• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Samochan

Smash Master
Mewtwo learns teleport in generation one. I'm not sure about flying.

And I find it silly that Mewtwo isn't allowed to have his moveset in generation one and generation four at the same time. Because from what I read, everyone is allowed to do that so why not Mewtwo?
Mewtwo can certainly levitate, he's shown to do that on every possible occasion I know, ranging from stadium to manga to anime to pmd to his tiny sprite not walking but gliding. Game art included. And basically it's his only viable method of long travel transportation too. Any other way to get from cinnabar to cerulean is laughable.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Mewtwo can certainly levitate, he's shown to do that on every possible occasion I know, ranging from stadium to manga to anime to pmd to his tiny sprite not walking but gliding. Game art included. And basically it's his only viable method of long travel transportation too. Any other way to get from cinnabar to cerulean is laughable.
What about Groudon -> Embedded Tower?

Or Registeel/ice/rock from ruins to wherever they were in Platinum?

Mewtwo doesn't levitate while moving >_>
He moves his legs.

Samochan

Smash Master
What about Groudon -> Embedded Tower?

Or Registeel/ice/rock from ruins to wherever they were in Platinum?

Mewtwo doesn't levitate while moving >_>
He moves his legs.
There is a distinct difference between dropping down hard from above and levitating smoothly down, just like there is difference between flying and bouncing. And besides, the dropping down is an effect to hide the adversary, but you cannot say the way they come down has anything to do with hiding their identities, but an added effect.

And while he may actually walk on hgss (well he has legs), he certainly levitates on pmd, tho with a bit of bounce. Those pokes that walk atop ground walk, you can see the difference.

But this is only a small part, other instances are much more visual and clear anyway. Levitation has certainly been depicted to be within his range of abilities in all of his appearances. Not to mention Mew can also levitate and Mewtwo is made of Mew's genes. And if he couldn't levitate, I wonder what booze the game makers were drinking then when making the scene in stadium where he flies atop the stadium, towards your screen and then levitating on night sky. Then all his anime appearances, from original series to movie to openings to mirage pokemon special. Heck, even recent artwork from Pokemon Ranger has him clearly levitating, his toes are not bend to show he might've been standing atop something.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Sorry if what i have said has already been mentioned/disproven...but:

Mewtwo can teleport, and couldn't just teleport to anywhere Sonic runs, and use some sort of wide range attack that sonic can't avoid...Earthquake? Sandstorm?
And just to clarify, what exactly are the mechanics of Future Sight in this thread?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
There is a distinct difference between dropping down hard from above and levitating smoothly down, just like there is difference between flying and bouncing. And besides, the dropping down is an effect to hide the adversary, but you cannot say the way they come down has anything to do with hiding their identities, but an added effect.
No, I meant how did Groudon get from the Terra Cave all the way in Hoenn to the Emedded Tower in Johto. He doesn't drop down in any of those, iirc.
And while he may actually walk on hgss (well he has legs), he certainly levitates on pmd, tho with a bit of bounce. Those pokes that walk atop ground walk, you can see the difference.
Video of Mewtwo in PMD?

Sorry if what i have said has already been mentioned/disproven...but:

Mewtwo can teleport, and couldn't just teleport to anywhere Sonic runs, and use some sort of wide range attack that sonic can't avoid...Earthquake? Sandstorm?
Teleport only lets Mewtwo return to the last Center visited or run away from an opponent, thus ending the battle completely. Teleport not working in trainer battles is obviously a game mechanic, it would cause problems if you could just Teleport away from too tough trainers.

Oh wait, now I remember why we don't let Mewtwo use Teleport... FrLg, right? It's a remake of RBY, and since M2 doesn't learn Teleport in that one...
And I think this is what caused us to do the Mewtwo gen I/II gen III/IV split.
And just to clarify, what exactly are the mechanics of Future Sight in this thread?
Uh... it hits after a while but has a chance to miss?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Sorry to be ignorant, but why is only one specific generation Mewtwo being used?

this pokedex rule...it's not logical.

