• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash bros needs more girls? Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't know what with people supporting different sex ? does it really matter ? as far as I remember it's a fighting game not a mating-fest, so it doesn't matter Female or Male are the same....

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
Krystal, Palutena and Medusa are great female characters with important roles to their respective franchises. I don't want them just because they're girls, (there aren't enough slots in any fighting game to add characters for a silly reason like that) but having more female characters in a predominately male game is nice for variety's sake if anything.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Because we need more for the smash bros kitchens :troll:

Seriously though the guy girl ratio is very lopsided in comparison to other fighters like street fighter and mortal kombat so some more chicks wouldn't hurt.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There are some legitimate reasons why adding more female characters is beneficial, but yeah, being female is just a bonus for characters that also happen to be... GOOD additions.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Samus should be the boba fett of the Nintendo world. Just stands back with gun in hand looking bad ***

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe Samus should be the boba fett of the Nintendo world. Just stands back with gun in hand looking bad ***
It worked for her before they decided to make her an insecure, emotionally fragile, and male-obedient yeswoman. :glare:

Team Ninja should stick to their boob physics and panty-shot-centric games from now on and leave the best heroine in gaming alone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is the problem with leaving a character up to interpretation for so long. People start cooking up Mary Sue versions of the character in their heads and start whining as soon as they find out that the character is not who they thought she was despite having so little evidence to say otherwise.

Rif-Raf

Smash Rookie
I really hope we're all for this for the same reason, you know that equality stuff. Besides I know it's called Super Smash Brothers, but it wouldn't be fun if it was man-fest. Every great fighting series has ladies in it and by the look of Peach, Zelda and Samus, Smash is included :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's poorly drawn, but it's not like it's that bad

jigglover

Smash Lord
I didn't think it was poorly drawn, but just to get this straight, we ARE all doing this box art surrounding the equality and stuff?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
And it's obviously a joke. Nintendo will never drop to that level of fanservice...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And it's obviously a joke. Nintendo will never drop to that level of fanservice...
Nintendo would be in major trouble if it stooped that low.

Heck, I once recalled hearing that Princess Peach was planned to be a bonus opponent for Punch-Out!!, but was later replaced by Donkey Kong. Smart move on Nintendo's part.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@DakotaBonez & Hypercat-Z: I'd recommend that you edit your posts so that the images are in collapse tags. I think they'll probably be quite distracting if they're out in the open.

@R.O.B. & Hypercat-Z: Be sure to put the quoted image in collapse tags too.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know I could see Sakurai doing this. Just look at Peach's foreward tilt B and then just so happens to have rotating camera angles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Agree! It would have worked better with Daisy, since she's a tomboy.
Plus everyone wants to beat the crap out of Daisy anyway. :awesome:

Honestly though, I think Donkey Kong was the best pick for "bonus" character. Not because he was male, but because he really didn't feel that out of place, which I guess says something about the other Punch-Out characters. :laugh:

I'm just disappointed Mario didn't return as ref. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They could have pulled a Final Fight, and say that peach is really a ******

D

Deleted member

Well, there's more than one Birdo you know.

Chances are there's at least ONE female in the bunch.

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
Personally if a girl is worthy of a spot she will get in, no need to make a special effort just to have more females imo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aren't transvestites more associated with men? I mean it's pretty much okay for a woman to dress up as a man, but the other way around.
That's more of a drag king (man woman or hemale).

Anyways, I agree with Reika. A female character should only be in if they are unique, popular, really relavent to Nintendo's history, and are important to their respective franchises.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom