games she takes no damage from shinesparking. =)

Oh and considering how the Screw attack is just a bunch of electricity surrounding Samus…I’m thinking Lucas is by far more than protected from that because of just his normal equipment of the Franklin Badge…but that is just me…but again…that is the only real reason why Samus appears invincible…because most creatures can’t take a **** load of electricity ****ing charging though them…Too bad Lucas can though…

However, I still want proof that Samus is immune to PK Love/whatever and Telepathy please...
Last time I checked, samus didn't even need to use screw attack against Lucas. >_> Your point is irrelevant.

I’d like to think that the pokemon the pokemon trainer has…which for the most part include things like house pets up to mystical beings that break apart mountains (T-Tar) and move as fast as a jet (Garchomp) would be able to protect the trainer from Samus’ gun fire…but whatever
Unfortunately they cannot, cause Samus weapons (aka plasma beam/nova beam) go through enemies, be it any enemy. She fires nuclear weapons (omega cannon) out of the blue, drops power bombs that have a very wide radious of explosion that incinerate all targets, her phazon beam is super deadly weapon against anything thats not immune to it or otherwise resist it... and so on.

I could make someone cry too with simple words or actions. I must be a telepathic then. :o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hows a crazed 13 year old druggie going to hold his own against a fierce highly trained altletic female bounty hunter equiped with zomgawesome suits and weapons? Now THAT'S the real question. :O

Now actually answering your question: the chimp's gonna beat the famous bounty hunter with explosive fruits, invincibility through eating bananas, jungle technology as the Barrel Jetpack and a pimped up electric guitar which sends out sound waves destroying... many things.

Well, the Trainer first needs time to actually send out his Pokemon... I can see Samus being able to shoot the Trainer before his Pokemon are even out. =/ Very cheap way of winning, but it works.

Btw, Samus CAN be hurt while using Screw Attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x02WfufXyU&feature=related .

Beams also go through the Screw Attack as I know from personal exprience. Metroid Fusion is the ****.

I think PK Love and PSI Rockin' can hurt Samus while using Screw Attack, but not Speed Booster.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
A thirteen year old druggie with the power of the planet coursing through his mind. Again, +1 for _clinton.

I'd say Diddy Kong loses, but I can't say much about him. There's Rambi if he can use him, but I'm not sure how an F-Zero machine can fair against a rhinocerous.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's got invincibility in DK: King of Swing. It'd give Diddy the time to throw the Orange Grenades from DK64, and use Guitar Guzamp also from DK64. Explosives and invincibility would make Diddy win I guess. Falcon can't do much else besides the obvious so...

_clinton

Smash Master
How about a 13 year old kid pwning the competition in comparison? :p Don't judge a book by it's cover, is what they say. And falcon is a bounty hunter and has a reputation, but iirc not feared by anyone not any "evil" things in galaxy. <_<
Well plenty of people sure do have a grudge against him if you read up on his background…and Ness’ image is another thing that is done on purpose actually…it’s to mock the standard RPG hero…ever read the back of the box for EB? There is actually some meaning behind the stuff that happens in the Mother series. As for Lucas…again I say you should read the “book of lies” to get a better idea of what he is supposed to be…it’s not pretty though if you want to know that…

And your point being?
My point being…Samus was only using the phazon weaponry because they (as in the GF) didn’t know how else to remove phazon…I personally wouldn’t use a weapon made of a substance that had a hand in helping out with removal of an entire race of people in a bunch of very slow and painful deaths…

However, for some reason MP3 makes it look like that said substance makes the user have super powers (which is just ****ing stupid btw) so who am I to judge?

Everything else gets immediately killed by phazon or corrupted, but she takes it all, abuses it's good properties and survives to tell the tale without any negative effects. How awesome is that? =)
Actually you should review the Metroid Prime 3 game script again (and even the earlier stuff such as from Metroid Prime 1)…not everything else gets immediately killed by phazon or corrupeted…

The 1st victims of MP3…the space pirates…there is plenty of data showing that they did last for a while before all losing their minds…yet they get restored at the end of the game as well (because that wouldn’t set with the metroid canon you know)
The Ice bounty hunter Rundus…there is evidence left behind from various trace amounts of ice THAT YOU CAN SCAN before you fight him which shows that he just barely got taken over by the phazon when you showed up...so in a way…he actually lasted longer under Phazon’s full influence than what Samus had to deal with (because she was asleep longer than everyone else remember? It was dormant during that time pretty much IIRC or something like that) Really the only reason Samus didn’t get ****ed by this stuff was because she was the last one “out the door”