Regardless, what about the Earthquake/Sandstorm idea?

(i guess I read into Pokemon moves too much, hence the future sight question)

Samochan

Smash Master
No, I meant how did Groudon get from the Terra Cave all the way in Hoenn to the Emedded Tower in Johto. He doesn't drop down in any of those, iirc.
I don't think it has ever been said there's only one groudon, kyogre etc. while mewtwo is definitely unique according to game story. Only one mewtwo was made, while we do not know about groudon or kyogre for certain. But I'd assume there is some more, when you can find one not only from Hoenn, but Johto and PMD land as well. Otherwise it's reasonable to assume they can move around, heck in emerald the caves THEMSELVES change locations, why not the legendaries? Like for example, rayquaza can fly around easily enough and you can find it from Sky tower in PMD1.

And besides, pokemon can definitely move around, you can find hoenn and sinnoh pokemons from johto and stuff. It's not unreasonable to assume, as they're based on animals, pokemon do migrate and swarm and legendaries move on their own. Like the legendary dogs and other roaming legends. So, why not?

Note, there are some other legends too which are implied to be only one, such as Regigigas. According to pokedex, it was sealed into snowpoint temple as people feared it's power and there it stays, you cannot find regigigas whom anywhere else. I don't see how Mewtwo would be confined into a certain cave (especially when there was a cave in seemingly on GSC and mewtwo has disappeared), being a powerful psychic and living and breathing thing.

Video of Mewtwo in PMD?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91QitUm2fqU

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I love how everyone is going in complete circles and not talking about the main point here. Mewtwo vs Sonic.

See ya guys, the amount of Mewtwo support is sickening (I really, really, really hate this character)
Just give Mewtwo the win and move on.

(And I'm sure he'll win all of his next matches too)

Samochan

Smash Master
I cannot exacly discuss that matchup more if people disagree with mewtwo's skillset, can I? >_> I've already given my opinion on that matchup too and I can only really work with Mewtwo, as my sonic knowledge is quite lackuster.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Sorry to be ignorant, but why is only one specific generation Mewtwo being used?
RBY and GSC have been remade, remember? They have the move split and everything that's 'updated' in them.
Don't bring up the Dex, it brings the apocalypse.
Regardless, what about the Earthquake/Sandstorm idea?
Earthquake doesn't work on jumping foes while Sandstorm harms Mewtwo as well?

I don't think it has ever been said there's only one groudon, kyogre etc. while mewtwo is definitely unique according to game story. Only one mewtwo was made, while we do not know about groudon or kyogre for certain. But I'd assume there is some more, when you can find one not only from Hoenn, but Johto and PMD land as well. Otherwise it's reasonable to assume they can move around, heck in emerald the caves THEMSELVES change locations, why not the legendaries? Like for example, rayquaza can fly around easily enough and you can find it from Sky tower in PMD1.
Are you implying Kyogre and Groudon aren't unique? Jeez, the game makes such an effort to say THIS ONE KYOGRE/GROUDON made the seas/land.
And besides, pokemon can definitely move around, you can find hoenn and sinnoh pokemons from johto and stuff. It's not unreasonable to assume, as they're based on animals, pokemon do migrate and swarm and legendaries move on their own. Like the legendary dogs and other roaming legends. So, why not?
The distance, maybe? Well, how far is Johto from Hoenn, anyway?

Well then, I stand corrected. Interesting concept though.

I love how everyone is going in complete circles and not talking about the main point here. Mewtwo vs Sonic.

See ya guys, the amount of Mewtwo support is sickening (I really, really, really hate this character)
Just give Mewtwo the win and move on.

(And I'm sure he'll win all of his next matches too)
M2 fan-ism is really the most annoying kind, but I'm sure there are others... (no offense to anyone, but I prefer Lugia :bee:)

Samochan

Smash Master
Are you implying Kyogre and Groudon aren't unique? Jeez, the game makes such an effort to say THIS ONE KYOGRE/GROUDON made the seas/land.
Either that, or they definitely can move around. How else would you explain that you can find those 3 hoenn legendaries from johto?

