• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Are you aware that we use planes to fly into hurricanes to gather information on them? From what I heard, the stronger hurricanes are actually safer to fly into since they are more organized.

JOE!

Smash Hero
thats because tropical stromes can cover entire landmasses with that same force

Tink's winds are essentially only big enough to teleport him and his boat...it'll only do some very localized damage on the ship.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
True to their games...does that mean that the Halberd has to start in the docking bay before taking off?
Wouldn't that allow people to sneak on board?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
True to their games...does that mean that the Halberd has to start in the docking bay before taking off?
Wouldn't that allow people to sneak on board?
Lol, you're taking it a bit too far now. :lick: Characters start their matches ready, right? Full of weapons, items, magic, etc...? Well, MK can start with his ship flying around.

Actually........................................................................ I wonder if he WOULD have to start on a Docking Bay.

Samochan

Smash Master
Lol, you're taking it a bit too far now. :lick: Characters start their matches ready, right? Full of weapons, items, magic, etc...? Well, MK can start with his ship flying around.

Actually........................................................................ I wonder if he WOULD have to start on a Docking Bay.
It's a good thing to know then that there are no docking bays on a neutral battlefield. :lick: Besides, Captain falcon would be very disappointed to realise he couldn't use his racer without a race track and start & finish line. Space animals would groan at the apparent lack of Great fox.

I don't think I saw any docking bays on Kirby super star ultra anyway, though I might be wrong. And besides, Halberd has already taken off and is somehow there and ready to begin, I kinda doubt meta or anyone could just haul their vehicles around without any landing post or anything. Besides we already make characters appear onto a random neutral battlefield to duke it out, what makes it different for vehicles?

In any case, if we limit the characters vehicles to start from certain position, we'd need to limit the characters to start from certain positions as well, like samus landing and coming out from inside her ship. Which imo, would be very dumb.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Hey, Raizen, you spelled Metaknight wrong in the title... Just a heads up.

If the Halberd can stay in the air after its wings are destroyed, then I don't see a cyclone doing much to it.

Samochan

Smash Master
He did it on purpose, missigno. :p Metanite > MetaKnight

Kirby destroyed both wings on Super star, but it kept airborne till it's reactor was destroyed and meta still had ample time to duel kirby and escape before Halberd sunk down. It already gets buffeted by strong winds, Link's teleportation wind that doesn't even blow off his cap is doubtful to deal much damage, if at all. Not forgetting it's not a weapon at all, but teleportation limited to certain locations over the great sea.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Kirby attacked the ship before it took off. We could make MK's ship the neutral battleground.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It's not about how much damage the cyclone can do to the Halberd, it's about how well Metaknight can control the thing in a storm. Have you ever been sitting in a turn lane while cars passed by you? Even cars half the size of yours will make your car shake. You know the turbulence planes (747s included) experience? Those aren't even cyclone speed winds. Even if the cyclone is small, Metaknight will have trouble flying in high speed winds, which reduces a lot of his advantage.

:034:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree with Toon Link winning. Magic Armor would protect Link if he where to hit hit by the Halberd's stuff, and the storms would crash it. Toon Link would be able to beat MetaKnight 1 vs 1, considering Magic Armor, elemental arrows and potions.

hat is, if Toon Link isn't able to deal with Meta with the sword only. Mach Tornado still is overpowered like hell, but Link has potions to heal, MetaKnight has almost nothing which Link cannot handle.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I agree with Toon Link winning. Magic Armor would protect Link if he where to hit hit by the Halberd's stuff, and the storms would crash it. Toon Link would be able to beat MetaKnight 1 vs 1, considering Magic Armor, elemental arrows and potions.

