• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

_clinton

Smash Master
Wario too.
No one seemed to know anything about Wario before I entered this topic it seems, all they thought he had was super strength. They didn't know about the speed being fast enough to cross water "like Sonic," the regeneration to the point where he body will rebuild itself from being destroyed/and gives him a weapon in a way with certain other things, and in general is able to use the same items that Mario can + his own stuff.

Samus, due to her broken (ie lame and cheesy) speed booster invincibility,
Am I the only one who sees the BS in the explanation on how it works for the so called speed booster "invulnerability?"

I mean really the only thing the “for” side of this debate has is one word from a badly written old SNES booklet that isn’t found an any other official source for the game. It also isn’t repeated on the Wii version of the game, it isn’t supported by the game’s gameplay, and it’s never said again in any of the newer source material.

This can be applied to ANY character. She can camp Mario, Ganondorf, Link (the coveted mewtwo) and many many more.
Yeah I brought that up and how stupid it was to assume she blocks everything by using Samus. People didn't get it on how it was stupid.

I also brought up how it also doesn’t protect from everything in the game play as well. They didn’t care.

but she CAN be affect by paralysis since no such status affliction exists in SMRPG.
I always thought something like the “scarecrow” status would work like that. Sense they both do the same things, and that is transform you into something that can only use “specials” (although in SMRPGs case they added the B command as well, due to what it does for that game).

I was GOING to search up an item that Ness can use for the sleep spell but Ness can just psi shield to block it.
Anything past the pixie bracelet protects from sleep, Ness could just use his goddess band to avoid the thing and an extra amount of defense as well (or you could just also point out that the "luck" stat does provide protection from it if you are lazy like me).

Edit 4: Peach is the godliest character in her respective game imo.
Mario is better IMO out of them, by far actually. Bowser was just given a bum rap with ****y growth rates, and bad armor (is best armor IMO is the work pants, Heal Shell can suck it). Said stuff was to make up for his very high stats in general at the start of the game, but it’s bad to the point where the others can catch up to him and pass him (especially Peach, who has the best growth rates by far). Still Bowser has one good magic move at least, and his stats are good enough to the point where it takes past Nimbus Land to start to show his issues.

Well Yuna's blessing gives the same as Ashera's which makes only blessed weapons (and magic, and laguz, i beleive, take that as you will). So with Yuna's blessing's weapons cannot harm Ike. Of course...how does Fox's blaster play into this equation?
Of course Yuna’s blessing is the same as Ashera’s, they are the same person just split. Yuna is the chaos side, and Ashera is the “mad” order side of the piece.

Anyway, Fox has enough firepower to turn areas that Ike fights on in his game into a wasteland with very little effort. Things like the Arwing itself in is pretty much saying **** you gravity based off how it is make, as in it is saying **** you to the rules of his world that are put into place somehow for said canon. (Stuff like the G Diffuser is what I’m talking about in case you don’t get it)

So this means that the series has shown proof that technology has advanced to the point where the people can really say “**** you god and your rules” pretty much (I mean they also fly too other planets in the game in a short period of time as well).

Which makes sense because it is sci-fi, I mean all of the series so far in this thread have pretty much said said “**** you god and your rules” if they are in a fictional sci-fi setting.

I mean the Chozo have created life and made the universe their play thing before “ascending themselves to a higher place, what does that say in regards to some “god?” I mean the Mother series has pretty much had the main characters “taking over the role itself” in case you have missed that part. Falcon beat a god/gods in a bid to control him canon wise. Bowser has ****ed his world’s gods and only Mario could save them.

And considering how Fox has killed a god as well canon wise using his arwing and some help from Falco (said god was “new” and was mortal once if that counts for anything), what does that say about Ike, who is only the mere pawn on the playing field of his god like Ganon is pretty much?

Also here is a question for you if some character from another fiction has enough power to kill Ike’s god but clearly didn’t have her blessing because they are foes, would that really matter if they wanted to fight Ike anyway people?

Fox also has a “phazon” based type of monster killed under his belt with things like the Aparoids.

_clinton

Smash Master

PowerBomb

Smash Master

_clinton

Smash Master
He wasn't reborn as the Krazoa God, he was impersonating him.
Ah no, ever watch that scene in the game where he becomes the god? Or watch how he gathered the spirits in the 1st place? The Krazoa God is the form of the all of the Krazoa Spirits which is what Fox was gathering throughout the game. Andross at the time was a ****ed up spirit, that is what allowed him to fuse with the things.

Samochan

Smash Master
The fact that he used some spirit powers matters little, when he was basically the same andross we know and love (?). He just used those powers to become material again and didn't exhibit any god powers- Besides the krazoa spirits do not seem like a big deal and barely have powers of their own.

Becoming krazoa god or impersonating as him didn't give Andross any goodies besides becoming material. Fox still owns him the same way as every other time before that and he was neither lots and lots of more durable or enhanced in any way, especially if he's supposedly absorbed enough spirits and become a god himself. I can only laugh at that supposed god then and "supposed powers".

_clinton

Smash Master
Besides the krazoa spirits do not seem like a big deal and barely have powers of their own.
The Krazoa spirits are responsible for Sauria being in one piece and for life on that planet in the 1st place. They certainly have impressive powers when put together, and Andross absorbs them. Hell the fact that they revived him is proof of said control they have over life.

Becoming krazoa god or impersonating as him didn't give Andross any goodies besides becoming material.
Fox was going to lose before Falco showed up actually to give bombs as the game clearly shows, in fact the difference between the 64 version and the SFA version is that Fox needed bombs to kill Andross. He wasn't open to attack until the bombs made him opened to them (and only for a small amount of time).

Oh and said SFA form also has more attacks as well.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I say Ike, but only if his blessing can allow him to survive the arwing blasts...
on the ground I'd give it to Ike, they both have range. Fox has more speed (probably) but Ike has stronger defenses (Yuna).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh yeah the Arwing, kinda forgot about that. :p I assumed Fox would go with the Landmaster again.

