• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

alcheato

Smash Ace
Project M tourney?! ****. Why must this be on ACEN weekend? Oh well, hopefully there will be more Project M in the future so I can try it out.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Oh right, ACEN is on this weekend... what's the projected turnout for this tournament then? It'll make the tournament go even faster so we could do more friendlies!

Also, I'm going to bring a recording setup :).

Blank0ut

Smash Rookie
I can bring two wiis with project M, will there be extra TVs there?
If not, I'll see what I can do, but I don't have any easily transported TVs atm.

If possible, could you throw up a time for Project M?
It'd be convenient for my friend and I since we are going to this just for the P:M event. (As well as a third of ours can come if it starts 6:30 or later.)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
If not, I'll see what I can do, but I don't have any easily transported TVs atm.

It'd be convenient for my friend and I since we are going to this just for the P:M event. (As well as a third of ours can come if it starts 6:30 or later.)
He said back 9 of singles, which is usually pretty late. I'd be surprised if the Melee bracket starts before 6

ORLY

Smash Master
let's set a hard start time for project M at 5:00

singles will start at 3:00 PM sharp

and if there aren't enough entrants for doubles, we'll prob do pancake (or maybe even mario kart double dash!)

"enough entrants for doubles" means 8 teams

metroid1117

Smash Master
let's set a hard start time for project M at 5:00

singles will start at 3:00 PM sharp

and if there aren't enough entrants for doubles, we'll prob do pancake (or maybe even mario kart double dash!)

"enough entrants for doubles" means 8 teams
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, **** just got real.

Blank0ut said:

Did you and your friend fill out the Project M player finder on SmashMods? If not, then you might be able to find more people play P:M with by doing so. I can foresee myself playing more P:M than Melee at this event, I hope to see you guys there :).

ORLY

Smash Master
just a reminder that i'd like at least three compatible set-ups for project M

we'll swap them over once singles pools are finished

this is gonna heavily rely on people playing their matches when they're supposed to so everyone can play whatever they want

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I posted this on FB but i'll post it again here: I won't be able to make it. I have work tomorrow (today :() and saturday morning, as well as a lot of HW. I am the group leader in my databases class, and our final project is due tuesday... and nobody in my group knows wtf they are doing but me and one other kid (who hasn't picked up the slack). Basically my weekend is going to be spent writing the php for a login system and managing an online store, writing up the document explaining our project, and making a presentation to give about our site...

metroid1117

Smash Master
I posted this on FB but i'll post it again here: I won't be able to make it. I have work tomorrow (today :() and saturday morning, as well as a lot of HW. I am the group leader in my databases class, and our final project is due tuesday... and nobody in my group knows wtf they are doing but me and one other kid (who hasn't picked up the slack). Basically my weekend is going to be spent writing the php for a login system and managing an online store, writing up the document explaining our project, and making a presentation to give about our site...
Dang, I hope everything works out okay. My friends had to write a lab report last weekend, except the groups were random, so some of them got stuck with people who didn't do their work. Good luck with homework!

ORLY said:
just a reminder that i'd like at least three compatible set-ups for project M

we'll swap them over once singles pools are finished

this is gonna heavily rely on people playing their matches when they're supposed to so everyone can play whatever they want
I'll see if I can bring my friend's Wii and PM, but I won't be able to bring a TV.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
does every member of the group get the same grade?

hopefully they have "team member evaluations" or something like that...
yeah there are, but mostly its a group grade. Its only like half our grade in the class, no biggie lol

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I know most peeps like melee more, but I'm curious on how project m turns out.

ORLY

Smash Master
i reduced the entry fee because i want the cost of coming to tournaments to be less

with gas prices so high, traveling is super expensive and not everyone can be like kelly and win singles every time, so it's less financially demanding

besides, we don't really play this game for the money, right?

@strongbad: yeah i'll include a list of chars

Tink

Smash Hero
rofll....we kindaaa do....without it, its makes melee even less competitive....5 bux imo just isnt enough....i know i wont be showing up because of that :/ and ive talked to the higher placing players that have the same thought on it....its like a damn smashfest, and ur right, the gas is tooo high to be driving for that these days.

but then again, once me and kelly stop coming, maybe itll be back up to 10 :p.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
melee is still better than project m. all the good characters are from melee, cept got worse IMO. The new "buffed" characters still get trainwrecked by foxfalcosheik

Tink

Smash Hero
then u havnt played ike my friend 0_0....dudes marth/ganon combined but faster.

john, is that how u really want to win? plus, that wont happen in melee lolll....dart didnt play for months and wins smym, cosmo does the same basically the year before....MW is great when we take time off =D.

also, the only person that can come for money is kelly, or the guy that wins all the time...playing for more money isnt all about winning it heh

Tink

Smash Hero
no it didnt loll....its however you want to read it, but my point was pretty clear i thought....5 bux is a smashfest, 10 bux is alot more competitive and feels like your actually playing for something.....as a person thats been in tournaments for half my life, 5 bux feels like a joke :/.

its all good....ill just have to miss a bunch of these untill sveet takes over in a couple of months ://....u guys have funn...with your smashfest.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
then u havnt played ike my friend 0_0....dudes marth/ganon combined but faster.

john, is that how u really want to win? plus, that wont happen in melee lolll....dart didnt play for months and wins smym, cosmo does the same basically the year before....MW is great when we take time off =D.

also, the only person that can come for money is kelly, or the guy that wins all the time...playing for more money isnt all about winning it heh
lol I've played him. I actually thought he was the most interesting new character

still pretty sure falco could tap that perdy ez

Tink

Smash Hero
dudeee...u gotta see me vs vroo....its like a constant john fest from me.....ike is sooooo good.

ORLY

Smash Master
i was one of the last people to change their bi-weekly entry fees to $5 and it's a solid idea

yes, it's mostly going to be locals a lot of the time, but isn't that really what we were going to get anyway? i'd rather save the money for something like traveling to FC or when we have a notably higher attendance.

Tink

Smash Hero
i slightly agree....but when ur 5 bux entry fee, makes your best players stop coming, i think u gotta back track.....i mean, whats that say about the TO, that hes fine with lowering the price, while making the great players turned off to coming...and im not saying this because of me...ive had talks with kelly and vipers about this prob. and im sure matt/tom will be coming less with no teams and 5$ entry :/.

i just think ur sacrificing alot more with the great players not coming....we do offer great practice to ppl 0_0. specially with the MW "rededicating" ourselves for FC....it just doesnt seem that way :/.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Are there any videos of Vro playing Ike? I main him, I'd be very interested in seeing any gameplay.

Also, $5 to attract newcomers versus $10 to attract better players sounds like an interesting argument. How many newcomers are because of the lowered entry fee? I'm not going to see any of the money anyway, but if we get a net loss of people because of the lowered entry fee, it doesn't seem worth it to me. That's just my opinion though, financially I'm all for saving $5 :p.

Tink

Smash Hero
honestly, i was just kinda bored, and semi trolling/semi being serious.....i mean, Rbros are always off/on again tournament goers....and kelly i highlyyy doubt would miss a chance to win 100 bux XD(i wouldnt in this economy 0_0 )...so your prolly not losing a bunch of players or anything....but at the same time, i doubt your gaining much either(considering chris's "new player" system)

vros ike tho...dangeroussssss.

Top Bottom