hat is, if Toon Link isn't able to deal with Meta with the sword only. Mach Tornado still is overpowered like hell, but Link has potions to heal, MetaKnight has almost nothing which Link cannot handle.
Metaknight can heal as well. Just thought I'd add that tiny bit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, it would be useless to keep fighting Link with it if it's such a bother even controlling it. MetaKnight (lol I misspelled it as MeatKnight XD) is a little angry warrior guy, so he'd try to fight Toon Link with his sword, and lose badly.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
In addition to making the Halberd difficult to navigate, Tink can shoot fire and ice arrows. If he shoots an ice arrow at one part of the ship, and then again a small distance away. The result is that the metal in the two spots contracts and the middle part is ripped apart. Or if he uses two fire arrows, the ship will expand and crack in that area. The result is the same: the ship begins to fall apart. Obviously this isn't much on a large ship, and it will still be able to fly (especially if it can fly without wings). But if he does it a few times in vulnerable spots on the ship, then the ship will become less and less usable. If nothing else Tink can freeze the jets and prevent the ship from flying. His ice arrows can freeze volcanoes (although I'm not sure how hot/how much energy jets have compared to volcanoes).

:034:

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I just had a silly idea.

UFO Kirby vs Lucas. How is that for a throw-back to roots?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I just had a silly idea.

UFO Kirby vs Lucas. How is that for a throw-back to roots?
Why would you bring up the mother boys again? D:

This thread finally got on track... Help make it stay on-track. D:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, moving on now.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE POWER OF AURA Vs. THE RULER OF DREAMLAND

Lucario Vs. King Dedede

:lucario: Vs. :dedede:

Loser's Round 4, Match 8.

Who will emerge victorious?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I believe Masked Dedede has a spinning attack that makes him invulnerable for its duration. He might be able to use that to stall Lucario out of PP, but I'm not sure how quick it is. And Lucario has Me First, which might counter that.

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I believe Masked Dedede has a spinning attack that makes him invulnerable for its duration. He might be able to use that to stall Lucario out of PP, but I'm not sure how quick it is. And Lucario has Me First, which might counter that.
The invincibility activates as soon as he raises his hammer into position for the spin attack. The issue is that after the attack ends, he's dizzy for a couple seconds. The invul could save him a few times but the vulnerability at the end of the attack makes it risky. Flamethrower stops Lucario from getting close, but he won't have to because he has Aura Sphere. Dedede can try to block AS with missles. If Dedede can stall out Lucario's AS PP and force him to get closer then he has a shot at winning, but it's slim. Lucario is quite fast and could likely sneak enough hits in to win, despite Dedede's durability.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, did Tlink win over MK, when he has no means of really attacking the halberd since he cannot actually create stroms?

_clinton

Smash Master
Has he been shown using it both? I mean, Ness could use PK fire and another PK, that he had.
He absorbed an underground fire area...if that counts for anything with his powers...

...Her vibe spector, and I think Viper said
she could weaken anybody with her magic wand in M&L RPG
, I honestly wish I never heard that spoiler though =/
I REALLLLLY want to play that game =/
You should play that game then...also...have you ever played Super Princess Peach? Sense you seem to think her vibe powers make her invincible/stand up to Ness I have to ask...

BTW...the foes have vibe powers as well that are just like Peach's (Bowser) and more...

She has a parasol weapon in that game that is A. Way better than the one she had in SPM, B. Her skills are showed off more...so here are some facts about that game:

1. Her guard is crap in that game...thus showing that the only reason it was good in SPM was because they said it was good...
2. Vibe powers don't make Peach invincible...hell...she wouldn't be able to use them at all if it wasn't for the fact that she was on that island...here is a list of powers she has:
A. Rage-Cloaks Peach in fire...makes her slow moving...makes her cause stun quakes with her jumps...because overall this has a strength upgrade...
B. Joy-Cloaks Peach in a tornado...makes her fly slowly...but if she is flying...she doesn't have the tornado protection
C. Sorrow-Peach cries a lot to the point where her tears can make plants grow/flash flood her foes (WTF with this huh?), she also happens to run faster
D. Calm-Peach restores health slowly...in the game the foes that have this are represented by being asleep...