So, can Fox kill Ike? Cause I doubt Ike will be hitting Fox if he's in the Arwing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
And that's where the impass is. If the Arwing can kill Ike Fox wins, if it can't I guess Ike technically could eventually win when the arwing has to refuel...assumign Ike can ever hit Fox...he is pretty agile.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I guess we can move on.

Current Match-Up:
THE KOOPA Vs. THE CHIMP

Bowser Vs. Diddy

:bowser2: Vs. :diddy:

Round 6, Match 5.

Vs.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Did we go with tie...or what?

Anyway, Bowser has that Wishing power right? i think that basically gives him the win >.>

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Is Mega Bowser allowed, or does that count as assist since Magic Koopa makes him Super Size? ♥

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser's power disapointed me a little in Bowser's Inside Story. Eventually he barely becomes stronger than Mario. And he can't really become gaint on his own will. Also, why does the fire breath suck so much in actual battles, but is a almost OHKO on Mario and Luigi when fighting Bowser himself?

But yeah, Bowser would win this.

_clinton

Smash Master
So I noticed Ike won somehow.

I say Ike, but only if his blessing can allow him to survive the arwing blasts...
on the ground I'd give it to Ike, they both have range. Fox has more speed (probably) but Ike has stronger defenses (Yuna).
Can people actually link proof as to what Yuna's blessing protects Ike from? Because from my understanding it isn’t that special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKzGccTUJI&playnext_from=TL&videos=BBnmQGqKdTY

She says that at 1:15 she needs help to stop her other half (because she couldn’t just do it herself I guess), 3:45 is when the promotion (as in blessing) starts, the blessing comes with “better armor” and a “bulkier Ike” in by comparison to what he had with his hero class, there is nothing about Ike being invulnerable to everything except for one thing. Yune at 4:42 pretty much says it best “wow, you’re very confident for a being that can die!”

The next time Yune blesses the team with a different blessing, which is what the "goddess' blessing" really is according to her in these videos, this is what happens:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrGbIzHBJ2Y&playnext_from=TL&videos=IA4Yw9QdL3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjDKQ-iZfk&feature=related

She only blesses their “weapons” and such as those videos show if you watch on more.

Really the goddess’ blessing has only made things like weapons and armor “indestructible,” not the characters themselves for the most part it seems, but hey checks out this skill as well which seems to be a completely different blessing it seems:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Mantle

Show me Ike having the “other side” of that please like so many of you are saying he has.

Of course the blessing isn't perfect as well, I mean the Black Knight LOST his blessing on his armor sometime after he was buried in that castle in Ike's 1st game canon wise at some point, thus showing that the blessing does have a limit.

Also, I'm pretty sure the fact that he still beating Sonic is just silly. Especially when things like Yuna are a god of chaos and guess what the chaos emeralds do in the 1st place (Control over “chaos” and such seems to be it from what I see)? Of course I also want to know why Ike could even react to Sonic as well even w/o his super form, what with the whole speed of sound + movement speed and such normally and how Ike doesn’t have any canon info of handling something moving at supersonic speeds but that is another subject.

Oh yeah the Arwing, kinda forgot about that. :p I assumed Fox would go with the Landmaster again.

So, can Fox kill Ike? Cause I doubt Ike will be hitting Fox if he's in the Arwing.
Why wouldn’t Fox be able to kill Ike? He ****ing took down a foe that absorbed the basic idea of “order” canon wise.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
My computer is slow right now so I'll look for proof later.

If I cannot find it, as I am basing this off of what I remember (as someone who played the game). If her has the belssing the way I think it works, it fall along the same lines as Gaon's in only certain weapons can harm it...and regardless of what Fox did to Andross, there is no way to compare Andross the Goddess who created the world.

I'm just wonderign what separates the current theoretical blessing of Yuna from Ganon's super invulnerability (And I don't mean this dickishly, I'm actually curious)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I thought wishing was banned because it wasn't fun or interesting to debate with a character that can just say 'I wish I win'?

payasofobia

Smash Champion

"You sure feel confident for a being that can die!"

Inmortality =! invulnerability. Ike can still be killed if the opponent has a weapon blessed by the goddess and bypasses his blessing. Doesn't mean that normal weapons will harm him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjDKQ-iZfk&feature=related

Start of the video you posted. The Laguz wear absolutely no armour, and yet, the blessing works on their bodies just as they work on armour.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/boss_stat_n.htm

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Black_knight

Look at the Black Knight's set of skills in Path of Radiance. It says nothing about having the skill "mantle". And yet, it is completely impossible to harm him with any weapon that is not Ragnell. Not having a convenient sign that tells us that he is blessed does not mean that he does not have that skill.

Also, he lost his blessing not because the castle's destruction nullified it or something. The japanese version of the game explained the lost of his blessing by telling us that his warp powder malfunctioned, warping his armour and soul only, his body left behind. Then the castle fell on top of his armour and it was lost forever. The armour he has in RD is a brand new armour with no blessing.

Also, one last detail: his and Ashnard's armours were pre-blessed by the goddess a long time before they got a hold of them, just like how Ragnell and Alondite were blessed long before the start of PoR. Their bodies were still vulnerable to attacks.

Also, are you people taking Ike's skill "nihil" into consideration in these fights? You know, the skill he gets after promoting to a vanguard that nullifies all special abilities the opponent has, making them only capable of using their most basic attacks? Basicaly, if they get said skill as a power-up and is not part of their initial skills, they can't use it.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well there we go, I suppose i don't need to find proof, thanks payasofobia

Also, small detail. Nihil doesn't come with being a vanguard, you must add it on after taking it from a scroll (in PoR) and/or from another character. Though Nihil would ne tricky to judge in this case, as it specfically negates opponent's "skills" and it's difficult to judge what a skill would be considered in this.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=932999&topic=46108716

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/fireemblem/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-45190387&pid=932999

Actually, he does gain Nihil naturaly once he becomes a Vanguard, it's just that it takes up skill space to have it. That's why people usually think that it doesn't count as a natural skill.

That said, I do admit that it really would make it difficult to judge which attacks count as innate skills and which don't.

But I believe we could count the advanced techniques, upgraded attacks and power ups as the ones nullified by nihil.

