• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Podcasts! Ask S2J QUESTIONS!!!

P-99

Smash Cadet
interview me at apex *******
That was too good =D I swear that's the first time I say that on the internet but I died right there =D

On a serious note though you have to really interview him whether it is at Apex or in SoCal :)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Ask questions for Hax! Interview at apex!

I asked aniolas and he said Armada is most likely down too, but I'm gonna wait on confirmation first.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
What's more important for a Falcon main: good reads or good reaction time?

Beat!

Smash Master
Tell us about perfect Peach and Falcon's matchup against her.

Also, what on earth gave you the idea that removing CC and SDI would make the game more balanced?

Ok I'm done

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Who was your first main?
What made you stick to captain falcon in the end?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Doll: I was already podcasted last apex haha(apparently I sucked at it though XD)

for Hax: could you tech chase spacies on reaction with grabs to death consistently for a set...what about for a tournament? assuming they're good spacies obviously.

Edit: lovage podcast was interesting. well done.

Hax

Smash Champion
excited for the podcast

Also, what on earth gave you the idea that removing CC and SDI would make the game more balanced?
more balanced? more manly definitely, but idr posting anything about the game being more balanced

just thought about it and yeah, it probably would be. the best characters also have the best options out of CC for the most part. falco shines you for your stock (at least 70%), jiggs and sheik CAN'T BE GRABBED by some characters, peach dsmashes you from a distance that gets at least 3 hits + forces ground recovery vs fastfallers. these are, for the most part, the best CC's in the game. if you got rid of CC'ing you'd deprive top tier characters of one of their luxuries and make the game more balanced, i guess.

getting rid of SDI would slightly (very marginally) make the game more balanced because the top tier characters are also, for the most part, the best at chasing SDI. when i'm edgeguarding sheik as falcon and i'm on the ledge when she lands at the very end of the stage after an up-b, i can ledgehop stomp -> knee her guaranteed. even if she SDI's my stomp hard to one side, i have time to chase her with falcon's extremely fast movement speed and knee her if i'm fast enough. take DK, a low tier: his counterpart is stomp -> nothing if they SDI hard to one side. it's meant to serve as one of infinite examples.

many aspects of top tier characters, such as OP combo-starting moves, long-ranged moves, quick moves, fast movement speed, etc. translate into gaining the most from CC'ing/SDI (moreso CC'ing). thus, further distancing them from the rest of the cast.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The idea of drillshine ad infinitum to move of choice being an inescapable combo for Fox on anyone he can combo into drill off waveshine seems kind of nonsensical so I'm not sure the removal of SDI would really balance it. Especially for low tier characters.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hax, what are your goals at the moment? What do you hope to achieve? What's your favorite match-up? How motivated are you right now to accomplish these goals?

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
hax what do u think falcons role in teams is? who do u think falcons best teammates are (character-wise) and why

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
1. is a solid read game mandatory in every single match? (assuming your opponent is of equal level
or can falcon just as easily play a solid zone/combo game and do well?

2. I would love to hear your opinion on the falco-falcon matchup (at mid/high level each) the ratio of it, what falcon needs to do to beat falco, practically everything involving this matchup at all that you wouldn't mind going into detail on.

3. What are you doing right that other falcons arent? Go into detail if possible, it's gotta be something pretty big with falcon being so rare in top level.

4. Where do you rank yourself in USA?

5.Who's better, EC or WC?

6. Top 5 falcons in order? in your opinion.

answer whatever

Varist

Smash Lord
hax what made SilentSpectre so amazing in your opinion? because you like him so much

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1. Ask hax questionssssssssss
2. I couldn't end up contacting armada directly, so I'm just gonna ask him if he wants to do this at the venue, and if he says yes, I'll get questions from people at Apex looooool

Landry

Smash Ace
ask Hax why his character can't approach and just listen to him talk about that for the whole interview

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
XD at no sdi. So many less tech options, fox's upair/dair, peach's d-smash, ics would get so many more chain throws/unbreakable, and really the arguement about dks dair isn't really that great people don't go out of their way to sdi those moves and really at most makes maybe 2 feet of difference (2/3 marth's sword) I have no idea how taking away their options would help. Also sheild sdi helps deal with sheild pressure.

Also normally just space and CCing isn't nearly as good there are many counters and at the end of the day only peach and puff only have good enough ccs to seriously abuse they run a high enough risk/reqard rate to not worry about soacing nearly as much. As falco(say same range as puff) if it whiffs You'll likly get comboed to a pulp it could be equal risk and reward. Even 10 frames of lag in front of them isn't safe.

:phone:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
The hbox interview is cool, but what happened to the hax interview? Did it happen at apex?

Top Bottom