So…as far as vibe powers and the thoughts of her using the vibe scepter…I don’t see them as much help…

Also...about Peach’s powers in M&L:SSS…where was that quote of her being able to weaken anyone from? Because I don’t remember that at all in that game…the only things I recall is that Peach is “pure of heart” in that game (which again…considering how Ness has killed his dark side…I don’t see how he isn’t pure either)

Exactly, but the thing is, MGS isn't real world.
It doesn't matter...unlimited bullets is considered a game mech if anything...game mechs. btw in case you haven't figured it out...aren't "true to their games"

The thing is, Mario's FP is like Ness' PP when he uses an attack, right?
Mario's FP is pooled with the other characters total...it isn't really like PP...PP is a representation of the power of the psychic if anything...

as well as undermine other characters' inherent traits (such as Samus' invincibility while Speed Boosting, and Peach's parasol guard), when this thread says TRUE TO THEIR GAMES,
Like I said before…the traits that those things seem to have are more or less not constant with each other…Peach’s guard varies a lot with the two games it is in…hell foes can even knock her out of it in SPP when they are “angry” and causing EQs…

Samus’ speed booster doesn’t even kill some of the Normal foes in Super Metroid! How is that invincibility again when it won’t even kill weak foes like this?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Kago
You can just shoot that foe with Samus’ weaker weapons to kill it…WTF is up with that?

(like turn-based moves beind instantaneous due to Ness/Lucas's opponents not doing anything until you finish up your move)
Actually...my point with this was just me pointing out that we have no true measurement about how long PK takes to do...because they don't show it...like I said before...you can eat a steak dinner in the same amount of time you can eat a cookie because of the game mechs...

Still...for an idea of how long they would really take to do...how long do you think it takes to use TK anyway? As in...how long does it take to think?

The teleporting part is instant but similar to Samus, Ness has to run to activate that (beta runs in circles). That is the long start up time I am talking about. Besides that only takes you to other towns and is not used in fighting.
The fact that you can only use it to take you to other towns is just a game mech. they also said you couldn't use it in a cave...but at the end of the game...they have "broken" their own rules like 3/4 times...which proves only one thing about the start up/restrictions...they are only game mechs.

The game stats that it can take you where ever you want to go...that is the only thing that matters...that is the only thing that stays constant with them and isn't broken...

The charge up time-is broken by the end game
The can only use outside-is broken by the end game

Ever try using it freely in the field? You can use it to get sneak attacks, you can use it to bypass areas you don't want to just walk in...and beta itself is just an easy version of alpha...you could (if you slowed the game down...a lot) do the stuff beta does with just alpha...but in a shorter amount of time

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He absorbed an underground fire area...if that counts for anything with his powers...
No, it doesn't say ****. It just said Ness went there. >_>; You assume way too much. PK Fire isn't learned because Ness absorbed the power of there, which he didn't in game. He just beat the boss there, and recorded a sound in the Sound Stone.

She has a parasol weapon in that game that is A. Way better than the one she had in SPM, B. Her skills are showed off more...so here are some facts about that game:

1. Her guard is crap in that game...thus showing that the only reason it was good in SPM was because they said it was good...
2. Vibe powers don't make Peach invincible...hell...she wouldn't be able to use them at all if it wasn't for the fact that she was on that island...here is a list of powers she has:
A. Rage-Cloaks Peach in fire...makes her slow moving...makes her cause stun quakes with her jumps...because overall this has a strength upgrade...
B. Joy-Cloaks Peach in a tornado...makes her fly slowly...but if she is flying...she doesn't have the tornado protection
C. Sorrow-Peach cries a lot to the point where her tears can make plants grow/flash flood her foes (WTF with this huh?), she also happens to run faster
D. Calm-Peach restores health slowly...in the game the foes that have this are represented by being asleep...
So that Peach's parasol is good is a game mechanic you say? <_< YOu really can call everything a mechanic if it's against your farfetched views right??? Peach's parasol at least is good in game.

Also...about Peach’s powers in M&L:SSS…where was that quote of her being able to weaken anyone from? Because I don’t remember that at all in that game…the only things I recall is that Peach is “pure of heart” in that game (which again…considering how Ness has killed his dark side…I don’t see how he isn’t pure either)
Here you go again. Way far off assumptions.