Hell…some people even think Rundus was under Dark Samus’ personal control during that fight just because of how long he lasted and how his behavior differs from the other two that you fight…

And of course she survives the tale w/o any negative effects…the stuff gets removed completely if the “head gets cut off”

Also…before Samus was even using the PED suit…there were other people using it…and a bunch of other unnamed people in the GF as well show up to help Samus though out that full game (such as on the pirate Homeworld) while using Phazon based weaponry…

Basically, the parts where she's in pain happen after the phazon corruption goes further in her system (aka after you beat the boss in those phazon core thingies), but otherwise she's very okay with it, unlike her companions lol who really go insane and get corrupted and absorbed by dark samus. That's proof enough she is able to utilize hyper mode really well without getting much negative effects on her. Her felow hunters suffer from the actual corruption effects, while she only deals with a bit of pain. Only abusing hyper mode to a point where she gets corrupted 100% will lead to her demise, but samus is not stupid enough to let that happen.
Already talked about this and why I think Samus actually survived the events of MP3…

Said events are her waking up 2 weeks after everyone else did…being last actually had a plus ^_^

Oh and I like how you think the parts where she is in pain don’t matter…

Tell me…how many fights does Samus have where she truly has to use the Hypermode, to beat the stuff…oh and I hardly care throwing up because of the pain…only a bit of the pain…but that is just me ^_^

I've played corruption you know. :p And besides, this is characters at their full potential. Samus using hyper mode does not mean Samus in phaaze, that's just limiting her. Samus having a PED suit and being able to utilize hyper mode alongside her other stacked weapons is her at max potential, true to her games as well.
So…can Samus have the PED suit with the gravity suit on at the same time? How about the light suit? Oh and the beam weapons she has been able to stack are limited btw…really they have been just 3 elements mainly (because things like the wide beam, charge beam are more of a “upgrade IMO)

BTW…I don’t see any of those 3 elements doing **** to Lucas ^_^

Hyper mode is as risky as your usgae of it makes it.
Quit thinking game mechs are an example of canon…because the actual canon for MP3 does show hyper mode as being risky…you really can’t take that back

Funny, you can screw attack through the acid rain without taking any damage. And you can even skip hazard shield altogether, cause acid rain is simply there to prevent players skipping into that area of pirate base without hazard shield. Acid rain also deals more damage than phazon, rofl what. Guess it was just gameplay mechanic then. :p

Enemies also use phazon grenades to overload her with phazon. But no one else here besides samus has such weapons designed to overload. She's all fine and dandy rolling in a pit of phazon too and getting health even. =)
Acid rain is actually in the games text and on the lores…and the game assumes that you got the hazard shield

The damage it does to energy tanks is a game mech (which again…we have no way outside of the metroid universe of knowing what one energy tank is truly worth…I feel I should bring that up) but acid rain itself is not a game mech.

Get it?

Lol how is Lucas and ness any relevant in this discussion about samus and her invincibility/weapons again? ^_^ And RPG enemies don't move at beyond super sonic speeds lol, there's no enemy on EB games that do.
Lucas and Ness are relevant to this discussion about Samus and her “canon” because Lucas and Samus had a fight and I disagree with the results put simply…Ness and Lucas are the same spiritually or at least something like that according to Itoi…and because they are using the same general powers it is easy to compare them…

Also…EB for canon just has its normal foes moving through space freely…that is nothing special am I right? Actually I think that is better than supersonic speed (teleporting that is) but that is just me…
Oh and…considering how there are foes in Mother 3 made out of pure energy + have jet engines on them…I have to disagree with your speed thing as well for that…

On recurring games she takes no damage from shinesparking. =)
This reply was to be expected and was set up on purpose…and my response is to point out that if you want to accept that…then you better accept what the speed booster really is…it isn’t true invincibility…

Unfortunately they cannot, cause Samus weapons (aka plasma beam/nova beam) go through enemies, be it any enemy.
I like how she won that match…it was stupid and it totally was in favor of Metroid game mechs…Lucas’ shields “Trade” damage with each other…as in the pain felt by one…is transferred over…even if the shield is ruined…so like it or not…Samus is going to hurt herself if she harms Lucas…but whatever