Imo, because the player needs those orbs that were stolen in RSE from Mt. Pyre to encounter those 3 elemental legendaries in embedded tower, the orbs could be a way to call those pokemons to that tower. They were used in RSE to awaken them and thought they could be used to control em as well. They're also described on hgss to have a deep connection to Hoenn region.

The distance, maybe? Well, how far is Johto from Hoenn, anyway?
http://serebii.net/pokearth/

It's not official me thinks (might be tho), but the pokemon world does resemble japan, so I assume it's been constructed to look as such.

Why would a distance be any trouble for a legendary pokemon tho? We humans can travel thousands of miles and it's not like normal animals like birds don't travel as well. Kyogre can travel by sea, rayquaza can fly and groudon could travel within earth's magma rivers/something, he's not even that big as anime makes it to be and well, groudon's a continent pokemon that shapes the land. =D

_clinton

Smash Master
Uh, we don't think M2 is slow...
Well you guys keep bringing up the idea of Sonic just running away from M2 to power up his Super form, which doesn't make sense considering how M2 is at the top of his world and it is a world with a bunch of other things moving and attacking at the speed of sound + (beyond mach 2 at least).

Yeah I know, people are more ok with field mice having control over the weather and all of the issues that come up with moves for 90% of the pokemon than just using the info in the Dex that actually has an idea of how they work.

Also Diddy Kong, what is the word on Wario vs. DK/Diddy/Pikachu, and Falcon vs. Diddy response again?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Either that, or they definitely can move around. How else would you explain that you can find those 3 hoenn legendaries from johto?

Imo, because the player needs those orbs that were stolen in RSE from Mt. Pyre to encounter those 3 elemental legendaries in embedded tower, the orbs could be a way to call those pokemons to that tower. They were used in RSE to awaken them and thought they could be used to control em as well. They're also described on hgss to have a deep connection to Hoenn region.
That actually seems to make some sense since RSE places emphasis on the Orbs as well. Anyhoo, you can't encounter Groudon/Rayquaza/Kyogre without their Orbs.
http://serebii.net/pokearth/

It's not official me thinks (might be tho), but the pokemon world does resemble japan, so I assume it's been constructed to look as such.
It's not official... ._.
Why would a distance be any trouble for a legendary pokemon tho? We humans can travel thousands of miles and it's not like normal animals like birds don't travel as well. Kyogre can travel by sea, rayquaza can fly and groudon could travel within earth's magma rivers/something, he's not even that big as anime makes it to be and well, groudon's a continent pokemon that shapes the land. =D
Kyogre isn't even in water o_o

Well you guys keep bringing up the idea of Sonic just running away from M2 to power up his Super form, which doesn't make sense considering how M2 is at the top of his world and it is a world with a bunch of other things moving and attacking at the speed of sound + (beyond mach 2 at least).
Do not pull a Galekill. I repeat, DO NOT PULL A GALEKILL

Samochan

Smash Master
That actually seems to make some sense since RSE places emphasis on the Orbs as well. Anyhoo, you can't encounter Groudon/Rayquaza/Kyogre without their Orbs.
Which is why imo, those orbs call in those pokemons. They cannot control them nor have the power to like, well, pop in those pokemons like you'd summon an aeon in ffx. But rather act as a beacon. We also know that these 3 pokemons like to stay in sleep and whatever, so it would support this theory that when the orbs are used, the pokemons awaken and uh, do stuff. Awakening one doesn't seem to cause a rampage, cause there's no one to go ballistic at and you can use only one orb per game in hgss, depending of the version. And when you have both pokemons (note, both need to be aquired from hgss), you show em to Oak and he gives you the Jade orb so you can encounter Rayquaza (wherever he got that jade orb from lol).

Kyogre isn't even in water o_o
He lives in a cavern below the sea you gotta dive into, in a pool of water. >_>; Course he lives on water and besides, Kyogre can expand the seas.