So, for example:

Link would not be able to use any of his sword skills or any of his item abilities that are considered advanced moves. Mario wouldn't have access to any of his power ups. Ness loses the ability to use PK powers at their most advanced levels and gets stuck with the basic attacks, Samus would not be able to do walljumping, shinesparking, crystal shine and all those advanced techniques etc etc etc.

REL38

Smash Lord
I thought wishing was banned because it wasn't fun or interesting to debate with a character that can just say 'I wish I win'?
I think Raizen just said "Wishing to win" was banned or anything similar to it

Restrictions
Wishing to win (while wishing is allowed, wishing to win is simply banned).
So Bowser could just wish to be extremely huge or have massive range or something crazy like that

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=932999&topic=46108716

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/fireemblem/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-45190387&pid=932999

Actually, he does gain Nihil naturaly once he becomes a Vanguard, it's just that it takes up skill space to have it. That's why people usually think that it doesn't count as a natural skill.

That said, I do admit that it really would make it difficult to judge which attacks count as innate skills and which don't.

But I believe we could count the advanced techniques, upgraded attacks and power ups as the ones nullified by nihil.

So, for example:

Link would not be able to use any of his sword skills or any of his item abilities that are considered advanced moves. Mario wouldn't have access to any of his power ups. Ness loses the ability to use PK powers at their most advanced levels and gets stuck with the basic attacks, Samus would not be able to do walljumping, shinesparking, crystal shine and all those advanced techniques etc etc etc.
Ah I suppose you were right, I was thinking of the other character I had o giver Nihil to, to make the last level bearable. Worst final level in all of Fire Emblem.

Anyway. I think the Nihil effect would be good, but I think it'll be hard to get some peopl ehere to agree with it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

So, for example:

I don't believe that. Ness would be able to use PK, as it's not much different from the magic attacks from Fire Emblem. Nihil doesn't stop magic, or limits you to only one weapon (say, a Hero would still be able to use Axes and Swords)

Link using his TP sword techniques also cannot be stopped I think. A Mortal Draw for example works pretty much the same as a critical hit from Fire Emblem. 3 x damage or some...

Nihil would maybe stop some Pokemon abilities, or Samus being able to scan Ike but I don't think it'll be blocking attacks.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I think Raizen just said "Wishing to win" was banned or anything similar to it

So Bowser could just wish to be extremely huge or have massive range or something crazy like that
Gotcha, thanks.

So Bowser probably can win this...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I don't believe that. Ness would be able to use PK, as it's not much different from the magic attacks from Fire Emblem. Nihil doesn't stop magic, or limits you to only one weapon (say, a Hero would still be able to use Axes and Swords)
But then again, Magic in the Fire Emblem games functions exactly like weapons or objects. Mages use magic by reading it from a spellbook, not by channeling their life force or concentrating on theirattacks. Magic spells in FE are nothing more than weapons, unlike Earthbound were they are skills gained through training or learning them from someone else.

Link using his TP sword techniques also cannot be stopped I think. A Mortal Draw for example works pretty much the same as a critical hit from Fire Emblem. 3 x damage or some...

Nihil would maybe stop some Pokemon abilities, or Samus being able to scan Ike but I don't think it'll be blocking attacks.
I beleive the mortal draw works more along the lines of "attack that kills the opponent in one hit if you time it well". And besides, critical hits are innate attacks for the FE characters that they have access to from the begining of the game. Link's sword skills work just like skill scrolls or something along those lines.

Extra abilities that Link learns from an external source and wouldn't be able to use it otherwise unless someone teaches those to him.

So I believe the attacks negated by nihil would be ones that work like skill scrolls: attacks and abilities learnt by unnatural means, get from an item or one that the character must be taught by another person to use.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Yeah, wishing is restricted.

Anyways here the next MU.

We know that Metaknight is better than Snake in brawl. But who's the better of the two CANON wise?

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE MASKED STRANGER Vs. THE GEARED SOLIDER

Metaknight Vs. Snake

:metaknight: vs. :snake:

Round 6, Match 6

Overall Results

Wins +6:

:ganondorf:, :samus2:

Wins +5:

:ike:

Wins +4:

Wins +3:

:ness2:, :fox:, :bowser2:

Wins +2:

:sonic:, :peach:, :luigi2:, :wolf:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:

Wins +1:

:mewtwo:, :lucas:, :snake:, :metaknight:, :pt:, :mario2:

Neutral:

:lucario:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :diddy:

Loss -1:

:wario:, :dk2:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :roymelee:, :link2:, :falco:

Loss -2:

:marth:, :zerosuitsamus:, :jigglypuff:, :falcon:

Loss -3:

:zelda:, :dedede:

Loss -4:

:gw:, :yoshi2:

Loss -5:

:olimar:

Loss -6:

:rob:, :popo:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Metaknight fought the strongest warrior in the universe and won. Metaknight can summon Galaxia's Darkness as shown in The Amazing Mirror and wipe out Snake before he realizes what hit him. Lastly, Metaknight has no neck for Snake to break.

Metaknight wins.

That is, if Snake coould even hope to infiltrate the Halberd. And if we begin the match with the Halberd already flying, then it is impossible for Snake to get inside.

_clinton

Smash Master
If I cannot find it, as I am basing this off of what I remember (as someone who played the game). If her has the belssing the way I think it works, it fall along the same lines as Gaon's in only certain weapons can harm it...and regardless of what Fox did to Andross, there is no way to compare Andross the Goddess who created the world.
So did you miss the part where I pointed out that the gods (yes they are that) that Andross took over were beings that were responsible for making a world and all that life on it I see. How do you think that is a lesser accomplishment than what Ike’s “goddess” has done canon wise?

Really you guys are underestimating Andross, he canon wise has done what Bowser has done to various gods (as in Paper Mario for the 64) from his series people, as in take control over them in some way!

I'm just wonderign what separates the current theoretical blessing of Yuna from Ganon's super invulnerability (And I don't mean this dickishly, I'm actually curious)
Ganon’s might as well be class as “holy” only hurts him because canon wise that series has definitions of what “holy” is and isn’t, and said definitions come from his gods and the stuff they’ve made; how about that?