She fires nuclear weapons (omega cannon) out of the blue,
Yes…because the mother characters sure aren’t familiar with dealing with nukes…they are just equipped on common everyday foes as part of a fuel system that go off when enough pressure is dealt with ^_^

Oh and the damage they do is easily brushed off as well…

drops power bombs that have a very wide radious of explosion that incinerate all targets,
Oh…again this is another thing Lucas has never dealt with…his friend Kumatora is just about to ****ing mess with the “astral plane” using her TK powers for a normal attack that is learned as part of the canon…and Lucas is by far stronger than her…yet a power bomb will be Lucas undoing…

her phazon beam is super deadly weapon against anything thats not immune to it or otherwise resist it... and so on.
PK Love is super deadly against anything that is not immune to it or otherwise resists it as well…it’s the dragon’s power itself really…because it gets stronger as the power gets closer to being removed…as in Lucas is using the power of the earth to actually use PK Love…so he is attacking with a “god power” that is linked to him and is based off his feelings…How about that?

I could make someone cry too with simple words or actions. I must be a telepathic then. :o
Lucas can also talk with animals, seemly influence the actions of others (DCMC chapter 4), read minds (various NPCs show what they are thinking throughout the game), and some other things that I already talked about in a older post (you know…the things about the “removing from the fight” and turning into a vegetable with PK Flash)

Hows a crazed 13 year old druggie going to hold his own against a fierce highly trained altletic female bounty hunter equiped with zomgawesome suits and weapons? Now THAT'S the real question. :O
Well this is something I respond to at the start of this post…

Now actually answering your question: the chimp's gonna beat the famous bounty hunter with explosive fruits, invincibility through eating bananas, jungle technology as the Barrel Jetpack and a pimped up electric guitar which sends out sound waves destroying... many things.
So…what you are saying is that Jungle technology>Sci-fi technology?

F-Zero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSPzaxQ__M

I’m pretty sure that beats this horse ****:
Donkey Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfuH_Kwauk

C. Falcon has the reflexes to deal with traveling at and beyond the speed of sound…he has gone into a black hole and made it out alive…he has been in hell even just from his racing…
He is better at racing than GOD is even! (F-Zero GX story mode)

All of this is funny because racing is only a HOBBIE for him! That’s right…it’s only a hobbie! He even has his own private islands because at the age of 37…he got enough $$ off of being a bounty hunter to buy them I guess

He is more than a match for a **** dirty ape if he is packing power that makes a user a god (which again...according to the F-Zero GX game...he is packing god power...the anime isn't a lie...its also based off a game IIRC...Black Shadow is "pure evil" and he is "pure good" (yin yang sort of thing) even though he does die after that Falcon Punch in it...because he and black shadow where fighting in the set up of a bomb)

Metroid Fusion is the ****.
Metroid Fusion is awesome…to tell the truth…when I 1st played it…the SA-X scared the **** out of me ^_^

I think PK Love and PSI Rockin' can hurt Samus while using Screw Attack, but not Speed Booster.
Again…how? The speed booster isn’t true invincibility…she is just being protected because of the energy that is being made from how fast she is moving (again…look it up on how it works)

I personally don’t think she would be protected from anything that doesn’t make sense…which is everything when it comes to psychic attacks ^_^

But the main thing I want to know still is…is she immune to telepathic powers or not? ^_^

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm making this double post just to make sure that Diddy_Kong sees at least one thing in my other post...

He's got invincibility in DK: King of Swing. It'd give Diddy the time to throw the Orange Grenades from DK64, and use Guitar Guzamp also from DK64. Explosives and invincibility would make Diddy win I guess. Falcon can't do much else besides the obvious so...
Falcon can canon wise do whatever he wants...he beat GOD canon wise!

Even though F-Zero is hardly what I would call serious ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j0s6oqyTX4

See...he is a true hero...Who also has a power that can destroy the universe/galaxy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ggxARRozM&feature=related

Even though later the gods who made that belt point out that there is no universal forces...but who cares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh8iXsGdfU0&feature=related

He still can beat said gods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTDZa_7AKj8

Top Bottom