As for the map.. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Region

It's as close as it gets. :/

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@powerbomb

Could Mewtwo use Sandstorm, and then use something akin to periodic protect to lose health slower than Sonic and win attrition style?

...what about trick room?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
M2 fan-ism is really the most annoying kind, but I'm sure there are others... (no offense to anyone, but I prefer Lugia)
It really is annoying, especially when you get comments like so.

@powerbomb

Could Mewtwo use Sandstorm, and then use something akin to periodic protect to lose health slower than Sonic and win attrition style?

...what about trick room?
Sandstorm lasts for five turns and is a complete gimmick.
STOP DISCUSSING GIMMICKS.

Next you'll tell me LOL MEWTWO CANZ BEAT GANONZ JST USE TRICK ROOMZ FTW.

Seriously, can we move on?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
How are moves that have in-game restrictions gimmiks?

If a move creates an un-avoidable damaging wave, how is it that you don't consider it a legitimate move? because it actually gives pokemon a chance?

And Trick room is also a move with a possible effect.

Stop acting so high and mighty because I'm trying to think of things logically?

BTW. I don't even really like Mewtwo (So I am not being a M2 fanboy), I was under the impression we were supposed to discuss the battle match-ups presented and think about them.

BSP

Smash Legend
It's clearly a game mechanic. There must be limit or else some Pokemons could be (almost)unstoppable with the right strategy.
I'll agree that psyche up should work.

I'm not the one who will argue this though. I read the rules and it says that Sonic can maintain his superform for 2-3 hours.
Well, I'll explain if it comes to that.

It's not that extreme. He is fast as hell but that doesn't mean he can OHKO someone in less than a second. If anything Sonic wouldn't KO someone so easily(even with stuff like CC) like let's say Bowser who is durable as hell(surviving a sun explosion).
Maybe I am exagerating his power abit, but M2 isn't known for incredible defenses either. I'm expecting both of them to take about 3-4 hits from each other.

It depends if Mew2 quickly decides which move he wants to forget. It's instant if he will execute it fast otherwise it lasts longer. But we are talking about his full potential so...
Can you find a vid of PMD TM usage?

I don't know how to explain it to you. It kinda works like counter but weaker. He will receive 1/4 of the damage.

And I don't think his shield will work because the moment Sonic touchs Mewtwo, is the moment he gets counterd.
Well, if M2 actually has to hit Sonic for the counter to work, the shield would stop it. Otherwise, Sonic can have healing items too.

Well the majority thinks that Snatch works.
True.

That may be true but Sonic is not the only one who is so ****ing dangerous. In fact almost anyone in this thread have abilitys that gives anyone trouble.
Like I said, I don't think either of them will last long vs. each other.

If he slows Mewtwo down, Trick Room will be even nastier for Sonic(reverse Speed).
What if he just stops him in time?

Keep in mind that Psych up can be used after his transformation. And if he stops time, Trick Room will never wear off because well the time stops after all.
Sonic doesn't have to transform, and if he stops time,he wouldn't really have to worry about trick room for a while since he could just hit M2.

He has whole bag of items for attacks, traps and healing. One move slot wasted is not that bad. He has more attack options than you think.
Sonic has items too. I don't know if they would make a huge difference though.

If a move creates an un-avoidable damaging wave, how is it that you don't consider it a legitimate move? because it actually gives pokemon a chance?
Sonic can generate lightning shields at will. Sandstorm won't hurt him. Even if it somehow does, he can heal with items.

Hold on Raizen. There are a million M2 supporters, and only like 2-3 Sonic supporters...if that many.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
If he stops time he can embargo. But of course he has to approach first.

Mariobrouser how about we call it a tie? I don't think we have more arguments anymore. And all the arguements we are bringing are going on a circle.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How are moves that have in-game restrictions gimmiks?

And Trick room is also a move with a possible effect.

Stop acting so high and mighty because I'm trying to think of things logically?