For something like Ike, because canon wise there is no “evil” in the series it might as well be taken for what it is saying, someone with “god” powers should hurt him.

Oh and I hardly think that only “certain weapons with whatever” hurt them like you guys are saying, I mean are you really going to try and say that the very gods who made the triforce would need something like the “master sword” to beat Ganondorf?

Inmortality =! invulnerability. Ike can still be killed if the opponent has a weapon blessed by the goddess and bypasses his blessing. Doesn't mean that normal weapons will harm him.
The game’s script clearly makes a difference between the blessings that Yune gives Ike and the blessings that Yune gives the armor. The blessing that is mantle only starts to show up on the “3rd trial” of that final level in the game for a few foes only (oh and I’m aware that it is in one chapter of the 1st game or so), so how come those foes beforehand that don’t have a blessing can still hurt Ike? Hell just making Ike stronger/ect. drained Yune according to the story for that game for the rest of that chapter, what does that say about the other one as well who appears to be equal but opposite?

(In case you don’t get it, the gods clearly have limits of what they can do for their canon at one time, so I’m pretty sure their blessing has a limit of what it can take as well)

Start of the video you posted. The Laguz wear absolutely no armour, and yet, the blessing works on their bodies just as they work on armour.
Fine, I’m wrong about the blessing being “weapon and armor” only (unless you account by what the laguz are somewhat canon wise and how things like the dragons already have “natural” armor pretty much according to the games, then it still makes some sense).

It still is pointed out clearly if they have something like that somehow ON THEM and “not just the armor.” Sephiran like I said has clear proof that he has it naturally to a point, where is Ike’s proof? There still is nothing like that being said for Ike (which is my point you know). Nothing about a special skill, nothing about saying something such as: “only this hurts him.”

Of course the funny thing about mantle and proves my point about “limit” is that the skill actually according to the game mechs. just divides the attack power of the character by 9 and then subtracts from that power again their defense/resistance.

Also, he lost his blessing not because the castle's destruction nullified it or something. The japanese version of the game explained the lost of his blessing by telling us that his warp powder malfunctioned, warping his armour and soul only, his body left behind. Then the castle fell on top of his armour and it was lost forever. The armour he has in RD is a brand new armour with no blessing.
I want to know why the armor would be “lost forever” just because it is a under some castle remains, the thing canon wise should still be the same even under all of that stuff if the armor/blessing is really what it says it is canon wise. I mean what would be so hard about “recovering” it? Because canon wise people did search the castle for the BK according to the game as well.

Of course the fact that the guy had to teleport out proves my point that he knew the armor would have limits as well, how about that? (Because I’m sure a building falling chances are would hurt more than some guy cutting you).

Also, are you people taking Ike's skill "nihil" into consideration in these fights? You know, the skill he gets after promoting to a vanguard that nullifies all special abilities the opponent has, making them only capable of using their most basic attacks? Basicaly, if they get said skill as a power-up and is not part of their initial skills, they can't use it.
So, quick question, how are you going to take something like nihil into consideration in these fights when none of these characters have the same stuff that Ike has? None of the other games are like Ike’s game for this you know, even Marth and Roy’s don’t have this system (and things like Magic/other clearly aren’t a part of it from looking at the canon).

Cause the only thing I see like that would be certain “items” being use for certain characters that would count as a “power ups.”
However, I certainly don’t see “special items” being void in Ike’s games I don’t see nihil cancelling certain items that add “defense boosts” of some sort like the Beorcguard or “offense boosts” like the Laguz Gem item. So if your idea of this was to say something like nihil will stop Sonic from using something like Super Sonic I disagree with you.

Oh and I still want to know how a chaos/order god blessing is so immune to things that would naturally just be doing the same things they are like chaos control but only in a different name! (Psychic powers for one thing are very much like what they have as well, and I really don’t see how other gods packing other god powers like them couldn’t officially hurt them if they were to meet as well)

lol
So how come Ike can still use his “sword beam” when fighting other foes who have nihil huh?

All of Ness’/Lucas’/M2’s/ect. PK comes naturally to them because it is pretty much just them thinking, Link’s is trained with a sword and things like magic aren’t turned off in the 1st place, Samus uses wall jumping and such as a natural skill that comes with her training as well (god why don’t you just say nihil would remove Samus’ suit and see how fast people would disagree with you besides me).

I’ve already pointed out earlier in this post about “power up items” and how they are around no matter what.

Yes, because he has to wish to have that.

But then again, Magic in the Fire Emblem games functions exactly like weapons or objects. Mages use magic by reading it from a spellbook, not by channeling their life force or concentrating on theirattacks. Magic spells in FE are nothing more than weapons, unlike Earthbound were they are skills gained through training or learning them from someone else.
Ah no, FE does not just have magic function from something like a “spellbook.” Ike’s battle technician Soren and his natural talent that is a part of his canon doesn’t agree with that idea 100% (along with Roy’s canon with characters like Erk backing it up from Eliwood’s game and I don’t know enough about Marth’s canon but I’m sure it is the same).

The “weapon part” of it where it breaks is just game play mechs. meant for something like PP/MP and such for some reason.

Nihil is hard to talk about, but I’ll agree with the idea that it would block off certain pokemon skills because something like that is in the pokemon canon with skills like Mold Breaker and air lock/cloud nine.

On another note, Kirby and MK I feel are underestimated because of their size pretty much. MK just has sonic speed sword play (so he could react to someone like Sonic), and Kirby is very well shown to be better with a sword than MK is (so again **** stone).

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Jesus christ, dude. That sure is difficult to read.

I'll respond, but it's going to take me a while. A really long while and some squinting.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So did you miss the part where I pointed out that the gods (yes they are that) that Andross took over were beings that were responsible for making a world and all that life on it I see. How do you think that is a lesser accomplishment than what Ike’s “goddess” has done canon wise?

Really you guys are underestimating Andross, he canon wise has done what Bowser has done to various gods (as in Paper Mario for the 64) from his series people, as in take control over them in some way!
But then again, are you really sure that the Krazoa spirits are as strong as Ashera? Are you trully sure that they even created the world and those aren't just rumours made by one of the most technologicaly ******** races in the whole star fox universe?