Mario's FP is pooled with the other characters total...it isn't really like PP...PP is a representation of the power of the psychic if anything...
No that isn't true and I dunno how you can think it's like that. =/ PP and FP are exactly the same. PP means how many PSI you can use, it doesn't mean power of the psychic attacks. If so, Ness' attacks would be most powerful if he has full PP right? Ness IIRC has 666 PP? PSI Rockin' costs about 50 PP, that means Ness can do about 13(?) PSI Rockin's. That's what PP is, and FP works exactly the same way.

Like I said before…the traits that those things seem to have are more or less not constant with each other…Peach’s guard varies a lot with the two games it is in…hell foes can even knock her out of it in SPP when they are “angry” and causing EQs…
Really? Vids please?

Samus’ speed booster doesn’t even kill some of the Normal foes in Super Metroid! How is that invincibility again when it won’t even kill weak foes like this?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Kago
You can just shoot that foe with Samus’ weaker weapons to kill it…WTF is up with that?
Would still work on Ness and Lucas. And most characters here.

Still...for an idea of how long they would really take to do...how long do you think it takes to use TK anyway? As in...how long does it take to think?
Dunno, cause you know... There's no in game proof of it?

EDIT: Btw, Lucario should win this.

_clinton

Smash Master
No, it doesn't say ****. It just said Ness went there. >_>; You assume way too much. PK Fire isn't learned because Ness absorbed the power of there, which he didn't in game. He just beat the boss there, and recorded a sound in the Sound Stone.
So...have you played EB again? Because Ness does absorb the 8 power spots of the world in case you forgot that? Hell…the power belongs to him in the 1st place according to the foes when you are fighting them…

In fact...answer this for me how come you guys think Ness/Lucas can't create PK Fire when there is proof that they can create/destroy/change matter freely in these games?

Do I have to remind you guys what matter is again?

I think it’s kind of hard to not accept Ness/Lucas being able to create one little bond fire when they can **** up the world with their powers…

So that Peach's parasol is good is a game mechanic you say? <_< YOu really can call everything a mechanic if it's against your farfetched views right??? Peach's parasol at least is good in game.
Here we go again…

I said that the interpretation of Peach’s parasol and what it can defend vs. changes in between the two games she has that she uses it…

In one game it is called a guard…not invincibility…just a “guard” a “parry”
And in the other game…it doesn’t guard that well at all…

Thus showing that they only made it protect vs. so much in SPM only because they wanted to…it’s still a guard…but it isn’t some magical defend vs. everything attack…it just has “logic” behind how it would work if it was in real life…

The way it works in SPM is how “unlimited ammo” works if you needed an anology…

Here you go again. Way far off assumptions.
The game script says that Peach is pure of heart (for whatever reason)

And how would you not consider Ness “pure” when he doesn’t have an evil side?

No that isn't true and I dunno how you can think it's like that. =/ PP and FP are exactly the same. PP means how many PSI you can use, it doesn't mean power of the psychic attacks. If so, Ness' attacks would be most powerful if he has full PP right? Ness IIRC has 666 PP? PSI Rockin' costs about 50 PP, that means Ness can do about 13(?) PSI Rockin's. That's what PP is, and FP works exactly the same way.
PP is the only measurement we have for telling how powerful these psychics are…that is why I’m thinking like that…PP determines how much energy said psychic can use before they are “tired” because if you look at how you restore PP…
Magic Butterfly=relax
Inn=sleep
Various food items such as deserts/sweets (for the most part…Gelato de resort for example in EB doesn’t restore PP for whatever reason)

What do these 3 things say about psychic powers?

FP isn’t like PP at all…PP is a “real measure” of something that could be applied to these debates for meaning something…FP is just a game mech (and doesn’t even work the same way)

Really? Vids please?
I really think you should be playing SPP to see what I mean when I say it doesn’t guard that well… ^_^

But you know…there is always the option of taking a ROM of SPP and a DS emulator…going to the 1st world of that game…finding a “mad goomba” in the 1st level…pressing down to crouch…and then seeing what happens…when he makes a quake…

Actually I take it back about Vibe Island being the reason for Peach’s wild mood swings…it’s this guy who is responsible…
http://www.mariowiki.com/Perry
Peach’s MP stat is directly linked to him in that game (the kid eating things/picking up crystals raises it)