BTW. I don't even really like Mewtwo (So I am not being a M2 fanboy), I was under the impression we were supposed to discuss the battle match-ups presented and think about them.
He's just ticked off because of the sheer number of Mewtwo fanboys running around (still no offense to anyone...). The thing is, Sandstorm isn't useful at all here. It deals a small amount of damage (1/16th per turn, iirc) and only lasts a relatively 'small' amount of time. Same with Trick Room. Unless Mewtwo can pull of some serious damage in the amount of turns presented by Trick Room, then it doesn't really help. And what might be gimmicks in actual competitive battling can be real battling tactics in here.

Samochan said:
He lives in a cavern below the sea you gotta dive into, in a pool of water. >_>; Course he lives on water and besides, Kyogre can expand the seas.
I meant in the Embedded Tower.
As for the map.. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Region

It's as close as it gets. :/
Eh.

EDIT: The King of Murder, I hope you aren't still thinking Mewtwo can Snatch anything from Sonic. Snatch is very specific, and Sonic's transform/Time Stop/Lightning Shield aren't Snatchable. Psych Up also does not pertain to invincibility. Stat boosts, yeah, but not invincibility (or psuedo-invincibility, since it doesn't copy the invincibility effect of Protect).

Also, Trick Room still gives Pokemon their usual Speed stat, but just reverses who gives first and last. Priority moves still take precedence in there.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd be ok with a tie, because this is kinda going back and forth.

I'm kinda confused on what M2 can and can't do now lol.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Ok in my opinion it should be a tie now. But I want to clarify something first.

Can you find a vid of PMD TM usage?
Sadly I can't. I tested it out myself since I have MD. If anyone finds a video about it, can he/she send me the link?

What if he just stops him in time?
Well Embargo+TR could be effective against it.

Well, if M2 actually has to hit Sonic for the counter to work, the shield would stop it
K. Sonic won't have time to activate the shield. Sonic gets a counter at the same moment(or a split second later) Mew2 receives damage. But yeah Sonic has healing options.

@Powerbomb
Psych up doesn't work on protect because it's like a wall and not a boost. Plus the move is invincible to begin with. Sonic isn't invulnerable from the start and gets his infinite defense boost after he transforms. Btw Priority represents the speed of a Pokemon in the games. So TR kinda does reverse the speed of them.

Samochan

Smash Master
Um, what about PMD items? Mewtwo is not trainer commanded, so it would make those items viable for him to use and besides, it's said on DPP that pokemon cannot use man-made items such as potions and elixirs, but the pokemon can certainly use other kinds of items found from Mystery dungeon games.

There are some useful items there, like time-space orb, that maximally raises all stats of the holder, vile seed that maximally lowers defence and special defence, seeds that petrify, cross-eye, confuse etc.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
This is why I don't generally like PMD, it clashes with pokemon mechanics ESPECIALLY considering how some moves/abilities work.

Well Embargo+TR could be effective against it.

But to each one's own.
LOL what a useless and situational moveset. If you TR, Sonic still moves and he can use super sonic due to his higher speed. If you embargo... guess what he STILL MOVES FIRST.
You can't COMBINE the effects. GOD.

What pray tell are your other 2 moves?

PS: BTW, you know how many times it took me to recruit Mewtwo in PMD1?
3 TIMES. A 99 floor dungeon, Mewtwo lies at the end and doesn't join you unless you beat him once already. I FORGOT TO BUY HIS HABITAT!!! I was incredibly pissed off when he didn't join.

That is another reason why I hate the freak. That and he pisses me of in competitive pokemon play (Uber tiers)

Stupid Calm mind sweep. >_<

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Um, what about PMD items? Mewtwo is not trainer commanded, so it would make those items viable for him to use and besides, it's said on DPP that pokemon cannot use man-made items such as potions and elixirs, but the pokemon can certainly use other kinds of items found from Mystery dungeon games.

There are some useful items there, like time-space orb, that maximally raises all stats of the holder, vile seed that maximally lowers defence and special defence, seeds that petrify, cross-eye, confuse etc.
Sonic can always catch those ite
ms that are thrown at him.

@pknintendo: punishment ho-oh.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sonic can always catch those ite
ms that are thrown at him.