Now, hypotheticaly speaking, shock and awe, these beings can create planets. Does that mean that they have great strength and power potential?

A skilled enough racing car enthusiast can make amazingly fast and effective cars like noone else can. Does that mean that said man can beat another car enthuasiast who somehow also is a proffesional boxer?

From what I have seen in the games, the Krazoa spirits can be taken out of their environment, defeated, controlled and used for evil purposes without much issues. The scales' army, an entire army consisting of a bunch of barbaric idiots that wield nothing but maces and swords, know nothing about technology and can't even speak properly, managed to defeat said gods easily and send the entire planet in disarray.

On the other hand, ONE HALF of a god managed to bring two different armies full of powerfull mages, soldiers and beasts of legend to their knees with a single movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ObHmUWR_lk

And then you realize that, according to this video, she could have destroyed THE ENTIRE WORLD IF SHE WASN'T BOUND BY A MEASLY RULE.

Comparing the Krazoa spirits to Ashera is like comparing a Toyota with a Ferrari. The Krazoa spirits are pathetic.

Ganon’s might as well be class as “holy” only hurts him because canon wise that series has definitions of what “holy” is and isn’t, and said definitions come from his gods and the stuff they’ve made; how about that?

For something like Ike, because canon wise there is no “evil” in the series it might as well be taken for what it is saying, someone with “god” powers should hurt him.

Oh and I hardly think that only “certain weapons with whatever” hurt them like you guys are saying, I mean are you really going to try and say that the very gods who made the triforce would need something like the “master sword” to beat Ganondorf?
Yup, Someone with god powers or weapons blessed by a powerfull god could harm him. Sadly, no weapons or characters in smash reach that level of power. Even the master sword and the sword of sages that Ganondorf wields were created by the sages which can be killed fairly easily as the TP and OoT has shown us.

The only weapons that come close to that are the sacred arrows Pit has.

The game’s script clearly makes a difference between the blessings that Yune gives Ike and the blessings that Yune gives the armor. The blessing that is mantle only starts to show up on the “3rd trial” of that final level in the game for a few foes only (oh and I’m aware that it is in one chapter of the 1st game or so), so how come those foes beforehand that don’t have a blessing can still hurt Ike? Hell just making Ike stronger/ect. drained Yune according to the story for that game for the rest of that chapter, what does that say about the other one as well who appears to be equal but opposite?

(In case you don’t get it, the gods clearly have limits of what they can do for their canon at one time, so I’m pretty sure their blessing has a limit of what it can take as well)
Saw your video:

Doesn't say anything about making her weaker. She just went on to talk with Sothe about his team and all that shiznit.

And, like I said earlier: mantle is just a skill. As shown in Path of Radiance, the Black Knight is invincible no matter if he has the skill mantle or not, and can only be defeated by Ragnell.

Besides, Mantle has a lo more effects than just making enemies invulnerable to normal weapons. Also, Mantle does not affect attacking abilities, so having mantle doesn't mean that your attacks are blessed.

Fine, I’m wrong about the blessing being “weapon and armor” only (unless you account by what the laguz are somewhat canon wise and how things like the dragons already have “natural” armor pretty much according to the games, then it still makes some sense).

It still is pointed out clearly if they have something like that somehow ON THEM and “not just the armor.” Sephiran like I said has clear proof that he has it naturally to a point, where is Ike’s proof? There still is nothing like that being said for Ike (which is my point you know). Nothing about a special skill, nothing about saying something such as: “only this hurts him.”

Of course the funny thing about mantle and proves my point about “limit” is that the skill actually according to the game mechs. just divides the attack power of the character by 9 and then subtracts from that power again their defense/resistance.
And guess what our skin, fur and ribcage are? Natural armour that protects us from our environment.

Second, simple. Laguz only have their skin and fur as protection, no armour at all. Yet, their bodies are blessed just fine just like armour and weapons.

Do they get the "mantle" skill once yune blesses them as physical proof? No they, don't. Why don't they get it? Because it would make the player units broken.

Why? Because the mantle skill still mostly remains as a way to make bosses more difficult in the game. If you go on giving everyone the mantle skill then the game would be incredibly easy, and then giving all of the enmies that skill too would make that skill pointless to have.

In short: they do have the skill canonicaly, yet they don't have it gameplay-wise because that would make the game way to easy to finish.

And speaking of gameplay mechanics: the whole attacks divided by nine thing is nothing more than a gameplay mechanic. And even then, that thing technicaly makes all attacks do zero damage against the opponent. No character is tstrong enough to bypass that limit. It would have to be a character with 100 strenght to bypass it, which is impossible unless you hack.

I want to know why the armor would be “lost forever” just because it is a under some castle remains, the thing canon wise should still be the same even under all of that stuff if the armor/blessing is really what it says it is canon wise. I mean what would be so hard about “recovering” it? Because canon wise people did search the castle for the BK according to the game as well.

Of course the fact that the guy had to teleport out proves my point that he knew the armor would have limits as well, how about that? (Because I’m sure a building falling chances are would hurt more than some guy cutting you).

Because Zelgius is a very busy man from the very busy empire of Begnion and he just couldn't go there to recover it himself without a way to make himself recognizable to the people of Daein or raising suspicions with the people of Begnion.

Not to mention that Begnion's occupation of Daein meant that all of the spoils of war were recovered by Begnion. Indeed, the ones that searched said castle to find said black knight were the soldiers from begnion.

And you disregarded what I said about his body staying behind. Only his SOUL and his ARMOUR were teleported to the castle, and upon his defeat only his SOUL returned. His armour was trapped there forever. And becaus eof the above reasons, he couldn't just recover it.

Oh and I still want to know how a chaos/order god blessing is so immune to things that would naturally just be doing the same things they are like chaos control but only in a different name! (Psychic powers for one thing are very much like what they have as well, and I really don’t see how other gods packing other god powers like them couldn’t officially hurt them if they were to meet as well)
Because they are similar in name only. Their abilities are completely different.

Ask yourself this: there are 10 cows and 2 horses in a farm. If we call the cows "horses", then how many horses are there?

If you said "2 horses" then you should understand.