Would still work on Ness and Lucas. And most characters here.
Yes…because Ness/Lucas don’t have a shield made from thinking that protects from beams, missiles, blasts, and so on…to the point where just attacking them is going to make Samus feel like she shot herself…oh and they also don’t have extreme elemental resistance as well…

BTW…that one foe I posted isn’t the only foe Samus can’t plow through with speed booster…just saying…

She also can’t seem to break though ice covered (from her ice beam) foes ^_^ (naturally I’m joking about this and KNOW WHY she can’t…but you know…I just have to say it)

Dunno, cause you know... There's no in game proof of it?
Yet…looking at this:

Psychic (pronounced /ˈsaɪkɨk/; from the Greek psychikos—"of the soul, mental")
psychokinesis (from the Greek ψυχή, "psyche", meaning mind, soul, heart, or breath; and κίνησις, "kinesis", meaning motion, movement; literally "mind-movement")

How hard is it to figure out how fast they are based off that info?

warpd

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was decided that PSI was really magic based. Not really psychic.

justaway12

Smash Master
You should play that game then...also...have you ever played Super Princess Peach? Sense you seem to think her vibe powers make her invincible/stand up to Ness I have to ask...
Since when did I say it made her invincible?

BTW...the foes have vibe powers as well that are just like Peach's (Bowser) and more...
They show one emotion.
I'm aware of her parasol, but she didn't guard that good.
Perry =/= SPM Parasol.
I never said she was invincible.
So…as far as vibe powers and the thoughts of her using the vibe scepter…I don’t see them as much help…
Why not? The mad vibe

I said/meant Bowser's inside story.
It doesn't matter...unlimited bullets is considered a game mech if anything...game mechs. btw in case you haven't figured it out...aren't "true to their games"

This is completly not the point, just examples.

Samochan

Smash Master
How is tink gonna teleport on top of halberd when it doesn't stick to one place, while link's teleporting system definitely uses pre-determined places for him to land? >_> It would inevitably lead link crashing back to earth cause halberd just went away lol. Then if he somehow got on top of halberd, he'd have to deal with multiple (at least 2) combo cannons that fire bullets/lasers at high speed, bombs and then a nice pulse laser. Combo cannon can take down dynablade and kirby on warpstar with one hit. Tink has hard time accessing any engines found from the back and bottom of the ship, he can't fly there via deku leaf even if he changed the wind directions and then go shooting ice arrows or something. Neither he could just shoot ice arrows that far from atop ground and in any case, if he wants to stick to halberd a while longer, he'd need to expend his magic with magic armor to not get owned by combo cannon. Then he'd still need to face metaknight himself who has the deadly tornado, metaquick and can heal himself, alongside being very quick, small and adept swordsman, capable of flying at high speeds, sword beam projectiles...

Tink needs to use up his magic armor if he ever wants to just stay alive against Halberd's combo cannon. And even if he were to crash it, he'd crash along with it or it would crash onto him lol, while meta could just escape his ship via teleport. I don't see how Tink could win this if he needs to expend his magic just to protect himself, wherever he goes and halberd can take quite lot of punishment before going down *cough reactor cough*.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Needs10chars.
oh god, not this again

But really, is Tink actually going to hit that huge thing when its zipping around in the sky? And the Ice Arrows didn't actually freeze the volcano, it was still ZOMGing with magma. Also, the Ice doesn't seem to have an extremely large freeze radius. And that ship might be huge, as well as being able to keep flying until its reactor dies.

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the lava stopped until the timer ran. So yeah, Volcano = frozen.

Imagine what that'd do to a ship? Also, Halberd's an easy target.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Actually, the lava stopped until the timer ran. So yeah, Volcano = frozen.

Imagine what that'd do to a ship? Also, Halberd's an easy target.
It's ****ing impossible to change your mind about this.

The volcano STOPPED erupting. The sides weren't frozen, hell, when you went inside that one plot volcano, magma was flowing freely. That's about it.

There's also the contradiction that the Ice Arrows don't actually do that when playing the game >_>

LOG!

Top Bottom