@pknintendo: punishment ho-oh.
That could actually be feasible. I mean, Ho-Oh has fantastic special defense, and he can't tank pretty much any shot and KO with Punishment.

(It's got a really bad Stealth Rock weakness and Entry hazards are growing...)

_clinton

Smash Master
Do not pull a Galekill. I repeat, DO NOT PULL A GALEKILL
Hey I'm just saying that Sonic's speed isn't that special when it comes to a lot of pokemon already just naturally and when Mewtwo is considered the classic "king of pokemon" as far as what he was made for that should say something, so unless Sonic gets something like Super Sonic off, which M2 seems to have the tools to prevent such a thing from happening, I don't see him winning, especially when Sonic has a fun history of being beat by psychics.

Sonic 06 with Silver comes to mind, but of course one has to question Sonic Team's logic of always making their main poster character seem inferior to a new one that they have. (However, I guess this video says it better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHGj_l2iVY)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hey I'm just saying that Sonic's speed isn't that special when it comes to a lot of pokemon already just naturally and when Mewtwo is considered the classic "king of pokemon" as far as what he was made for that should say something, so unless Sonic gets something like Super Sonic off, which M2 seems to have the tools to prevent such a thing from happening, I don't see him winning, especially when Sonic has a fun history of being beat by psychics.

Sonic 06 with Silver comes to mind, but of course one has to question Sonic Team's logic of always making their main poster character seem inferior to a new one that they have. (However, I guess this video says it better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHGj_l2iVY)

Titles mean squat. Ness is some average kid but is incredibly strong.

Mewtwo isn't even the fastest pokemon in the game. He's tied with Jolteon, (a non legendary!)

Base 130=not that fast.
and is SLOWER than Electrode.

Sonic however is generally always the fastest character in his games.

Mewtwo is outsped by Sonic who uses Super Sonic and simply destroys him. Taunt/Embargo/W/E bs they use will not work once he is super.

Even outside of Super Sonic, Sonic has a crap load of abilities, including chaoes control, Sonic tornado and other crap.

DONT FORGET MAGICZ GLOVES!

BSP

Smash Legend
Magic gloves don't work on bosses, so they shouldn't work on M2.

I'm leaning toward a tie myself.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
That could actually be feasible. I mean, Ho-Oh has fantastic special defense, and he can't tank pretty much any shot and KO with Punishment.

(It's got a really bad Stealth Rock weakness and Entry hazards are growing...)
Rapid Spin? Or it depends on the lead you're facing, I'm guessing. If only we had a scrappy Rapid Spinner... that would be nice. Ho-Oh has to be careful though, as Pressure wears down Punishment rather quickly. Brave Bird can hurt Mewtwo quite badly, I'm guessing.

You realize _clinton is all like 'Dex Dex Dex' right?

_clinton

Smash Master
Titles mean squat. Ness is some average kid but is incredibly strong.
Titles do mean something, but only if there is data backing it, which in M2’s case there is.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/file/367023/48982
Diary 1 : July 5
Guyana, South America

A new POKEMON was discovered deep in the jungle.

Diary 2 : July 10

We christened the newly discovered POKEMON, MEW.

Diary : Feb. 6

MEW gave birth. We named the newborn MEWTWO.

Diary : Sept. 1

MEWTO is far too powerful. We have failed to curb its vicious
tendencies...
They were unable to control it because of how powerful it was. Yet the trainers in that game are pretty much in control over things like T-Tar/Gara (who makes mountains its nest/has in game proof that it destroys cities).

Mewtwo isn't even the fastest pokemon in the game. He's tied with Jolteon, (a non legendary!)

Base 130=not that fast.
and is SLOWER than Electrode.
Yeah, the base speed stats (and stats for that matter really) mean jack **** and I can name a few examples right now as to why they are bad. For starters Pidgeot is flying at mach 2, Garchomp is moving at jet speeds beyond the speed of sound, and so on according to their dex entries. Yet their speed stats are 91, and 102 respectfully.