They are both enbodiments of chaos in their own canon, but, do they really have the same abilities?

Same issue as the Krazoa. Both are gods that created their worlds, but that doesn't mean that they are equaly strong or have the same damage potential.

The chaos emeralds may represent chaos in sonic's world, but they are not the separated forms of a god, they did not create the world, they do not have the power to wipe out the world in an instant, their blessing is limited and only works for 50 seconds. Their blessing is gold instead of blue etc etc etc.

lol
So how come Ike can still use his “sword beam” when fighting other foes who have nihil huh?

All of Ness’/Lucas’/M2’s/ect. PK comes naturally to them because it is pretty much just them thinking, Link’s is trained with a sword and things like magic aren’t turned off in the 1st place, Samus uses wall jumping and such as a natural skill that comes with her training as well (god why don’t you just say nihil would remove Samus’ suit and see how fast people would disagree with you besides me).

I’ve already pointed out earlier in this post about “power up items” and how they are around no matter what.
Ike's sword beam comes with the weapon. It is not a skill that Ike learned to use or something.

And all of the mastery skills from fire emblem come naturaly because it's mostly just the character doing acrobatics or delivering a specialy powerfull attack. Link is trained with the sword but many times he requires to learn new skills that will let him use attacks other than slashing and jumping. TP, WW and MC come to mind.

I agree with the walljump.

Anyway, I agree with everything you said on the previous post about nihil, so I say that a better definiton for nihil: Nihil would negate skills that were learned by said characters, and mostly consist of using their basic attacks in special combinations that deal more damage.

Ah no, FE does not just have magic function from something like a “spellbook.” Ike’s battle technician Soren and his natural talent that is a part of his canon doesn’t agree with that idea 100% (along with Roy’s canon with characters like Erk backing it up from Eliwood’s game and I don’t know enough about Marth’s canon but I’m sure it is the same).

The “weapon part” of it where it breaks is just game play mechs. meant for something like PP/MP and such for some reason.
No, it doesn't. If you got the secret ening between Ike and Soren, you should know that it is not a natural talent. Supposedly, only spirit charmers could use magic in FE, but guess what? Soren is no spirit charmer. He is a Branded, and yet, he can use use a forbidden ability when he shouldn't. What does this possibly mean? That all that charmer shiznit is nothing more than legends made up by the people in Tellius, just like how they made up that Yune was the devil itself.

And about the magic being used only by those with natural talent, look at this:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe8/support/034.html

Look at the last support. A guy who shouldn't be able to use magic could at least create flames to vurn his comrade's beard. You could argue that it happened because they have no special talent, but then read the above support. They also screw up pretty badly in archery. Which makes me think that using magic in FE is not unlike learning how to use the bow or learning swordplay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Ridiance many times and never did I get the feeling that during the first Black Knight fight in PoR that you only fought his soul and armour. That is ****ing bull **** dude... There's no claim in game of that whatsoever!

The Black Knight even said in Radiant Dawn in the chapter you fight Micaiah's army that he lost his blessing of his armour. Thus, it's still the same armour. At least, that seems logical. Not about this soul transporting stuff... <_<; Cause he also said that the first time he fought Ike, he held back, therefore lost.

He just used his transport powder to get out of the castle probably. It drains strenght, so that's why he was absent for so long.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I believe Fobia mentioned it in an earlier post, the soul transportation stuff comes from the Japanese translation, which is still canon (probably moreso)...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike fights for his friends. He's English here.

MetaKnight wins this I think.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Honestly, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Ridiance many times and never did I get the feeling that during the first Black Knight fight in PoR that you only fought his soul and armour. That is ****ing bull **** dude... There's no claim in game of that whatsoever!

The Black Knight even said in Radiant Dawn in the chapter you fight Micaiah's army that he lost his blessing of his armour. Thus, it's still the same armour. At least, that seems logical. Not about this soul transporting stuff... <_<; Cause he also said that the first time he fought Ike, he held back, therefore lost.

He just used his transport powder to get out of the castle probably. It drains strenght, so that's why he was absent for so long.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Woolseyism/VideoGames

Press Control and F at the same time, then type fire emblem on the small window that appears.

To quote:

In Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn's the Black Knight's survival replaces a Phlebotinum Breakdown Hand Wave with Ike being allowed to win for reasons that mesh well with the existing story. In the original, the Black Knight's warp powder malfunctions, teleporting only his spirit and leaving his body behind, meaning he was weakened in his fight with Ike, and he regains his true power when his spirit returns after the defeat. In the English version, during the climactic battle, Ike reveals that his father's sword arm was crippled years before (this detail always existed), a fact that the Black Knight didn't know. Since the Black Knight's true goal was to surpass his teacher (Ike's father, Greil), this revelation makes the Black Knight realize that his victory was hollow — he was fighting a weakened man, and never got to experience Greil's true ability. He allows Ike to win in the hope that Ike will someday become as powerful and skilled as his father, and become a substitute he can test his skills against.

Basically, they changed it in the North American version because it gave us more dramatic potential, but it wasn't what the original creators wanted. The original reason the Black Knight lost was because of the warp powder weakening him, not because he let Ike win.

Now, to the MU at hand.

If the Halberd is already on the air when the fight starts, then I can't see Snake infiltrating it. And even if he had some kind of transport ship to get him there, getting close from the air would mean suicide thanks to the Halberd's defenses.

And even if Snake could somehow reach MK, MK still has a major physical advantage over snake. Faster, stronger, has magic, can summon knights indefinetly etc. Not to mention more durable.

_clinton

Smash Master
But then again, are you really sure that the Krazoa spirits are as strong as Ashera? Are you trully sure that they even created the world and those aren't just rumours made by one of the most technologicaly ******** races in the whole star fox universe?
At the end of SFA they put the broken planet back together, so they are the real deal as far as world ****ing power goes.

A skilled enough racing car enthusiast can make amazingly fast and effective cars like noone else can. Does that mean that said man can beat another car enthuasiast who somehow also is a proffesional boxer?
Am I the only one who sees that it is silly to compare two things that do two different things to each other to try and disprove someone’s argument when my argument in the 1st place is that they are two different things in “name only for the most part” that still do the same thing.