Sonic however is generally always the fastest character in his games.
Things like Sonic Battle disagree with you

Mewtwo is outsped by Sonic who uses Super Sonic and simply destroys him. Taunt/Embargo/W/E bs they use will not work once he is super.
Yeah but before he goes super M2 can stop him, and I don’t know why you think the chaos emeralds are good to keep around psychics who have been shown in the Sonic canon to be able to use them.

Even outside of Super Sonic, Sonic has a crap load of abilities, including chaoes control, Sonic tornado and other crap.
Mewtwo if the total moveset it has is right is able to control the weather.

You realize _clinton is all like 'Dex Dex Dex' right?
You realize based off what I see is that you seem to be ok with things like a field mouse having control over the weather and things like 'magikarp sweep/FEAR' being possible by comparison? At the least I'm willing to make exceptions for why the pokedex can have some bad info.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I think _clinton's got the right idea. Some moves that have Dex descriptions should be allowed, as they legitimately outline the aspects of some vague moves, while others should be discarded. it should be up to our discretion to not be pricks about it

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I think _clinton's got the right idea. Some moves that have Dex descriptions should be allowed, as they legitimately outline the aspects of some vague moves, while others should be discarded. it should be up to our discretion to not be pricks about it
We don't actually have a problem with the Pokemon moves (such as Growl), but the Dex entries themselves are sometimes... rather contradictory and paradoxical. Although upon reflection, getting rid of all Dex entries just because a quarter of them don't make sense is kind of overdoing it. Are you suggesting that whenever we give Pokemon to the Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo, we should look at their Dex entries, and if those entries are plausible, not just totally ban it?

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
LOL what a useless and situational moveset. If you TR, Sonic still moves and he can use super sonic due to his higher speed. If you embargo... guess what he STILL MOVES FIRST.
You can't COMBINE the effects. GOD.
In MD it is possible to link the attacks. Mew2 uses one attack and immediately attacks with another. That means he can use 2 attacks in a row. So you can combine the effects.

Of course he has to approach first which can be quit difficult.

One of the reasons why I'm leaning towards a tie.

This is why I don't generally like PMD, it clashes with pokemon mechanics ESPECIALLY considering how some moves/abilities work.
Look, I mainly talk about Mystery Dungeon but you refuse to accept it as canon. We cannot arugue if we disagree at this part.

That is another reason why I hate the freak. That and he pisses me of in competitive pokemon play (Uber tiers)

Stupid Calm mind sweep. >_<
Rayquaza with Swordsdance+Extremespeed+Outrage+Eartquake equipped with Focus Sash is more annoying. That's my opinion anyway.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
We don't actually have a problem with the Pokemon moves (such as Growl), but the Dex entries themselves are sometimes... rather contradictory and paradoxical. Although upon reflection, getting rid of all Dex entries just because a quarter of them don't make sense is kind of overdoing it. Are you suggesting that whenever we give Pokemon to the Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo, we should look at their Dex entries, and if those entries are plausible, not just totally ban it?

Exactly what I am proposing. Many moves could use elaboration and be used, and if they are not (decided by vote if there is a discrpency) then they will be voided as they are now.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Exactly what I am proposing. Many moves could use elaboration and be used, and if they are not (decided by vote if there is a discrpency) then they will be voided as they are now.
All right then. That seems feasible. Should we do the same for the Pokedex? Not all entries are ridiculous to the point of banhammering.

the king of murder said:
Rayquaza with Swordsdance+Extremespeed+Outrage+Eartquake equipped with Focus Sash is more annoying. That's my opinion anyway.
I'll continue this for the lulz. Why is this so good if there are so many priority users with higher Speed? Or rather, what about Scizor?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
All right then. That seems feasible. Should we do the same for the Pokedex? Not all entries are ridiculous to the point of banhammering.
I think so, the pokedex gives up insight to certain pokemon's attributes that cannot be attained through the gameplay of a turn-based game like pokemon.

This has my vote. Both for moves and the standard pokedex.

Top Bottom