From what I have seen in the games, the Krazoa spirits can be taken out of their environment, defeated, controlled and used for evil purposes without much issues. The scales' army, an entire army consisting of a bunch of barbaric idiots that wield nothing but maces and swords, know nothing about technology and can't even speak properly, managed to defeat said gods easily and send the entire planet in disarray.
Scale’s Army was:
A. Given help from Andross because canon wise his spirit was behind the stuff, oh and as far as clubs and swords, they also had jet bikes and machines powered by the same stuff Fox’s stuff uses, in fact it was their new technology that they got access to “somehow” that allowed them to ****ing cause all of the game’s issues.
B. The Dinos speak just fine actually; it’s just that they have their own language and Fox (not them for some parts as Tricky shows when you meet him for the 1st time) just doesn’t know the language they speak which is why he has a translator on him for the start of the game. Personally I like the idea that the series actually took into consideration that there might be more than one universal language in it.
C. They didn’t beat the gods, they disturbed their resting place that they were there for a million years or something like that and unleashed Andross there, who was a strong enough psychic to the point where he was alive somehow still. That is what caused the spirits to end up leaving the area and being hidden by the opposing side of Scales because if used wrong their power could **** things up.

Really the only difference it seems between the two beings is that Ike’s god has had a more hands on approach with her creations where as the Krazoa spirits just want to “sleep as they do their job” because of the condition that the planet they made is in anyway because of a great calamity that ****ed it up.

And then you realize that, according to this video, she could have destroyed THE ENTIRE WORLD IF SHE WASN'T BOUND BY A MEASLY RULE.
Actually she did and it was only Yune having a different view from her that made her feel the world was worth something that saved it for the start of it. She couldn’t overcome Yune though because they were equal.

Comparing the Krazoa spirits to Ashera is like comparing a Toyota with a Ferrari. The Krazoa spirits are pathetic.
I think you are more along the lines of just underestimating them because you think Scales was the threat for that game and you seem to forget that the real threat was Andross actually when looking at the game, not Scales.

Andross was already a galaxy threat before he was killed the 1st time as you can see from Star Fox 64 and he was also the thing that caused the planet to be ****ed up anyway as this video shows at around 0:18 with the talking about the “great evil” that was unleashed in the place:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Z9g9MzYT8&feature=related

Yup, Someone with god powers or weapons blessed by a powerfull god could harm him. Sadly, no weapons or characters in smash reach that level of power.
Yeah, I disagree with that, and here is a small list:

-Mario characters are packing universe destroying powers and such in some way w/o factoring the other ones that are just around.
-Samus is the ultimate result from a race of beings that created a large amount of life.
-Pit takes on a being that took on and over threw “Athena”
-Kirby’s canon is neat, just saying.
-Falcon said **** you to his universe’s gods, and his canon is packing some neat things besides that in those cars.
-Mewtwo is a more powerful clone of a Universal Genesis pokemon because space happens to be talked about.
-Ness/Lucas is packing universe destroying/creating/changing power.
-Sonic has taken on god beings and won.

Even the master sword and the sword of sages that Ganondorf wields were created by the sages which can be killed fairly easily as the TP and OoT has shown us.
They didn’t make the master sword actually according to the canon.

Doesn't say anything about making her weaker.
“Weaker” in the concept that it tires her out in order to use that stuff, as in she shows true signs of fatigue with the stuff, which itself shows a limit for how much she can use it.

And, like I said earlier: mantle is just a skill.
It’s a skill to represent a certain blessing type of the gods.

As shown in Path of Radiance, the Black Knight is invincible no matter if he has the skill mantle or not, and can only be defeated by Ragnell.
Again, he pretty much has the skill of mantle even if it doesn’t say it on his screen:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/920189/42716
Black Knight: My armor is blessed by the goddess. Only weapons that are also
blessed can so much as scratch it.
His story is the same as foes packing Mantle, who cares if the game forgot to put “it” on him? Maybe they didn’t want to give away a certain plot point? After all the BK is related to the true “big bad” of Ike’s games (Sephiran)

And guess what our skin, fur and ribcage are? Natural armour that protects us from our environment.
However there is a very large difference between us and them, what with the claws and such.

Second, simple. Laguz only have their skin and fur as protection, no armour at all. Yet, their bodies are blessed just fine just like armour and weapons.
Um, is it not just their claws and such for the final battles or something? (As in “natural” weapons, the game even points out that they are "equal" to weapons and such from the other race)

Do they get the "mantle" skill once yune blesses them as physical proof? No they, don't. Why don't they get it? Because it would make the player units broken.
How would it make them broken when the “final” areas all have “the potential” to have foes packing that stuff as well?

And it certainly would be easy to take off after that if they didn’t want to make the after game stuff super easy: notice the game has done it with the start of PoR with stuff like discipline?

The fact is they didn’t do it, and the game makes a clear difference between the blessings given to the characters, I see these types:

Mantel-as in the only this hurts you and such
Class promotion-as in a general power up
Weapons-making things go past mantel

Yune has proof of using two/three of them.

Why? Because the mantle skill still mostly remains as a way to make bosses more difficult in the game.
Right, how are they more difficult again when your team is packing a ton of unlimited use items made from the best weapons around if you are sane in using it?

In short: they do have the skill canonicaly, yet they don't have it gameplay-wise because that would make the game way to easy to finish.
Ah no, there really wouldn’t be much of a difference between the sides if both sides “had it max with all of them” like you are saying they are canon wise when you look at it.

And speaking of gameplay mechanics: the whole attacks divided by nine thing is nothing more than a gameplay mechanic.
Yeah, and things like HP and such are gameplay mechanics as well. So are you going to start huffing some BS like “Ike has unlimited HP” now because losing HP is in general a game mechanic because of that as well?

Not to mention that Begnion's occupation of Daein meant that all of the spoils of war were recovered by Begnion. Indeed, the ones that searched said castle to find said black knight were the soldiers from begnion.
Yet they didn’t think to report finding something like a magic suit of ****ing armor that would have come in handy when the people started to fight again like they do in that world, and I don’t think it would be that hard for someone to come in and steal the thing for the BK before Begnion’s occupation took it from their search (or just slap his soul into another suit of armor and recover it from that, both sides have “spies” you know.

And you disregarded what I said about his body staying behind. Only his SOUL and his ARMOUR were teleported to the castle, and upon his defeat only his SOUL returned. His armour was trapped there forever. And becaus eof the above reasons, he couldn't just recover it.
Um, I didn’t disregard that.

I clearly pointed out that the fact is his soul filled armor itself could have got out naturally w/o teleporting if there was no risk to the building falling on him with the armor having the blessing and if it is what you are saying it is. However, the game mechanics for mantle clearly disagree with that (because I’m sure getting buried alive would do more than a few hundred HP right?)

Because they are similar in name only. Their abilities are completely different.
How are their abilities completely different? The goddess of Ike’s canon created life and all that for one planet for sure, and the Krazoa spirits created life and brought stability to at least one planet for Fox’s canon.

Ask yourself this: there are 10 cows and 2 horses in a farm. If we call the cows "horses", then how many horses are there?
Actually you have the wrong analogy for what this is, again what you are doing is only comparing two different things in name and saying they aren’t the same when in truth they are the same in “type” for what their biggest accomplishments are.

You are pretty much saying a “brown bear” isn’t a bear at all just because it doesn’t look the same as “polar bear” or something like that.

Same issue as the Krazoa. Both are gods that created their worlds, but that doesn't mean that they are equaly strong or have the same damage potential.
How so? Last I checked “world creation” is pretty much the highest thing you can do on the list of powers as far as potential goes (it’s right under “mass species creation” really), besides “galaxy creation” and so on.

The chaos emeralds may represent chaos in sonic's world…they do not have the power to wipe out the world in an instant,
They do actually, how about that? I mean there power just have been used to rip up the world in Sonic Unleashed after all, and stuff like Chaos from SA1 certainly was going to say **** you to the world. They also have been use to beat a certain god being (said god was a being that ate “dimensions” for lunch according to Eggman).

Ike's sword beam comes with the weapon. It is not a skill that Ike learned to use or something.
It comes with a weapon that is blessed by a goddess, which is proof that not everything is turned off from weapons even.

And all of the mastery skills from fire emblem come naturaly because it's mostly just the character doing acrobatics or delivering a specialy powerfull attack. Link is trained with the sword but many times he requires to learn new skills that will let him use attacks other than slashing and jumping. TP, WW and MC come to mind.
So explain to me why Nihil doesn’t cancel weapon levels and make it so you can only use E rank swords? I mean weapon rank is just a way to explain how the users of said stuff have just been getting better with using said weapons you know so they should be safe to handle "better" ones.

I agree with the walljump.
You agree that it is taken out or what? Because if you think Samus would lose things like the wall jump I disagree with that.

Anyway, I agree with everything you said on the previous post about nihil, so I say that a better definiton for nihil: Nihil would negate skills that were learned by said characters, and mostly consist of using their basic attacks in special combinations that deal more damage.
Except again Nihil doesn’t negate things like weapon level, so if anything the only thing I would see it protecting Ike from is 2nd effects from moves such as for example from Pokemon "swagger’s" confusion side effect that it gives you from giving you a +2 attack. (Or getting paralyzed/burned/frozen from thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam, and such)

Which actually makes more sense because things like skill in Ike's FE games are really just a "side effect" of an attack in the 1st place.

So, what this means is that while the 2nd effects of attacks wouldn't be used on Ike (and is a lot easier to talk about), he still would be open to things like a "thunder wave."

No, it doesn't. If you got the secret ening between Ike and Soren, you should know that it is not a natural talent. Supposedly, only spirit charmers could use magic in FE, but guess what? Soren is no spirit charmer. He is a Branded, and yet, he can use use a forbidden ability when he shouldn't. What does this possibly mean? That all that charmer shiznit is nothing more than legends made up by the people in Tellius, just like how they made up that Yune was the devil itself.
Actually forming a pact with a spirit is only one of the ways you could seriously buff your magic in Ike’s FE according to the game’s itself. So magic still seems to show up from the idea of natural talent or hard work (so you have no proof that it would shut off things like psychic powers/other magic).

I mean characters like Tormod and Calill don’t have one according to their canon and they both use magic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/920189/47709

Calill: Well, there is a way to improve magical abilities beyond one's
essence, but... even that has limits. And a price.

Calill: Some would say so. Magic comes from these spirits-from their
interactions with the natural world. If you take that power into your body,
your magic will see a dramatic and powerful improvement. In plain language,
you turn your body into bait. You get better magic, and the spirit gets...you.

Tormod: But I want to be strong! I want-
Calill: You can still improve your magic without making such a bargain.
FE:RD clearly as the idea for the game as well still. After all, Pelleas has one and he is an important character because he is being lead into thinking he is what Soren really is by birthright:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/932999/53574
Pelleas: Oh! You didn't enter into the pact yourself?

Micaiah: No.

Pelleas: I see. So, it must have been the spirit who wished to make a pact with
you.

Micaiah: Pardon?

Pelleas: It's a very rare phenomenon among newborns. Usually it happens to
infants who have an exceptional talent for magic. You truly are amazing,
Micaiah.
And about the magic being used only by those with natural talent, look at this:
Yeah, FE8 isn’t in the same canon as Ike’s, Marth’s, or Roy’s games, and as far as magic goes even, there are differences between them I’ll admit. However, all of them share the same idea of needing potential if you are to be good and there can be different types from them as you can see from these various quotes:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/921183/36963
Saleh: You must pace yourself. Using too much magic can drain both body and
soul.

Saleh: You had a spark in your eyes. I knew that I saw an exceptional talent
for magic in those eyes.

Vanessa: My point is, we don't have enough mages in Frelia, so we're
counting on you. When I was growing up, I always wanted to be a pegasus
knight like my sister. I was also interested in magic, but I just didn't
have the talent.

Knoll: Hm... Well, I suppose you are right about that. Your magic stems from
faith in the unknowable, the divine presence. In contrast, dark magic stems
from knowledge, from understanding.